Insanity Clinic For The Moderately Brandofandonitis Afflicted

Medium

Ruins of Tal'rin: 

Calano looked at Emma, who directed Insa with a gesture to do something. He smiled, noting the liveliness in Emma's face.

"She is. I'm glad she is. It's nice to see her lively again." He turned to Bookwyrm, and said, "We should go figure out the coordinates. We can start our official journey for the Archive after we do that. We can let them keep sparring for a bit."

@Ookla the Perpetual @Ookla the Shadowed

Just now, Ookla the Crow said:

Ruins of Tal'rin: 

Calano looked at Emma, who directed Insa with a gesture to do something. He smiled, noting the liveliness in Emma's face.

"She is. I'm glad she is. It's nice to see her lively again." He turned to Bookwyrm, and said, "We should go figure out the coordinates. We can start our official journey for the Archive after we do that. We can let them keep sparring for a bit."

@Ookla the Perpetual @Ookla the Shadowed

Ruins of Tal'rin:

"Sounds good to me. Do you have the Puzzle Keystone?"

Bookwyrm paused.

"...Or is it a Puzzlekey Stone...."

Ruins of Tal'rin 

Insa grimaced. She had no idea how to use the stick. But an idea started to form in her mind. She swung the stick at Emma. As she did she surrounded the stick with a net of sparks. The net was formed in a way that if she hit anything some of the sparks would fly off. Probably wouldn't do anything but it was worth a shot.

@Ookla the Myopic

The Forest of Tal'rin

Emma grasps the stick in her free hand and the sparks evaporate. She slings the stick back to Insanity.

"If you want to learn magic, the first thing you're going to have to do is learn how to fight. The stick is your sword for now, come at me!"

Emma's feet shift into a defensive stance, waiting for Insanity to come at her.

@InfiniteInsanity

The Forest of Tal'rin

Emma neatly stepped to the side and angled Insa's strike away with her stick. Emma's stick pokes Insanity in her ribs.

"A lunge is good, hard to avoid, unless you know what to do."

Emma's stick rises up to block Insa's next strike and her next. Always flowing into place, never wavering, never slowing.

@InfiniteInsanity

The hallway

Oddly, as the weird goopy monster hurled a snowball like ball of shadows at him, Thaidakar thought about the clinic. Who the heck was even running it right now? He shrugged and ducked, the shadowy goop splatted against the stone behind him. Thaidakar gripped one of the carvings as he steadied himself, pushing his glasses back into his face before they slid off. That crack was going to be inconvenient. The carving was cold, colder than the rest of the hallway and it felt like metal. Thaidakar blinked and looked at it, it was another white stone with a carving in it. He tilted his head to look closer at it, but a pile of goopy shadows hit him in the back. He cursed, turning around, "you know, I never thought shadows would feel like wet hair until now."

The shadows seemed to slide off of Thaidakar's back with no apparent effect. The goop monster looked at Thaidakar, confused. In slow, weirdly accented soft words it said, "why not shadow?"

Thaidakar blinked, "but that's not..." He paused, the voice before hadn't been from the goop monster. Great. Someone else was trying to kill him besides this pathetic goop pile. "What if we became friends?"

The goop tilted its head, "friends?" 

"Allies, friends. Yeah, you help me and I help you. See?" Thaidakar said eagerly, wiping some of the shadows off his jacket.

"I... don't see..."

"We could help each other," Thaidakar said slowly. "If you show me how to get in this place..." he blinked, why had he said that? It became clear to him, there was a place here. Perhaps it was another archive... that would be interesting. "do you know about the world seers?"

"World seers?" it frowned visibly, "world seers bad... locked me up..."

"Well, maybe they aren't bad anymore! I know one, they aren't so bad. At least, not that I can tell. Perhaps we can change that and make you and the world seers friends!" said Thaidakar.

"Maybe..." it considered then smiled, "Gloppy will be friends with you."

Thaidakar grinned, "I'm Thaidakar. Good to meet you, Gloppy. Though, I'd prefer if you don't throw hairball shadows at me." 

Gloppy the shadows monster let out an uproarious laugh.

Ruins of Tal’rin

Matra nodded at Bookwyrm’s assertion that Insa was fine. She was still concerned for her friend, but she trusted Bookwyrm, so she let the matter drop. 

