Insanity Clinic For The Moderately Brandofandonitis Afflicted

Medium

11 hours ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

"Of course." Lark waved a hand, and the world fuzzed around him, TAAron, and Corey

Calano's office

Lark appeared with TAAron and Corey. "Thaidakar, here's TAAron. What'd you want with him again? Please tell me you're not going to use him for an extremely critical part of the clinic's defense.

@Thaidakar the Ghostblood @Szeth's Facepalm

He turned to TAaron, "Calano said that I am in charge, but you would also lead. We're also to get a third person to help us lead the clinic. I'm thinking Nameless when he comes back or Lark. Another thing, what do you think of our situation here in the clinic?"

11 hours ago, Telrao said:

The Clinic: Calano's Office

Telrao studied him with a piercing feline gaze for a few moments, then sighed quietly. "I want to help. We have plenty of guards for that, Human. Do we need to shore up our defences? Infusions of light? Emergency shielding?" She studied her claws, then scratched a couple runes onto her small metal bracelet. They sparked for a moment, then faded to a soft glow.

"There are creatures out there that need to be destroyed. If we don't get rid of them, it won't matter whether people are in the lunch room or not. I'm requesting permission to gather a strike team and flush them out."

@Thaidakar the Ghostblood

"Granted."

9 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

X inhaled deeply, then exhaled.

"I want to help," he said, though his voice pitched slightly higher at the end. "But there's a lot going on- and I don't know anything-"

He took another deep breath, closing his eyes. Breathe.

"What's your name? How much do you know about fighting?"

5 hours ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Clinic: Hallway

Lerac sat right where he was for a long while. It that time, he cried more than he had in his entire life. He didn't really know what happened, only that he had lost the only person who had ever truly cared about him. The tears were hot and angry, flowing from frustration at his inability to do anything.

Suddenly, the heat was replaced by cold. An all-encompassing, terrible cold. It wasn't his own. He had known that cold a few times before. Once, when his healing had touched a dead man. And then, each time... Death.

Lerac leapt to his feet, spinning around, wiping away tears. No cloaked figure was to be found, yet still the feeling persisted. Finally, his eyes locked on something on the ground. A simple dagger, much like the ones he had trained with for years back in his homeland, lay on the ground. Its handle had a strange appearance of burnt metal, and the blade was a dull, metallic black. It was undoubtedly the source of the cold. Carefully, Lerac reached to pick it up.

As soon as his fingers brushed the handle, he felt a painful sting that sent a shock through his whole nervous system, along with another wave of cold. His arm recoiled almost involuntarily, and he shivered. What is this thing? He went for it a second time, swiftly picking it up. The sting came again, stronger, agonizing. He wanted to let go, but found he couldn't. The cold encroached on his mind, and a sense of energy filled him. It wasn't dark or light, or even orderly or chaotic. It was merely forceful, compelling. He felt it running beneath his skin, and through his core. It made his eyes burn with a terrifying light. It touched his mind, and he knew it, though he could not explain what it was. It was Death, but it did not seek to kill. It was entropy with respect to order.

Then, Lerac screamed. He released his anger, his frustration, his regret. He released the energy, and the hallway around him caught fire with the same eerie light, though it did not burn, not if he didn't want it to. The scream echoed through the Clinic, agonized and unearthly. Only a few people would hear it, those who had a connection to enough power.

Then, he stopped, breathing heavily, still holding tightly to the dagger. He stood there in the blaze, waiting. Waiting...

@Ranryu @InfiniteInsanity @CalanoCorvus @The Wandering Wizard @Thaidakar the Ghostblood

Thaidakar turned, cursing, "what the..." he looked at Lark, "can you go see what that was?"

Just now, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

He turned to TAaron, "Calano said that I am in charge, but you would also lead. We're also to get a third person to help us lead the clinic. I'm thinking Nameless when he comes back or Lark. Another thing, what do you think of our situation here in the clinic?"

TAAron looked a bit surprised. "I... I'm not sure. I haven't been completely informed on what's happening yet. I know that there's Kaos, I know that people are getting corrupted. But what exactly does that mean? And what's with all the skeletons?"

