Insanity Clinic For The Moderately Brandofandonitis Afflicted

Medium

On 1/10/2023 at 9:16 AM, The Bookwyrm said:

Dreamscape: Sixth Archive Pathway - Hallway

Burning tin, Bookwyrm could spot the large intricate door at the end of the hallway rushing towards them as their "floor". He quickly made them weightless, and after a few moments air resistance pulled them to a stop. 

He positioned them in the right way, then ended all Lashings, dropping them back to the floor.

Weird how gravity works in dreams, he thought.

They were only a short walk from the entrance to the Archive.

"Here we are," he said. "Our second archive. Out of seven. Let's see how this goes."

@CalanoCorvus @Shadowed @Thaidakar the Ghostblood

On 1/10/2023 at 10:39 AM, Shadowed said:

Matra resisted the urge to run forward. They were so close… But Calano was right, they should be cautious. They didn’t know the things that could be down through that archway.

”Are there likely to be… obstacles? Magic? Sentient guards? Does anyone know?”

On 1/10/2023 at 9:39 AM, CalanoCorvus said:

Calano blinked, activating Lightvision, allowing him to see in the dark, among other things. "Everyone be careful," He said,  "Be on alert for anything."

1 minute ago, CalanoCorvus said:

"Bookwyrm?" Calano said, gesturing to the door, "Would you like to do the honors?"

@The Bookwyrm @Shadowed @Thaidakar the Ghostblood

Dreamscape: Sixth Archive

The door opened from the inside, revealing Gloppy walking over. He was made of a pile of black goo. Where eyes should be, there were two slits that glowed a deep red. "The Friend was right... Welcome to the archive!" 

He turned and saw Bookwyrm, he tilted his head, "something bad about you... Worldseer maybe..." Gloppy's thoughts sped up for a few moments, then slowed back into their regular slowness. "hmm... the Friend was expecting you." he stepped aside, letting the three pass into the archive.

Calano jumped, startled, and summoned a small ball of Deathfire, ready to attack. Once he saw the apparent ppile of black goo, he dismissed the Deathfire.

"I- Uh-" Calano stuttered, "What?"

Edited by CalanoCorvus

48 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Calano jumped, startled, and summoned a small ball of Deathfire, ready to attack. Once he saw the apparent ppile of black goo, he dismissed the Deathfire.

"I- Uh-" Calano stuttered, "What?"

"The Friend said to tell him when someone came... come with me!" A long thin slit appeared just below the eyes, a smile. Gloppy started walking into the archive in the direction his new friend had gone.

1 hour ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

Ravelast: Sixth Archive Gateway

Insa rolled her eyes. "I'll go. And you two will both stay."

@UnfortunatelyNamed @Aes Sedai

Rue groans. "I should've stayed asleep." She leans back against her tree.

@UnfortunatelyNamed

Dreamscape: Sixth Archive

The archive was a large cavern Tall bookshelves lined the walls in places and went all through out the cavern in tall neat rows. Suits of armor and other random artifacts lined the walls and went infront a few of the books. Maps of foreign places and tapestries with alien writing giving context to the scenes depicted on them covered most of the uneven walls next to the shelves. Snake-like birds flew around the roof, squawking and cawing. Crystalline torches were lit with rainbow-like white fire. The roof was made of reflective black metal in the shape of a cavern roof. The walls had various veins of the black metal, normal stone and some sort of white stone. In the long rows of books, glow globes hovered around, casting shadows as they passed. At the walls, there would occasionally be a door (most were locked). There was one part where you couldn't tell there was a a boxlike room carved into the side of it unless you were directly looking at it. 

Gloppy led them down the long side towards a figure cast in shadows. The figure was looking at a map, absorbed in thought.

@CalanoCorvus@Shadowed@The Bookwyrm

Edited by Thaidakar the Ghostblood

59 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Dreamscape: Sixth Archive

The archive was a large cavern Tall bookshelves lined the walls in places and went all through out the cavern in tall neat rows. Suits of armor and other random artifacts lined the walls and went infront a few of the books. Maps of foreign places and tapestries with alien writing giving context to the scenes depicted on them covered most of the uneven walls next to the shelves. Snake-like birds flew around the roof, squawking and cawing. Crystalline torches were lit with rainbow-like white fire. The roof was made of reflective black metal in the shape of a cavern roof. The walls had various veins of the black metal, normal stone and some sort of white stone. In the long rows of books, glow globes hovered around, casting shadows as they passed. At the walls, there would occasionally be a door (most were locked). There was one part where you couldn't tell there was a a boxlike room carved into the side of it unless you were directly looking at it. 

Gloppy led them down the long side towards a figure cast in shadows. The figure was looking at a map, absorbed in thought.

@CalanoCorvus@Shadowed@The Bookwyrm

Something that the strange goop creature had said bothered Bookwyrm as they followed it through the Archive.

Something bad about you...Worldseer...

Why would Worldseers be bad?

Unless something happened to these offshoots...

