Insanity Clinic For The Moderately Brandofandonitis Afflicted

Medium

The Clinic: The Roof

Matra walked up to the man who Lyna had left in charge. “Um, excuse me, Mister Big Super Scary Soldier Man. I don’t mean to be rude, but me and X came here to help, not just to sit here and watch people die around us. Is there anything— That is to say, well, we’re going to help, whether you like it or not. Isn’t that right, X?”

Without waiting for a response, she summoned her Blade and charged into the fray.

@xinoehp512 @Telrao

2 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

TAAron Pushed himself through the darkness, carefully grabbing the rabbit and coming out the other side. "What happened? Why are you up here?"

"I followed Lerac when Wynn ran away. We were going to save her... I was going to save them... I was going to... But now they are gone. Lerac killed Wynn, and then I watched him die after." Shark's stomach rumbled and he continued sobbing.

16 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

He turned, saw Bookwyrm and laughed, "this is going to be one heck of a fight!"

Clinic: Roof

Bookwyrm grinned.

He spun into the waves of skeletons, swinging his swords and shattering them. He sent a ripple of gravity through a wave of them, pulling and twisting and ripping through the bones of the strange creatures.

Bursts of magic and Nightfire defended him as he tore a path through the servants of Kaos. Eventually, he spotted Insa standing near the Clinic's pillar. She seemed to be in mental conversation with someone...

Bookwyrm fought his way until he reached the unnaturally calm area near the pillar.

"Insa," he called. "It's me."

@InfiniteInsanity @The Wandering Wizard

11 minutes ago, Shadowed said:

The Clinic: The Roof

Matra walked up to the man who Lyna had left in charge. “Um, excuse me, Mister Big Super Scary Soldier Man. I don’t mean to be rude, but me and X came here to help, not just to sit here and watch people die around us. Is there anything— That is to say, well, we’re going to help, whether you like it or not. Isn’t that right, X?”

Without waiting for a response, she summoned her Blade and charged into the fray.

@xinoehp512 @Telrao

X stared after Matra as she charged. Help.

That's right, he remembered, thoughts suddenly clicking into place. I need to attack. 

He stepped forwards, following Matra into battle.

16 minutes ago, That1Cellist said:

"I followed Lerac when Wynn ran away. We were going to save her... I was going to save them... I was going to... But now they are gone. Lerac killed Wynn, and then I watched him die after." Shark's stomach rumbled and he continued sobbing.

"He killed... Why? How?"

4 minutes ago, Ati16 said:

Ati watched the battle with awe and realised that he should help. "Does this place have an armoury?", he asked TAAron who was talking to a rabbit. Ati decided that talking rabbits were probably normal in this place.

@The Aspiring Archivist

"I don't know."

Just now, xinoehp512 said:

I have a skeletal dragon that I've been saving :ph34r:

A pile of nearby bones erupts as a massive skeletal dragon crawls out. Slithering across the floor, its spectral tongue flickers, reaching towards X and Matra.

@xinoehp512 @Shadowed

1 hour ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

Insa spun around. Terror mixed in with the exhaustion. But then she smiled. "Come to join me?"

You said they wouldn't be able to reach me.

@The Wandering Wizard

The Kaos Realm

"I'm sorry, the Kaos wants you to be captured. They will have to lower their guards when they take you and in that moment we can strike back. I'm sorry, it was the Kaos's back up plan. I'm sorry."

@InfiniteInsanity

5 hours ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Yeah. Knew I was going to make that mistake eventually.

The Second Archive

"The wheel weaves as the wheel wills, and all that." Nameless stopped walking, examining the room he and Rue had just entered.

It was large and circular, walls lined with books titled with writing that was visible but completely unintelligible to both Rue and Nameless, a raised section in the center holding a pedestal upon which an unremarkable staff rested.

"I'm willing to bet that's what we're here for. Perhaps it's a ter'angreal of some kind?"

@Aes Sedai

Lark struggled fiercely as the shadows encompassed him. They whispered to him, telling him that nothing he did would ever be enough, that all the desperate measures he'd taken had been in service of a goal that was, in the end, not just unreachable but also selfish.

Lark felt pain at these lies, for they were truth. He had done horrible things, and his goals had not always been pure. As much as it pained him to admit it, he had been inspired in part by jealousy and hatred, and had often misused power when he had it.

But he didn't have time to wallow in self-pity and hatred. The Clinic was in danger, and everyone in it. He had to act right now, to stop Kaos from winning.

Lark shouted, forcing the shadows away and standing upright. He saw the tiger standing behind Thaidakar and charged, red blade whirring in the air as he swung for the thing's head.

