Insanity Clinic For The Moderately Brandofandonitis Afflicted

Medium

9 hours ago, Ookla the Perpetual said:

I would like to be active, I’ve just been a little busy over the past few days. But I can help out!

Edited by Ookla the Shadowed

The Islands: The Secret Room

Calano stands and walks over to Emma's chair. He scoots her over so he can sit down and hold her. This is obviously a struggle for her, and he wants to be there for comfort.

"Wizard gave his mortal life saving me from when the Clinic was invaded by Chickens. During the Second Chicken Siege, I also died, but I came back through a pure miracle of magic. The White Guardian of the Clinic took his body, and also apparently his spirit, and now it's... confusing."

@Ookla the Floofy @Ookla the Myopic

Ruins of Tal’rin: The Basement

Matra ran on ahead to the burned-out building, raced down a flight of stairs, then stopped abruptly.

Hundreds of faces looked up at her with wide, fearful eyes. Some had attempted to hide, others simply stood and stared blankly. So this is where the survivors went.

”Guys…” she called haltingly. “You, um, you need to see this.”

Edited by Ookla the Shadowed

I'm considering having my villain character show up at the Clinic to do some nefarious deeds. If anyone wants information about him let me know. Also, will anyone be there if he shows up at the clinic entrance and asks for a room to stay in? (In case anyone is confused I'm the Aspiring Archivist)

@Ookla the Crow

Edited by Ookla the Inverted

Just now, Ookla the Crow said:

I don't know if you remember my first(?) subplot, involving TAAron getting kidnapped and put in a box. Anyways, in my Icanon subplot, he just got kidnapped again and now the man who imprisoned him, known currently as the manipulator, is about. I don't want to be super specific but he has very bad intentions for the Clinic and everyone in it. He appears pretty much as a normal human, but he has a huge amount of repressed dark energy. He comes form the world that TAAron came from and was basically the BBEG. He also has access to a special set of items that he can't use very well but have the ability to mess with "threads," a concept that I explained early in the continuity chat.

Want to know anything else?

i'm too lazy to go back to the continuity chat, could you explain threads in a short summary pls? other than that.. i'd suggest waiting, me and Wizard and Telrao are in the midst of a large subplot (or main plotline) and don't want to get intterupted. I'll ping you when you can invade tho.

@Ookla the Inverted

3 minutes ago, Ookla the Crow said:

Alr

Basically, I've come up with this catch-all system that can help describe most if not all separate magic systems that have some sort of effect on their surroundings. It uses "threads" to connect things together dynamically. These threads can form naturally or be created. They contain some information defining the connection. So, a teleportation spell would create physical threads between two locations, an Allomantic time bubble would manipulate the temporal connection between locations. Then there's "magic" threads (I need a better name), which the manipulator currently uses to track TAAron (kind of). As a balancing type thing, threads are very powerful and difficult to manipulate without knowledge of the information contained in them, so for example when TAAron was in a dimension that the manipulator didn't know about, he couldn't really create a physical connection to him and steal him, but he was able to once TAAron entered interdimensional space.

This is very convoluted, isn't it?

That's actually really interesting, and I like it a lot!

You've placed good limiters as well as good powers into this, and made it it's own little mini magic system. But yeah, for now, don't come to the clinic, no one's there, and I assume you want someone there or at least someone to notice.

7 hours ago, Ookla the Crow said:

Calano stands and walks over to Emma's chair. He scoots her over so he can sit down and hold her. This is obviously a struggle for her, and he wants to be there for comfort.

"Wizard gave his mortal life saving me from when the Clinic was invaded by Chickens. During the Second Chicken Siege, I also died, but I came back through a pure miracle of magic. The White Guardian of the Clinic took his body, and also apparently his spirit, and now it's... confusing."

"Interesting..." The Second studied Emma's and Calano's faces. These humans obviously love each other... it is a good thing. But their Connection may go deeper than they expect. Hm.

The Second snapped shut his notebook and put away his other books. He turned towards the blank brick wall again.

"Tell me, Emma, what do you see?" He pointed to the blank wall.

@Ookla the Myopic @Ookla the Crow

4 hours ago, Ookla the Shadowed said:

Matra ran on ahead to the burned-out building, raced down a flight of stairs, then stopped abruptly.

Hundreds of faces looked up at her with wide, fearful eyes. Some had attempted to hide, others simply stood and stared blankly. So this is where the survivors went.

Ruins of Tal'rin

Insa ran towards the building then descended the stairs much slower. 

"Wha-" Insa trailed off. She looked around the room looking for people she had seen before. Specifically looking for Sivilia. She had seemed to be a bit of a leader. But Insa was having trouble picking out faces from the group.

4 hours ago, Ookla the Shadowed said:

Ah, plot acceleration, much faster than I was planning. Very good.

Ruins of Tal'rin: Central Cellar

Bookwyrm summoned a ball of Nightfire that hovered above his hand, illuminating the survivors with it's silvery blue light.

He could see desperation in their eyes, but also hope.

"It's okay," he said. "The creature that destroyed your village is gone." Many of them perked up at this.

An older woman, short but stout, hobbled towards them with the help of a cane. She had a determined look in her eye.

