Insanity Clinic For The Moderately Brandofandonitis Afflicted

Medium

4 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Earth: Greenland

"I don't think we have to worry about the residents of Earth finding us. It's the middle of Greenland; no one's here. But seriously - which version of Earth is this?!"

@Nameless* @Shadowed @Ati16 @InfiniteInsanity

Insa stood up. "I think the more important question is what are we going to do?"

Kaos Plane

Lark smiled to himself as Emma left, then set off to prepare the armies of Kaos for battle.

“What version?” Nameless shrugged. “I don’t know. The version without natural magic, where Brandon Sanderson lives? I haven’t been to many other versions. Why is it so important?”

@The Bookwyrm

2 hours ago, Nameless* said:

“What version?” Nameless shrugged. “I don’t know. The version without natural magic, where Brandon Sanderson lives? I haven’t been to many other versions. Why is it so important?”

@The Bookwyrm

Bookwyrm blinked.

So it is. A world that he had buried his connections to so deep it they were hard to find.

"Okay," he said, sighing. "It doesn't really matter. I was just wondering."

He snapped his fingers and his tunic and cloak turned into sturdy hiking boots, cargo pants, a warm blue jacket, and still his normal glasses.

"Insa's right. Are we keeping them here? Or are we finding a world away from the conflict to keep them safe?"

@InfiniteInsanity @Shadowed @Ati16

“We shouldn’t put innocents in danger without asking first, at the very least.” Rue said firmly. “And beyond that, what out of the way planet can we take them to, and where do we go after that?”

@The Bookwyrm @Nameless* @InfiniteInsanity @Ati16

Edited by Aes Sedai

19 hours ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Barely out of the corner of his eyes, he saw the shadows lengthen. And then the screaming began. And he felt the rage of his twin. It tore through them, the shadows bleeding into them. And then they burst and Wizard shut his eyes to the carnage. But he still felt that rage and pain.

Weakly he sent a feeling that he was alive and the shadows turned on him. In that moment he felt fear. Surely she wouldn't turn them on him, would she? 

Mysterious Forest Path

The shadows snaked towards him. They surrounded him and the ropes burst.

Weakly Wizard flopped to the ground. Fuzzily he saw a dark form towering over him.

Concern reflected in her violet eyes as Emma leaned over him. Words fell from her as fast as the tears, "stay with me. Please stay awake Wizzie. I'm gonna get you help."

Slowly he driffed off as she began to draw him back to town, tears dripping onto his fur. Splattering into tiny fractals of crystaline light.

18 hours ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Mysterious Forest Path

"Start," Calano repeated, more firmly, "Talking. Tell me what you know, or I swear I will slice your neck like a fish."

"I think you missed something I said."

Scythe blades shoot out of the end of his other staff and he slaps away Calano's sword.

Leaping backwards, his hood finally falls backwards, revealing a white wolf's face and gleaming red eyes.

"I am Death!"

@CalanoCorvus

Edited by The Wandering Wizard

3 hours ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

"I think you missed something I said."

Scythe blades shoot out of the end of his other staff and he slaps away Calano's sword.

Leaping backwards, his hood finally falls backwards, revealing a white wolf's face and gleaming red eyes.

"I am Death!"

@CalanoCorvus

you bastard you really out here using the wolf of Death lmao

Mysterious Forest Path

Calano assumed a defensive stance. "You," He said, "This is a specter of you I've not seen before. But I've faced you before, and come out on top. I have no reason to fear you."

Calano brandished his Lightsword, and bolstered by his fearlessness in the face of his old foe, managed to summon a second one. He felt much more comfortable wielding two swords.

"Now," He said, "What if we settled this after you tell me of my wife? You've been cryptic. I'm confused. She is dead, is she not? I killed her."

5 hours ago, Nameless* said:

Nameless looked at Bookwyrm. “You’re the expert on inter dimensional travel. Do you know of any safe places to put the refugees?”

