Insanity Clinic For The Moderately Brandofandonitis Afflicted

Medium

8 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

"It feels just as exhilrating for me," Calano whispers to Emma.

"But we should probably continue with the rest of the wedding, don't you think?"

"Yes, yes we should," and together Emma and Calano open the floor for other couples to dance.

1 minute ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"It doesn't mean anything you don't already know. The one that went dark contains a small piece of my soul."

Haly: “Contains… is it safe then? Or does it connect with yours? Hmm… how did you make them glow? This is actually very interesting.”

1 minute ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Calano walked over to the group. "What's going on? Everything ok?"

“Oh! No, but don’t worry. After the wedding we’ll go to that tower and fox his soul and then we’ll all be happy again! Don’t worry, you can go back to your wedding.”

UGH I THOUGHT I WAS EDITING—

sorry guys

Edited by The Halcyon Girl

1 minute ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

Haly: “Contains… is it safe then? Or does it connect with yours? Hmm… how did you make them glow? This is actually very interesting.”

"Yes, it's completely safe. Most likely, it's the most stable magical object in the entire universe. As for the glow, that comes from the soul magic inside of them.

1 minute ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

“Oh! No, but don’t worry. After the wedding we’ll go to that tower and fox his soul and then we’ll all be happy again! Don’t worry, you can go back to your wedding.”

"I was just going to say 'It's fine,' but I guess that works."

2 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Yes, it's completely safe. Most likely, it's the most stable magical object in the entire universe. As for the glow, that comes from the soul magic inside of them.

"I was just going to say 'It's fine,' but I guess that works."

Insa notices the gathering of people and comes over, "What's going on?"

3 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

"You're all a part of the wedding too, and as the groom, I have to make sure the guests are also enjoying it. Are you sure theres nothing I can help with?"

"Pretty sure, yeah. Unless you can get us in and out of the Tower of Ghenjei."

2 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

"You're all a part of the wedding too, and as the groom, I have to make sure the guests are also enjoying it. Are you sure theres nothing I can help with?"

"Thank you for your concern. I assure you, the wedding is lovely. The problem is my own and my own to fix. Please, go be with your bride."

1 minute ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

TAAron grew tense, anxious from the attention he was garnering. Of course I'd manage to ruin this somehow.

4 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Haly: “Yep! Don’t worry, it’s a great wedding.”

2 minutes ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

Haly; “Things. I think. Still not clear on that.”

10 minutes ago, Nameless said:

"Pretty sure, yeah. Unless you can get us in and out of the Tower of Ghenjei."

Calano put a thinking hand to his chin. "Hmm. That's an Ancient structure... it has quite the defenses. How soon do you need to be there?"

Calano nods. "I can help you get in."

He turns to the rest of the wedding. "We should move on! Is it gift time? I think it's gift time."

don't want the wedding to take forever, moving things along so y'all get your stuff done :D

10 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

He turns to the rest of the wedding. "We should move on! Is it gift time? I think it's gift time."

If you wanted this part to go for a bit longer, that's fine. Not much has really happened in the dancing segment.

TAAron stood up, wincing. "Okay. If I may, I'd like to present my gift now. That is, unless anyone else would rather go first."

Edited by The Aspiring Archivist

10 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Bookwyrm smiled. "You have my gift already," he said to Calano and Emma, and nodded to the rings on their fingers. Their shapes had changed to match their souls.

"Symbols of your eternal bond. The rings can't go missing: they'll always find themselves back on your finger, or wherever you need it to be. They help manifest your bond in different ways, though I don't know all their effects." Bookwyrm tilted his head thoughtfully. "I'm guessing they'll come in handy."

19 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

TAAron stood up, wincing. "Okay. If I may, I'd like to present my gift now. That is, unless anyone else would rather go first."

"Please, if you'd like to."

Calano turned to Bookwyrm. "It means a ton. Thank you."

Just now, CalanoCorvus said:

"Please, if you'd like to."

Calano turned to Bookwyrm. "It means a ton. Thank you."

Taking out the glowing bracelets again, TAAron held one out to both Calano and Emma. "I suppose this requires some explanation. These bracelets are made out of a crystal called Stacis. It existed exclusively in my home dimension, which, five years ago today, was entirely destroyed for... an unknown reason, rendering these one of a kind. It is mostly indestructible, and also has a lot of general magical potential, which I don't really know a lot about. " His voice choked. "These, in particular, are a duality. A pair. They symbolizes unity and love between the two people who wear them. Each contain a small piece of the souls that possessed them before. This one," he said, raising the one in his left hand, "contains a piece from the soul of my best friend. And this one..." He held up the opposite hand. "This one contains the piece of mine that I lost when he died."

Smiling sadly, he continued. "If you accept this gift, you will be wearing the honor of my people. If you ever were to break apart, these crystals would shatter as well. I don't think we'll need to worry about that, though." He paused, looking a bit uncomfortable. "If and when one of you dies, the second crystal will appear on the wrist of the one who is still living. After that, both can be removed. When you're ready, you may pass them on to another two people.

"That's about it. Calano and Emma, do you accept my gift?"

Shoot. That's way better than my gift.

Nameless wracked his brain for other gift ideas.

I could give them that chicken cultist's crown I picked up when trying to save Emma. No, that's a terrible wedding gift. Maybe I could give them an angreal? No, that's stupid. A ter'angreal? Aha! got it.

Nameless opened a gateway to his room, running through it to get his new wedding gift.

28 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Taking out the glowing bracelets again, TAAron held one out to both Calano and Emma. "I suppose this requires some explanation. These bracelets are made out of a crystal called Stacis. It existed exclusively in my home dimension, which, five years ago today, was entirely destroyed for... an unknown reason, rendering these one of a kind. It is mostly indestructible, and also has a lot of general magical potential, which I don't really know a lot about. " His voice choked. "These, in particular, are a duality. A pair. They symbolizes unity and love between the two people who wear them. Each contain a small piece of the souls that possessed them before. This one," he said, raising the one in his left hand, "contains a piece from the soul of my best friend. And this one..." He held up the opposite hand. "This one contains the piece of mine that I lost when he died."

Smiling sadly, he continued. "If you accept this gift, you will be wearing the honor of my people. If you ever were to break apart, these crystals would shatter as well. I don't think we'll need to worry about that, though." He paused, looking a bit uncomfortable. "If and when one of you dies, the second crystal will appear on the wrist of the one who is still living. After that, both can be removed. When you're ready, you may pass them on to another two people.

"That's about it. Calano and Emma, do you accept my gift?"

Emma's eyes mist with tears. "I do accept this gift. I hope that you might find more friends here in the clinic." Emma carefully places the bracelet on her arm.

5 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Emma's eyes mist with tears. "I do accept this gift. I hope that you might find more friends here in the clinic." Emma carefully places the bracelet on her arm.

Haly: Wow, all those things are so good… so touching… and here I am with a box of soap. “So, uh… here’s some soap. It likes to change. Mostly it just changed shape, but one time it was a centaur made of cheese. So… yes.”