Insanity Clinic For The Moderately Brandofandonitis Afflicted

Medium

3 hours ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Thaidakar grinned, "That, my friend, is just what we need. For other things, do you know if you can defeat Emma herself?"

Calanos grin faded.

”I’m afraid I’m going in blind,” Calano said, “Blinded by love, grief, and hope. Poetic as it may sound, that’s the truth. I don’t know how I’ll defeat her. I don’t want her dead, I want her to come back to me, back to the light.”

Calano sat down. “But I don’t know how to do that,” He whispered.

46 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

Earth

Nameless frowned. "Do be careful though. Killing me could take you out of the fight as well."

Earth

"Noted," Rue said. She hesitated for a moment, then sighed. "If you need to link...just this once, to stop Kaos, you can."

Just now, Edema Ruh said:

Earth

"Noted," Rue said. She hesitated for a moment, then sighed. "If you need to link...just this once, to stop Kaos, you can."

Earth

Nameless shook his head. "Only if we have to. Working separately will probably be more effective anyways."

On 5/1/2023 at 6:37 PM, CalanoCorvus said:

Calanos grin faded.

”I’m afraid I’m going in blind,” Calano said, “Blinded by love, grief, and hope. Poetic as it may sound, that’s the truth. I don’t know how I’ll defeat her. I don’t want her dead, I want her to come back to me, back to the light.”

Calano sat down. “But I don’t know how to do that,” He whispered.

Thaidakar walked towards Calano and sat down beside him, "I have an idea, my friend... What if you trapped Emma? Not destroyed, but captured? The same way with the Thrill in Oathbringer?"

1 hour ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Thaidakar walked towards Calano and sat down beside him, "I have an idea, my friend... What if you trapped Emma? Not destroyed, but captured? The same way with the Thrill in Oathbringer?"

Calano looked down.

”I tried that once,” He said, “With the Nethergrim. I don’t want to do that again. It’s a miracle she forgave me after that.”

Calano looked up at Thaidakar.

”I will not turn to that solution first,” He said, “But I will remember it as a last resort.”

2 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"What exactly will everything look like? Once this is over."

Emma smiled and happily sighed, "People will be free to live their lives, but there will be no wars and no violence. People will be incapable of violence and so will all other beings."

2 hours ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Emma smiled and happily sighed, "People will be free to live their lives, but there will be no wars and no violence. People will be incapable of violence and so will all other beings."

"What will they be capable of?"

On 5/4/2023 at 5:14 PM, CalanoCorvus said:

Calano looked down.

”I tried that once,” He said, “With the Nethergrim. I don’t want to do that again. It’s a miracle she forgave me after that.”

Calano looked up at Thaidakar.

”I will not turn to that solution first,” He said, “But I will remember it as a last resort.”

Thaidakar nodded, a faint smile on his face. "Calano, there is... another thing. Perhaps, just perhaps, there is a way to sever her from her bond to the Kaos. A gentling, you could say. A shield in the way of another bond being made. It wouldn't damage Emma, I'd think." 

A shadow nearby flickered. Or, Shadow nearby flickered in shadow form. The being had been watching the entire time. It was soon to reveal itself... and reveal the threat that would come once Kaos was defeated.

16 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Thaidakar nodded, a faint smile on his face. "Calano, there is... another thing. Perhaps, just perhaps, there is a way to sever her from her bond to the Kaos. A gentling, you could say. A shield in the way of another bond being made. It wouldn't damage Emma, I'd think." 

A shadow nearby flickered. Or, Shadow nearby flickered in shadow form. The being had been watching the entire time. It was soon to reveal itself... and reveal the threat that would come once Kaos was defeated.

Calano raised an eyebrow, his glow increasing slightly. “Explain.”

On 5/7/2023 at 7:53 AM, CalanoCorvus said:

Calano raised an eyebrow, his glow increasing slightly. “Explain.”

"Calano, with your powers as Creator, you could potentially form a wedge with your powers. Let me explain it like this, do you know the world of the series, the Wheel of Time? There is a method there called Gentling which forms a barrier in-between the Aes Sedai and the One Power. In a method similar to that, you can perhaps form a barrier in Emma's mind from touching Kaos." Thaidakar was pacing back and forth now. "Calano, we can test this theory with one of the Corrupted. Someone else that's been corrupted by Kaos, but isn't as dangerous as Emma. If it can work, it is one of our best opportunities to defeat Emma without harming her, which I'm sure you greatly appreciate."

Been a hot minute, eh?

On 4/27/2023 at 3:34 PM, CalanoCorvus said:

Sea of Pure Light

Calanos eyes opened, his eyes glowing white with Light.

He shouted, Light entering his body, fusing with his Intent and Identity, transforming him into the Creator.

”It burns!” He shouted, beggining to falter.

Concentrate! The old Creator shouted.

Do not give up! Let it flow! Give in to the Light!

Calano grit his teeth, screaming. His fingernails dug into his palms, drawing blood. Blood that was slowly bleeding white; it was a light pink now.