@Aes Sedai @The Bookwyrm @InfiniteInsanity @Ati16

"This is admittedly a part of the multiverse I do not spend much time in," Bookwyrm said. "And all the places I can think of off the top of my head are probably going to be under the influence of Kaos pretty soon."

He frowned and folded his arms. "Let me think for-oh!" He snapped his fingers and pulled out his tome.

"This now has all the information in the Clinic's library. I should be able to find an isolated, peaceful planet or pocket dimension or something for them to live in. For the time being." 

Rue blinked. "All of it?" She asked, remembering the size of the library. "Let's get going, then. We need to get these people settled and then find a way to stop Kaos, or at least slow it."

@The Bookwyrm @InfiniteInsanity @Ati16 @Nameless*

On 3/28/2023 at 1:20 PM, CalanoCorvus said:

Mysterious Forest Path

Calano assumed a defensive stance. "You," He said, "This is a specter of you I've not seen before. But I've faced you before, and come out on top. I have no reason to fear you."

Calano brandished his Lightsword, and bolstered by his fearlessness in the face of his old foe, managed to summon a second one. He felt much more comfortable wielding two swords.

"Now," He said, "What if we settled this after you tell me of my wife? You've been cryptic. I'm confused. She is dead, is she not? I killed her."

@The Wandering Wizard

On 3/28/2023 at 9:57 AM, The Wandering Wizard said:

Mysterious Forest Path

The shadows snaked towards him. They surrounded him and the ropes burst.

Weakly Wizard flopped to the ground. Fuzzily he saw a dark form towering over him.

Concern reflected in her violet eyes as Emma leaned over him. Words fell from her as fast as the tears, "stay with me. Please stay awake Wizzie. I'm gonna get you help."

Slowly he driffed off as she began to draw him back to town, tears dripping onto his fur. Splattering into tiny fractals of crystaline light.

There was...was one thing she could do. 

Softly she stroked Wizard's blood matted fur, tears still falling from her big violet eyes. 

"I'm sorry Wizard. This is what must be done."

Grasping the bond between each other with invisible hands. She poured all of the light of her soul into it. Just leaving a tiny particle of light among the sea of darkness. 

Slowly the warmth returned to Wizard and his blue eyes flashed open. 

Groaning softly Wizard managed to croak, "Emma is that you?"

A small smile of relief cracked her face as a few last tears dripped onto Wizard's fur. "Yes, it's me Wizzie."

Emma reached down and picked up Wizard, carrying him piggy back style home.

But from that moment the darkness hunted the light, seeking to extinguish what little was left.

you bastard you really out here using the wolf of Death lmao

Yes :P

Mysterious Forest Path

Death howled with laughter again, "I would have her soul, young raven. Would I not? Would I not be torturing her for all eternity if she was dead?"

@CalanoCorvus

Edited by The Wandering Wizard

4 hours ago, Aes Sedai said:

Rue blinked. "All of it?" She asked, remembering the size of the library. "Let's get going, then. We need to get these people settled and then find a way to stop Kaos, or at least slow it."

@The Bookwyrm @InfiniteInsanity @Ati16 @Nameless*

"Yeah, all of it. It's a magic book."

Bookwyrm flipped through the pages.

"There's a small desert planet called Refnet in a dwarf galaxy at the fringes of a universe not too far from here," Bookwyrm said. "The caverns underneath the planets dunes hold a vibrant biosphere sustained by an internal water cycle. It's completely remote, never even been visited; whoever gathered this information did so simply by watching it through dimensional sight."

He snapped his book closed and summoned a large Wyrmhole that towered over them. A warm, dry wind blew through it. 

"Lead all of them through here. We'll find a cave where they could live for months - maybe years - on their own, then try to re-group and plan our next steps."

He sighed. Really, it's all up to Calano. Whatever he does on the Path will determine our next steps - and ultimately, our fates. And some of us have latent Kaos inside us. Me and Insa specifically.

I don't really know what we're going to do next.

Have trust.

Bookwyrm's head snapped up. You again?

Yes.

You know, I really would like an introduction one of these times.

