Insanity Clinic For The Moderately Brandofandonitis Afflicted

Medium

Just now, Ranryu said:

Wynn paused her flight for a split second. Was that... a scream? Lerac... She couldn't go back now. No matter what happened to him, all returning would do was cause more harm to him.

The flower in Wynn's hair died.

---

Lerac waited for a moment, pondering. He tried to concentrate, and found that he could sense... something. "Shark, I need to go. You can come with me, but you'll have to keep up."

And with that, he took off, feet propelled by the strange energy, towards Wynn. He didn't know what he'd do when he found her, but he couldn't get himself to stop.

4 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

The flower in Wynn's hair died.

---

Lerac waited for a moment, pondering. He tried to concentrate, and found that he could sense... something. "Shark, I need to go. You can come with me, but you'll have to keep up."

And with that, he took off, feet propelled by the strange energy, towards Wynn. He didn't know what he'd do when he found her, but he couldn't get himself to stop.

She noticed the flower in passing, brain not registering what that meant. 

Three things. Free the prisoner, kill the king, destroy the castle. Kill the king, free the prisoner, destroy the castle.

9 hours ago, Shadowed said:

Matra, who stood behind X, stepped forward. “Me too,” she said quietly. “I need to do something. This standing around, letting the important people do the work, is killing me. How can I help?”

She sighed. “I know I’m basically redundant in this mess of gods and magic, and I know there won’t be any translations or messages to decipher, but at least let me try.”

X shot Matra a grateful glance.

1 minute ago, Ranryu said:

Three things. Free the prisoner, kill the king, destroy the castle. Kill the king, free the prisoner, destroy the castle.

Lerac kept running. As he approached, Wynn began to feel Death's cold. The flower fell from her ear, completely withered and dry.

1 hour ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Do you think we should find out?"

"Probably."

26 minutes ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

Calano's Office

Lark started scribbling on his clipboard angrily, muttering to himself. "You're putting TAAron in charge? I haven't even had time to get a rudimentary evaluation! Storms, this is a mess."

@Thaidakar the Ghostblood @The Aspiring Archivist

"No, I'm not putting TAAron in charge. Calano did along with me. If Calano thinks TAAron should be in charge too, then he's in charge too." Thaidakar moved his watch down on his wrist. "While the cat is making a strike force to defeat the skeletons, Lark and Matra, I want you two to organize the people we have in the clinic and see how much fighting ability they have. Those who don't have much, take them to the most secure parts of the Clinic we have control of. The ones who can fight, organize them in strategic ranks around the lower floors we have. TAAron, I want you to council with me about our next moves, after that we'll see. You, other person," Thaidakar looked at X, "Can you help Lark and Matra?Everyone know what they have to do?"

@Shadowed @xinoehp512

1 minute ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

"Probably."

"No, I'm not putting TAAron in charge. Calano did along with me. If Calano thinks TAAron should be in charge too, then he's in charge too." Thaidakar moved his watch down on his wrist. "While the cat is making a strike force to defeat the skeletons, Lark and Matra, I want you two to organize the people we have in the clinic and see how much fighting ability they have. Those who don't have much, take them to the most secure parts of the Clinic we have control of. The ones who can fight, organize them in strategic ranks around the lower floors we have. TAAron, I want you to council with me about our next moves, after that we'll see. You, other person," Thaidakar looked at X, "Can you help Lark and Matra?Everyone know what they have to do?"

@Shadowed @xinoehp512

TAAron nodded. "Are you sure he gave no reason for why he chose me?"

35 minutes ago, Aes Sedai said:

The Second Archive

"Interesting..." Rue murmured. "If you aren't imagining things, it must be saidin."

The Second Archive

"Yeah. That would explain why you can't see it. There's probably books somehow inscribed with saidar as well, in different sections." Nameless examined other books on the shelf. "We still need a way to find what we need. Maybe we should search for defenses? They'd have the really useful knowledge better guarded, wouldn't they?"

31 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"I don't know why he did. What kind of evaluation are you talking about, anyway?"

"I'm a doctor at an insanity clinic, storm it! What kind of storming evaluation do you think I'm rusting talking about? You're a patient! Not a soldier!" Lark shot Thaidakar a glare before disappearing in an angry flash.

Lark appears in front of Lerac, expression still angry. "You there. You're with TAAron's group, yes?" He frowned, noticing Lerac's state of distress. "What's the matter? Are you alright?"

@Thaidakar the Ghostblood

3 hours ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Island on a Distant World

Bookwyrm nodded. "It really is."