“So what do you reckon the coordinates mean? They look like they come in 3 parts, so maybe that’s important…” Matra racked her brain for a solution, but couldn’t come up with one. Bookwyrm and Calano were far more experienced than her, maybe they could figure it out. “What do you guys make of it?”

@Ookla the Perpetual @Ookla the Crow

Edited by Ookla the Shadowed

The Forest of Tal'rin

Emma slaps the stick out of Insa's hands and then raps her stick on Insa's knuckles.

"We're not done quite yet, there's still an hour of daylight left!"

@InfiniteInsanity

Her plan is to get Insa to collapse because of training, not in a mean way, but as a way of hardening Insa faster. And to teach her how to push through fatigue during a battle.

Edited by Ookla the Myopic

33 minutes ago, Ookla the Shadowed said:

Ruins of Tal’rin

Matra nodded at Bookwyrm’s assertion that Insa was fine. She was still concerned for her friend, but she trusted Bookwyrm, so she let the matter drop. 

“So what do you reckon the coordinates mean? They look like they come in 3 parts, so maybe that’s important…” Matra racked her brain for a solution, but couldn’t come up with one. Bookwyrm and Calano were far more experienced than her, maybe they could figure it out. “What do you guys make of it?”

@Ookla the Perpetual @Ookla the Crow

Ruins of Tal'rin

Bookwyrm started walking back towards the Central Cellar, and responded as he did so.

"They're part of a special coordinate system created by the Worldseers. We're an interdimensional organization. Observers. Seers, of many worlds. Hence the title 'Worldseers'.

"Because interdimensional travel between universes and multiverses is so important for us, we created a coordinate system for difficult pathways. The numbers provide information that, when cross referenced with the parameters given in the other runes, and when compared with the general interdimensional structure of this multiverse, should lead us to a specific location."

@Ookla the Crow

Edited by Ookla the Perpetual

Ruins of Tal'rin: Central Cellar

Bookwyrm picked up the Puzzle Stone and studied it, looking at the rune carved on it's face.

"We should head back to the Clinic," he said. "That gives us a little break, and also gives me time to figure out the coordinates, and how the stone fits into it all.

"Also, there are a group of villagers-with various powers-that fled Tal'rin rather than hiding. We should locate them and bring them back to the Clinic."

I introduced a few of the characters back when we fought the Gak, so if you need to bring them back, you should go re-read those pages.

@Ookla the Crow @Ookla the Shadowed

Forest of Tal'rin

Emma leaps over Insa's strike and lands behind her, striking her behind the shoulderblades. Emma speeds up, moving far faster than she was before, her stick raining blows down in Insa. Moving with the wind she dodges each of Insa's strikes and she counterattacks. Very soon Insa amasses a large amount of bruises.

@InfiniteInsanity

Ruins of Tal'rin: Central Cellar

Calano nodded. "I can check on the other villagers, see how they're settling in. If you want, you can see what we might have in the library on those runes, and it's also just a quiet space to work on decoding it and finding the coordinates. Those villagers with powers... we probably won't need them until we actually- if we actually- confront Kaos. Good to know though. Do you know where they went?"

what pages is that on and should i actually read that

@Ookla the Perpetual

Forest of Tal'rin

The next time Insa strikes, Emma steps into the strike, taking the hit. But she slams her stick into Insa's side, causing her to collapse. 

Emma reaches down offering her hand to help Insa up.

"You learned much and now I can start teaching you the forms. But experience is the best teacher, far better than I am. Would you like some food?"

@InfiniteInsanity

The hallway

Gloopy seemed to smile, "I will show you way." It walked up to the wall behind Thaidakar and touched the white stone set in it. A weird noise emitted from Gloopy and the wall shivered. Thaidakar tilted his head as the walls slid into the ground, revealing a wooden door with the world seers mark on it. Thaidakar smiled, "excellent..."

Forest of Tal'rin

Emma graps Insa's stick and her own stick and concentrating, they both disappear, deep into a hidden pocket. 

Gathering some other sticks, Emma quickly gets a fire going and she starts cooking some meat on a spit.

"It should be reading in a bit. I can start teaching you how to control your magic in that time"

@InfiniteInsanity