Insanity Clinic For The Moderately Brandofandonitis Afflicted

Medium

16 hours ago, Nameless* said:

Nameless frowned. "I don't think it works like turning. Even if we can't heal TAAron now, I'm sure we'll be able to heal him once Kaos is defeated."

Rue sighed. “So it is worth it to keep him alive? What’s he even doing?”

2 minutes ago, Edema Ruh said:

Rue sighed. “So it is worth it to keep him alive? What’s he even doing?”

Nameless squinted up at TAAron, noticing the faint shimmer around him. “I think he’s in a time bubble. Slowing himself down, for some reason.” Tentatively, he wove Earth and threw a small piece of rock into the area around TAAron.

@The Aspiring Archivist

On 6/21/2023 at 6:42 AM, Nameless* said:

Nameless squinted up at TAAron, noticing the faint shimmer around him. “I think he’s in a time bubble. Slowing himself down, for some reason.” Tentatively, he wove Earth and threw a small piece of rock into the area around TAAron.

@The Aspiring Archivist

Indeed, the rock also froze in the air, several feet away from him.

@Nameless*

@Edema Ruh

Edited by The Aspiring Archivist

hello prospective player!!

id recommend watching from the sidelines for now: we’re currently in the climax battle of season 1.

said battle and aftermath will occur, there will be a short break, and i will launch season 2 in a new thread. new players will be able to join at that point, but for now i think it’d be hard to squeeze you in somehow.

also, it’s good to see you again, echo. how’s life been treating you?

i’ll let you know :)

but read along with the final battle!! it’ll be a whopper of a fight.

im also doing quite good. i’m medicated for depression and anxiety now, and i’ve been in a steady relationship with my beloved girlfriend for over a year now. so i’m doing pretty good, thanks for asking :)

ooh heck yea i definitely will

thats good that youre taking steps for anxiety and depression - ik far too many ppl who dont do anything and just let themselves suffer

and a girlfriend omg thats amazing

glad youre doing well

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Scars of Hathsin said:

Hey @CalanoCorvus

Could you tell me when you start the second season, I have scrolled through and it looks so cool

glad to hear we have another prospective player on our hands :)

i’ll let you know. keep an eye out for Season Two. as soon as we finish the battle.

which will happen once people reply.

which will happen when they have time. 

…wizard

glad to hear we have another prospective player on our hands :)

i’ll let you know. keep an eye out for Season Two. as soon as we finish the battle.

which will happen once people reply.

which will happen when they have time. 

…wizard

I'm going home today so I should have some time today and from there on to reply.

Ready for the trauma? >:)

Power warbled through the air as the sinuous figure of the Soulless, also known as a dragon, Thaidakar, glowing bright yet dark red, contrasting the other dragons flowing through the air around him. "Are you done yet?" He asked dryly. "We're on a timetable for this, and if you two could assist me and the Drifted ones in assaulting the other parts of the defense, that would be great."

@InfiniteInsanity @The Bookwyrm

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/13/2023 at 7:02 PM, CalanoCorvus said:

The Study

Calano looked at Emma, saw the dress she was wearing, and grit his teeth.

”Don’t call me that,” He said, “Not until I’m certain that you are again my raven.”

He did not dismiss his Lightsword, nor did he sit opposite his wife. He stood, alert, untrusting.

”It doesn’t have to be this way, Emma,” Calano said, “I’m a god. I can help you. I can purge the Dark from you. I have the power, the Light of the Creator, to bring balance once more, and defeat Kaos.”

“I know…” Calano said, voice catching, “I know you’re there somewhere. I know my wife is still there.”

He held up his hand, showing the ring.

”This is not yet broken,” He said, “So I still hold hope.”

Emma laughed, the cold amused sound echoing through the chamber. "You can not purge the dark from me, for I AM THE DARKNESS!" As her voice reached a crescendo, the wedding rings shattered.

"There's no need to keep up the illusion now." Emma's expression became merciless and her eyes cold. "I never loved you Calano. I was infatuated for a bit, yes. But it didn't last. I never told you because back then I didn't want to hurt you. But now...now the darkness demands the truth be given. You were never my crow. Nor was I meant to be yours or you meant to be mine." 

Emma turned slightly away, hiding a single tear that she quickly blinked away.

@CalanoCorvus

Ouch that hurt to write xD

1 hour ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Emma laughed, the cold amused sound echoing through the chamber. "You can not purge the dark from me, for I AM THE DARKNESS!" As her voice reached a crescendo, the wedding rings shattered.

