Insanity Clinic For The Moderately Brandofandonitis Afflicted

Medium

6 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

X nodded. Clearly this girl- Matra, that was her name- knew what she was doing. He raised his hand and projected a shield as the dragon swooped in for an attack.

@The Wandering Wizard

6 hours ago, Shadowed said:

Matra screamed, wildly slashing her sword from side to side, to little effect. Why had she thought this was a good idea? She couldn’t even fight, let alone fight some demonic being of Kaos!

Breathe, Matra. Remember the Golden Ones. Remember your training. A voice whispered from the depths of her being.

Hav ran up to her, yelling at her, but she ploughed on. She could fix this. She could do this.

”Hav, cover my back. You, soldiers, help him with those tigers. As for X,” She grinned slightly maniacally. “Let’s go and fight a skeleton-dragon thing.”

@xinoehp512 @Telrao @The Wandering Wizard

Clinic: Roof

The dragon swooped down, claws slashing against the shield, seeking to dig into the fleshy beings behind.

It roared in anger as the shield frustrated it's attempts and steam began to blow furiously out of its nostrils.

24 minutes ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

The Clinic: Roof

I... No... I can't.

Insa pushed Bookwyrm away. "Don't touch me."

@The Bookwyrm

"You must, you are of the Kaos. You can't deny it, your soul is steeped in it. The Kaos gave you the gift of autonomy, if...if you lose that gift. You will never get it back."

The air began to warp behind all the people of the clinic.

Just now, That1Cellist said:

"Please, please. I can't think about this now. Let's try to do something." Shark pleaded.

"What can we do? The fight is already on, and I don't have nearly as much power as Thaidakar or Lark. I might just end up getting killed."

3 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"What can we do? The fight is already on, and I don't have nearly as much power as Thaidakar or Lark. I might just end up getting killed."

"I... I'm not very strong either. I am not a ferocious bunnyrabbit like I said." Shark said, trembling. "Do you think there is something else we could do?"

8 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

"I... I'm not very strong either. I am not a ferocious bunnyrabbit like I said." Shark said, trembling. "Do you think there is something else we could do?"

"I honestly don't know. I..." TAAron noticed the air warping. "What is that?"

"No, I'm coming with you. I will protect you. I will protect you, Mr. TAAron." Shark was trembling, but he was determined.

"No. We'll fail, in the end. I think I see that now. This Kaos is too powerful for us to put up a fight for much longer."

The warping intensified and the silhouette of a female, humanoid spider, clad in metal armor. All eight arms wielding half blade sickles. A unnerving grin split her face, mandibles clicking, yet no sound reached them.

@That1Cellist @The Aspiring Archivist

Just now, The Wandering Wizard said:

The warping intensified and the silhouette of a female, humanoid spider, clad in metal armor. All eight arms wielding half blade sickles. A unnerving grin split her face, mandibles clicking, yet no sound reached them.

TAAron inhaled sharply, and immediately sent out a flurry of coins against the creature.

11 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

16 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"No. We'll fail, in the end. I think I see that now. This Kaos is too powerful for us to put up a fight for much longer."

Shark let out a scream. Such a thing only happens when rabbits are in the utmost state of fear or pain. He couldn't speak for terror, but fled as quickly as he could, hoping that TAAron would follow.

Edited by That1Cellist

14 hours ago, Aes Sedai said:

The Second Archive

Rue smiled faintly. “Sarcasm. I miss it, sometimes. But we don’t have time for you to sit here chatting, and I’d rather get caught in a trap than experiment with the Power.” She starts to walk towards the staff. 

The Second Archive

Nameless watched nervously. "Uh, be careful. I would prefer to not have to deal with the effects of a broken bond."

14 hours ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

"Foolish mortals not understanding riddles. I am Wizard."

Growling the tiger slashes back at Lark matching him claw to stroke.

Lark forced more power into his blows. "Yes, yes, I know. You said that earlier, didn't you? What, do you expect me to care? Wizard was a decent person, but we were never friends." He glanced at the spider creature, frowning. "Thaidakar, you go help TAAron with that. I'll handle this one."

@Thaidakar the Ghostblood

Edited by UnfortunatelyNamed

1 minute ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

The Second Archive

Nameless watched nervously. "Uh, be careful. I would prefer to not have to deal with the effects of a broken bond."

The Second Archive

"You'll be fine," Rue said. Then she reached forward and grabbed the staff.

2 hours ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"It could be a trick. Don't trust her."

1 hour ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

"You must, you are of the Kaos. You can't deny it, your soul is steeped in it. The Kaos gave you the gift of autonomy, if...if you lose that gift. You will never get it back."

Insa backed away from Bookwyrm even more. "He's right. Don't trust me. Don't touch me. Stay away. I can't stop it much longer."

Just a little longer. Let me wait a little longer.

@The Bookwyrm

3 minutes ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

The Second Archive

Nameless flinched, expecting a trap of some kind to go off.

So…no trap then?

The Second Archive

Rue eyed the staff, turning it over. “Could it be a fake?”

3 hours ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

The dragon swooped down, claws slashing against the shield, seeking to dig into the fleshy beings behind.

It roared in anger as the shield frustrated it's attempts and steam began to blow furiously out of its nostrils.

X felt a surge of muted triumph and smiled. It had worked! He was being useful.

@Shadowed

3 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

@Shadowed

Matra nodded to X. “Nice one.”

