Insanity Clinic For The Moderately Brandofandonitis Afflicted

Medium

29 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Ruined City of ???

Thaidakar smiled and blasted another shadow creature.

Ruined City of ???

Nameless shook his head, summoning a wall of flame to block off a road filled with the things. They pushed through the flames, so he collapsed two of the ruined buildings into the street instead, crushing the monsters under tons of rubble. As the dust settled, he turned towards Rue, satisfied look on his face. "Rue, in case you didn't know, these things are Shadowspawn, so feel free to use the power on them."

@Aes Sedai

Just now, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

Ruined City of ???

Nameless shook his head, summoning a wall of flame to block off a road filled with the things. They pushed through the flames, so he collapsed two of the ruined buildings into the street instead, crushing the monsters under tons of rubble. As the dust settled, he turned towards Rue, satisfied look on his face. "Rue, in case you didn't know, these things are Shadowspawn, so feel free to use the power on them."

@Aes Sedai

The presence reappeared by Nameless, invisible and yet nearly tangible.

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

The presence reappeared by Nameless, invisible and yet nearly tangible.

Nameless sighed, jabbing a sharpened flow of spirit into the approximate area he thought the presence would be. "What are you doing here Malum? Have you finished convincing TAAron and the rest that you've killed me?"

1 minute ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

Nameless sighed, jabbing a sharpened flow of spirit into the approximate area he thought the presence would be. "What are you doing here Malum? Have you finished convincing TAAron and the rest that you've killed me?"

Ruined City of ???

"Should I blast it with my watch?" asked Thaidakar, adjusting his glasses.

He laughed cruelly. "I'm going to tell you what's happening again, and this time it's the truth. They're back at the Clinic. Haly is gone, TAAron is suicidal, Lerac is about to die, and Wynn can't do anything to save him. How sad, since she'd grown to love him."

Ruined City of ???

"No Thaidakar, I doubt it would work." Nameless shook his head at Malum's words, looking unsettled. "That... sounds like the truth." He frowned. "Tell me, why is TAAron suicidal? Is it because Haly's gone?"

@The Aspiring Archivist @Thaidakar the Ghostblood

"He has been for days now. I'm sure you can guess one of the reasons."

2 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"He has been for days now. I'm sure you can guess one of the reasons."

Ruined City of ???

"Is there-" Nameless hesitated. "Is there any chance that Haly could be found? TAAron really loved her. I'm sure that would snap him out of it."

Ruined City of ???

"Is there-" Nameless hesitated. "Is there any chance that Haly could be found? TAAron really loved her. I'm sure that would snap him out of it."

"I have no idea where she went. But I doubt it would help. He stabbed himself in front of her yesterday. Funny, how for some people all it takes is a little nudge..."

Edited by The Aspiring Archivist

"I have no idea where she went. But I doubt it would help. He stabbed himself in front of her yesterday. Funny, how for some people all it takes is a little nudge..."

Ruined City of ???

"I see. Well, at least he's in the Clinic." Nameless grinned broadly. "I'm actually relieved. They're all safe, and from the sound of it TAAron and Haly have gotten over the memory problems. Thank you for giving me the good news. Wynn and Lerac fell in love, you say? Couldn't have guessed. She's immortal, isn't she? I suppose losing Lerac will be painful, if they don't figure out some way to stop it." He laughed. "Knowing them, they probably will."

Ruined City of ???

"I see. Well, at least he's in the Clinic." Nameless grinned broadly. "I'm actually relieved. They're all safe, and from the sound of it TAAron and Haly have gotten over the memory problems. Thank you for giving me the good news. Wynn and Lerac fell in love, you say? Couldn't have guessed. She's immortal, isn't she? I suppose losing Lerac will be painful, if they don't figure out some way to stop it." He laughed. "Knowing them, they probably will."

"They won't. You know, I don't see what makes you so primed to believe me this time. Is it because this time I went for a slightly happier angle? Less dramatic?" A steady pain mounted in Nameless' head.

"They won't. You know, I don't see what makes you so primed to believe me this time. Is it because this time I went for a slightly happier angle? Less dramatic?" A steady pain mounted in Nameless' head.

Ruined City of ???

Nameless winced, holding a hand to his head. "Slightly happier? You almost had me believing they were all dead. No, it's because this one's so easy to check! I can call the clinic at any time to confirm, and I'm sure you knew that. In fact, let me do that now." Nameless pulled out his phone, calling Calano. "Hey, Calano? This is Nameless. Has TAAron gotten back to the clinic with Wynn and someone named Lerac?

@CalanoCorvus

Ruined City of ???

Nameless winced, holding a hand to his head. "Slightly happier? You almost had me believing they were all dead. No, it's because this one's so easy to check! I can call the clinic at any time to confirm, and I'm sure you knew that. In fact, let me do that now." Nameless pulled out his phone, calling Calano. "Hey, Calano? This is Nameless. Has TAAron gotten back to the clinic with Wynn and someone named Lerac?

@CalanoCorvus

The pain rapidly increased, and Calano's voice spoke. "No, I don't think so."

The pain rapidly increased, and Calano's voice spoke. "No, I don't think so."

Nameless froze for a moment, then tossed his phone to Thaidakar. "Hey, could you speak to Calano for me? I think Malum's messing with my head."

25 minutes ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

Ruined City of ???

"No Thaidakar, I doubt it would work." Nameless shook his head at Malum's words, looking unsettled. "That... sounds like the truth." He frowned. "Tell me, why is TAAron suicidal? Is it because Haly's gone?"