They landed at the perimeter of the camp, and the two soldiers standing guard let them in immediately. Not a second after they entered, and Revli ran up to them.

"Something's happening," she said. "The Prison dimension is weakening considerably by strides. Skeletal armies are assaulting some vital worlds, and the agents of Kaos we're used to fighting have gotten more powerful. What's happening?"

"Kaos is close to escaping, yes," Bookwyrm said. "A coordinated attack that was run by it's most powerful Corrupted. We need to get to the Origin."

Revil nodded, which surprised Bookwyrm. 

"Whatever you need," she said. She pulled out a small device, like a phone, and tapped it a few times. A mental coordinate appeared in Bookwyrm's mind.

"The Origin is in this universe, about 9.8 billion light years from where we are now. The coordinates you just received will lead you right to it."

Bookwyrm nodded his thanks. "Anything else we can help with?"

"Just do what needs to be done. We can defend our own."

Bookwyrm opened another Wyrmhole, one leading towards the Origin.

@Being of Cacophony

sorry it took so long, school can be a pain.

"Well, this'll be interesting. Is there anything guarding it, commander?" Platypus asks, preparing to step through the Wyrmhole.

Just now, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

"I'm a doctor at an insanity clinic, storm it! What kind of storming evaluation do you think I'm rusting talking about? You're a patient! Not a soldier!" Lark shot Thaidakar a glare before disappearing in an angry flash.

Lark appears in front of Lerac, expression still angry. "You there. You're with TAAron's group, yes?" He frowned, noticing Lerac's state of distress. "What's the matter? Are you alright?"

Lerac stopped short from his run. His eyes were alight with greyish fire, dagger clutched in his hand. "I'm fine. I need to get to Wynn." He went around Lark and began running again.

If Lark can tell, the blade doesn't look all that impressive but has an insane amount of power in it. It's not technically Invested, but if you were to use that as a comparison it would be significantly more energy dense than Nightblood.

7 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

TAAron nodded. "Are you sure he gave no reason for why he chose me?"

The Clinic: Calano's Office

"He didn't give a reason, really... I don't know. But we'll do this. Somehow." Thaidakar nodded.

2 minutes ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

Thaidakar chuckled as Lark disappeared. "Lark is quite an interesting fellow, wouldn't you say, TAAron?"

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Lerac stopped short from his run. His eyes were alight with greyish fire, dagger clutched in his hand. "I'm fine. I need to get to Wynn." He went around Lark and began running again.

Lark grabbed Lerac's shoulder. "No, you don't. We're regrouping. You can get to Wynn later."

4 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

3 minutes ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

Lark grabbed Lerac's shoulder. "No, you don't. We're regrouping. You can get to Wynn later."

Shark followed up behind Lerac. Hoping that somehow this would be okay. He watched Lerac and this new person. "Please" He thought as black and white fur bled to silver scales. "You! New guy! Why won't you let us get to Wynn?"

Edited by That1Cellist

2 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

The Clinic: Calano's Office

"He didn't give a reason, really... I don't know. But we'll do this. Somehow." Thaidakar nodded.

Thaidakar chuckled as Lark disappeared. "Lark is quite an interesting fellow, wouldn't you say, TAAron?"

"Er... I guess so. We'll plan now?"

1 minute ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

Lark was flooded with a deathly cold, and the hand that touched Lerac's shoulder lit up with a stinging pain. Lerac shrugged him off, propelled by a powerful energy.

Just now, That1Cellist said:

Shark followed up behind Lerac. Hoping that somehow this would be okay. He watched the flower fall from Wynn's ear. He watched Lerac and this new person. "Please" He thought as black and white fur bled to silver scales. "You! New guy! Why won't you let us get to Wynn?"

They haven't actually reached Wynn yet.

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Er... I guess so. We'll plan now?"

Lark was flooded with a deathly cold, and the hand that touched Lerac's shoulder lit up with a stinging pain. Lerac shrugged him off, propelled by a powerful energy.

Shark sniffed at Lark, then ran after Lerac. He would help, he would do something. "I'm coming with you!" he said.

Okay, I fixed it.

10 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

"Well, this'll be interesting. Is there anything guarding it, commander?" Platypus asks, preparing to step through the Wyrmhole.

Revli shook her head. "You'll have full access, from where that portal leads."

Just now, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

Clinic: Hallways

Lark snapped his fingers, shifting the walls to block Lerac's path. "Stop. Why do you need to reach Wynn? What is so important about it?"