Bookwyrm was torn from his thoughts as he noticed a shadowed figure studying a map. This had to be the person the goop was talking about...a Worldseer? A researcher trapped in here for countless millennia?

But there had been no other unconscious bodies at the gateway...perhaps there were other entrances into the Dreamscape.

"Uh, hello?" Bookwyrm called to the figure.

@CalanoCorvus @Shadowed

3 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Something that the strange goop creature had said bothered Bookwyrm as they followed it through the Archive.

Something bad about you...Worldseer...

Why would Worldseers be bad?

Unless something happened to these offshoots...

Bookwyrm was torn from his thoughts as he noticed a shadowed figure studying a map. This had to be the person the goop was talking about...a Worldseer? A researcher trapped in here for countless millennia?

But there had been no other unconscious bodies at the gateway...perhaps there were other entrances into the Dreamscape.

"Uh, hello?" Bookwyrm called to the figure.

@CalanoCorvus @Shadowed

He looked up, the shadows dissolving quickly. He wore a white button-up shirt under a long black jacket/cloak. His dark hair accented his tanned skin. Thaidakar nodded, as if expecting them. "welcome to the Sixth Archive." 

Gloppy smiled wider, walking up, "the Friend! I did as you asked!"

"Good job, Gloppy." Thaidakar's face was void of emotion. He turned back to the rest of them. "This is an odd place... an archive in the Dreamscape? It will require a lot of examination..." He didn't mention that an automaton had tried to kill him with a dagger that the chickens had used, or the fact that he'd seen Glyph again after... a long time.

The Forest

Emma awoke alone. Her friend already having turned into a dead tree, a black substance leaking out of it. The same substance that she had noticed leaking out of all the trees before.

Emma collapsed, despite having been asleep she had no energy. She had so little left. It was almost time, almost-not she must fi-sleep and rest. Yes that was what she was going to do.

Thudding to the earth Emma closed her violet eyes, the darkness begining it's work. Reshaping the fibers of her very being.

@InfiniteInsanity @CalanoCorvus

Corvus I am summoning you because you would be able to sense it since the bond between Calano and Emma is strong. He would feel the shift.

On 1/10/2023 at 11:50 AM, Witless of Shinovar said:

A confused spearman walks into whatever is going on here and wonders if he can join

Yes, you can join if you wish! It is quite fun and easy if you so wish. Just create a character, drop them in the clinic, though most are in a forest somewhere else or in a dreamworld. So there is a portal in the clinic that you should be able to see to enter the forest when you make a character. I or Calano will probably check you into the clinical world through the receptionist in the clinic and then you are free to come join us in our crazyness!

On 1/11/2023 at 11:25 AM, Being of Cacophony said:

The realm of the Tiger

"Master," Platypus starts. "Did I do something wrong? Is there nothing more to say than that?"

Platypus looks into Wizard's eyes but can't tell what he's thinking. (Platypus isn't very good at perceiving people's thoughts even if Wizard isn't hiding his.) Inside Platypus' head, however, different things are happening. His thoughts are flying. Why?! How could he do that to me? I want justice!

@The Wandering Wizard

"Hmmmm."

Wizard's sword vanishes in a puff of golden light. Paws smack on the ground as Wizard paces around Platypus, trying to discern excatly what he should do. 

He knew that he needed to leave and now. His twin had nearly turned. Her mind was in a state of confusion and the darkness was breaking down the link. Shoving a thought down the line he sent the impression of hold on.

Something snapped inside of him a connection. HIS connection to his twin.

Emma, stay strong. Stay strong.

Pacing had always helped before. Peace however was being elusive.

Troubled Wizard sat back on his haunches, thoughts not on Platypus but on what he would have to do. The truth he would never be able to tell. They would have to figure it out on their own soon. So very soon.

"Hmmm."

@Being of Cacophony

On 1/11/2023 at 11:25 AM, Being of Cacophony said:

okay, if you can't tell, I'm new to this whole thing. :unsure: I rarely interact with others. it's overrated most of the time.:rolleyes: also, why would Wizard never teach him a mind-guarding trick? you don't have to answer that if you don't want to, I'm just curious.

Now I have to remember why Wizard wouldn't. :P

And it's fine, all you need to do is when you're doing stuff, just don't do anything for Wizard. Because I'll stagger his responses. No that's not the word. So when you're doing a lot in a single post, what I will do is have Wizard react to the stuff as he would after the last time I posted, go through your post and then more into my post. It helps keep the story flowing and it works for others to have everything happen in time. 

Hmmm, Wizard wouldn't teach him because it's not really something that he can. It's more something that everyone would have to learn on their own and it would take time, too much time to teach him. Plus if Wizard were to teach him, it would mean that Platypus could gain access to his mind becuase of how he would teach it. So anyone that could enter Platypus's mind could then enter Wizard's and that would be problematic as it takes a lot of time to gain strength and even then. There are some beings that could enter almost anyone's mind. Also I don't quite know how I would teach it.