Get to Refnet. Make sure the patients are safe. And then I promise I'll answer your questions, my friend. You deserve a long explanation.

Bookwyrm smiled slightly.

"All right! Let's get everyone through the Wyrmhole!"

He looked around the frozen landscape one last time.

For some reason he got the feeling that this wouldn't be the last time he saw Earth in the near future...

@InfiniteInsanity @Aes Sedai @Ati16 @Nameless*

On 3/26/2023 at 9:06 AM, The Bookwyrm said:

The Clinic: Library

It was falling apart.

Rifts were splitting space itself everywhere. Bookwyrm nearly fell into one multiple times, briefly confronted by a deep blackness before gaining his balance and continuing onwards.

He saw Insa waiting for him by the Wyrmhole.

"Why didn't you go through?!" he yelled, but didn't wait for an answer before he grabbed her hand and dove through the portal, pulling her along with him.

The Wyrmhole closed as the fabric of the Clinic continued to tear itself apart.

Bookwyrm landed on the snowy, muddy ground. Hard.

He groaned and stood up, looking around at the group of patients and seeing Nameless, Rue, and Ati nearby. He walked over to them.

"Which version of Earth is this, anyway?" he asked Nameless.

@InfiniteInsanity @Nameless* @Aes Sedai @Ati16

@xinoehp512 @Being of Cacophony @Thaidakar the Ghostblood @Shadowed

@The Wandering Wizard @CalanoCorvus

There might be a meetup we wanna do sometime. Idk

On 3/26/2023 at 2:56 PM, Being of Cacophony said:

"Wouldn't that trap your power source in with Kaos? And then it could corrupt your source, which would probably lead to you getting Korrupted. The only thing that could trap them semi-permanently would be the crystal plan I should think. If it was a magic prison, Kaos could just corrupt it and get out."

Platypus shakes his head and starts fidgeting with his sword. 

"If I can get enough time, I could probably absorb enough power from things to fill this. Releasing it in a targeted stream could probably stun Emma for a little bit."

Suddenly Platypus' eyes go blank and he falls over backward.

On 3/26/2023 at 10:39 PM, xinoehp512 said:

"Do you think you could rift to a location... ugh, I'm not sure how to describe this. I have- sort of like, mental coordinates? It's like, I can point to where it is, but in more than three dimensions, if that makes sense."

@Thaidakar the Ghostblood

On 3/27/2023 at 8:11 AM, Shadowed said:

“Do we… contact the places that house them? Can they help? Or all they all evil, corrupted, like the Clinic?”

@xinoehp512

Matra ran over to Platypus. “Are you okay? Can you hear me?”

@Being of Cacophony

Thaidakar nodded, looking at X, "I think I can do it. I can certainly try to receive the coordinates. And there might-" He noticed Platypus had fell. Thaidakar rushed to Platypus's side and looked over him. He put two fingers on Platypus's wrist, trying to feel a pulse. 

15 hours ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Death howled with laughter again, "I would have her soul, young raven. Would I not? Would I not be torturing her for all eternity if she was dead?"

@CalanoCorvus

Mysterious Forest Path

"I can only assume you would," Calano said, fatigue slowly spreading outward in his body as the adrenaline wore off, "Wizard warned me this forest would haunt me using my demons. That they would lie, and cheat, do anything to stop me."

He shook his head, trying to keep his energy, trying to stay alert.

"I refuse to believe my wife still lives. Do not give me that hope, specter of Death. Even if she did still live, she would not be my wife. My wife died long before I killed her."

He dashed forward with a burst of speed, and spun, swinging down on Death with both swords.

23 hours ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Insa made a face. "I still think we should let them choose what they want to do." She looked closely at Bookwyrm expression.

Saar?

What do you want?

Well if you're gonna be like then forget I tried to ask you anything. "But I trust you so if you think this is what we need to do then let's go with that."

WAIT! Don't make important decisions without me! I used to be an important part of these processes.

Well first you were too late. Second things are different and are going to be different. Get used to it.

