Insanity Clinic For The Moderately Brandofandonitis Afflicted

Medium

6 hours ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

"I can take us to anywhere we'd like."

Something in Matra chafed at abandoning the Clinic - the very establishment they had promised Calano they would protect - but, on a certain level, she agreed that they were more use to the Clinic away from it and alive than in it and dead - or worse.

”What about that place Bookwyrm and a few of us were in a while back? Tal’rin? The people there seemed friendly to us, and it’s not too far if we need to get back here quickly.”

@xinoehp512 @Thaidakar the Ghostblood

The Clinic: Lobby

Bookwyrm sighed. "Earth it is, I guess. I'll worry about the details later." He memorized the dimensional coordinates of the location in Greenland Nameless had chosen. I'll worry about which version of Earth this is later.

Bookwyrm reached out with his mind, searching for large groups of survivors. He noticed a group in the cafeteria, which Nameless and Rue were already going towards. 

The location of the second group brought and urgent fact to his attention.

They were in the Library. Filled with so much knowledge, it might as well be an Archive itself.

And the Clinic was collapsing. If it fell, the Library would fall with it.

Bookwyrm turned to Insa. "We're going to the Library. Stay close and cover me." 

@InfiniteInsanity

On 3/5/2023 at 8:03 AM, The Bookwyrm said:

The Clinic: Lobby

Bookwyrm sighed. "Earth it is, I guess. I'll worry about the details later." He memorized the dimensional coordinates of the location in Greenland Nameless had chosen. I'll worry about which version of Earth this is later.

Bookwyrm reached out with his mind, searching for large groups of survivors. He noticed a group in the cafeteria, which Nameless and Rue were already going towards. 

The location of the second group brought and urgent fact to his attention.

They were in the Library. Filled with so much knowledge, it might as well be an Archive itself.

And the Clinic was collapsing. If it fell, the Library would fall with it.

Bookwyrm turned to Insa. "We're going to the Library. Stay close and cover me." 

@InfiniteInsanity

Insa nodded.

But then a spike of panic shot through her. What if I glitch again? 

She could feel the buzz the sparks gave her and knew that they were ready to be used...

...but the idea Kaos could steal control over them scared her.

"Just promise you'll watch out for glitches. I don't want to hit you again."

On 3/5/2023 at 1:57 AM, Shadowed said:

Something in Matra chafed at abandoning the Clinic - the very establishment they had promised Calano they would protect - but, on a certain level, she agreed that they were more use to the Clinic away from it and alive than in it and dead - or worse.

”What about that place Bookwyrm and a few of us were in a while back? Tal’rin? The people there seemed friendly to us, and it’s not too far if we need to get back here quickly.”

X jumped as a piece of the ground was swallowed into a crack. "Sure! But we need to leave now!"

@Thaidakar the Ghostblood @Being of Cacophony

2 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

X jumped as a piece of the ground was swallowed into a crack. "Sure! But we need to leave now!"

Clinic: Roof

"Ok! Let's leave now! Who's going to take us!!? Thaidakar, you said you could, right?" Platypus slices a chunk of rock heading past him to a crack. 

23 minutes ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

Clinic: Cafeteria

Nameless hesitated, glancing at the staff. “Ati, do you think you could get those things grouped together in one easy-to-hit group?” He turned to Rue. “We’ll need to link, I think.”

@Aes Sedai @Ati16

Rue nodded, face expressionless. "I'm ready."

1 hour ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

Nameless hesitated, glancing at the staff. “Ati, do you think you could get those things grouped together in one easy-to-hit group?” He turned to Rue. “We’ll need to link, I think.”

@Aes Sedai @Ati16

"I'll try." Ati said turning toward the beasts. He clenched his hand around the sphere and consumed its contents. He felt his metalminds filling with investiture and looked at the monsters smiling.

