Insanity Clinic For The Moderately Brandofandonitis Afflicted

Medium

1 minute ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Bookwyrm cast a spell and a shield of energy appeared in front of him, dispersing the plasma. He dove forward and swung his tail, knocking the two cannons out.

Chickens swarmed Bookwyrm, fearlessly charging in to throw nets over his wings and grapples onto his legs in an attempt to topple him.

2 minutes ago, Nameless said:

Chickens swarmed Bookwyrm, fearlessly charging in to throw nets over his wings and grapples onto his legs in an attempt to topple him.

Bookwyrm let them trap his wings; he couldn't fly in the confines of the clinic anyway. However, he breathed fire that destroyed any chickens trying to grapple his legs. 

They kept coming though, and it was getting harder to hold them off, even in this form.

Calano swept in in front of Bookwyrm, and his Lightspear turned into a Lightsword, slashing out in broad sweeps, cutting down chickens all over the place.

Calano harnessed the Dark Talent, and Broke the chickens. Their atoms dissipated.

More approached.

Gladius oversaw the battle from his control room. Things were looking fairly good. Though the clinic's original owners were making steady progress, they were disorganized, spread out. Yes. A little more pressure, and they will crack.

"Commander Barus, proceed to the front lines and rally our troops. Focus the attack on Calano. I suspect that once he falls, the Lady of Shadows will fly into a rage and be easily outmaneuvered and killed."

Commander Barus saluted, picking up his Bannerstaff and dashing off to follow his orders.

Calano saw a new chicken approaching the front lines, holding a banner of some sort. As he watched, the chicken raised the banner, which began glowing. As the glow began in the banner, the chickens attacking Calano began to speed up, attacks becoming more coordinated and dangerous, threatening to overwhelm his defenses.

Calano cursed, splitting his Lightsword into both the sword and an added Lightshield, blocking attacks left and right, slicing down chickens as fast as he could.

But he was faltering.

Faltering fast.

Emma. This isn't going to well, there's too many of them.

I can't hold them much longer.

He stumbled, and barely deflected a blow from a nearby chicken.

Calano shouted, falling to his knees. He was now in too much pain, and couldn't concentrate to combine.

And the chickens were coming closer.

His eyes lit up with panic, and he looked back at Emma.

"Emma-" He began to shout, before a club hit the back of his head, and he fell unconcious. The chickens overpowered him.

1 minute ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Calano lays within the protective bubble, unconcious.

Until the absence of chickens reveals a glowing knife hilt deep in the back of Calano's thigh.

The knife is dissolving the flesh around it, corrupting Calano completely.

The knife is gently removed out of Calano by the Lady of Shadows. There is only one way to save you now, forgive me Calano! The Lady of Shadows corrupts the dagger using her powers.

Calano continues to convulse, screaming until he stills.

He does not move.

The chickens begin to caw.

Far far away, in his office, Lark feels a presence enter the room. ( @Nameless)

You may have won, Lark. A disembodied voice whispers. You may have killed me.

But mark my words. I will haunt you until your dying day.

Calano's body lays in the hallway.

Calano J Corvus, Doctor of the Insanity Clinic,

Has died.

6 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Has died.

Dang, I've gotta admit I wasn't expecting that. Poor Emma.

Lark didn't move, sitting alone in the dark, eyes barely open, breathing shallow, clinic treaty clutched loosely in his hand.

General Gladius smiled. The battle was turning out even better than he'd hoped! Not only had Calano been killed, but the Lady of Shadows had exhausted herself trying to save him. "They've lost their two most powerful fighters. Tell Barus that he is to press the attack; those remaining will quickly fall." Nothing can stop us now. This clinic is ours.

Edited by Nameless
Wow I really messed up words on this one

Bookwyrm shifted back to human form as he sensed a mind depart.

He was stunned.

First Wizard, now Calano. What is happening....

Bookwyrm didn't know what to do. And yet, despite his grief, he came to grips with it.

He wouldn't want me to grieve. He'd want me to fight.

Rather than fight the chickens, he let them overpower him. He dismissed his weapons back into the infinite pouch on his belt. A tranquilizer dart pierced him on the arm, and Bookwyrm drifted into unconsciousness.

However, as his body fell asleep, Bookwyrm reached out with his mind, searching for the White Tiger.

