Insanity Clinic For The Moderately Brandofandonitis Afflicted

Medium

On 10/22/2022 at 4:13 PM, The Bookwyrm said:

Bookwyrm smiled. "You have more power than you realize," he said. "You could probably do something similar if you put your mind to it." 

He turned and looked out over the valley again before resting his eyes on the path out of the foothills. "But yeah, you're right. We should go." Bookwyrm started walking.

Insa followed. She started thinking about this whole power thing people kept mentioning thing. All she had done was make a box and then Emma had done... something. And then something about power or something like that. What were they talking about?

Insa noticed some flowers that were growing along the side of the path. She stopped real quick and picked a couple. She fiddled with the flowers as she kept walking. 

One of her hands started to tingle a bit like it was falling asleep. She shook her hand trying to get the feeling to go away. A small purple spark flung off her hand, hit the ground and disappeared. Insa stopped walking. The tingling had stopped. What was that?

3 hours ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Calano nods. "Eric G. Corvus, theoretical/quantum physicist, and Eliza M. Corvus, theoretical/quantum physicist. Both have been responsible for major breakthroughs in dimensional travel."

Emma stands by Calano, waiting for the guards to move. "I am also here to help find Calano's parents." Mine tended to live in seclusion and they changed where they lived frequently, your parents should know, Calano.

Just now, Nameless said:

"Doesn't mean we can't need to get there quickly. Do you have any leads on how to get out?"

"I don't know. That guy Theodore over there said that they has pretty much explored their whole realm, minus the now-inaccessible demon caves and the infinite void."

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"I don't know. That guy Theodore over there said that they has pretty much explored their whole realm, minus the now-inaccessible demon caves and the infinite void."

"Demon caves? Sounds like a good place to start."

Just now, Nameless said:

"Demon caves? Sounds like a good place to start."

"I wasn't kidding when I said inaccessible. They have been sealed off for three years now, and re-opening them could be catastrophic for everyone and everything in Terra de Lumine!" Theodore interjected.

"Yikes. So that leaves... the void?"

"I suppose, but if you attempted to cross into the void, you would be dematerialized."

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"I wasn't kidding when I said inaccessible. They have been sealed off for three years now, and re-opening them could be catastrophic for everyone and everything in Terra de Lumine!" Theodore interjected.

"Yikes. So that leaves... the void?"

"I suppose, but if you attempted to cross into the void, you would be dematerialized."

Nameless raised an eyebrow. "Where is that void, exactly?"

Just now, Nameless said:

Nameless raised an eyebrow. "Where is that void, exactly?"

"At the edge of the realm. Our king Edmund has told us of planets, stars, and space in other dimensions, but our realm is more or less an island encircled by void and has no sun. We do have a sky that is apparently more or less typical, except we also have no form of precipitation. All of our water comes from the Lake."

7 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"At the edge of the realm. Our king Edmund has told us of planets, stars, and space in other dimensions, but our realm is more or less an island encircled by void and has no sun. We do have a sky that is apparently more or less typical, except we also have no form of precipitation. All of our water comes from the Lake."

"Really? Most universes don't have such direct connections to the space between. Getting out of here'll be easier than I thought."

6 minutes ago, Nameless said:

"Really? Most universes don't have such direct connections to the space between. Getting out of here'll be easier than I thought."

"The space... between? My friend, I'm afraid that there have been records of people attempting to enter the void. In each case, they have screamed in agony before being entirely consumed, never to be seen again. The void will not allow you to pass to anywhere except heavens above. Even people who have managed to travel here have only ever appeared in the Forest, not from the void."

Edited by The Aspiring Archivist

1 minute ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"The space... between? My friend, I'm afraid that there have been records of people attempting to enter the void. In each case, they have screamed in agony before being entirely consumed, never to be seen again. The void will not allow you to pass to anywhere except heavens above."

"Some kind of barrier perhaps? That doesn't match up with my experiences in that place. We'll have to figure out a way to get past it."

6 minutes ago, Nameless said:

"Some kind of barrier perhaps? That doesn't match up with my experiences in that place. We'll have to figure out a way to get past it."

Theodore sighed. "Well, if you insist, I can show you there."