@The Aspiring Archivist @Thaidakar the Ghostblood

Ruined City of ???

"Ah.." he seemed disappointed.

Nameless froze for a moment, then tossed his phone to Thaidakar. "Hey, could you speak to Calano for me? I think Malum's messing with my head."

Thaidakar caught it and put it in his satchel, "I have a better way..." he tapped his watch and entered a command. Calano's phone started buzzing.

@CalanoCorvus

1 minute ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Ruined City of ???

Thaidakar caught it and put it in his satchel, "I have a better way..." he tapped his watch and entered a command. Calano's phone started buzzing.

@CalanoCorvus

So... I guess we wait? We can probably assume he would say yes, but not exactly what he would say.

The Clinic

Matra stood outside Calano’s office, waiting for X. She didn’t want to invade privacy, which she sensed X might need, but she wanted to be there for him if Calano told him things he didn’t want to hear.

With her back to the wall, she could feel it when a body slumped down against the other side of that wall. It was followed by a whispered, choked “No.” Seems like things have gone badly.

Great. Now there are two of us who are grieving for corrupted loved ones. 

Pulling out a notepad and paper, she scribbled a note and pushed it under the door to Calano’s office. It gave a reassurance - an empty reassurance - that Emma and X’s family would one day return. She didn’t sign it. 
What else can I do?

She did the only thing she could think of. She brought them muffins.

I hope you guys don’t mind me tagging along with your plotline.

@CalanoCorvus @xinoehp512

2 minutes ago, Shadowed said:

The Clinic

Matra stood outside Calano’s office, waiting for X. She didn’t want to invade privacy, which she sensed X might need, but she wanted to be there for him if Calano told him things he didn’t want to hear.

With her back to the wall, she could feel it when a body slumped down against the other side of that wall. It was followed by a whispered, choked “No.” Seems like things have gone badly.

Great. Now there are two of us who are grieving for corrupted loved ones. 

Pulling out a notepad and paper, she scribbled a note and pushed it under the door to Calano’s office. It gave a reassurance - an empty reassurance - that Emma and X’s family would one day return. She didn’t sign it. 
What else can I do?

She did the only thing she could think of. She brought them muffins.

@CalanoCorvus @xinoehp512

Not at all! :D

X looked up listlessly as Matra entered the room, his now-gray eyes empty of emotion. He took a muffin wordlessly and began nibbling on it.

36 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

X looked up listlessly as Matra entered the room, his now-gray eyes empty of emotion. He took a muffin wordlessly and began nibbling on it.

The Clinic: A Hallway

Listlessly, Telrao wandered about in a hallway, feeling useless. 

I don't just feel useless. I am useless. She thought, turning down another hall, passing yet another series of doors. I'm not worthy of being the next in line for the Guardian. I've failed so much...

She paused, cocking her head. Though she could sense plenty of dejected emotions around the clinic (including her own) she felt the impression of new grief. She frowned and tugged on that thread. There.

She made her way to Calano's office, opening the door with an Aon, then padded through. She noted Matra nearby X and gave her a slow-blink. Then, Telrao trotted over to X and settled into his lap, purring and drawing a small Aon Omi - the Aon for Love. It released a small wave of calming emotion, like a warm hug.

@xinoehp512

3 hours ago, Telrao said:

The Clinic: A Hallway

Listlessly, Telrao wandered about in a hallway, feeling useless. 

I don't just feel useless. I am useless. She thought, turning down another hall, passing yet another series of doors. I'm not worthy of being the next in line for the Guardian. I've failed so much...

She paused, cocking her head. Though she could sense plenty of dejected emotions around the clinic (including her own) she felt the impression of new grief. She frowned and tugged on that thread. There.

She made her way to Calano's office, opening the door with an Aon, then padded through. She noted Matra nearby X and gave her a slow-blink. Then, Telrao trotted over to X and settled into his lap, purring and drawing a small Aon Omi - the Aon for Love. It released a small wave of calming emotion, like a warm hug.

@xinoehp512

The Clinic: Calano’s Office

Matra sighed in pure relief. “Telrao! I think you’re just who we need. X has had a… realisation… and, well, I think we could all use some therapy right now. Do you think you can help?”

12 hours ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

Ruined City of ???

@Aes Sedai

Rue gave him a flat look. “If they come too close, I’ll kill them.”

12 hours ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Ruined City of ???

@CalanoCorvus

“Malum again? Can’t you get rid of him?”

1 minute ago, Aes Sedai said:

Rue gave him a flat look. “If they come too close, I’ll kill them.”

“Malum again? Can’t you get rid of him?”

Ruined City of ???

He shrugged, "I suppose I could if I... nah, it'll be too risky."

18 hours ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

The Dreamscape

"Okay, then." Insa looked at the portal. "So should I just go or wait until you say or what?"

@The Wandering Wizard

The Dreamscape

Emma grinned at Insa, the Kaos flickering in her eyes.

"We go in together, sister!"

The army of skeletons lurches forward. Various skeletal animals are intermingled with humanoid shapes. A lone skeletal dragon breathes Kaotic breath above the horde.

"It is time."

The skeletons lurch through the portal, heading into the lobby of the clinic.

@InfiniteInsanity@CalanoCorvus@Shining Silhouette@Telrao@Shadowed@xinoehp512@That1Cellist

Edited by The Wandering Wizard