A whisper floated up to the very edge of her consciousness. A whisper, light as a feather, of a past life, lived by a different person. That person couldn’t be her.

The Golden Ones.

It’s no use hiding it, Zarya said from deep inside of her. Be who you are. Who you always were. 

Matra took a deep, steadying breath. Be who you are, Matra.

Something fell into place, and suddenly she burst alight with an intense golden glow. “Let’s take this thing down.”

1 hour ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

TAAron inhaled sharply, and immediately sent out a flurry of coins against the creature.

1 hour ago, That1Cellist said:

Shark let out a scream. Such a thing only happens when rabbits are in the utmost state of fear or pain. He couldn't speak for terror, but fled as quickly as he could, hoping that TAAron would follow.

The sickles spun in quick succession, creating a spinning circle of black metal. The figure advanced further and she became clearer, her voice echoing around the roof.

"You poor, poor fools. You will not have to pay for attacking your Queen, for I am not yet, but I shall be. I am the true champion of the Kaos. Emma was a useful tool, but she outlived her usefullness."

8 minutes ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

Lark forced more power into his blows. "Yes, yes, I know. You said that earlier, didn't you? What, do you expect me to care? Wizard was a decent person, but we were never friends." He glanced at the spider creature, frowning. "Thaidakar, you go help TAAron with that. I'll handle this one."

The tiger growled, symbols blazing to an even greater height. The tiger's claws lengthened as it struck at Lark, nearly scratching his skin,

1 hour ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

Insa backed away from Bookwyrm even more. "He's right. Don't trust me. Don't touch me. Stay away. I can't stop it much longer."

Just a little longer. Let me wait a little longer.

@The Bookwyrm

"It is too late, I am here, you must korrupt him. You have your orders."

Just now, Shadowed said:

Matra nodded to X. “Nice one.”

A whisper floated up to the very edge of her consciousness. A whisper, light as a feather, of a past life, lived by a different person. That person couldn’t be her.

The Golden Ones.

It’s no use hiding it, Zarya said from deep inside of her. Be who you are. Who you always were. 

Matra took a deep, steadying breath. Be who you are, Matra.

Something fell into place, and suddenly she burst alight with an intense golden glow. “Let’s take this thing down.”

12 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

@Shadowed

The dragon leaped back, arching its neck to exhale a deadly black cloud of Kaos towards Matra and X.

10 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

The sickles spun in quick succession, creating a spinning circle of black metal. The figure advanced further and she became clearer, her voice echoing around the roof.

"You poor, poor fools. You will not have to pay for attacking your Queen, for I am not yet, but I shall be. I am the true champion of the Kaos. Emma was a useful tool, but she outlived her usefullness."

"Shark stopped running. He was still trembling, still weak, but he realized that TAAron was probably not coming with him. He turned around and beheld that monstrosity. He couldn't abandon these people. Storms. He couldn't leave TAAron, and now he was probably going to die. "I'm here." He said shakily, returning to TAAron's side. "For all the good it'll do."

@The Aspiring Archivist @The Wandering Wizard

2 hours ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

"You poor, poor fools. You will not have to pay for attacking your Queen, for I am not yet, but I shall be. I am the true champion of the Kaos. Emma was a useful tool, but she outlived her usefulness."

TAAron growled, and began tapping Zinc to think faster. He didn't have as much as he would have liked, but it would have to do. He began advancing towards the figure with dagger in hand.

2 hours ago, That1Cellist said:

"Shark stopped running. He was still trembling, still weak, but he realized that TAAron was probably not coming with him. He turned around and beheld that monstrosity. He couldn't abandon these people. Storms. He couldn't leave TAAron, and now he was probably going to die. "I'm here." He said shakily, returning to TAAron's side. "For all the good it'll do."

@The Aspiring Archivist @The Wandering Wizard

"You should probably stay back." TAAron quickly dropped to the ground with a coin, then Pushed it behind him with all of his force, sending him skidding beneath the sickles. He took a shot at the creature's legs.

@The Wandering Wizard

Edited by The Aspiring Archivist

1 minute ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

TAAron growled, and began tapping Zinc to think faster. He didn't have as much as he would have liked, but it would have to do. He began advancing towards the figure with dagger in hand.

"You should probably stay back." TAAron quickly dropped to the ground with a coin, then Pushed it behind him with all of his force, sending him skidding beneath the sickles. He took a shot at the creature's legs.

Shark wanted to stay back, truly he did, but he wanted to do better. To prove himself, to show that he was capable of helping, of doing something. He tried not to think about Wynn or Haly, but they kept coming back to him in his mind. He had failed them. Maybe if he had been better he could have stopped them. He could have done something. He hadn't, but he knew one thing. He wasn't going to let that happen again. "No." He said. "I'm sticking with you."

@The Wandering Wizard

17 hours ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

The tiger dodged, the blast only partially melting his hind leg.

"You will pay for that!" Spits out the tiger, growling as it circles gradually faster patterns around Lark and Thaidakar.

@Thaidakar the Ghostblood @UnfortunatelyNamed

Thaidakar smiled, "My pleasure to be annoying to you, tiger."

3 hours ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

@Thaidakar the Ghostblood

Thaidakar nodded, "Alright. And, Lark, stay safe." Thaidakar looked at the tiger and grinned, "Oh, tiger, you can't be Wizard, Wizard had good looks and you clearly don't." Thaidakar ran off towards TAAron.

@The Aspiring Archivist