"I'll come as well," said Mell, who had stood up.

"Alright then! C'mon, Byrd. We're going to the void, I guess!" TAAron looked oddly joyous.

@The Halcyon Girl

1 hour ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Theodore sighed. "Well, if you insist, I can show you there."

"I'll come as well," said Mell, who had stood up.

"Alright then! C'mon, Byrd. We're going to the void, I guess!" TAAron looked oddly joyous.

@The Halcyon Girl

“Perfect,” Byrd chirped, then laughed. “Definitely! That would be so fun. I’m excited. Let’s go!”

2 minutes ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

“Perfect,” Byrd chirped, then laughed. “Definitely! That would be so fun. I’m excited. Let’s go!”

"Alright." Theodore began walking out. "This way."

TAAron looked pensative. "@Nameless, do you actually know how to break through the barrier? Because I don't want any of us to get dematerialized."

I'm just going to keep calling TAAron TAAron instead of Tristan, since Tristan is an actual separate person.

3 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Alright." Theodore began walking out. "This way."

TAAron looked pensative. "@Nameless, do you actually know how to break through the barrier? Because I don't want any of us to get dematerialized."

“Who cares?” Byrd felt lighter than air, and twice as unworried. “We’ll be fine.”

Nar ta, this is bad.

Whatever that was, Byrd ignored it.

1 minute ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

“Who cares?” Byrd felt lighter than air, and twice as unworried. “We’ll be fine.”

Nar ta, this is bad.

Whatever that was, Byrd ignored it.

It took less than ten minutes for the party to reach the void. If you looked up, you could see the blue sky, going on as if everything was normal. But if you looked down...

What looked to be an ocean of violent, inky blackness stretched out to infinity. It roiled, depthless yet somehow turbulent. Theodore kicked a rock into it. As the party watched, the rock disintegrated in a flash of violet light. It led TAAron to wonder why the void was not eating at the shoreline.

"There you go," the man said. "Infinite, deadly void. I will go tell Edmund of your arrival. And your... departure."

As Theodore turned and left, Mell hung back. "Are you sure you want to go?" she asked sincerely. "You may very well die trying to leave."

4 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

It took less than ten minutes for the party to reach the void. If you looked up, you could see the blue sky, going on as if everything was normal. But if you looked down...

What looked to be an ocean of violent, inky blackness stretched out to infinity. It roiled, depthless yet somehow turbulent. Theodore kicked a rock into it. As the party watched, the rock disintegrated in a flash of violet light. It led TAAron to wonder why the void was not eating at the shoreline.

"There you go," the man said. "Infinite, deadly void. I will go tell Edmund of your arrival. And your... departure."

As Theodore turned and left, Mell hung back. "Are you sure you want to go?" she asked sincerely. "You may very well die trying to leave."

“Of course! What better way to die?” Byrd giggled like a schoolgirl.

Meanwhile, back in the clinic, a boy with sandy hair frantically combed her room.

You... you did this. No, we did this. Your soul was too fractured. I should've just let us fall.

Ranryu couldn't hear the Rightful One's worries. The universe- universes, were on fire. Everything flashed before her eyes, too fast to process. People she had never met, places she hadn't even dreamed of. It was like trying to drink from a hurricane.

We need to get out of here... the fabric of the universe isn't safe...

Ranryu seized up. Now she was looking at the past. She couldn't not see everything, and glimpses of the one thing she actually wanted to know fled from her. 

"Come back!"

9 minutes ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

Meanwhile, back in the clinic, a boy with sandy hair frantically combed her room.

Frustrated, the boy straightened, looking around him at Haley’s possessions.

If I can’t find her…

He let out a long sigh and continued the tedious hunt, leaving the room and roaming the corridors.

11 minutes ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

Is there something odd going on with Haly that is making her behave this way that I should know about in case I want TAAron to make any emotional divinations of some kind?

2 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

So the gel that she was swimming in set her on a path to sanity, which will make her behave erratically, canceling out the effect of insanity. Without INsanity to keep her brain whirring, and without sanity to keep it firmly grounded, she will act the way most people think of as insane.

And the tingly power is amplifying her emotions.