"You?" she asked. "Our warriors brought you and this one-" she gestured to Insa "-here a few days ago. Then you left, and the creature came." She narrowed her eyes at Bookwyrm. "Is this your fault, Worldseer?"

Bookwyrm was startled. "No..." he started to say. Then paused.

"It could have been my presence that drew it," he eventually continued, "But I never meant any harm to Tal'rin." He looked around. "Is this everyone?"

"No," the old woman replied. "Our leader and warriors took the rest of the villagers and fled."

Bookwyrm nodded, then turned to Insa, Stormy, Silhouette, and Matra.

"Lead the villagers upstairs; make sure they're all safe and uninjured. Tend to those who need it." He looked over the faces of the village one more time. "There's something I need to check down here."

@Ookla the Pencil Taxi @Ookla the Debonair @InfiniteInsanity

Edited by Ookla the Perpetual

Stormy struggled to hide her shock at Bookwyrm's apparent magical powers and nodded, completely nonplussed to be in a position even resembling leadership, then turned to the villagers. "Follow me. There is nothing to fear."

In an undertone to Bookwyrm, she muttered, "Is there a way for me to get some powers?"

27 minutes ago, Ookla the Perpetual said:

Ruins of Tal'rin: Central Cellar

Bookwyrm summoned a ball of Nightfire that hovered above his hand, illuminating the survivors with it's silvery blue light.

He could see desperation in their eyes, but also hope.

"It's okay," he said. "The creature that destroyed your village is gone." Many of them perked up at this.

An older woman, short but stout, hobbled towards them with the help of a cane. She had a determined look in her eye.

"You?" she asked. "Our warriors brought you and this one-" she gestured to Insa "-here a few days ago. Then you left, and the creature came." She narrowed her eyes at Bookwyrm. "Is this your fault, Worldseer?"

Bookwyrm was startled. "No..." he started to say. Then paused.

"It could have been my presence that drew it," he eventually continued, "But I never meant any harm to Tal'rin." He looked around. "Is this everyone?"

"No," the old woman replied. "Our leader and warriors took the rest of the villagers and fled."

Bookwyrm nodded, then turned to Insa, Stormy, Silhouette, and Matra.

"Lead the villagers upstairs; make sure they're all safe and uninjured. Tend to those who need it." He looked over the faces of the village one more time. "There's something I need to check down here."

@Ookla the Pencil Taxi @Ookla the Debonair @InfiniteInsanity

Ruins of Tal'rin: Lowkey have no idea where this is

Silhouette saluted to Bookwyrm, then turned to the villagers. "Come with me," he said, then took them upstairs.

19 hours ago, Ookla the Floofy said:

"Interesting..." The Second studied Emma's and Calano's faces. These humans obviously love each other... it is a good thing. But their Connection may go deeper than they expect. Hm.

The Second snapped shut his notebook and put away his other books. He turned towards the blank brick wall again.

"Tell me, Emma, what do you see?" He pointed to the blank wall.

Emma opens her eyes and stares at the wall.

"I...I see a dark mist seeping out of door. The mist is silhouetted by a red glow."

@Ookla the Floofy @Ookla the Crow

Not good, not good. The Second thought to himself. This does not bode well.

Instead he closed his eyes and Connected with Emma for a brief moment. Pure pain, turmoil and stress seeped through... and a darkness supressed. This really does not bode well.

Carefully, he raised a paw to the wall. A door forms on the wall - dark mist seeping out.

"Child, is this what you saw?"

Calano's stress spikes, and he tightens his hold on his wife.

He's getting worried. Really worried. His mind starts racing, racing with scenarios and ideas and what could happen.

His breathing speeds up, it's getting hard for him to breathe.

@Ookla the Myopic @Ookla the Floofy

There was a sudden flash of white light in the corner of the room. Telrao, The Third, and another feline step into existence.

The Second glances in their direction. The door does not fade or move... it seems to be real. The dark mist strays across the carpet, fading slowly.

"Third, you have returned. What are your findings?"

The Third bows to the Second, then glances at Telrao, who seems a bit more... confused than usual. Her eyes are wide and afraid. Her gaze locks on the door and she stiffens, backing against the brick wall.

"The Fourth and I have analysed the samples from The Seventh's bracelets." The Third holds up the two small bracelets, still glowing with light. One a deep writhing purple, the other a calm white light.

The Fourth nods her furry head. "Indeed, the Power within these are strong, yet opposites. One is the power to destroy and wreak havoc, the other to heal and protect." She prods at Telrao, who is murmuring something to herself. "Telrao's Power is weakening. She may lose herself soon."

Telrao suddenly notices Calano and Emma sitting together on a chair, one nervous and panicked, the other calm and curious. She suddenly straightens and bounds over to Calano, jumping onto his lap and purring softly. The Fourth looks mournful. "There is nothing I can do about her. She may have to make The Choice." The Second seems contemplative and serious, his brown, angular face in deep thought.

Emma feels Calano's panic spiking and a memory returns.

it's dark in the cave, The boy from the village is next to her. She tries to blink back the tears that do not come. Her power picks up the poor boy and he is sacrified, his power drained and it becomes a key. Emma inserts the key into the lock and a rift opens in the air. A great being of blackness begins to coalesce.

In the Island the black mist begins to surge toward's Emma's open palm, condensing into a glistening blood red ring.

@Ookla the Crow @Ookla the Floofy