@The Wandering Wizard @Thaidakar the Ghostblood

Edited by UnfortunatelyNamed

46 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

A pile of nearby bones erupts as a massive skeletal dragon crawls out. Slithering across the floor, its spectral tongue flickers, reaching towards X and Matra.

@xinoehp512 @Shadowed

The Kaos Realm

"I'm sorry, the Kaos wants you to be captured. They will have to lower their guards when they take you and in that moment we can strike back. I'm sorry, it was the Kaos's back up plan. I'm sorry."

@InfiniteInsanity

The Clinic: Roof

Its fine.

1 hour ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Bookwyrm smiled sadly.

"You know I can't do that, Insa."

Insa looked down. 

"Since you're not gonna help me and Emma's dead I guess there isn't much point in me fighting is there?"

1 hour ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

The Second Archive

"The wheel weaves as the wheel wills, and all that." Nameless stopped walking, examining the room he and Rue had just entered.

It was large and circular, walls lined with books titled with writing that was visible but completely unintelligible to both Rue and Nameless, a raised section in the center holding a pedestal upon which an unremarkable staff rested.

"I'm willing to bet that's what we're here for. Perhaps it's a ter'angreal of some kind?"

@Aes Sedai

The Second Archive

"I think that's a safe bet," Rue said. "But it could also be a fake. Either way, you should be the one to grab it."

37 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"I'm not okay. I... don't know what to feel. We're just going to have to fight."

"Let's go then." Shark said to TAAron, trying to revitalize some courage within himself.

"For them. Let us go on for those who can't." Shark hopped out of TAAron's arms and began to glow, his form beginning to shift again. "Together in mourning, we will help them."

Edited by That1Cellist

1 hour ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

Lark struggled fiercely as the shadows encompassed him. They whispered to him, telling him that nothing he did would ever be enough, that all the desperate measures he'd taken had been in service of a goal that was, in the end, not just unreachable but also selfish.

Lark felt pain at these lies, for they were truth. He had done horrible things, and his goals had not always been pure. As much as it pained him to admit it, he had been inspired in part by jealousy and hatred, and had often misused power when he had it.

But he didn't have time to wallow in self-pity and hatred. The Clinic was in danger, and everyone in it. He had to act right now, to stop Kaos from winning.

Lark shouted, forcing the shadows away and standing upright. He saw the tiger standing behind Thaidakar and charged, red blade whirring in the air as he swung for the thing's head.

The tiger dodged backwards, seditious words seeping out.

"You know me Lark, your allies killed me, but now they are exterminated. The chickens are no more."

Its fine.

"No it's not fine, but it is how it will have to be."

@InfiniteInsanity

16 minutes ago, That1Cellist said:

"Let's go then." Shark said to TAAron, trying to revitalize some courage within himself.

"For them. Let us go on for those who can't." Shark hopped out of TAAron's arms and began to glow, his form beginning to shift again. "Together in mourning, we will help them."

"Woah. Since when could you do that?"

20 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Woah. Since when could you do that?"

"Always, I think. It's hard to remember." Shark said, coming into his pangolin-esque form. "But right now, that isn't important." Shark looked back over at the battle, where everyone he'd cared about had died. "Come on."

Edited by That1Cellist

Insa looked down. 

"Since you're not gonna help me and Emma's dead I guess there isn't much point in me fighting is there?"

"I guess not," Bookwyrm said. He dismissed his weapons and stepped closer.

"I'm sorry, Insa," he said. "I'm sorry that I wasn't able to stop this from happening to you."

In the back of his mind, an idea began to form. He found the breach in the barrier and sent a mental message to Wizard.

Wizard, he said, I need you to talk me out of a very bad idea.

@The Wandering Wizard

30 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

"No it's not fine, but it is how it will have to be."

@InfiniteInsanity

If it's what has to happen then its fine. It will end well.

7 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

"I'm sorry, Insa," he said. "I'm sorry that I wasn't able to stop this from happening to you."

"Stop what from happening to me? I've found my real family."

29 minutes ago, That1Cellist said:

"Always, I think. It's hard to remember." Shark said, coming into his pangolin-esque form. "But right now, that isn't important." Shark looked back over at the battle, where everyone he'd cared about had died. "Come on."

"I'm sorry this happened to you, Shark."

38 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

In the back of his mind, an idea began to form. He found the breach in the barrier and sent a mental message to Wizard.

Wizard, he said, I need you to talk me out of a very bad idea.

@The Wandering Wizard

Bookwyrm received a lazy "Hmmm?"

29 minutes ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

If it's what has to happen then its fine. It will end well.

"Stop what from happening to me? I've found my real family."

"I'm glad that you trust me."