2 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Thaidakar turned, cursing, "what the..." he looked at Lark, "can you go see what that was?"

"What? What happened?"

5 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

TAAron looked a bit surprised. "I... I'm not sure. I haven't been completely informed on what's happening yet. I know that there's Kaos, I know that people are getting corrupted. But what exactly does that mean? And what's with all the skeletons?"

"I don't rightly know myself. But here is what I do know," Thaidakar adjusted his glasses as he paced around the room, "Calano killed Emma. We have to hold long enough here in the clinic for Calano, Bookwyrm, Nameless, Rue and the others to return. We must hold what parts of the clinic we have. TAaron, Calano mentioned you specifically. I trust Calano. Can I trust you to do what you can for the Clinic?" His eyes glowed softly red, almost unnoticeable. "I know that I will."

5 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"What? What happened?"

"There was... a scream of sorts."

19 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Shark eventually came upon Lerac, standing in his blaze of strange, greyish fire, eyes glowing with the same light. The fire, oddly, seemed to give off waves of cold.

"Is you okay?" Shark asked. He was seriously getting a bad feeling about this. Wynn was very clearly not okay, and neither was Lerac, judging by the frigid sort of vibrations he was getting from him. Pangolin-esque scales rippled and shifted through his rabbit fur, forming and dispersing in pulses. "Where is Wynn going? Is she okay? Is there trouble? Can I help?" Shark's voice was subdued and worried, as opposed to his typical upbeat manner. He missed Haly. And now Wynn was gone too-unless Shark could do something quickly. "Let's find her." He said to Lerac.

1 minute ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

"I don't rightly know myself. But here is what I do know," Thaidakar adjusted his glasses as he paced around the room, "Calano killed Emma. We have to hold long enough here in the clinic for Calano, Bookwyrm, Nameless, Rue and the others to return. We must hold what parts of the clinic we have. TAaron, Calano mentioned you specifically. I trust Calano. Can I trust you to do what you can for the Clinic?" His eyes glowed softly red, almost unnoticeable. "I know that I will."

"There was... a scream of sorts."

"Of course I will. I have nothing to lose, anyway. You said a scream? I didn't hear anything."

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Of course I will. I have nothing to lose, anyway. You said a scream? I didn't hear anything."

"Good." Thaidakar sighed. "The scream... it might have been tuned so only specific people could hear it." Thaidakar ran a hand through his dark hair, "by the storms, I can't wait till this whole affair is done..."

2 minutes ago, That1Cellist said:

"Is you okay?" Shark asked. He was seriously getting a bad feeling about this. Wynn was very clearly not okay, and neither was Lerac, judging by the frigid sort of vibrations he was getting from him. Pangolin-esque scales rippled and shifted through his rabbit fur, forming and dispersing in pulses. "Where is Wynn going? Is she okay? Is there trouble? Can I help?" Shark's voice was subdued and worried, as opposed to his typical upbeat manner. He missed Haly. And now Wynn was gone too-unless Shark could do something quickly. "Let's find her." He said to Lerac.

"She's gone." The fire was gone in an instant, but the cold remained and Lerac's eyes still burned. "Corrupted. I might have been able to stop it... But it's too late now to save her."

1 minute ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

"Good." Thaidakar sighed. "The scream... it might have been tuned so only specific people could hear it." Thaidakar ran a hand through his dark hair, "by the storms, I can't wait till this whole affair is done..."

"Do you know who it was?"

8 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"She's gone." The fire was gone in an instant, but the cold remained and Lerac's eyes still burned. "Corrupted. I might have been able to stop it... But it's too late now to save her."

Shark was alone. Again. He didn't know when this had happened to him before, but he did know that this feeling was familiar to him. This feeling of emptiness and nothingness. Wynn and Haly were gone. He didn't know where Haly was, and now Wynn was corrupted. Shark had to be strong. He'd gotten this far after all, had he not? He would do something to make it better.