"There's no need to keep up the illusion now." Emma's expression became merciless and her eyes cold. "I never loved you Calano. I was infatuated for a bit, yes. But it didn't last. I never told you because back then I didn't want to hurt you. But now...now the darkness demands the truth be given. You were never my crow. Nor was I meant to be yours or you meant to be mine." 

Emma turned slightly away, hiding a single tear that she quickly blinked away.

@CalanoCorvus

Calano watched the pieces of his shattered ring fade to nothing, going back to the Spiritual energy from which they were made.

His breath caught in his throat.

”Then why did you save me?” He said, his voice soft and weak, “Why did you almost get yourself killed, and almost destroy everything your brother and I worked so hard to create, so you could bring me back? If you didn’t love me then, then what purpose was served in saving me?”

He paused.

”Were the voices in that hellscape right? Was it your intent all along to use and manipulate me?”

He walked up to Emma, turning her head to face him.

”If what we had was wrong, then why did you stand by my side all that time, even after what I did?”

Calano put both hands on her cheeks.

”How can you throw that away?” He whispered, “Like it was nothing?”

55 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Calano watched the pieces of his shattered ring fade to nothing, going back to the Spiritual energy from which they were made.

His breath caught in his throat.

”Then why did you save me?” He said, his voice soft and weak, “Why did you almost get yourself killed, and almost destroy everything your brother and I worked so hard to create, so you could bring me back? If you didn’t love me then, then what purpose was served in saving me?”

He paused.

”Were the voices in that hellscape right? Was it your intent all along to use and manipulate me?”

He walked up to Emma, turning her head to face him.

”If what we had was wrong, then why did you stand by my side all that time, even after what I did?”

Calano put both hands on her cheeks.

”How can you throw that away?” He whispered, “Like it was nothing?”

Emma casually brushed his hands off her face.

"Because it was nothing," she hissed out. "I only needed you to return to draw out the Light. That's all."

@CalanoCorvus

Edited by The Wandering Wizard

10 hours ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Emma casually brushed his hands off her face.

"Because it was nothing," she hissed out. "I only needed you to return to draw out the Light. That's all."

@CalanoCorvus

Calano stared into his wife’s face as she avoided his gaze.

”I don’t want to do this,” He said softly, “But you leave me no choice.”

He stepped back, summoning again his Lightsword. He entered a defensive stance, and his body began to glow with Light, an unseen wind making his coat and hair flutter upwards slightly.

”Come now,” He said, a single tear falling down his cheek, “Better to not waste time.”

@The Wandering Wizard

On 8/3/2023 at 7:57 AM, CalanoCorvus said:

Calano stared into his wife’s face as she avoided his gaze.

”I don’t want to do this,” He said softly, “But you leave me no choice.”

He stepped back, summoning again his Lightsword. He entered a defensive stance, and his body began to glow with Light, an unseen wind making his coat and hair flutter upwards slightly.

”Come now,” He said, a single tear falling down his cheek, “Better to not waste time.”

@The Wandering Wizard

Emma's eyes flashed onyx black and darkness rippled from her. Her hair blew back in an unseen breeze and a longsword rippling with darkness fell into her waiting hands.

Her seemingly soulless eyes stared at Calano and she bit off one last vengeful barb, "as you wish,  my crow."

@CalanoCorvus

On 7/13/2023 at 9:06 PM, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Power warbled through the air as the sinuous figure of the Soulless, also known as a dragon, Thaidakar, glowing bright yet dark red, contrasting the other dragons flowing through the air around him. "Are you done yet?" He asked dryly. "We're on a timetable for this, and if you two could assist me and the Drifted ones in assaulting the other parts of the defense, that would be great."

@InfiniteInsanity @The Bookwyrm

Near the Rampart

"Ah...Sorry. You're right."

Bookwyrm got to his feet, then looked to the top of the Rampart.

"A large portion of the army rests beyond this fortification," he said. "We can work to try and hold them back. Unless you'd need us anywhere else?"

As he spoke, a feeling of darkness came over him, and his mind was drawn towards the center of the battlefield. The center of the Dreamscape. A place where the soul of the Creator and the soul of Kaos were concentrated fully.

And something shifted.

No...

The fight is starting. It would be well for you to let him know that you are safe...give him Light. And Hope.

Bookwyrm reached out with his mind, and touched Calano's.

I'm back, he said. Don't lose hope. Whatever she said, all is not lost...

He sighed.

"Sorry. Just...taking care of something."

@CalanoCorvus @Thaidakar the Ghostblood @InfiniteInsanity