Insanity Clinic For The Moderately Brandofandonitis Afflicted

Medium

2 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Where are we? And who is left?"

Lark looked around at the dark forest. "I'm not sure where this is. As for who is left... Thaidakar, Nameless, Rue, X, Telrao, Insa, Platypus. Perhaps a few others that I'm forgetting."

Just now, Nameless* said:

Lark looked around at the dark forest. "I'm not sure where this is. As for who is left... Thaidakar, Nameless, Rue, X, Telrao, Insa, Platypus. Perhaps a few others that I'm forgetting."

"And our goal is to convert them, right?"

12 hours ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Calano did feel something. But it was small, and he would not allow himself to hope: His Intent was to suade all to the Light.

But… wasn’t hope part of the Light?

Calano wanted so desperately to believe that the being in front of him was his wife, but… the still present humanity in him couldn’t accept that.

”I want to,” He whispered, “I wish it was you. I wish with every fiber of my being that it was you.”

Calano looked down at her.

”But I don’t know. I have no way of knowing if you’re her, or just another trick.” He said.

Emma reached for Calano and slapped him across the face.

"It is me," whispered a stung Emma. "It is me."

Gently she rested her hand on where she slapped him. "I wish you'd come back to me. I miss you, Calanie. I really do."

@CalanoCorvus

1 hour ago, Kajsa :) said:

Whoops… idk how to fix that. Anyways, lovely. I shall begin on Monday if that suits y’all

If monday works for you, then it works for us! Glad to have you! :D

Edited by The Wandering Wizard

50 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

"Convert them if we can, kill them if we can't."

50 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

TAAron shivered. "Alright. We'll be going?"

Bookwyrm nodded. "I suppose." He looked up at the sky, not at anything in particular. 

It's all coming to a head...

And are you on the right side?

Bookwyrm jumped and looked around.

Who said that?

You already know.

What? What do you mean?

No response. He shuddered.

"Sorry," he said, turning to Lark and TAAron. "I'm fine. Just...thinking."

Just now, The Bookwyrm said:

Bookwyrm nodded. "I suppose." He looked up at the sky, not at anything in particular. 

It's all coming to a head...

And are you on the right side?

Bookwyrm jumped and looked around.

Who said that?

You already know.

What? What do you mean?

No response. He shuddered.

"Sorry," he said, turning to Lark and TAAron. "I'm fine. Just...thinking."

TAAron stared at him. "Do you hear a voice?"

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"I hear one too... sometimes." He still had a strangely haunted look in his eyes.

Bookwyrm stood silent for a moment.

"I've never heard this voice before," he said. "And many people have spoken to my mind. This one was new.

"...And also the oldest and most familiar of them all..."

Earth

A voice spoke in Insa's head.

Young one. I need your help.

@InfiniteInsanity

Just now, The Bookwyrm said:

Bookwyrm stood silent for a moment.

"I've never heard this voice before," he said. "And many people have spoken to my mind. This one was new.

"...And also the oldest and most familiar of them all..."

Earth

A voice spoke in Insa's head.

Young one. I need your help.

@InfiniteInsanity

"I've heard mine for... I don't know how long it's been." He shook his head violently. "It shouldn't matter."

3 minutes ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

Earth

Insa's eyes widened.

You aren't Saar...

Earth

Saar...so that is her name. You'll have to introduce us later.

My name is Astwyr. A god of Stars, of Time, and of Dragons. I was born of the Alignment so that I could help the Worldseer in his endeavors in these realms. Realms of gods, and of paragons.

This Worldseer, not just a Worldseer but the Worldseer, is Bookwyrm. I have the same relationship with him as you have with your Saar, and that many others in your group have with their gods.

Despite the brightness of the star that is Bookwyrm's soul, Kaos has overridden his will and tinted that star's light so that he must serve that dark god. 

You once suffered the same fate. But Bookwyrm expended some of his light to create a constellation in your mind, shielding your soul. The darkness is still in you, and will remain until the defeat of Kaos. But the pure light of your soul, strengthened by his, gives you a way out.

You need to do the same to him.

7 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"I've heard mine for... I don't know how long it's been." He shook his head violently. "It shouldn't matter."

Dark Mysterious Forest

Bookwyrm stood there for a moment.

"Perhaps."

2 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Earth

Saar...so that is her name. You'll have to introduce us later.

My name is Astwyr. A god of Stars, of Time, and of Dragons. I was born of the Alignment so that I could help the Worldseer in his endeavors in these realms. Realms of gods, and of paragons.

This Worldseer, not just a Worldseer but the Worldseer, is Bookwyrm. I have the same relationship with him as you have with your Saar, and that many others in your group have with their gods.

Despite the brightness of the star that is Bookwyrm's soul, Kaos has overridden his will and tinted that star's light so that he must serve that dark god. 

You once suffered the same fate. But Bookwyrm expended some of his light to create a constellation in your mind, shielding your soul. The darkness is still in you, and will remain until the defeat of Kaos. But the pure light of your soul, strengthened by his, gives you a way out.

You need to do the same to him.

Earth

I... I don't know how.

And Saar won't help me. She doesn't like Bookwyrm.

2 minutes ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

Earth

I... I don't know how.

And Saar won't help me. She doesn't like Bookwyrm.

Earth

I will teach you. And you won't need your god's help.

When you next meet him, start by sending a lance of light at his mind. Lighting, in your case. Then reach out to me.

I will guide you from there.

4 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"What do you mean, 'Perhaps?' What is this voice to you?"

Dark Mysterious Forest

"It feels like...myself."

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"And what is it telling you?"

Dark Mysterious Forest

"That...something is wrong. Horribly wrong. With who I am right now and what I'm doing."

1 minute ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

Earth

Okay.

Earth

Don't be afraid, child. The future has light in it. I can see it...only faintly, but the light is there.

Hold fast to those you love. They're the key to surviving this.

The presence faded from Insa's mind.

2 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Dark Mysterious Forest

"That...something is wrong. Horribly wrong. With who I am right now and what I'm doing."

He frowned. "Mine tells me... that it is not over yet, for me. Do you understand that? How could it be over? I've... found something so grand..." He looked Bookwyrm in the eyes. "Do you believe yours?"

1 minute ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

He frowned. "Mine tells me... that it is not over yet, for me. Do you understand that? How could it be over? I've... found something so grand..." He looked Bookwyrm in the eyes. "Do you believe yours?"

"That....I can't answer that question." Bookwyrm looked at his hands. "The voice is me. It's not a matter of belief, it's of knowledge.

"But I'm here now. Kaos has shown me the way. Released me...right?"

3 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

"That....I can't answer that question." Bookwyrm looked at his hands. "The voice is me. It's not a matter of belief, it's of knowledge.

"But I'm here now. Kaos has shown me the way. Released me...right?"

"You are doubtful?" TAAron continued to stare, very uncertain as to how to feel.

2 hours ago, Nameless* said:

Earth

Nameless sighed. "Why does Calano need our help?"

@Being of Cacophony

The (now dark) Mysterious Forest

Lark hesitated. "Calano has fully ascended? That is unfortunate." He wrote some more on his clipboard. "What should we do? Same as before, I suppose. What else can we do?" He glanced around. "Where's TAAron? I have a job for him."

@The Aspiring Archivist

Earth

"Well, I don't think that Calano is going to want to fight Kaos and all it's minions, so I think it's our job to keep those occupied." Platypus turned to the rest of the group. "Do any of you have weapons that could help? I'm trying to get all this working as much as possible before waking Thaidakar and getting his input."