"What do we do?" Shark asked Lerac. "What can we do?" He took a step towards chill, burning eyes.

Edited by That1Cellist

Just now, That1Cellist said:

Shark was alone. Again. He didn't know when this had happened to him before, but he did know that this feeling was familiar to him. This feeling of emptiness and nothingness. Wynn and Haly were gone. He didn't know where Haly was, and now Wynn was corrupted. Shark had to be strong. He'd gotten this far after all. He would do something to make it better.

"What do we do?" Shark asked Lerac. "What can we do?" Shark took a step towards the cold flames and burning eyes.

The flames are gone now.

"I don't know. But Death gave me this." Lerac held up the strange dagger. "I'm sure we could try to help the Clinic. Maybe defeat... whatever this thing is we're fighting."

1 minute ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"I don't know. But Death gave me this." Lerac held up the strange dagger. "I'm sure we could try to help the Clinic. Maybe defeat... whatever this thing is we're fighting."

"Oooh a stabby thing!" Shark said, attempting to be positive. If he let himself feel everything right now he would collapse. "Yes, let's go help beat the badguys!"

Then, letting some of the pain show, "Where is Haly?" He asked.

Okay, it's fixed

"Oooh a stabby thing!" Shark said, attempting to be positive. If he let himself feel everything right now he would collapse. "Yes, let's go help beat the badguys!"

Then, letting some of the pain show, "Where is Haly?" He asked.

"She got taken almost as soon as we got here. She might still be alive, though we can't know for sure either way."

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"She got taken almost as soon as we got here. She might still be alive, though we can't know for sure either way."

"Ah yes. It seems... It seems I have failed. And now Wynn is gone too." Shark shone with silver scales for a moment, claws reflecting the fire of Lerac's eyes. Then he was very small. Simply a tired rabbit. "Please, please, let me help you. I want to find them. I want to make it better. Can... can we do something for Wynn maybe? After... after we go help the others?" Shark's voice was tiny and weak.

"Ah yes. It seems... It seems I have failed. And now Wynn is gone too." Shark shone with silver scales for a moment, claws reflecting the fire of Lerac's eyes. Then he was very small. Simply a tired rabbit. "Please, please, let me help you. I want to find them. I want to make it better. Can... can we do something for Wynn maybe? After... after we go help the others?" Shark's voice was tiny and weak.

"Of course you can help. But I don't know about Wynn. She said that Death could explain. And she told me that I should kill her." Realization struck him, and he looked down at the dagger in his hand. "Oh."

1 minute ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Of course you can help. But I don't know about Wynn. She said that Death could explain. And she told me that I should kill her." Realization struck him, and he looked down at the dagger in his hand. "Oh."

Shark, for obvious reasons, did not particularly like the idea of Lerac killing Wynn. He was suspicious of Lerac anyway. This guy was kinda weird sometimes. "What happened to her? Why does she want you to kill her?"

Shark, for obvious reasons, did not particularly like the idea of Lerac killing Wynn. He was suspicious of Lerac anyway. This guy was kinda weird sometimes. "What happened to her? Why does she want you to kill her?"

"She seems to think that it's inevitable that she'll die, or be killed. But she wants me to be the one to do it... because she loves me."

3 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"She seems to think that it's inevitable that she'll die, or be killed. But she wants me to be the one to do it... because she loves me."

Shark realized he had been misjudging Lerac. The guy wasn't weird, he was just in love. Or, well, he was weird, but it was because of love. "Love does strange things to people" he thought. "This is an odd situation."

Then, to Lerac, he said, "Why is she going to die? Why did she run away, and are you going to kill her?"

Edited by That1Cellist

10 minutes ago, That1Cellist said:

Shark realized he had been misjudging Lerac. The guy wasn't weird, he was just in love. Or, well, he was weird, but it was because of love. "Love does strange things to people" he thought. "This is an odd situation."

Then, to Lerac, he said, "Why is she going to die? Why did she run away, and are you going to kill her?"

No, he is pretty much just weird.

