Insanity Clinic For The Moderately Brandofandonitis Afflicted

Medium

Ghalano waves at patients as he wanders. He looks down, and realizes that A) He's literally just floating, not actually walking, and B), He's grayer than he first thought. There's barely any color on him.

He then realized C) He has strange thoughts sometimes.

The light of the After vanished, and the sobbing figure went back to sobbing.

Bookwyrm watched Emma walk down the steps toward himself and Thaidakar, who had appeared next to him. She seemed better.

I'm worried, Bookwyrm thought to Wizard. I'm worried that once she sees how Calano is now, it will hurt her more. And I'm worried what will happen if she realizes that part of you still exists, and is able to communicate.

Edited by The Bookwyrm

I just realized I have been here for 33 pages....longer than I'd thought.

Emma walks back towards the clinic feeling her power grow as she nears the clinic and her treaty.

9 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

I'm worried, Bookwyrm thought to Wizard. I'm worried that once she sees how Calano is now, it will hurt her more. And I'm worried what will happen if she realizes that part of you still exists, and is able to communicate.

I am the white tiger now, if she discovers I've been hiding then she will get rather mad at me, last time I hid a secret of this magnitude she dumped 43 volcanos on me. Calano will hurt her, it hurts me seeing him like this. He can't hide from her, not since she now has ultimate power over the clinic. The secret is that the treaty is fake, it doesn't matter, it only matters what people put stock into it.

Just now, TheHalcyonGirl said:

Whut happened to Haly? Did somebody move her or is she still on the floor of the hall?

She would either be still on the floor assumed dead or moved to be killed but chickens left first. So you're somewhere in the clinic.

12 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

last time I hid a secret of this magnitude she dumped 43 volcanos on me

...How'd that work, exactly?

12 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

The secret is that the treaty is fake, it doesn't matter, it only matters what people put stock into it.

Bookwyrm thought on this for a moment.

Was Calano aware of this? Before he lost his memory. 

Bookwyrm though for a moment and sighed. 

I've visited many dimensions, Wizard. Some far, far beyond the reach of this one. But for nearly all of them, I've been forced to sit back as an observer. That's what I am; a scholar, a traveler, a collector. An important one, yes, but still. I hold the title of Worldseer, but it's not often I do more than see.

Now I'm here in this one, and I have a part to play. My actions have consequences. I have a job and I need to help, but it's unclear how exactly. I've been in situations like this before, but they're uncommon. And here I don't have a clear path forward.

The future of this dimension is unclear. And that bothers me.

I'm revealing a little bit of personal lore here that's been brewing in my mind since fourth grade, just so you're aware.

Edited by The Bookwyrm

hey thats pretty cool. im just waiting till Ghalano and Emma cross paths.

Ghalano spread some more Purple on his wound, and his steps became firmer. he seemed more sure of himself. He meandered towards the lobby, as he had the sudden impression that he wanted to look at the statues of Calano and Wizard.

3 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

...How'd that work, exactly?

She never told me, though I suspect it has to do with her manipulating the fabric of this pocket dimension, she always was the best of us in that area.

3 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Bookwyrm thought on this for a moment.

Was Calano aware of this? Before he lost his memory. 

Bookwyrm though for a moment and sighed. 

I've visited many dimensions, Wizard. Some far, far beyond the reach of this one. But for nearly all of them, I've been forced to sit back as an observer. That's what I am; a scholar, a traveler, a collector. An important one, yes, but still

Now I'm here in this one, and I have a part to play. My actions have consequences. I have a job and I need to help, but it's unclear how exactly. I've been in situations like this before, but they're uncommon. And here I don't have a clear path forward.

The future of this dimension is unclear. And that bothers me.

I do not think so as I only learned it after becoming the white tiger, guard this secret with your life, if the clinic is purely on Emma's shoulders it could change on her whim, one thought and you could be dead. Each dimension has an unclear future, it's part of life, the fact that you will have to step away at times and let things be. I had to learn this when I became the white tiger, it took me many centuries, barely a second for you all. These are the lessons that can only be learn through experience, and not the kind of experience that leaves kind memories, the experiences that leave you wishing you could have done anything but nothing. Watching civilization after civilization die and wither away, one nudge little nudge centuries ago and they would have lived forever, forever to enslave the rest of reality. 

4 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

hey thats pretty cool. im just waiting till Ghalano and Emma cross paths.

Emma walks towards the statue of Wizard and sees the added statue of Calano and she sits on the bench, looking up at her twin and the one she had loved like no other.

Meanwhile in room D55...

Suddenly, TAAron's body began convulsing. He recognized the sensation for years long past, years of accidentally eating the wrong foods and being rushed to the hospital.

He was having an allergic reaction to... what? The medication? It didn't really matter. He was helpless on the floor, alone in his room. No one would hear him fall.

Just now, AspiringArchivist said:

Meanwhile in room D55...

Suddenly, TAAron's body began convulsing. He recognized the sensation for years long past, years of accidentally eating the wrong foods and being rushed to the hospital.

He was having an allergic reaction to... what? The medication? It didn't really matter. He was helpless on the floor, alone in his room. No one would hear him fall.

Lark turned suddenly, feeling TAAron's sudden reaction and appearing by his side. "TAAron? What is this?"

7 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

She never told me, though I suspect it has to do with her manipulating the fabric of this pocket dimension, she always was the best of us in that area.

I do not think so as I only learned it after becoming the white tiger, guard this secret with your life, if the clinic is purely on Emma's shoulders it could change on her whim, one thought and you could be dead. Each dimension has an unclear future, it's part of life, the fact that you will have to step away at times and let things be. I had to learn this when I became the white tiger, it took me many centuries, barely a second for you all. These are the lessons that can only be learn through experience, and not the kind of experience that leaves kind memories, the experiences that leave you wishing you could have done anything but nothing. Watching civilization after civilization die and wither away, one nudge little nudge centuries ago and they would have lived forever, forever to enslave the rest of reality. 

Emma walks towards the statue of Wizard and sees the added statue of Calano and she sits on the bench, looking up at her twin and the one she had loved like no other.

Ghalano fidgeted with his hands as he walked into the lobby from the other end, with the statues blocking the views of the others. He stared at the backsides of the statues, looking puzzled, before rounding the front and walking into view of everyone else.

He sat down on an empty bench, and took a handful of Purple out of his pockets, playing with it in his hands. His hands, one should note, were now permanently stained purple.

He looked at the statue of Calano. Strangely, he didn't feel as if he knew this man. He knew that, technically, this was him, deep down. But it still puzzled him. He made a small Hm sound, gazing up at the statue.

Just now, CalanoCorvus said:

Ghalano fidgeted with his hands as he walked into the lobby from the other end, with the statues blocking the views of the others. He stared at the backsides of the statues, looking puzzled, before rounding the front and walking into view of everyone else.

He sat down on an empty bench, and took a handful of Purple out of his pockets, playing with it in his hands. His hands, one should note, were now permanently stained purple.

He looked at the statue of Calano. Strangely, he didn't feel as if he knew this man. He knew that, technically, this was him, deep down. But it still puzzled him. He made a small Hm sound, gazing up at the statue.

Thaidakar walked over to him, "Ghalano, I'll ask you to not approach the person sitting on the bench of there."

2 minutes ago, AspiringArchivist said:

Meanwhile in room D55...

Haly feels TAAron’s distress and flies through the walls in his direction, the kneels down next to him as herself “What’s going in? Can I help?”