Insanity Clinic For The Moderately Brandofandonitis Afflicted

Medium

1 minute ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"I have no idea. This is way out of my study range. I mean, what exactly happened? Did I just get up and go?"

Haly: “You ran away from us… you were terrified. And then when I caught up, you said… ‘I’m sorry’.”

3 minutes ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

Haly: “You ran away from us… you were terrified. And then when I caught up, you said… ‘I’m sorry’.”

"Well, that's odd." He paused. "I don't know if it's what I meant, but I really am sorry that you had to leave that place. I can tell it meant a lot to you."

2 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Well, that's odd." He paused. "I don't know if it's what I meant, but I really am sorry that you had to leave that place. I can tell it meant a lot to you."

Haly: clenches her teeth and tries to smile “I’m good. It’s fine. It’s… it’s for the best.”

1 minute ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

Haly: clenches her teeth and tries to smile “I’m good. It’s fine. It’s… it’s for the best.”

"It's fine that you're angry, you know. You found something you had dreamed of, and it got torn away from you. I'm sure there were reasons you had to leave, but that doesn't make it wrong for you to be upset."

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"It's fine that you're angry, you know. You found something you had dreamed of, and it got torn away from you. I'm sure there were reasons you had to leave, but that doesn't make it wrong for you to be upset."

Haly: “I… maybe.” Eyes burn with tears “I don’t know. I guess maybe.”

2 minutes ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

Haly: “I… maybe.” Eyes burn with tears “I don’t know. I guess maybe.”

TAAron chose not to talk about it further.

They arrived back at the library. "@Nameless! How's it going with the research? Can I help?"

1 minute ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

TAAron chose not to talk about it further.

They arrived back at the library. "@Nameless! How's it going with the research? Can I help?"

Nameless looked up from reading Towers of Midnight by Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson, piled of books untouched on the table. "Uh, well, I guess."

Just now, Nameless said:

Nameless looked up from reading Towers of Midnight by Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson, piled of books untouched on the table. "Uh, well, I guess."

Seeing the book in Nameless' hands, TAAron smiled. "Wow, Nameless. Did you take your Brandofandonitis medication this morning?" He sat down and began sorting through the books.

Seeing the book in Nameless' hands, TAAron smiled. "Wow, Nameless. Did you take your Brandofandonitis medication this morning?" He sat down and began sorting through the books.

"Of course not. That stuff's never worked." Nameless set the book down, then pulled an ancient scroll from the pile and began reading.

4 minutes ago, Nameless said:

"Of course not. That stuff's never worked." Nameless set the book down, then pulled an ancient scroll from the pile and began reading.

"Wow. It doesn't work, and it gave me an allergic reaction? They really need to work on that." His eyes widened. "How to Damage Your Soul, by Reesa MacWeeney. Don't think we'll be needing that one." He shuffled through a few more books. "Ah, this one might work. A Comprehensive Guide on Cognitive and Spiritual Maladies. How about you? Anything helpful in that scroll?"

Edited by The Aspiring Archivist
punctuation

"Wow. It doesn't work, and it gave me an allergic reaction? They really need to work on that." His eyes widened. "How to Damage Your Soul, by Reesa MacWeeney. Don't think we'll be needing that one." He shuffled through a few more books. "Ah, this one might work. A Comprehensive Guide on Cognitive and Spiritual Maladies. How about you? Anything helpful in that scroll?

"No advice other than 'send the damaged soul to meet the ancient ones'." Nameless moved on to another book.

Just now, Nameless said:

"No advice other than 'send the damaged soul to meet the ancient ones'." Nameless moved on to another book.

"Wow, this one has 157 edge case examples, and... none have to do with dying halfway. Let me reference the symptoms index." He flipped through several more pages. "'Headaches, pain of the spirit, hallucination...' all pretty common, actually. Oh! 'Increased exocognitive perception: This is a theoretical symptom that might be caused by major, irrevocable damage to one's cognitive and spiritual aspects. If you or someone you know has experienced this symptom, please contact us!'" TAAron put down the book. "That's not a great sign."

1 minute ago, Nameless said:

Nameless stared at her. "What?"

Haly: “It’s logical. See, all bugs contain Layritigoli, which helps maintain the synapses of the brain. So it might help. UNLIKE THESE STUPID BORING BOOKS. ITS LITERALLY JUST A SINGLE SENTENCE DRAGGED OUT.”

Just now, The Halcyon Girl said:

Haly: “It’s logical. See, all bugs contain Layritigoli, which helps maintain the synapses of the brain. So it might help. UNLIKE THESE STUPID BORING BOOKS. ITS LITERALLY JUST A SINGLE SENTENCE DRAGGED OUT.”

"But his brain is perfectly fine. It's his soul that's damaged."

Haly: “The mind and the soul need to be balanced, and he’s been doing stuff he doesn’t remember. So maybe…”

"I doubt it would help. The only way to balance the body and soul would be to give him sever brain damage."

Haly: “The mind and the soul need to be balanced, and he’s been doing stuff he doesn’t remember. So maybe…”

Just now, Nameless said:

"I doubt it would help. The only way to balance the body and soul would be to give him sever brain damage."

"Not quite. See, my mind is damaged, kind of. Not my brain, but my Cognitive aspect. What you're talking about is something that helps with synapses, which are physical mental connections between neurons. I'm sure that if that chemical had medicinal properties that would have been helpful to me, the doctors would have already administered it, anyways. At it's foundation, my situation is metaphysical, so a physical approach likely wouldn't work."

2 minutes ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

Haly: “When you say it like that…” chucks a marshmallow 

Without thinking, TAAron began tapping zinc to quicken his reaction time. Naturally, his soul-pain flared to insanely high levels. As the marshmallow hit him, he yelled, falling out of his chair.

4 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Not quite. See, my mind is damaged, kind of. Not my brain, but my Cognitive aspect. What you're talking about is something that helps with synapses, which are physical mental connections between neurons. I'm sure that if that chemical had medicinal properties that would have been helpful to me, the doctors would have already administered it, anyways. At it's foundation, my situation is metaphysical, so a physical approach likely wouldn't work."

"Yeah." Nameless put down another book. "Lets get this finished, yeah?"

8 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Without thinking, TAAron began tapping zinc to quicken his reaction time. Naturally, his soul-pain flared to insanely high levels. As the marshmallow hit him, he yelled, falling out of his chair.

Haly: “Um… oops.”