The blood of a new Creator.

The vortex had sucked up most of the sea, there was just a small puddle below him. He slowly sank down, absorbing more and more of the Light.

Eventually, he hit the floor, absorbing the last of it, body thrumming with energy. It hurt so bad.

”I don’t know if I… if I can…” He muttered.

The energy… the Light… it spoke to him.

Accept me.. Your mind is ready. Your soul is ready. Your body is ready.

Accept me.

Accept me!

Accept me!

Calano, somehow, opened his mind to the Light, shouting and gritting his teeth through the unbearable pain. He screamed, the blood flowing from his hands bleeding from pink to pure white.

And then Calano Saw. And Calano Knew. And Calano Felt, and he Was. The pain vanished, replaced by a gentle, healing warmth. The Light. Fully fused with his soul, melded into his being.

The Creator had been reborn.

@The Wandering Wizard

X gasped as crosses of light blazed suddenly into being all over his body.

Dark flame consumed him and he vanished.

X has been missing ever since the Creator ascended.

50 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

"Calano, with your powers as Creator, you could potentially form a wedge with your powers. Let me explain it like this, do you know the world of the series, the Wheel of Time? There is a method there called Gentling which forms a barrier in-between the Aes Sedai and the One Power. In a method similar to that, you can perhaps form a barrier in Emma's mind from touching Kaos." Thaidakar was pacing back and forth now. "Calano, we can test this theory with one of the Corrupted. Someone else that's been corrupted by Kaos, but isn't as dangerous as Emma. If it can work, it is one of our best opportunities to defeat Emma without harming her, which I'm sure you greatly appreciate."

Calano stared, eyes wide, at Thaidakar.

A chance… to save her?

To bring back his beloved?

Calano sat down on the ground. This was… incredible.

”How does it work?” He asked, “What are the effects of it?”

57 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

5 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

A chance… to save her?

Insa walked over. "That's what Bookwyrm did with me! Though its weakened a decent amount since he's been corrupted. But it works! Its what I was asked to do for him too. I don't think there are any effects. Not that I've noticed."

7 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

A chance… to save her?

"I'm sure that Nameless and Rue can tell you more than I ever could, I only having spent a little time on that world, but... on Aes Sedai women who were gentled, they had to find a purpose to keep living after being removed from the power. However, as Emma isn't naturally a Kaos user, there shouldn't be too much of an effect. It's really just shoving a weave in-between the power and the user. Blocking the flow of the river, really." Thaidakar kept pacing, thoughts flowing. "I don't know too many specifics besides what I've told you. Perhaps I could lend Callandor to Nameless and he could assist you with it. Potentially, I could use it too, but it would be safer for someone more practiced to use it." A smile quirked on his face as he thought of Rue and Nameless.

Just now, InfiniteInsanity said:

Insa walked over. "That's what Bookwyrm did with me! Though its weakened a decent amount since he's been corrupted. But it works! Its what I was asked to do for him too. I don't think there are any effects. Not that I've noticed."

Thaidakar grinned, "That's spectacular. So it can work-"

Just now, CalanoCorvus said:

Calano sat, breathing heavily.

Tears formed in his eyes.

He stood, rushed over to Thaidakar, and hugged him.

”Thank you,” He muttered, “Thank you.

Thaidakar looked surprised, adjusting his glasses before hugging Calano back, "Anytime, my friend, anytime..."

1 minute ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

"I'm sure that Nameless and Rue can tell you more than I ever could, I only having spent a little time on that world, but... on Aes Sedai women who were gentled, they had to find a purpose to keep living after being removed from the power. However, as Emma isn't naturally a Kaos user, there shouldn't be too much of an effect. It's really just shoving a weave in-between the power and the user. Blocking the flow of the river, really." Thaidakar kept pacing, thoughts flowing. "I don't know too many specifics besides what I've told you. Perhaps I could lend Callandor to Nameless and he could assist you with it. Potentially, I could use it too, but it would be safer for someone more practiced to use it." A smile quirked on his face as he thought of Rue and Nameless.

Thaidakar grinned, "That's spectacular. So it can work-"

Thaidakar looked surprised, adjusting his glasses before hugging Calano back, "Anytime, my friend, anytime..."

Calano separated himself from Thaidakar.

“You’ve done something wonderful today, Thaidakar,” He said, “Even though I’m a god, I felt very little hope; I worried I would have to kill Emma. You’ve given me hope again, my friend.”

Calano smiled. “Thank you.”

Calano separated himself from Thaidakar.

“You’ve done something wonderful today, Thaidakar,” He said, “Even though I’m a god, I felt very little hope; I worried I would have to kill Emma. You’ve given me hope again, my friend.”

Calano smiled. “Thank you.”