Can you take me back to the Astral Plane? He sent out into the void. I think it's about time I found some answers.

Edited by The Bookwyrm

General Gladius personally oversaw Emma's imprisonment. Before she had opportunity to awaken, the chickens locked the unconscious Lady of Shadows away in a specially designed cell, made to dampen and contain her Nethergrim powers. Bookwyrm was locked away in the basement, awaiting his fate along with the rest of the rioters.

With no further orders from Lark, Gladius was unsure as to his next move. He was a general, not an administrator. Whatever resistance remained in the clinic, they were likely regrouping, and there was little he could do other than set up patrols again. As for treating patients, most of the staff had either fled, joined the resistance, or been killed in the rioting. Perhaps they could bring in chicken doctors? No, that would never work. And what benefit would it give him to do so? Abruptly, Gladius nodded. The decision was clear. His goals were achieved. he turned to his aides, who were nervously eyeing Emma's prison.

"It's time to leave. We have what we came for, and remaining here will only cause further losses to our troops. We take the Lady of Shadows back to the capital for judgement, and leave this place to Lark. He should be able to deal with any remaining resistance himself, considering the amount of power the treaty imbues on him."

His aides nodded, sending messengers to relay the general's orders. Within a few hours, the chickens were gone, taking Emma and the assortment of magical items they'd plundered from the clinic.

39 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Can you take me back to the Astral Plane? He sent out into the void. I think it's about time I found some answers.

Bookwyrm's mind separates from his body and the white tiger appears infront of him

49 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Calano continues to convulse, screaming until he stills.

He does not move.

The chickens begin to caw.

Far far away, in his office, Lark feels a presence enter the room. ( @Nameless)

Has died.

The crow guardian appears in a flash, scoops Calano's body inside and it disappears.

8 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Bookwyrm's mind separates from his body and the white tiger appears infront of him

Bookwyrm created a safety tether back to his body. No need to separate completely. He wanted to be able to return, just in case.

Bookwyrm followed the White Tiger back to the Astral Plane. As they drifted across the dimensions, Bookwyrm idly wondered if he'd see a Black Crow appear with the White Tiger.

Bookwyrm soon found himself in the same tree he had been in before. He turned and walked through the doorway he had opened, towards what was hidden beyond.

7 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Bookwyrm created a safety tether back to his body. No need to separate completely. He wanted to be able to return, just in case.

Bookwyrm followed the White Tiger back to the Astral Plane. As they drifted across the dimensions, Bookwyrm idly wondered if he'd see a Black Crow appear with the White Tiger.

Bookwyrm soon found himself in the same tree he had been in before. He turned and walked through the doorway he had opened, towards what was hidden beyond.

He appears in a hallway and Wizard appears infront of him.

No this isn't Wizard, it's just part of the test. Inspired by the Blade of Mamora.

23 minutes ago, Nameless said:

General Gladius personally oversaw Emma's imprisonment. Before she had opportunity to awaken, the chickens locked the unconscious Lady of Shadows away in a specially designed cell, made to dampen and contain her Nethergrim powers. Bookwyrm was locked away in the basement, awaiting his fate along with the rest of the rioters.

With no further orders from Lark, Gladius was unsure as to his next move. He was a general, not an administrator. Whatever resistance remained in the clinic, they were likely regrouping, and there was little he could do other than set up patrols again. As for treating patients, most of the staff had either fled, joined the resistance, or been killed in the rioting. Perhaps they could bring in chicken doctors? No, that would never work. And what benefit would it give him to do so? Abruptly, Gladius nodded. The decision was clear. His goals were achieved. he turned to his aides, who were nervously eyeing Emma's prison.

"It's time to leave. We have what we came for, and remaining here will only cause further losses to our troops. We take the Lady of Shadows back to the capital for judgement, and leave this place to Lark. He should be able to deal with any remaining resistance himself, considering the amount of power the treaty imbues on him."

His aides nodded, sending messengers to relay the general's orders. Within a few hours, the chickens were gone, taking Emma and the assortment of magical items they'd plundered from the clinic.

It's gonna be a bit before I have time to really do this justice. As now she has to deal with Calano's death along with Wizard's as she hadn't fully overcome his yet.

Is Lark Nameless or is Nameless just somewhere?

Edited by The Wandering Wizard