Too quickly for the beasts to react, due to his increased speed, Ati lunged and grabbed one of the Kaos tigers and magnified his body heat tenfold, hundredfold, thousandfold...  By this point he should be burned to ashes, if it wasn't for his healing. The Kaos tiger however melted beneath his hands. 

This stunt had spent a lot of the Dor, but it was enough to draw the attention of the other monsters. He smiled, drawing his shardblade, looking at the forces of Kaos gathering to attack him.

@UnfortunatelyNamed, @Aes Sedai

On 3/6/2023 at 8:39 AM, InfiniteInsanity said:

Insa nodded.

But then a spike of panic shot through her. What if I glitch again? 

She could feel the buzz the sparks gave her and knew that they were ready to be used...

...but the idea Kaos could steal control over them scared her.

"Just promise you'll watch out for glitches. I don't want to hit you again."

Bookwyrm smiled.

"It's good to have you back."

Bookwyrm started towards the Library.

On 3/5/2023 at 1:57 AM, Shadowed said:

On 3/6/2023 at 11:11 AM, xinoehp512 said:

On 3/6/2023 at 1:15 PM, Being of Cacophony said:

"Ok! Let's leave now! Who's going to take us!!? Thaidakar, you said you could, right?" Platypus slices a chunk of rock heading past him to a crack. 

Thaidakar nodded. "Let's see... Tal'rin?" He closed his eyes, concentrating. You're abandoning it all. Again. Thaidakar cursed the voice under his breath. Red energy blasted from his fingers, ripping a hole in reality right in front of him. It was about the size of a person and revealed Tal'rin. "So, who's first?"

16 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Thaidakar nodded. "Let's see... Tal'rin?" He closed his eyes, concentrating. You're abandoning it all. Again. Thaidakar cursed the voice under his breath. Red energy blasted from his fingers, ripping a hole in reality right in front of him. It was about the size of a person and revealed Tal'rin. "So, who's first?"

since i'm the first to post, i get to go first :P 

"I haven't been there. But... I guess I can go first. If I scream, don't come through, go somewhere else."

1 minute ago, Being of Cacophony said:

"I haven't been there. But... I guess I can go first. If I scream, don't come through, go somewhere else."

Thaidakar nodded, "Alright. Then again, I can just blast whatever it is..."

Just now, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Thaidakar nodded, "Alright. Then again, I can just blast whatever it is..."

"So could I, but I'd rather not. We did just spend a ton of time fighting Emma, so I'm kinda worn out."

Platypus runs forward through the portal. After a moment, on the other side people can here him say "All clear!!"

"So could I, but I'd rather not. We did just spend a ton of time fighting Emma, so I'm kinda worn out."

Platypus runs forward through the portal. After a moment, on the other side people can here him say "All clear!!"

Thaidakar looked relieved as he turned to the others, "Alright, who's next?"

@xinoehp512 @Shadowed

24 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Just now, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

@xinoehp512 @Shadowed

X glanced over at Matra, nodding at the portal. "You first."

On 3/7/2023 at 1:35 PM, Ati16 said:

"I'll try." Ati said turning toward the beasts. He clenched his hand around the sphere and consumed its contents. He felt his metalminds filling with investiture and looked at the monsters smiling.

Too quickly for the beasts to react, due to his increased speed, Ati lunged and grabbed one of the Kaos tigers and magnified his body heat tenfold, hundredfold, thousandfold...  By this point he should be burned to ashes, if it wasn't for his healing. The Kaos tiger however melted beneath his hands. 

This stunt had spent a lot of the Dor, but it was enough to draw the attention of the other monsters. He smiled, drawing his shardblade, looking at the forces of Kaos gathering to attack him.

@UnfortunatelyNamed, @Aes Sedai

"We have to do it now," Rue said, eyeing the gathering forces. "Are you ready?"

