Insanity Clinic For The Moderately Brandofandonitis Afflicted

Medium

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Justitia is exaggerating. I know you haven’t seen the show, but she’s Konshu inspired. Grandstanding. So focused on a single goal (justice) at all costs. Very morally grey.

5 minutes ago, Ranryu said:

“Regardless of why she came to me, she is mine now. And you, being so high and mighty. I seem to recall you having avatars aplenty a few years back. Justice is always good. Better than eternal death, at least.”

"Please. I have never had avatars aplenty. I recall six over the course of all time. You are obsessed with your own power and ideals, and give no heed to the lives of those you consider beneath you. Sister, I have witnessed souls of trillions. Their minds are like ours, but confined. You ought to have more respect."

13 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Please. I have never had avatars aplenty. I recall six over the course of all time. You are obsessed with your own power and ideals, and give no heed to the lives of those you consider beneath you. Sister, I have witnessed souls of trillions. Their minds are like ours, but confined. You ought to have more respect."

This made Justitia scowl. “You forget yourself, brother. While you are busy ‘respecting’ the souls that pass, my hunt and I are always at work, protecting the living and keeping our own kind from abusing their power over lesser beings. The removal of Malum was vital to the continuation of life— I am vital to the continuation of life.”

Just now, Ranryu said:

This made Justitia scowl. “You forget yourself, brother. While you are busy ‘respecting’ the souls that pass, my hunt and I are always at work, protecting the living and keeping our own kind from abusing their power over lesser beings. The removal of Malum was vital to the continuation of life— I am vital to the continuation of life.”

"Malum was never a major threat. What of Kaos? You do not protect, you are self righteous. You say you protect against the abuse of power, but you enforce your own idea of justice onto anything and everything. I argue this with you each time we meet, but you do not listen!"

3 hours ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

The Clinic: Roof

There is help coming. Wynn is and so are the metal Kaos tigers. And I can always come if I'm needed. I've learned quite a few tricks from the Kaos. She really is a amazing teacher. Just a fair warning I will have temporarily transformed into a demonic humanoid spider in full Kaos armor. This will throw anyone off who knew me before and terrify them that the Kaos has a lot more in store for them. Which she does, more than they can even imagine.

A pulse rang out from the pillar, made of Kaos, blasted through out the entire clinic.

Snarling growls sounded out and Kaos tigers burst from the floor, surrounding and protecting Insa.

@Ranryu @InfiniteInsanity @The Aspiring Archivist @That1Cellist @UnfortunatelyNamed @xinoehp512 @Telrao @Shadowed

The Clinic: A hallway

Telrao jumped as the power of Kaos blasted through the clinic. She crumpled and groaned for a couple seconds, before standing. She turned to her small team of five humans.

"The pillar is being corrupted. We have to go. Now. Follow me!" She reached out with her senses and barrelled down the hallway, her soldiers following behind. They shot beams of Aon Daa at the weaker skeletons they passed, and Telrao carefully lead them around the Kaos Tigers that stalked almost every corridor.

They burst out onto the roof, guns ready, crouching behind the nearest cover. The Captain, Lyna, shuddered. "Telrao... there are too many of them."

Telrao studied the tigers pacing around Insa, and she growled softly. "Yes, Lyna. There are." She turned and spotted X and Matra hiding. "Go protect those two." She said, pointing with a small paw. "I'm going in."

"Telrao, don't!" Leyna hissed, kneeling beside the small feline. "You... you'll die!"

Telrao purred softly. "We'll all die if we don't stop that pillar from being corrupted. From here, Kaos has access to all worlds and realms." Her tail swished and her ears flicked back and forth. "We need to protect the Clinic. Whatever the cost."

Lyna saluted. "Whatever the cost. Ordur be with you." Telrao nodded and began drawing on the ground. "And with you, friend."

Lyna waved her hand and her the other four of her squad followed. She crouched down beside X and Matra. "Any way we can help?"
@Shadowed @xinoehp512

"Malum was never a major threat. What of Kaos? You do not protect, you are self righteous. You say you protect against the abuse of power, but you enforce your own idea of justice onto anything and everything. I argue this with you each time we meet, but you do not listen!"

“And that’s why you and our siblings have banished me— blinded me. You feared my power. My avatar will be an agent of order and protection.”

1 minute ago, Ranryu said:

“And that’s why you and our siblings have banished me— blinded me. You feared my power. My avatar will be an agent of order and protection.”

"I do not fear you, sister. Not in the slightest. Your avatar will be powerful, but I don't think you truly have her allegiance. Your thoughtless administration of 'justice' will not serve you, in the end."

1 minute ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"I do not fear you, sister. Not in the slightest. Your avatar will be powerful, but I don't think you truly have her allegiance. Your thoughtless administration of 'justice' will not serve you, in the end."

That made her laugh. “You are Death. There is only one I know of that you fear, and I would not presume to be on her level. The other gods, however, fear me for my willingness to intervene with mortal affairs. Perhaps I grant my avatars a bit too much power, aye? And Wynn is mine to shape, soul and body. She offered herself willingly.”

That made her laugh. “You are Death. There is only one I know of that you fear, and I would not presume to be on her level. The other gods, however, fear me for my willingness to intervene with mortal affairs. Perhaps I grant my avatars a bit too much power, aye? And Wynn is mine to shape, soul and body. She offered herself willingly.”

Who is the one that she knows of who he fears?

"And what of her mind? An avatar cannot, by definition, become wholly apart from themself. They merely take on the intent and influence of their patron."

"And what of her mind? An avatar cannot, by definition, become wholly apart from themself. They merely take on the intent and influence of their patron."

I dunno. The opposite of Death, I guess. That’d be Life, probably. Whoever it is, they could make a fun villain for season 2

“She will serve me willingly. To do otherwise would undo our oath and condemn her to an undead existence.”