@The Aspiring Archivist

Shark was annoyed by this disruption. "Mr. Guy! You are bad! You are stopping us from saving Wynn! Why are you doing this?"

2 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Thaidakar shrugged, "I suppose. I hadn't really gotten this far... So, what resources do you suppose we have?"

"I can't be sure. Lerac is a healer, and Wynn is pretty powerful, but I don't know what's happening to either of them right now. And we have whatever other abilities the people here have."

2 minutes ago, That1Cellist said:

Shark sniffed at Lark, then ran after Lerac. He would help, he would do something. "I'm coming with you!" he said.

Clinic: Hallways

Lark snapped his fingers, shifting the walls to block Lerac's path. "Stop. Why do you need to reach Wynn? What is so important about it?"

@The Aspiring Archivist

"I can't lose her. I can't let go." Lerac hit the wall, then after a brief pause, phased through, leaving a ghostly afterimage.

1 minute ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"I can't be sure. Lerac is a healer, and Wynn is pretty powerful, but I don't know what's happening to either of them right now. And we have whatever other abilities the people here have."

"I can't lose her. I can't let go." Lerac hit the wall, then after a brief pause, phased through, leaving a ghostly afterimage.

Unfortunately for him, Shark did not have wall phasing powers. He was stuck with Lark. Shark was wary, and prepared to defend himself. "Who are you, and what do you want?"

Edited by That1Cellist

4 minutes ago, That1Cellist said:

Unfortunately for him, Shark did not have wall phasing powers. He was stuck with Lark. Rabbit was wary, and prepared to defend himself. "Who are you, and what do you want?"

Lark glared at him. "I'm a doctor here. My name's Lark, and I want to help you. However, I'm afraid I can't do that if your friend insists on getting himself killed. He's heading right for the area of the clinic where Kaos's forces are most concentrated! No matter how powerful that dagger is, he can't fight through them all on his own. Not if he expects to live aftewards." Lark moved the wall out of the way and dashed after Lerac, pulling a quill from his pocket.

@The Aspiring Archivist

Edited by UnfortunatelyNamed

2 minutes ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

Lark glared at him. "I'm a doctor here. My name's Lark, and I want to help you. However, I'm afraid I can't do that if your friend insists on getting himself killed. He's heading right for the area of the clinic where Kaos's forces are most concentrated! No matter how powerful that dagger is, he can't fight through them all on his own. Not if he expects to live aftewards." Lark moved the wall out of the way and dashed after Lerac, pulling a quill from his pocket.

@The Aspiring Archivist

Shark agreed with Lark. If Wynn was going to die, he would really rather that Lerac not die also. He ran after Lark. "Stop! Stop, Lerac! There must be something else we can do! Please, don't leave me."

Edited by That1Cellist

21 minutes ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

The Second Archive

"Yeah. That would explain why you can't see it. There's probably books somehow inscribed with saidar as well, in different sections." Nameless examined other books on the shelf. "We still need a way to find what we need. Maybe we should search for defenses? They'd have the really useful knowledge better guarded, wouldn't they?"

The second Archive

“Makes sense,” Rue agreed. “Do you want to blindly blunder around, hoping you’ll fall into traps? If so, I won’t complain.”

@The Aspiring Archivist

Lerac sped up, whole body starting to glow with the same fiery energy. Seeing Lark behind him, he suddenly released a puff of gray-orange flame, blocking the hallway. Just like the others, it wasn't hot, but unlike the others, it would burn.

1 minute ago, That1Cellist said:

Shark agreed with Lark. If Wynn was going to die, he would really rather that Lerac not die also. He ran after Lark. "Stop! Stop, Lerac! There must be something else we can do! Please, don't leave me."

"I'm sorry, I have to," he called. "I'll come back!"

37 minutes ago, Ranryu said:

Come to me my child. Come up to the surface.

A vision of Insa and the pillar appeared in her mind. Mental directions to the top appeared in her mind.

The Voice called again.

Come to me and help defend my child while she completes my work.

@Ranryu

On 2/4/2023 at 8:32 PM, InfiniteInsanity said:

The Clinic: Roof

I'm kind of sad that they didn't send me here. But also I love my other family. How long is this gonna take?

@The Wandering Wizard

The Clinic: Roof

Yeah, who knows how much trouble, I mean fun we could have gotten into. I can feel the corruption in the pillar. It's almost there.

@InfiniteInsanity

Calano, the pillar is almost fully corrupted. So the clinic is going to be coming down soon :ph34r:

@CalanoCorvus