Insanity Clinic For The Moderately Brandofandonitis Afflicted

Medium

4 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

"A wedding gift for Calano and Emma." Thaidakar said this partially excitedly. It was the truth, if only part of it.

"Oh, good." TAAron still sensed that the response was incomplete. The excitement over the wedding present didn't match the worry. "There's something else, isn't there? Something you won't tell me..." He sighed. "You don't have to tell me, I suppose. I shouldn't be pressing so much."

1 minute ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Oh, good." TAAron still sensed that the response was incomplete. The excitement over the wedding present didn't match the worry. "There's something else, isn't there? Something you won't tell me..." He sighed. "You don't have to tell me, I suppose. I shouldn't be pressing so much."

"It may not even be a big problem. If it does become a problem, I'll let people know to prepare for the worst."

1 minute ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

He chuckled, "maybe I'll tell you another time, I have some business to attend to."

"I—okay then." TAAron turned back to Nameless, awaiting an answer about the chamber.

I did a continuity oopsie. Let's just ignore the fact that I was talking to Nameless and then had a whole conversation with Thaidakar before he answered.

@Nameless

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"I—okay then." TAAron turned back to Nameless, awaiting an answer about the chamber.

@Nameless

Thaidakar nodded and walked out of the room. He swiped his hand up and amber sparks flowed from his finger tips. A portal formed and he stepped through. The archive looked breathtaking. The tall shelves and mountains of books quivered slightly. Thaidakar put a hand on the nearest shelf. It thrummed softly, but it wasn't power from the books themselves or from the shelf. Something was coming. Thaidakar immediately pulled out a small gadget and started scanning the shelves one by one as fast as he could.

11 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Nameless finally spoke, reluctant. "The Chamber of Bonds, in the tower of Ghenjei. We'd never reach it. And even if we did, we'd never make it out alive."

2 minutes ago, Nameless said:

Nameless finally spoke, reluctant. "The Chamber of Bonds, in the tower of Ghenjei. We'd never reach it. And even if we did, we'd never make it out alive."

"Okay, why is it so dangerous? And how could it help me?"

1 minute ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Okay, why is it so dangerous? And how could it help me?"

"The Aelfinn and Eelfinn. They can heal injuries such as yours. But they won't do it without a deal, and you can only make one if you get to the Chamber of Bonds."

1 minute ago, Nameless said:

"The Aelfinn and Eelfinn. They can heal injuries such as yours. But they won't do it without a deal, and you can only make one if you get to the Chamber of Bonds."

"But it's not that simple, right? You were convinced it would kill us both."

3 minutes ago, Nameless said:

“So far as I know, only two expeditions have ever been successful.”

"I see. How many have tried?" TAAron paused, looking worried. "Is it really the only way to heal soul damage?" As if on cue, his ears began ringing painfully, and he cried out, covering his ears. That's a new one.

2 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"I see. How many have tried?" TAAron paused, looking worried. "Is it really the only way to heal soul damage?" As if on cue, his ears began ringing painfully, and he cried out, covering his ears. That's a new one.

Nameless waited for TAAron to uncover his ears before continuing. “Many have tried, including many legendary heroes. There are probably other ways to heal soul damage, but I don’t know of any.”

1 minute ago, Nameless said:

Nameless waited for TAAron to uncover his ears before continuing. “Many have tried, including many legendary heroes. There are probably other ways to heal soul damage, but I don’t know of any.”

"Perhaps we could do some research, then. Although, I'm not sure it's very common for people to have soul damage because they are literally half dead." He stood up again, wincing at the pain.

"I think the worst part if this is going to be not being able to burn metals." He staggered to the door. "To the library, then?"

10 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Perhaps we could do some research, then. Although, I'm not sure it's very common for people to have soul damage because they are literally half dead." He stood up again, wincing at the pain.

"I think the worst part if this is going to be not being able to burn metals." He staggered to the door. "To the library, then?"

“All right.” Nameless supported TAAron as he walked towards the library. “I don’t think there’ll be anything though.”

4 minutes ago, Nameless said:

“All right.” Nameless supported TAAron as he walked towards the library. “I don’t think there’ll be anything though.”

By the time they reached the library, TAAron was getting out of breath. "Okay," he panted, "Is there a catalog here?"

Haly flopped onto her bed and started a random CD in the CD player she’d installed in the wall.

I can’t believe this. How could they take this away from me?

A line of poetry from a Kellan chronicle translated itself in her mind. Search a hundred days, you’ll never find

The fragments of this broken heart of mine…

She blinked, realizing how melodramatic that sounded. Okay, enough fun. Stop feeling sorry for yourself.

The music slipped into her thoughts, misplacing them to make way for itself. You’re in my mind all of the time, I know it’s not enough…

She was fine. Life was fine. She’d find a way. Wind chimes were content with life, and they didn’t live in Nayo.

Well, if the sky can crack, there must be some way back…

Haly kicked the CD player. “Shut up. Don’t taunt me.” She could make her own music. She started to hum a snatch of song, a sort of riddle song:

It leaps and it shivers

Completely untethered

Small as a movement

Large as a word

”I should go check on TAAron,” she mused. “See how Nameless’ doctors are coming along.”

So she skipped down the corridor and knocked on the infirmary.

4 minutes ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

Haly flopped onto her bed and started a random CD in the CD player she’d installed in the wall.

I can’t believe this. How could they take this away from me?

A line of poetry from a Kellan chronicle translated itself in her mind. Search a hundred days, you’ll never find

The fragments of this broken heart of mine…

She blinked, realizing how melodramatic that sounded. Okay, enough fun. Stop feeling sorry for yourself.

The music slipped into her thoughts, misplacing them to make way for itself. You’re in my mind all of the time, I know it’s not enough…

She was fine. Life was fine. She’d find a way. Wind chimes were content with life, and they didn’t live in Nayo.

Well, if the sky can crack, there must be some way back…

Haly kicked the CD player. “Shut up. Don’t taunt me.” She could make her own music. She started to hum a snatch of song, a sort of riddle song:

It leaps and it shivers

Completely untethered

Small as a movement

Large as a word

”I should go check on TAAron,” she mused. “See how Nameless’ doctors are coming along.”

So she skipped down the corridor and knocked on the infirmary.

They're in the library now, so if there is anyone in there it's the doctors. They'd probably just tell you that I had left recently.

47 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

By the time they reached the library, TAAron was getting out of breath. "Okay," he panted, "Is there a catalog here?"

“Yeah. I’ll go get it.” Nameless helped TAAron to a seat, then walked off to find a librarian and request a catalog.

Edited by Nameless

3 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"I would say I'm fine, but I'm not a very good liar."

Haly: sees TAAron “You’re alive! Yay! That’s a plus.” Suddenly looks concerned “You’re not fine though. What’s wrong and can I help?” Walks over