Insanity Clinic For The Moderately Brandofandonitis Afflicted

Medium

43 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Currently there is a battle raging at the top of the clinic to stop the pillar for being corrupted, because if it is then the clinic will be destroyed and the Kaos will be one step closer to being free.

Alright, so the main action is on the roof, but to be more specific, what's a Kaos tiger? What exactly is the pillar? And what are those places everyone keeps talking about. Archive, Second Archive, The Path etc.

4 hours ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

I mean, the weapon itself would theoretically have a bad effect on whatever makes the acid sentient. I don't think it would just fully keep functioning upon contact with it.

@The Wandering Wizard

Edited by The Aspiring Archivist

The Path

Calano looked at the memory as he watched, through his own eyes, himself put a hand out, sealing Emma away with the Nethergrim, lest the Nethergrim attack and destroy the Clinic.

He'd never forgiven himself for it.

He looked long and hard at that memory, letting words and feelings bubble up, before speaking. "What I did to you then," He said, "Is unforgivable. And yet, somehow, you forgave me for it. You forgave me for so much, and it's hard for me to find the courage or ability to forgive even myself. But... I do. I forgive myself. The past should not be dwelt on for long. I acknowledge you," He said to the memory.

The memory burned away in a flash of light, and a larger chunk of the Dark weight on his mind lifted.

He took a shaky breath, and took another step. He wondered in the back of his mind if his soul would be able to keep up with this.

7 hours ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

"Not particularly. Just let Lark or Thaidakar know that the Kaos will seek the other pillars."

Light Pool

"Okay. Wipe what you need to. Will I be coming back here? These plants are really cool, and I'd like to study them further." Platypus says, eyes glazing as he thinks about what he'd like to do. Then his eyes refocus. "But I digress. Anything else i should know?"

@The Wandering Wizard

Edited by Being of Cacophony

9 hours ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Basically, Telrao has added Aon Raos to the Aon Ashe - Aon Rao serves as a kind of multiplier - increasing the brightness of the Aon Ashe to almost blinding levels. She's hoping that the light will blind the tigers long enough for someone to do something other than, well, die. haaa

15 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

X watched as though he were underwater as Telrao distracted the tigers. Something tickled at his mind, like there was some thought that he was forgetting. Should he be acting? Part of him said yes, but it felt so far away...

15 hours ago, Shadowed said:

The Clinic: The Roof

Matra shrugged. “I can translate or interpret anything, but that’s not going to be much use in a fight. I can summon a Blade, but I don’t know how to use it.”

She gestured to X, who was frozen in one of his episodes. “He probably has more magic than me, even if he can’t use it yet.”

Lyna nodded, then stood and pulled out her gun, feeling a lot more safe with the weapon in her hands. She waved her hand, and her squad formed up around X and Matra. "Maintain defensive positions, team." She said. "Do not shoot unless one of those things comes to attack us." They all nodded, visors down, reflecting the fading light of the pillar.

Hav gripped his gun tightly, then pointed. "Sir? What is Telrao doing?" Lyna glanced towards the small feline, who was close by the pillar, drawing frantically as a pack of tigers ran towards her. Closer, closer. The lines of light grew brighter, and Lyna flicked her visor down. What is she doing? Lyna wondered. Then she saw the Aon Ashe hovering in the air. Oh.

"Adjust your visors to dark mode, squad. Things might get a little bright."

24 minutes ago, Telrao said:

Lyna nodded, then stood and pulled out her gun, feeling a lot more safe with the weapon in her hands. She waved her hand, and her squad formed up around X and Matra. "Maintain defensive positions, team." She said. "Do not shoot unless one of those things comes to attack us." They all nodded, visors down, reflecting the fading light of the pillar.

Hav gripped his gun tightly, then pointed. "Sir? What is Telrao doing?" Lyna glanced towards the small feline, who was close by the pillar, drawing frantically as a pack of tigers ran towards her. Closer, closer. The lines of light grew brighter, and Lyna flicked her visor down. What is she doing? Lyna wondered. Then she saw the Aon Ashe hovering in the air. Oh.

"Adjust your visors to dark mode, squad. Things might get a little bright."

Lerac stumbled forward toward the forces of Kaos again, feeling faint again. "Wynn..."

Are you able to RP today?

@Ranryu

2 minutes ago, Ranryu said:

Wynn stood at a distance impassively.

This is what has to happen.

He watched her, expression inscrutable. "What do you want me to do?"

You don't have to if you don't feel up for it.

1 minute ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

He watched her, expression inscrutable. "What do you want me to do?"

"Does it matter?" She asked. "I already know what's going to happen, so let's just skip to the part where we fight."

He dodged it faster than he would have thought he could. "Alright." He boosted himself toward her with the strange energy, and swung with his dagger.

She deftly pushed his hand out of the way and nailed him with a bone-shattering punch.

1 minute ago, Ranryu said:

She deftly pushed his hand out of the way and nailed him with a bone-shattering punch.

He absorbed it well enough, though he stumbled. The fire that burned all over him gave Wynn an awful, stinging pain. He continued attacking with swiftness and skill from years of experience with a dagger.

He absorbed it well enough, though he stumbled. The fire that burned all over him gave Wynn an awful, stinging pain. He continued attacking with swiftness and skill from years of experience with a dagger.

She showed no sign of feeling the pain, and continued to dodge his attacks with a fluid grace she had never exhibited before. She didn't, however, use any more Shadows.

2 minutes ago, Ranryu said:

She showed no sign of feeling the pain, and continued to dodge his attacks with a fluid grace she had never exhibited before. She didn't, however, use any more Shadows.

He swiftly surrounded her with a tightening circle of fire. He felt himself begin to black out, but kept fighting.

4 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

He swiftly surrounded her with a tightening circle of fire. He felt himself begin to black out, but he kept fighting.

Wynn didn't shy away from the fire. In fact, it didn't seem to deter her at all as she kicked him in the face.

Just now, Ranryu said:

Wynn didn't shy away from the fire. In fact, it didn't seem to deter her at all as she kicked him in the face.

It's not normal fire. It wouldn't actually affect her corruption, but it would disrupt her connection with Kaos and generally mess with her energy. When entirely consumed, she probably wouldn't be able to function much.

He was bleeding all over, but he didn't have time to heal. He kept fighting, forcing her into the fire.

2 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

He was bleeding all over, but he didn't have time to heal. He kept fighting, forcing her into the fire.

As she touched the fire, she seemed to slow down, movements becoming more hesitated.

3 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

He increased the intensity around her, and began to stumble himself. Any second I can land a hit...

Finally, Wynn used her Shadows. A whip of barely controlled darkness appeared in her hands, writhing like a live snake.

Just now, Ranryu said:

Finally, Wynn used her Shadows. A whip of barely controlled darkness appeared in her hands, writhing like a live snake.

The shadow immediately began to fizzle. The energy within it was being forced around, losing control. Lerac plunged his dagger down, aiming for her chest.

2 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

The shadow immediately began to fizzle. The energy within it was being forced around, losing control. Lerac plunged his dagger down, aiming for her chest.

She twisted, and it went into her arm instead.

Just now, Ranryu said:

She twisted, and it went into her arm instead.

He knew it wouldn't matter much, so he plunged it deeper and twisted.

Wynn was hit with a force orders of magnitude stronger than that of the fire, and the pain to accompany it. He would only need to hold it a little longer to kill.

6 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

He knew it wouldn't matter much, so he plunged it deeper and twisted.

Wynn was hit with a force orders of magnitude stronger than that of the fire, and the pain to accompany it. He would only need to hold it a little longer to kill.

She cried out, but with fear, not pain. "Lerac!"