Insanity Clinic For The Moderately Brandofandonitis Afflicted

Medium

2 minutes ago, Ranryu said:
  Hide contents

Justitia got a little bit too close to a mortal, so the other gods killed him and removed a lot of her freedom. They didn’t want any more demigods with class six parents running around causing chaos.

Interesting.

You know, I might steal the idea of a Death character that is sympathetic to humans for my own writing. I don't think I've ever seen that type of thing.

"Well, I should have you know that I will likely have a seventh avatar soon. He might... assist your efforts in hunting these rouge entities." Death said the word assist with a tone that clearly meant monitor.

Island On A Distant World

Calano looked around at the surrounding landscape as Bookwyrm organized what was going to happen.

Then he felt it.

The Clinic. The Central Pillar, holding it up, keeping it pure.

It was... it was Corrupted. By Kaos. The feeling he'd felt earlier... that had been the corruption.

He put a hand to his chest, falling to his knees. His vision blurred, going dark at the edges. He couldn't breathe.

@The Bookwyrm

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

You know, I might steal the idea of a Death character that is sympathetic to humans for my own writing. I don't think I've ever seen that type of thing.

I know of a Death character who hunts down the souls of arrogant people. It was probably my favorite version of Death so far.

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Well, I should have you know that I will likely have a seventh avatar soon. He might... assist your efforts in hunting these rouge entities." Death said the word assist with a tone that clearly meant monitor.

Justitia smiled. “An avatar of Death and an avatar of Justice, working together? It’s poetic, in a way.” Her tone mocked his hypocritical nature.

2 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"You think me a hypocrite for using an avatar?"

“I simply appreciate your paradoxical nature. Your avatar must have a body and therefore will either be alive or undead, neither of which are your regular occupation.”

2 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Island On A Distant World

Calano looked around at the surrounding landscape as Bookwyrm organized what was going to happen.

Then he felt it.

The Clinic. The Central Pillar, holding it up, keeping it pure.

It was... it was Corrupted. By Kaos. The feeling he'd felt earlier... that had been the corruption.

He put a hand to his chest, falling to his knees. His vision blurred, going dark at the edges. He couldn't breathe.

@The Bookwyrm

Island on a Distant World

A vision of Allsight struck Bookwyrm. Darkness. A dimension falling. Bookwyrm turned just in time to see Calano collapse.

"Scud."

Bookwyrm ran over and picked Calano up. Briefly, the tendrils of darkness in his mind stirred, causing him to wince. 

The Prison is breaking.

Bookwyrm put Calano's arm around his shoulder and helped him get through the Wyrmhole.

Maybe the Light will help him. If not...

I don't know what I'm going to do.

The Origin Sea

Bookwyrm stepped onto an island in the midst of a gleaming white ocean.

There was no sky above; just a ceiling of stone, miles above. It was covered in a mass of greenery, a biological forest hanging from the ceiling of a cavern that took up half the planet. The island they were on was fairly small, but it too had green grass and a few trees.

What kind of an ecosystem does this Light support? The scientific part of Bookwyrm's mind stirred, interested. 

It must be huge if it takes up half the planet... Indeed, the horizon around them showed no sign of any wall or supporting pillar. The cavern was so huge that even clouds drifted between the surface and the ceiling.

He shoved the curious part of his mind away. No time for that now.

Bookwyrm slowly led Calano towards the shore of the island, then, hesitating briefly, stepped into the liquid Light, bringing Calano with him.

@The Wandering Wizard

I have no idea what's going on now, but I'm guessing we're nearing the end.

Or at least the beginning of the end.

Just now, Ranryu said:

“I simply appreciate your paradoxical nature. Your avatar must have a body and therefore will either be alive or undead, neither of which are your regular occupation.”

He laughed. "You have no idea how often I deal with the living. But that is besides the point. I will have you know that my avatar will have the ability to think for himself and choose whether he continues to pursue the mission. I am only using him in the first place because I know that he would chase after your mission anyway."

3 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Wynn is doing Kaos stuff, and her patron goddess is having a little chat with Death.

5 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

He laughed. "You have no idea how often I deal with the living. But that is besides the point. I will have you know that my avatar will have the ability to think for himself and choose whether he continues to pursue the mission. I am only using him in the first place because I know that he would chase after your mission anyway."

“It’s not an avatar if you don’t imbue them with a bit of your self.” Justitia said impatiently. “That sounds more like a servant. My avatar will be an extension of myself— completely in line with my will.”

1 minute ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

It is a conversation between two gods, not very plot related.

Leave me alone, I'm home sick and don't have much to do.

Sorry.

1 minute ago, Ranryu said:

Wynn is doing Kaos stuff, and her patron goddess is having a little chat with Death.

Oh yeah, patron deities. I have to do something with mine at some point.

2 minutes ago, Ranryu said:

“It’s not an avatar if you don’t imbue them with a bit of your self.” Justitia said impatiently. “That sounds more like a servant. My avatar will be an extension of myself— completely in line with my will.”

"Of course he will be imbued partly with myself. But that does not need to restrict his humanity. You are hypocritical in your absolute control of your subjects."

1 minute ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Ours aren’t really in line with the whole Kaos/creator thing. The personifications of Death and Justice. Kind of outside a corruptible sphere.

@The Aspiring Archivist

“She still has free will. It’s just my will, for the most part. Giving a lesser being my power without a method of control would definitely end in disaster.”