..... I like the old way better,

Too bad. 

Edited by InfiniteInsanity

On 3/27/2023 at 9:11 AM, Shadowed said:

“Do we… contact the places that house them? Can they help? Or all they all evil, corrupted, like the Clinic?”

@xinoehp512

Matra ran over to Platypus. “Are you okay? Can you hear me?”

@Being of Cacophony

11 hours ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Thaidakar nodded, looking at X, "I think I can do it. I can certainly try to receive the coordinates. And there might-" He noticed Platypus had fell. Thaidakar rushed to Platypus's side and looked over him. He put two fingers on Platypus's wrist, trying to feel a pulse. 

dang, I had a reply typed up, but my computer restarted :P That's annoying. Now I have to remember what I was saying :( And there isn't a feeling of a pulse in Platypus' wrist, so... have Thaidakar take it as you will :D There are other signs of life that he could search for though.

Platypus' Mind: Subconscious Section

"Shrai! What did you do to me?"

"That wasn't me. I'd think you'd know that I can't influence you while you're in control. Plus, we agreed. You're in charge, but you listen to me. If I had something to say, I would have done it there."

"Then... Who was it? Could your Blade have been Korrupted?"

"As far as I've seen, it can't be Korrupted. It hasn't been tested against a Kaos avatar though, so it's possible. But even if it could, it couldn't knock you out."

"Okay. Look for what it could've been, and tell me if you find anything."

28 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

Platypus' Mind: Subconscious Section

"Shrai! What did you do to me?"

"That wasn't me. I'd think you'd know that I can't influence you while you're in control. Plus, we agreed. You're in charge, but you listen to me. If I had something to say, I would have done it there."

"Then... Who was it? Could your Blade have been Korrupted?"

"As far as I've seen, it can't be Korrupted. It hasn't been tested against a Kaos avatar though, so it's possible. But even if it could, it couldn't knock you out."

"Okay. Look for what it could've been, and tell me if you find anything."

Thaidakar cursed under his breath, "No pulse. Though, that doesn't always mean no life..." Thaidakar began trying to sense if Platypus's mind was working with his powers. Red energy swirled in front of him as Thaid concentrated.

49 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Mysterious Forest Path

"I can only assume you would," Calano said, fatigue slowly spreading outward in his body as the adrenaline wore off, "Wizard warned me this forest would haunt me using my demons. That they would lie, and cheat, do anything to stop me."

"No, he never said that they wouldn't lie or cheat. Just that you would be faced by your demons."

49 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

He shook his head, trying to keep his energy, trying to stay alert.

"I refuse to believe my wife still lives. Do not give me that hope, specter of Death. Even if she did still live, she would not be my wife. My wife died long before I killed her."

He dashed forward with a burst of speed, and spun, swinging down on Death with both swords.

A maniac fire lit in the wolf's eyes as the fight began again.

His scythe staff began to twirl, deflecting the swords to the side. The blade sung through the air as it sliced the air, heading toward's Calano's gut.

@CalanoCorvus

16 hours ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

There was...was one thing she could do. 

Softly she stroked Wizard's blood matted fur, tears still falling from her big violet eyes. 

"I'm sorry Wizard. This is what must be done."

Grasping the bond between each other with invisible hands. She poured all of the light of her soul into it. Just leaving a tiny particle of light among the sea of darkness. 

Slowly the warmth returned to Wizard and his blue eyes flashed open. 

Groaning softly Wizard managed to croak, "Emma is that you?"

A small smile of relief cracked her face as a few last tears dripped onto Wizard's fur. "Yes, it's me Wizzie."

Emma reached down and picked up Wizard, carrying him piggy back style home.

But from that moment the darkness hunted the light, seeking to extinguish what little was left.

The memory ended and Wizard shivered, cold sweat coating his fur. 

Shaking violently he tried to expell the water, but it refused to leave his fur. Already he felt it begining to freeze as the cold dread clutched at his heart. She was nearly here.