2 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"And what justice do you plan to impose on the worlds with your avatar?"

Justitia sighed. “Too many gods abuse their power. Enslave entire races— eradicate them even. My aim is to prevent that from happening again. The council has given me clearance to do this—something you’d know if you weren’t so preoccupied with your little Underworld.”

Justitia sighed. “Too many gods abuse their power. Enslave entire races— eradicate them even. My aim is to prevent that from happening again. The council has given me clearance to do this—something you’d know if you weren’t so preoccupied with your little Underworld.”

"What, specifically, is your plan?"

"What, specifically, is your plan?"

“My avatar will go through the multiverse, bringing any higher class being that has broken the council’s law in to be judged. She will work in coordination with my Wild Hunt, but will be afforded more individual freedoms than they are.”

3 hours ago, Aes Sedai said:

The Second Archive

“Sure,” Rue said as he left. She began wandering around, looking for books that she could actually read.

The Second Archive

Nameless stepped out of a gateway, annoyed to see yet more endless bookshelves before him. Rue was miles away from him at this point, going by the bond. He glanced at the bookshelves, scanning them for information to no avail. The shelves in this corridor were filled with books that appeared blank to his eyes. This section must be on saidar. He continued on his way.

A few gateways later, Nameless came to a section that he could read again. Some of the books, at least. It appeared that a little more than half of the books had writing on them. As he examined one of them more closely, he realized that the text was unintelligible. Confused, he scanned the bookshelf, eyes falling on a book with a readable title. 

Nameless felt a chill as he read the title of the book. On the Creation and Modification of GholamHe glanced at another book, then another, eyes widening in horror. The Efficacy of Compulsion on Deities. Research on the destruction of the Dark One's prison. Nameless walked down the corridor slowly, shaking his head. "Light, if these books are left undefended, what more do they have?"

Suddenly, Nameless felt the air around him solidify as he was lifted into the air. Oh. Guess it was defended. Reaching for saidin Nameless attempted to cut whatever was holding him with weaves of spirit, to no avail. Frustrated, he sent a sense of helplessness Rue, hoping she'd get the message.

“My avatar will go through the multiverse, bringing any higher class being that has broken the council’s law in to be judged. She will work in coordination with my Wild Hunt, but will be afforded more individual freedoms than they are.”

"On principle, I agree with your intentions, though given your record of moral grayness I worry that you will not be quite so altruistic in your methods. The affairs of mortals are not a game for you to play, Justitia. Neither Wynn nor your Hunt are your toys."

2 minutes ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

The Second Archive

Nameless stepped out of a gateway, annoyed to see yet more endless bookshelves before him. Rue was miles away from him at this point, going by the bond. He glanced at the bookshelves, scanning them for information to no avail. The shelves in this corridor were filled with books that appeared blank to his eyes. This section must be on saidar. He continued on his way.

A few gateways later, Nameless came to a section that he could read again. Some of the books, at least. It appeared that a little more than half of the books had writing on them. As he examined one of them more closely, he realized that the text was unintelligible. Confused, he scanned the bookshelf, eyes falling on a book with a readable title. 

Nameless felt a chill as he read the title of the book. On the Creation and Modification of GholamHe glanced at another book, then another, eyes widening in horror. The Efficacy of Compulsion on Deities. Research on the destruction of the Dark One's prison. Nameless walked down the corridor slowly, shaking his head. "Light, if these books are left undefended, what more do they have?"

Suddenly, Nameless felt the air around him solidify as he was lifted into the air. Oh. Guess it was defended. Reaching for saidin Nameless attempted to cut whatever was holding him with weaves of spirit, to no avail. Frustrated, he sent a sense of helplessness Rue, hoping she'd get the message.

The Second Archive

Rue made her own gateway in the opposite direction, but before she could step through, she felt Nameless' helplessness through the bond. Screwed things up already? She thought, almost...well, ruefully. She formed a new gateway in his direction and stepped out. "I take it I was right; you found a trap and walked right into it."

9 minutes ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

The Clinic: Roof 

"Keep people from reaching me. I think that's supposed to be your main job at the moment."

Wynn laughed again, and Shadow whips appeared in her hands. “Okie dokie!”

5 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"On principle, I agree with your intentions, though given your record of moral grayness I worry that you will not be quite so altruistic in your methods. The affairs of mortals are not a game for you to play, Justitia. Neither Wynn nor your Hunt are your toys."

“Says the god who bends the souls of the dead to his whim. The majority of my Hunt are mindless zombies, rescued from irresponsible necromancers and repurposed for a better cause. The rest are Aos Si or other unlawfully condemned souls. I give them a chance to do what they’ve never been able to.”

Just now, Ranryu said:

Wynn laughed again, and Shadow whips appeared in her hands. “Okie dokie!”

“Says the god who bends the souls of the dead to his whim. The majority of my Hunt are mindless zombies, rescued from irresponsible necromancers and repurposed for a better cause. The rest are Aos Si or other unlawfully condemned souls. I give them a chance to do what they’ve never been able to.”

"I do not bend souls to my whim. I use the energy of souls that have decayed over millions of years when I am within my own domain. You give them a 'chance' to serve your interests, using truly living souls."

3 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"I do not bend souls to my whim. I use the energy of souls that have decayed over millions of years when I am within my own domain. You give them a 'chance' to serve your interests, using truly living souls."

“My only interest is keeping our siblings in line. I have been denied anything else.” She sounded bitter at this.

13 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Justitia got a little bit too close to a mortal, so the other gods killed him and removed a lot of her freedom. They didn’t want any more demigods with class six parents running around causing chaos.

Edited by Ranryu
Oops not a spoiler box