"Well, I imagine she thinks she'll die because she's corrupted. And no, I don't plan on killing her. But it worries me that all Death did to 'explain' was give me a weapon."

Edited by The Aspiring Archivist

50 minutes ago, Aes Sedai said:

The Second Archive

“You really are insane, aren’t you?” Rue murmured in awe, prodding the book with a thread of Spirit. “This could be interesting to study. What does the weave look like?”

"It looks like a weave. Exactly like one. If I didn't know better, I'd swear it was real." Namelesss frowned channeling his own thread of spirit. He gasped suddenly, understanding coming to his eyes. "Light, it is real! How did they do something like this?"

Calano's Office

Lark started scribbling on his clipboard angrily, muttering to himself. "You're putting TAAron in charge? I haven't even had time to get a rudimentary evaluation! Storms, this is a mess."

@Thaidakar the Ghostblood @The Aspiring Archivist

Just now, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

"It looks like a weave. Exactly like one. If I didn't know better, I'd swear it was real." Nameless frowned channeling his own thread of spirit. He gasped suddenly, understanding coming to his eyes. "Light, it is real! How did they do something like this?"

Calano's Office

Lark started scribbling on his clipboard angrily, muttering to himself. "You're putting TAAron in charge? I haven't even had time to get a rudimentary evaluation! Storms, this is a mess."

@Thaidakar the Ghostblood @The Aspiring Archivist

"I don't know why he did. What kind of evaluation are you talking about, anyway?"

Did you see that Thaidakar asked Lark to check on the source of the scream earlier?

Just now, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

"It looks like a weave. Exactly like one. If I didn't know better, I'd swear it was real." Namelesss frowned channeling his own thread of spirit. He gasped suddenly, understanding coming to his eyes. "Light, it is real! How did they do something like this?"

The Second Archive

"Interesting..." Rue murmured. "If you aren't imagining things, it must be saidin."

8 hours ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Lerac sat right where he was for a long while. It that time, he cried more than he had in his entire life. He didn't really know what happened, only that he had lost the only person who had ever truly cared about him. The tears were hot and angry, flowing from frustration at his inability to do anything.

Suddenly, the heat was replaced by cold. An all-encompassing, terrible cold. It wasn't his own. He had known that cold a few times before. Once, when his healing had touched a dead man. And then, each time... Death.

Lerac leapt to his feet, spinning around, wiping away tears. No cloaked figure was to be found, yet still the feeling persisted. Finally, his eyes locked on something on the ground. A simple dagger, much like the ones he had trained with for years back in his homeland, lay on the ground. Its handle had a strange appearance of burnt metal, and the blade was a dull, metallic black. It was undoubtedly the source of the cold. Carefully, Lerac reached to pick it up.

As soon as his fingers brushed the handle, he felt a painful sting that sent a shock through his whole nervous system, along with another wave of cold. His arm recoiled almost involuntarily, and he shivered. What is this thing? He went for it a second time, swiftly picking it up. The sting came again, stronger, agonizing. He wanted to let go, but found he couldn't. The cold encroached on his mind, and a sense of energy filled him. It wasn't dark or light, or even orderly or chaotic. It was merely forceful, compelling. He felt it running beneath his skin, and through his core. It made his eyes burn with a terrifying light. It touched his mind, and he knew it, though he could not explain what it was. It was Death, but it did not seek to kill. It was entropy with respect to order.

Then, Lerac screamed. He released his anger, his frustration, his regret. He released the energy, and the hallway around him caught fire with the same eerie light, though it did not burn, not if he didn't want it to. The scream echoed through the Clinic, agonized and unearthly. Only a few people would hear it, those who had a connection to enough power.

Then, he stopped, breathing heavily, still holding tightly to the dagger. He stood there in the blaze, waiting. Waiting...

@Ranryu @InfiniteInsanity @CalanoCorvus @The Wandering Wizard @Thaidakar the Ghostblood

Wynn paused her flight for a split second. Was that... a scream? Lerac... She couldn't go back now. No matter what happened to him, all returning would do was cause more harm to him.