Insanity Clinic For The Moderately Brandofandonitis Afflicted

Medium

General Gladius looked down at the maps grimly as commander Barus gave his report. "Calano and the Lady of Shadows have returned, and they're obliterating our troops throughout the clinic. We've lost control of sectors A, B, C, D, and W, and the others aren't far from it."

Gladius nodded, examining the maps carefully before speaking.

"We pull all of our forces back to this sector. Calano knows that he can retake as much of the clinic as he wants; as long as Lark has the treaty, everything else they do is for naught. Lark's protection's here will give our forces a better chance anyway."

1 hour ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Bookwyrm nodded solemnly.

"I understand. Can and will do." He turned to @Thaidakar the Ghostblood.

"Let's go."

He summoned a Wyrmhole that led to a hallway near Lark's desk.

The elite chicken guards patrolling the hallway attacked.

7 minutes ago, Nameless said:

The elite chicken guards patrolling the hallway attacked.

Bookwyrm dodged the first attack. He wasn't burning atium, but he could still see the future. The visions of hidden twin swords, the blood of a race of dragons, and the sight of the alignment of existence itself gave him bits and pieces that told him exactly how and where the chickens were going to strike.

From the pouch of infinite space on his belt, Bookwyrm pulled a long double edged sword. It's shape shifted as he fought, revealing it's many forms and the many metals from which it was forged. He parried, slashed, and stabbed. Feathers flew. 

As the first wave of chickens faded, Bookwyrm put the sword on a sheath that had appeared on his back and pulled out a magic staff and a large spellbook. Using the energy contained within each, he sent a blast of magic that knocked out the next group of assailants. 

Bookwyrm placed the staff on his back with his sword and his spellbook in a large leather bag that hung at his waist. Then he sent a mental message to Calano.

I've cleared the first hallway. Moving towards the head office.

Edited by The Bookwyrm

The chicken catapult was finished. Ranryu lashed the contraption to the roof and played sniper for a while, grabbing dead chickens and launching them, the near light-speed impact creating even more dead chickens. Hurry up guys. I'm getting bored here, and I don't know how long I can hold this position, she thought.

9 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Bookwyrm dodged the first attack. He wasn't burning atium, but he could still see the future. The visions of hidden twin swords, the blood of a race of dragons, and the sight of the alignment of existence itself gave him bits and pieces that told him exactly how and where the chickens were going to strike.

From the pouch of infinite space on his belt, Bookwyrm pulled a long double edged sword. It's shape shifted as he fought, revealing it's many forms and the many metals from which it was forged. He parried, slashed, and stabbed. Feathers flew. 

As the first wave of chickens faded, Bookwyrm put the sword on a sheath that had appeared on his back and pulled out a magic staff and a large spellbook. Using the energy contained within each, he sent a blast of magic that knocked out the next group of assailants. 

Bookwyrm placed the staff on his back with his sword and his spellbook in a large leather bag that hung at his waist. Then he sent a mental message to Calano.

A large group of chickens entered the hallway in front of Bookwyrm with spears raised, and dozens of multicolored dots appeared on his chest as invisible snipers took aim.

6 minutes ago, Ranryu said:

The chicken catapult was finished. Ranryu lashed the contraption to the roof and played sniper for a while, grabbing dead chickens and launching them, the near light-speed impact creating even more dead chickens. Hurry up guys. I'm getting bored here, and I don't know how long I can hold this position, she thought.

Suddenly, the chickens began pulling back, leaving Ranyru alone on the rooftop. The courtyard below her clearing out as well.

42 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Godspeed.

Calano continued to slaughter Chickens, taking Sectors X, Y, and Z.

Then he went backwards. V and the ones before that.

Taking more sectors.

General Gladius grunted as he looked over the casualty reports. "Could be worse. We lost less than a third of our forces. Has Lark been informed of the situation?"

The commander shook his head. "He's sealed his office doors. We won't be able to get through them in time."

"That's... unfortunate." Gladius examined the maps closely. "In that case, we have no choice. Bring out the Darkslayers and deploy them on the front lines."

Barus saluted, dashing off to pass on the orders. Soon, a group of chickens wearing strange armor approached, weapons tinged with a pure white light.

1 hour ago, Nameless said:

A large group of chickens entered the hallway in front of Bookwyrm with spears raised, and dozens of multicolored dots appeared on his chest as invisible snipers took aim.

Great.

Bookwyrm sent a mental message out to the others.

If anyone is near my position, I need some help.

With his future sight, he'd be able to dodge some of the sniper shots, but if there were enough, they'd put him in a checkmate. Bookwyrm stood still, analyzing the situation and waiting to see if anyone would answer him.

Just now, The Bookwyrm said:

Great.

Bookwyrm sent a mental message out to the others.

If anyone is near my position, I need some help.

With his future sight, he'd be able to dodge some of the sniper shots, but if there were enough, they'd put him in a checkmate. Bookwyrm stood still, analyzing the situation and waiting to see if anyone would answer him.

The sound of marching boots came from behind Bookwyrm, and another regiment of chickens marched around the corner, pinning Bookwyrm in.

17 minutes ago, Nameless said:

The sound of marching boots came from behind Bookwyrm, and another regiment of chickens marched around the corner, pinning Bookwyrm in.

Bookwyrm sent out a loud mental call.

I'm surrounded and pinned on all sides. I need help. If anyone can hear this and is able, come. I can't do this on my own.

This was just what the chickens were waiting for. Ever since their run-in with the guardians last time they'd invaded, they'd been preparing a countermeasure for the mechs. They deployed it now, activating a pulse generator that reacted with the unique energy in the Wyrm mech's core and completely disabling the mech. A new regiment of Darkslayers swarmed the disabled mech, attempting to pierce the cockpit and destroy the hated Lady of Shadows for good.

The cockpit became covered in tendrils of light, which pierced the hearts of the Darkslayer Chickens, effectively destroying them.

The Son of Sky appeared, and kicked a body.

"I hate these ones."

Then he melted into the ground, and appeared in front of @The Bookwyrm, to help him.

He waved his hands, and sonic waves burst out, knocking over the chickens.

"Your kill," He said, gesturing to them at Bookwyrm.

Wait, is the Wyrm mech mine, or Emma's?

"Thank you for coming," Bookwyrm said to Calano. "I have a plan now. Get ready."

Bookwyrm transformed.

In a burst of light and energy, he became a dragon. Deep blue scales covered his body, accented with black and white patterns that wove from his head to his tail.. Silver scales were scattered in specific spots on his head and around his eyes, and the scales on the underside of his wings glittered like stars.

When he opened his mouth, a billowing torrent of Nightfire burst forth, the shimmering blue flames scouring the hallway of chickens. Remarkably, the hallway itself was left undamaged.

Onward! Bookwyrm said telepathically in Calano's mind, considering he couldn't really talk as a dragon.