Insanity Clinic For The Moderately Brandofandonitis Afflicted

Medium

38 minutes ago, Aes Sedai said:

The Second Archive

"I make no promises," Rue muttered. The balefire formed near his feet.

the Second Archive
Nameless flinches as the balefire passes under him, then suddenly finds himself facedown on the ground, a sharp pain in his ankle.  He stood slowly, groaning. “Thanks.”

Edited by UnfortunatelyNamed

3 minutes ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

the Second Archive
Nameless flinches as the balefire passes under him, destroying whatever magic was holding him in the air. He landed on his feet, stumbling slightly. “Thanks.”

Wouldn't he have fallen down in the past? :think:

5 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Clinic: Roof

Lerac turned to look at the tigers and the corrupted. He saw Wynn, locked eyes with her, and began advancing towards them, dagger gripped tightly, not entirely sure what he was going to do.

@Ranryu @The Wandering Wizard

A snarl blasts from the closest tiger as it stalks proudly towards Lerac.

@The Aspiring Archivist

35 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

A snarl blasts from the closest tiger as it stalks proudly towards Lerac.

@The Aspiring Archivist

Without hesitation, Lerac lunged forward and slashed it with the dagger.

@The Wandering Wizard

We discussed this, so you can decide exactly what happens.

Edited by The Aspiring Archivist

Shark did not like the look of those tigers. They looked nearly inedible, and seeing how he was a bunny rabbit of the most ferocious variety, that was saying something. He eyed them warily. If they attacked him, he would defend himself, but for now he was worried. "I will wait and see what the others do first." he thought. Then his stomach rumbled.

51 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Lerac turned to look at the tigers and the corrupted. He saw Wynn, locked eyes with her, and began advancing towards them, dagger gripped tightly, not entirely sure what he was going to do.

@Ranryu @The Wandering Wizard

4 minutes ago, That1Cellist said:

Shark did not like the look of those tigers. They looked nearly inedible, and seeing how he was a bunny rabbit of the most ferocious variety, that was saying something. He eyed them warily. If they attacked him, he would defend himself, but for now he was worried. "I will wait and see what the others do first." he thought. Then his stomach rumbled.

Wynn's heart beat faster as she saw Lerac. He didn't listen. There's only one way this will go.

"C'mere Shark." Wynn held out her hand. "I don't really want you getting hurt in this fight."

8 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Without hesitation, Lerac lunged forward and slashed it with the dagger.

4 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Okay, edited.

So is there any way to defeat these?

:ph34r:

*Sigh*

Yes, there is a way.

Prolonged contact with extreme heat, or probably the dagger would melt them. 

Actually if the blade is actively blazing it could cut straight through it.

1 minute ago, Ranryu said:

Wynn's heart beat faster as she saw Lerac. He didn't listen. There's only one way this will go.

"C'mere Shark." Wynn held out her hand. "I don't really want you getting hurt in this fight."

She is corrupted is she not?

55 minutes ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

the Second Archive
Nameless flinches as the balefire passes under him, then suddenly finds himself facedown on the ground, a sharp pain in his ankle.  He stood slowly, groaning. “Thanks.”

The Second Archive

"Yup," Rue says, turning back to the books. "Will balefire let us reach what we need?"

11 minutes ago, Ranryu said:

Shark, upon hearing Wynn's voice, perked up noticeably. How had he not noticed her before? "Wynn!" He said, bouncing up and down. "We are here to help you!. Lerac and me are coming to help beat up the badguys! Do you have food for me? I am very much most enhungered." He hopped a little closer.

1 minute ago, That1Cellist said:

Shark, upon hearing Wynn's voice, perked up noticeably. How had he not noticed her before? "Wynn!" He said, bouncing up and down. "We are here to help you!. Lerac and me are coming to help beat up the badguys! Do you have food for me? I am very much most enhungered." He hopped a little closer.

"Shark..." Wynn looked a little unhappy. "You wanna help me out?"

1 minute ago, That1Cellist said:

Lerac swiftly blasted the tiger with deathfire, melting it. The literal fire in his eyes glowed brightly as he watched Wynn. "Wait, Shark. She can't be trusted."

@The Wandering Wizard @Ranryu

5 minutes ago, Ranryu said:

"Shark..." Wynn looked a little unhappy. "You wanna help me out?"

3 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Lerac swiftly blasted the tiger with deathfire, melting it. The literal fire in his eyes glowed brightly as he watched Wynn. "Wait, Shark. She can't be trusted."

Shark knew something odd was happening. Lerac said that Wynn wasn't to be trusted. What had he said she was now? Corrupted? Shark was worried. What were those tigers up too? Why were they standing with Wynn? "Are you okay?" Shark asked Wynn. "Why does Lerac say I can't trust you?"

Edited by That1Cellist

1 hour ago, Aes Sedai said:

The Second Archive

"Yup," Rue says, turning back to the books. "Will balefire let us reach what we need?"

The Second Archive

Nameless considered. "Perhaps it won't be necessary." Cautiously, he walked down the hallway again, this time surrounding himself with weaves of spirit. When the trap activated this time, he was able-with considerable effort-to prevent the spell from reaching him. He turned back to Rue slowly. "I can keep it from affecting me with spirit. Should be able to continue doing so until we reach the end of this hall."

41 minutes ago, Aes Sedai said:

The Second Archive

Rue nodded and followed him. “What’s at the end of the hall?”

The Second Archive

Nameless shrugged, peering down the long corridor of books. “Can’t tell. It’s all dark. I can’t make a gateway down there, so there must be something they wanted to protect.”

2 hours ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

The tiger collapsed into a pile of melted slag, a purplish liquid leaking from it.

Warily the tigers encircled Lerac from behind, careful now that one of their number had been lost.

@The Aspiring Archivist

11 minutes ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

The Second Archive

Nameless shrugged, peering down the long corridor of books. “Can’t tell. It’s all dark. I can’t make a gateway down there, so there must be something they wanted to protect.”

The Second Archive

“Let’s go then,” Rue said. “Unless it’s a trick, which isn’t out of the question, this is probably where we’ll find it.”

17 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

The tiger collapsed into a pile of melted slag, a purplish liquid leaking from it.

Warily the tigers encircled Lerac from behind, careful now that one of their number had been lost.

@The Aspiring Archivist

Lerac blasted another one, then another. Immediately, he began to feel an awful fatigue that he hoped wouldn't show in his posture. If he could just convince the things to back off...

1 minute ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Lerac blasted another one, then another. Immediately, he began to feel an awful fatigue that he hoped wouldn't show in his posture. If he could just convince the things to back off...

The tigers started to speed up, dodging the blasts with unnatural speed. Their fangs began to glisten as black saliva dripped down, hissing as it fell onto the ground.

A tiger dashed towards Lerac with searing speed, fangs stretching outwards with rivulets of corrosive acid dripping downwards.

9 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

The tigers started to speed up, dodging the blasts with unnatural speed. Their fangs began to glisten as black saliva dripped down, hissing as it fell onto the ground.

A tiger dashed towards Lerac with searing speed, fangs stretching outwards with rivulets of corrosive acid dripping downwards.

Well, so much for that. Lerac surrounded himself with a small ring of tall flames, and immediately stumbled from the effort.

@The Wandering Wizard

Edited by The Aspiring Archivist