@UnfortunatelyNamed

Nameless drew in as much saidin and saidar as he could, pointing the staff at the gathering horde of monsters. They seemed to have identified Ati as the largest threat against them, and were now ignoring the bunched-up group of survivors at the back of the cafeteria. "This had better work." Gritting his teeth, he channeled all of the Power that he and Rue could hold into the staff, aiming at the grouped monsters.

A brilliant white light shot from the staff, shooting directly into the central mass of the forces of Kaos. It hit with a blinding explosion, a shockwave of intermingled dark and light knocking Nameless back into the wall of the hallway.

Nameless stood up as the smoke cleared, looking in awe at the damage the staff had wrought. What had once been a massive force of Kaos creatures was now little more than a few scattered pools of darkness rimmed by warding rings of light.

"I... think this thing was worth it."

@Aes Sedai @Ati16

1 hour ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

Nameless drew in as much saidin and saidar as he could, pointing the staff at the gathering horde of monsters. They seemed to have identified Ati as the largest threat against them, and were now ignoring the bunched-up group of survivors at the back of the cafeteria. "This had better work." Gritting his teeth, he channeled all of the Power that he and Rue could hold into the staff, aiming at the grouped monsters.

A brilliant white light shot from the staff, shooting directly into the central mass of the forces of Kaos. It hit with a blinding explosion, a shockwave of intermingled dark and light knocking Nameless back into the wall of the hallway.

Nameless stood up as the smoke cleared, looking in awe at the damage the staff had wrought. What had once been a massive force of Kaos creatures was now little more than a few scattered pools of darkness rimmed by warding rings of light.

"I... think this thing was worth it."

@Aes Sedai @Ati16

"You think?" Rue said sarcastically. "Let's go see if they're okay." She started walking towards the group of survivors. 

Ati looked at the former army of Kaos in amazement. "Wow. That was easier than I thought it would be... " Ati approached the pool of metal that had once been the Kaos tiger that he had melted. It had already cooled down. He cut a piece out of it to test how it reacted to different metallic arts and approached the group of survivors.

15 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

X glanced over at Matra, nodding at the portal. "You first."

15 hours ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

@xinoehp512 @Shadowed

Matra nodded at X. She took a deep breath - she still wasn’t used to this portal-jumping business - and stepped gingerly through, into Tal’rin where Platypus waited. “Come on X, it’s completely safe.”

Scudding timezones :P 

1 minute ago, Shadowed said:

Matra nodded at X. She took a deep breath - she still wasn’t used to this portal-jumping business - and stepped gingerly through, into Tal’rin where Platypus waited. “Come on X, it’s completely safe.”

The edges of the building began to crumble as the ground shook the building apart. X gasped and lunged through the portal, nearly tripping and falling down on the other side.

15 hours ago, Shadowed said:

8 hours ago, Being of Cacophony said:

Tal'rin

Platypus is pacing as Matra and X come through. "Hurry up Thaidakar! I can see that your side is going to collapse soon!"

@Thaidakar the Ghostblood

Thaidakar hesitated. Was he really giving up on the clinic. "I..." No, he had to leave. Had to leave to save the Clinic. Or destroy it, he thought, but he dismissed that thought. Thaidakar finally just jumped through, the opening collapsing. Thaidakar smiled as he felt the dirt beneath his feet. "We will do what we must to defend the Clinic. If doing that means leaving for now, let's do this thing."

11 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

X exhaled, taking a look around at his surroundings. "Where are we? You said this place was called... 'Tal-rin'?"

@Shadowed

“Yeah, it was destroyed by Kaos monsters a while back and me, Bookwyrm, Insa and a few others helped the survivors.” She pointed to a spot a few hundred metres away, where a rusty trapdoor was barely visible among the rubble. “There’s an underground bunker over there. It should still have all the stuff from the last time we were here, and we can camp out there while we sort out a plan.”

Beckoning to X, Thaidakar and Platypus, she set off in the direction she had indicated.

@Thaidakar the Ghostblood @xinoehp512 @Being of Cacophony