Edited by Ranryu

12 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Island on a Distant World

A vision of Allsight struck Bookwyrm. Darkness. A dimension falling. Bookwyrm turned just in time to see Calano collapse.

"Scud."

Bookwyrm ran over and picked Calano up. Briefly, the tendrils of darkness in his mind stirred, causing him to wince. 

The Prison is breaking.

Bookwyrm put Calano's arm around his shoulder and helped him get through the Wyrmhole.

Maybe the Light will help him. If not...

I don't know what I'm going to do.

The Origin Sea

Bookwyrm stepped onto an island in the midst of a gleaming white ocean.

There was no sky above; just a ceiling of stone, miles above. It was covered in a mass of greenery, a biological forest hanging from the ceiling of a cavern that took up half the planet. The island they were on was fairly small, but it too had green grass and a few trees.

What kind of an ecosystem does this Light support? The scientific part of Bookwyrm's mind stirred, interested. 

It must be huge if it takes up half the planet... Indeed, the horizon around them showed no sign of any wall or supporting pillar. The cavern was so huge that even clouds drifted between the surface and the ceiling.

He shoved the curious part of his mind away. No time for that now.

Bookwyrm slowly led Calano towards the shore of the island, then, hesitating briefly, stepped into the liquid Light, bringing Calano with him.

@The Wandering Wizard

The Origin Sea

Calano gasped for air, struggling to breathe as his mind was overpowered by the secondhand influence of Kaos corrupting his home.

He barely acknowledged the vast cavern around him, or the sea of white around him. He simply... suffered.

3 minutes ago, Ranryu said:

@The Aspiring Archivist

“She still has free will. It’s just my will, for the most part. Giving a lesser being my power without a method of control would definitely end in disaster.”

"You contradict yourself. You said she must follow your will entirely or be punished, yet she has free will? It is not free if it is yours. My methods would only end in disaster for you because you force them into the position."

Just now, CalanoCorvus said:

The Origin Sea

Calano gasped for air, struggling to breathe as his mind was overpowered by the secondhand influence of Kaos corrupting his home.

He barely acknowledged the vast cavern around him, or the sea of white around him. He simply... suffered.

The Origin Sea

No, Bookwyrm thought as Calano continued to deteriorate. No, no no NO!

He slumped to his knees, the liquid light sloshing softly around him.

What now?

What is there left for me to do?

I failed Insa. I failed Calano. I failed Emma.

I'm just an observer. A Worldseer.

I was never meant to take part in the story, was I? What did I do that changed anything, in the end?

The tendrils fueled his thoughts, growing stronger even amongst the Light. They were too deep rooted; affecting his mind and emotion. The purest part of his soul retreated, leaving his mind to the corruption.

To Kaos.

@The Wandering Wizard

Is Kaos actually going to break free soon?

The Origin Sea

Calano's hands dipped into the Sea of Light as Bookwyrm fell to his knees.

Light... so, so much Light. It purged the secondhand Kaos from his mind, clearing it. He looked up and around, seeing the vast sea clearly for the first time.

His hands flexed, and a small pool appeared around them, a cavity in the otherwise tame sea of endless Light.

It was reacting to his Alignment to the Light.

"Stars above..." He whispered, "And moons below... it's extraordinary."

@The Bookwyrm @The Wandering Wizard

4 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"You contradict yourself. You said she must follow your will entirely or be punished, yet she has free will? It is not free if it is yours. My methods would only end in disaster for you because you force them into the position."

“Breaking the oath isn’t punishment, it’s the natural consequence. I have no control over it at this point. She is autonomous. That’s what I need her to be.”

1 minute ago, CalanoCorvus said:

The Origin Sea

Light... so, so much Light. It purged the secondhand Kaos from his mind, clearing it. He looked up and around, seeing the vast sea clearly for the first time.

His hands flexed, and a small pool appeared around them, a cavity in the otherwise tame sea of endless Light.

I have a plan but I am eating dinner. Let me finish. But ther are five more bind points left. I like the number 7 :P

Just now, CalanoCorvus said:

The Origin Sea

The Origin Sea

Bookwyrm was only tangentially aware of the change. The tendrils withered in the power of the Light, but their roots in Bookwyrm's own mind gave them shelter. The Shadows of his own Light provided them refuge, and allowed them to grow.

He felt the will of something else slowly trying to take him over, overwrite his moral and thoughts.

Just now, Ranryu said:

“Breaking the oath isn’t punishment, it’s the natural consequence. I have no control over it at this point. She is autonomous. That’s what I need her to be.”

"You are turning her into another you that can do what you would, but be independent. You squander her humanity and any true free will she has. You should instead find an avatar who is already aligned with you intentions, and allow them to represent you."

4 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"You are turning her into another you that can do what you would, but be independent. You squander her humanity and any true free will she has. You should instead find an avatar who is already aligned with you intentions, and allow them to represent you."

“Not me exactly,” she protested. “One in Will but not mind. The perfect avatar. You forget, she was never human. And this was her desire. It’s a step up from wasting away in the Hunt.”

Just now, Ranryu said:

“Not me exactly,” she protested. “One in Will but not mind. The perfect avatar. You forget, she was never human. And this was her desire. It’s a step up from wasting away in the Hunt.”

"We will see. But first, it appears that my avatar-to-be will have to kill yours."