Insanity Clinic For The Moderately Brandofandonitis Afflicted

Medium

On 9/13/2023 at 5:16 PM, The Bookwyrm said:

Bookwyrm fell silent. He squeezed her hand.

"I don't know, Insa...I don't know." He closed his eyes. "I don't know what happens now."

Whenever you come, we'll be glad you're here.

"We made it through this though. We can probably make it through anything else. It can't get that much worse."

Insa was quiet for a moment. "I think it will be alright." 

Hey. 

What do you want? 

Calm down girl. I'm just checking in. 

Uh-huh. What do you want? 

Why would I lie to you? I want to know how you're doing.

I'm fine.

Wonderful! Ready to go?

See. Not just checking in. Never just checking in. Go where?

Home.

I am home. This is home now.

...So you're just never gonna go back?

Maybe eventually. But not now. I'm not ready for that.

But what's the point of staying here? Not much point in being here. They don't really need you're help with anything.

I want to be here though.

You actually care about the people here don't you?

Yeah. Why wouldn't I?

Nothing good ever happens for those people you care about remember? It's probably best if you just leave and forget. I can help you forget and move and do better more important things.

I... Shut up. Just go away. I want to be here.

"It'll be okay. At least eventually."

Edited by InfiniteInsanity

1 minute ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

"We made it through this though. We can probably make it through anything else. It can't get that much worse."

Insa was quiet for a moment. "I think it will be alright." 

Hey. 

What do you want? 

Calm down girl. I'm just checking in. 

Uh-huh. What do you want? 

Why would I lie to you? I want to know how you're doing.

I'm fine.

Wonderful! Ready to go?

See. Not just checking in. Never just checking in. Go where?

Home.

I am home. This is home now.

...So you're just gonna go back?

Maybe eventually. But not now. I'm not ready for that.

But what's the point of staying here? Not much point in being here. They don't really need you're help with anything.

I want to be here though.

You actually care about the people here don't you?

Yeah. Why wouldn't I?

Nothing good ever happens for those people you care about remember? It's probably best if you just leave and forget. I can help you forget and move and do better more important things.

I... Shut up. Just go away. I want to be here.

"It'll be okay. At least eventually."

Bookwyrm squeezed Insa's hand again.

He studied her face carefully, and reached out with his mind, slipping past her mental barriers.

He found the presence speaking to Insa. Carefully, he created a connection to it, then separated that connection from Insa's mind, leaving her unable to eavesdrop on the conversation.

So, he sent to Saar. Let's have a chat now, you and I.

8 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Bookwyrm squeezed Insa's hand again.

He studied her face carefully, and reached out with his mind, slipping past her mental barriers.

He found the presence speaking to Insa. Carefully, he created a connection to it, then separated that connection from Insa's mind, leaving her unable to eavesdrop on the conversation.

So, he sent to Saar. Let's have a chat now, you and I.

What do you want? And why should I even consider listening to you?

On 9/13/2023 at 9:58 PM, CalanoCorvus said:

“I am,” Calano responded, taking her hand.

”Everyone,” He said, interrupting their conversation, “Go to the clinic. Help the refugees settle in. Emma and I will go to finish this.”

Calano waved a hand. A portal opened on the other side of the room. Through it was the pristine, familiar lobby of the Clinic, with Bookwyrm and Insa in sight within.

”Lead the way, my love,” Calano said to Emma, squeezing her hand.

@Nameless* @The Wandering Wizard @The Aspiring Archivist @InfiniteInsanity @The Bookwyrm @Edema Ruh @Being of Cacophony

Emma nodded. Right just walk up and confront the Nethergrim. Right.

Emma licked her lips and made the portal infront of them. She shook as she walked towards the portal. 

@CalanoCorvus

1 hour ago, The Bookwyrm said:

I think you know what I mean, Bookwyrm said, tightening his grip. Why does your presence cause her such pain?

I want her to go home. And she's refusing. That's about all I know. She probably doesn't like the reason I have for why it's a good decision. But they're valid points. 

A look of concern spread across Insa's face. "Bookwyrm?"
Edited by InfiniteInsanity

11 hours ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Emma nodded. Right just walk up and confront the Nethergrim. Right.

Emma licked her lips and made the portal infront of them. She shook as she walked towards the portal. 

@CalanoCorvus

Calano gave her a comforting squeeze of the hand.

"Let the Light comfort you," He said, sensing her anxiety, "And me. I'm right here with you. Nothing will hurt you as long as I'm here."

@The Wandering Wizard

23 hours ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

I want her to go home. And she's refusing. That's about all I know. She probably doesn't like the reason I have for why it's a good decision. But they're valid points. 

I don't trust you to determine what's "valid" for her. This is her home now. Ask her and she'll tell you.

23 hours ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

A look of concern spread across Insa's face. "Bookwyrm?"

"What?" Bookwyrm said, his focus still on Saar.

On 9/17/2023 at 4:13 PM, The Bookwyrm said:

I don't trust you to determine what's "valid" for her. This is her home now. Ask her and she'll tell you.

"What?" Bookwyrm said, his focus still on Saar.

Oh she did. But she can't just forget the past again. I won't let her. She needs to face it. Or it will always come back to haunt her. Besides that the people she loves are here and I can't think of one time in her story so far where the benefits of her staying around people she loves has outweighed the amount of pain caused in the end. Its just better. Better for her. Better for everyone. 

...You know you could help me convince her.

"You okay?"

34 minutes ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

Oh she did. But she can't just forget the past again. I won't let her. She needs to face it. Or it will always come back to haunt her. Besides that the people she loves are here and I can't think of one time in her story so far where the benefits of her staying around people she loves has outweighed the amount of pain caused in the end. Its just better. Better for her. Better for everyone. 

...You know you could help me convince her.

I see how it is. You're too stubborn to change. I don't know your nature. I don't know what kind of being you are. But I am not for a moment believing that you truly have her best interests at heart.

We are surrounded by people with the power to change the passage of fate. We are allies with the Creator himself, now. If you still believe that we cannot change things, then for a being of your position you are incredibly shortsighted.

Things will change. If she's facing her past, it will be on her own terms. Not the terms you, in your misguided logic, think are correct.

37 minutes ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

"You okay?"

"Insa...I'm going to break your connection to Saar."

25 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

I see how it is. You're too stubborn to change. I don't know your nature. I don't know what kind of being you are. But I am not for a moment believing that you truly have her best interests at heart.

We are surrounded by people with the power to change the passage of fate. We are allies with the Creator himself, now. If you still believe that we cannot change things, then for a being of your position you are incredibly shortsighted.

Things will change. If she's facing her past, it will be on her own terms. Not the terms you, in your misguided logic, think are correct.

"Insa...I'm going to break your connection to Saar."

You can't stop me. I can be a constantly present presence in her mind combat everything you tell her. I can force her hand in so so many ways. She won't listen to you or any of them. She won't have a choice. And there's nothing you can do about it.

"You're going to what?"

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/16/2023 at 9:40 PM, CalanoCorvus said:

Calano gave her a comforting squeeze of the hand.

"Let the Light comfort you," He said, sensing her anxiety, "And me. I'm right here with you. Nothing will hurt you as long as I'm here."

@The Wandering Wizard

She smiled at Calano, "thank you love and as you wish."

She walked through the portal hand in hand with Calano. Ready to take on anything they might face, together.

@CalanoCorvus

Edited by The Wandering Wizard