The scholarly soulless smiled softly, adjusting his glasses again more out of habit than anything, "I'm glad I could help. Now... the other drifting ones should arrive soon." Thaidakar smoothed his robe as the power swirled in his head. If the power had its way, Calano would be dead and Thaidakar would be killing everyone in his path. Luckily, he was able to hold himself back from being consumed by the power. There was a faint buzzing nearby and Thaidakar muttered a curse. Glyph... He shook his head slowly, turning to the small pattern on the ground and muttered, "Of course you're here..."

28 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

The scholarly soulless smiled softly, adjusting his glasses again more out of habit than anything, "I'm glad I could help. Now... the other drifting ones should arrive soon." Thaidakar smoothed his robe as the power swirled in his head. If the power had its way, Calano would be dead and Thaidakar would be killing everyone in his path. Luckily, he was able to hold himself back from being consumed by the power. There was a faint buzzing nearby and Thaidakar muttered a curse. Glyph... He shook his head slowly, turning to the small pattern on the ground and muttered, "Of course you're here..."

Earth

Nameless walked over to Calano and Thaidakar. "Thaidakar, I will not use Callandor in this battle. It would be far too dangerous." He hesitated. "Also, severing doesn't work the way you described. You can shield a Channeler by putting a weave between them and the Source, but severing requires cutting their connection to it. You don't leave a weave in the way. Also..." He shrugged apologetically. "you generally need to be much more powerful than the person you're severing. You have to at least be able to subdue them."

@CalanoCorvus 

2 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

Earth

Nameless walked over to Calano and Thaidakar. "Thaidakar, I will not use Callandor in this battle. It would be far too dangerous." He hesitated. "Also, severing doesn't work the way you described. You can shield a Channeler by putting a weave between them and the Source, but severing requires cutting their connection to it. You don't leave a weave in the way. Also..." He shrugged apologetically. "you generally need to be much more powerful than the person you're severing. You have to at least be able to subdue them."

@CalanoCorvus 

“Ah, but I am more powerful than her,” He said, “You see, she is just an avatar for a higher being, just a pawn. I hold all the Light of the Creator; I am the Creator.”

Thaidakar blinked, "Well, there's my point. I don't know everything about how it works. On the point of being more powerful, that's why I suggested getting someone else to assist. Perhaps for that I could assist with the powers that are granted to me by the Entity that seems to want me as their champion. Calano, you could also be hampered in your severing by the fact that you do not want to harm Emma, so therefore on the event of Emma somehow convincing you to do otherwise, someone else can assist you to do what needs to be done, for Emma's and the universe's good." He continued to pace back and forth, "The theory is quite interesting to me..."

3 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

“Ah, but I am more powerful than her,” He said, “You see, she is just an avatar for a higher being, just a pawn. I hold all the Light of the Creator; I am the Creator.”

Not anymore :P

She is the Kaos, just reminding you incase you didn't know, but that's probably just Calano's belief that she isn't blinding him. 

4 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Thaidakar blinked, "Well, there's my point. I don't know everything about how it works. On the point of being more powerful, that's why I suggested getting someone else to assist. Perhaps for that I could assist with the powers that are granted to me by the Entity that seems to want me as their champion. Calano, you could also be hampered in your severing by the fact that you do not want to harm Emma, so therefore on the event of Emma somehow convincing you to do otherwise, someone else can assist you to do what needs to be done, for Emma's and the universe's good." He continued to pace back and forth, "The theory is quite interesting to me..."

“There’s a universe,” Calano said, “Similar to the Cosmere. It’s called the Koverse. The way exchanges or shares of power works there, at least for this context, is that power can only be guided and used using it’s Agency and Ideals and that of the wielder. The wielder of the power cannot use the power of it goes against the powers Ideals. But, there’s a way to bypass this. As Shards are, people who wield massive amounts of power in the Koverse are limited by what they can use it with. But, if they combine their Ideals, and the Ideals of the power, with the Agency of one who has little or no power, they can bypass the restrictions placed on themselves. The weak partner has to do this willingly. As the Creator, I can incorporate elements of other universes into my power. Perhaps we could use this.”

These are power rules I created for my universe :]

The one where Verdur takes place

7 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Not anymore :P

She is the Kaos, just reminding you incase you didn't know, but that's probably just Calano's belief that she isn't blinding him.

Okay. This should be fun.

7 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

“There’s a universe,” Calano said, “Similar to the Cosmere. It’s called the Koverse. The way exchanges or shares of power works there, at least for this context, is that power can only be guided and used using it’s Agency and Ideals and that of the wielder. The wielder of the power cannot use the power of it goes against the powers Ideals. But, there’s a way to bypass this. As Shards are, people who wield massive amounts of power in the Koverse are limited by what they can use it with. But, if they combine their Ideals, and the Ideals of the power, with the Agency of one who has little or no power, they can bypass the restrictions placed on themselves. The weak partner has to do this willingly. As the Creator, I can incorporate elements of other universes into my power. Perhaps we could use this.”

"interesting..." He rubbed his chin. "I can potentially assist you in severing Emma from the Kaos. We can use these rules to our advantages, probably..."