18 hours ago, The Bookwyrm said:

"Yeah, all of it. It's a magic book."

Bookwyrm flipped through the pages.

"There's a small desert planet called Refnet in a dwarf galaxy at the fringes of a universe not too far from here," Bookwyrm said. "The caverns underneath the planets dunes hold a vibrant biosphere sustained by an internal water cycle. It's completely remote, never even been visited; whoever gathered this information did so simply by watching it through dimensional sight."

He snapped his book closed and summoned a large Wyrmhole that towered over them. A warm, dry wind blew through it. 

"Lead all of them through here. We'll find a cave where they could live for months - maybe years - on their own, then try to re-group and plan our next steps."

He sighed. Really, it's all up to Calano. Whatever he does on the Path will determine our next steps - and ultimately, our fates. And some of us have latent Kaos inside us. Me and Insa specifically.

I don't really know what we're going to do next.

Have trust.

Bookwyrm's head snapped up. You again?

Yes.

You know, I really would like an introduction one of these times.

Get to Refnet. Make sure the patients are safe. And then I promise I'll answer your questions, my friend. You deserve a long explanation.

Bookwyrm smiled slightly.

He looked around the frozen landscape one last time.

For some reason he got the feeling that this wouldn't be the last time he saw Earth in the near future...

@InfiniteInsanity @Aes Sedai @Ati16 @Nameless*

Refnet

Ati stepped through the wyrmhole and suddenly he was in a desert, with sand blowing against his face. "Well this is pleasant." Ati said, shielding his face against the sand. "Didn't you say there were some kind of caverns here?" He asked Bookwyrm.

@Nameless*, @Aes Sedai, @The Bookwyrm, @InfiniteInsanity

40 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Thaidakar cursed under his breath, "No pulse. Though, that doesn't always mean no life..." Thaidakar began trying to sense if Platypus's mind was working with his powers. Red energy swirled in front of him as Thaid concentrated.

well... I meant breath and such, but that works too.

Platypus' Mind: Conscious Section

Red energy fills Platypus' vision as he makes his way back into the conscious mind. Prodding at it, he can't get it out of his sight. So he strikes at it. Teal and silver energy mixes with the red energy, thrusting it out of his mind. Platypus fills his mind with silver energy swirling next to teal energy as he retreats into his mind, fortifying it as he goes.

if you're wondering, Platypus has a lot of experience in keeping people out of his brain when he's unconsious, he's just not good at it while conscious, that's why the Shrai does it for him. It will be very difficult to bypass the defenses, but Thaidakar could definitely take it as Platypus' brain working.

23 minutes ago, Ati16 said:

Refnet

Ati stepped through the wyrmhole and suddenly he was in a desert, with sand blowing against his face. "Well this is pleasant." Ati said, shielding his face against the sand. "Didn't you say there were some kind of caverns here?" He asked Bookwyrm.

@Nameless*, @Aes Sedai, @The Bookwyrm, @InfiniteInsanity

Refnet

Bookwyrm stepped through the Wyrmhole onto the sandy dunes. The sky was a vivid, cloudless blue, and a single white sun hung in the sky. A small moon with a cracked surface hovered near the horizon, and a larger one appeared as a crescent higher in the sky. 

A group of the patients followed behind him, covering their faces from the blowing sand.

"Yeah," Bookwyrm said. "The coordinates I chose were close to an entrance." He pointed to a rock formation sticking out of the sands like an island in an ocean. It was probably a few minutes' walk away. "We'll find some kind of passage on that rock that leads to the subterranean caverns. There should be plenty of water and food down there."

Just now, Being of Cacophony said:

Platypus' Mind: Conscious Section

Red energy fills Platypus' vision as he makes his way back into the conscious mind. Prodding at it, he can't get it out of his sight. So he strikes at it. Teal and silver energy mixes with the red energy, thrusting it out of his mind. Platypus fills his mind with silver energy swirling next to teal energy as he retreats into his mind, fortifying it as he goes.

Thaidakar nodded, "Good, he's still in there... Or, someone is..."