And if you could post Platypus's thoughts like you have that would be helpful, since Wizard can and is going to read his mind, but it's hard to do that without Godmoding, unless you put his thoughts like you have.

Also Wizard is only going to teach you the two, because one he will sense the shifting in the world that is going to happen and also what he senses in Platypus's mind. Mostly what is going on in the world and he knows that his time is short. 

"Right. It's decided then." Nameless handed Insa a rectangular device. "Insa, you go look for Emma. Use that thing to call me if you find her or anything else dangerous out there. I'll come as quickly as I can." Turning to Rue, Nameless narrowed his eyes. "Me and the Aes Sedai will stay here and call you if Emma comes back, or we need you."

@InfiniteInsanity @Aes Sedai

Insa nodded taking the device. "Don't kill each other."

She walked off into the forest looking for Emma.

1 hour ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Emma awoke alone. Her friend already having turned into a dead tree, a black substance leaking out of it. The same substance that she had noticed leaking out of all the trees before.

Emma collapsed, despite having been asleep she had no energy. She had so little left. It was almost time, almost-not she must fi-sleep and rest. Yes that was what she was going to do.

Thudding to the earth Emma closed her violet eyes, the darkness begining it's work. Reshaping the fibers of her very being.

Insa walked for a while before she saw a figure laying on the ground. "Emma?"

2 hours ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

He looked up, the shadows dissolving quickly. He wore a white button-up shirt under a long black jacket/cloak. His dark hair accented his tanned skin. Thaidakar nodded, as if expecting them. "welcome to the Sixth Archive." 

Gloppy smiled wider, walking up, "the Friend! I did as you asked!"

"Good job, Gloppy." Thaidakar's face was void of emotion. He turned back to the rest of them. "This is an odd place... an archive in the Dreamscape? It will require a lot of examination..." He didn't mention that an automaton had tried to kill him with a dagger that the chickens had used, or the fact that he'd seen Glyph again after... a long time.

"Worldseers gain access to a variety of magic systems as they travel," Bookwyrm said. "I wouldn't put it past them to create this place, and hide one of their Archives in it."

He fell silent for a moment. "Though I'm beginning to doubt that the "Worldseers" who called these universes home were even Worldseers anymore...they're too different. But I suppose that's a discussion for another time."

He walked up to Thaidakar and held out a hand. "It's good to see you again, friend. How'd you find yourself here?"

@CalanoCorvus @Shadowed

2 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

"Worldseers gain access to a variety of magic systems as they travel," Bookwyrm said. "I wouldn't put it past them to create this place, and hide one of their Archives in it."

He fell silent for a moment. "Though I'm beginning to doubt that the "Worldseers" who called these universes home were even Worldseers anymore...they're too different. But I suppose that's a discussion for another time."

He walked up to Thaidakar and held out a hand. "It's good to see you again, friend. How'd you find yourself here?"

@CalanoCorvus @Shadowed

Thaidakar took Bookwyrm's hand and shook it firmly. Finally, he grinned, "it's good to see someone real... not that Gloppy isn't real, just... well, someone who I know." He stepped back, "I don't rightly know how I got here... I appeared about a day or two ago out somewhere in this giant field of a planet. Had to fight these wolf-bat things... it was an experience. A... a lot of things happened besides that." A glint of a red appeared in his eyes, it disappeared less than a second later. "We have a lot to talk about. For now, tell me, what has been going on with everyone else?"

2 hours ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

The Forest

"Hmmmm."

Wizard's sword vanishes in a puff of golden light. Paws smack on the ground as Wizard paces around Platypus, trying to discern excatly what he should do. 

He knew that he needed to leave and now. His twin had nearly turned. Her mind was in a state of confusion and the darkness was breaking down the link. Shoving a thought down the line he sent the impression of hold on.

Something snapped inside of him a connection. HIS connection to his twin.

Emma, stay strong. Stay strong.

Pacing had always helped before. Peace however was being elusive.

Troubled Wizard sat back on his haunches, thoughts not on Platypus but on what he would have to do. The truth he would never be able to tell. They would have to figure it out on their own soon. So very soon.

"Hmmm."

@Being of Cacophony

If Emma goes evil and turns from Calano, then the Stacis bracelets TAAron gave to both of them will shatter and burst. That is, unless her soul remains uncorrupted.

Edited by The Aspiring Archivist

11 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Thaidakar took Bookwyrm's hand and shook it firmly. Finally, he grinned, "it's good to see someone real... not that Gloppy isn't real, just... well, someone who I know." He stepped back, "I don't rightly know how I got here... I appeared about a day or two ago out somewhere in this giant field of a planet. Had to fight these wolf-bat things... it was an experience. A... a lot of things happened besides that." A glint of a red appeared in his eyes, it disappeared less than a second later. "We have a lot to talk about. For now, tell me, what has been going on with everyone else?"

Bookwyrm saw Thaidakar's eyes glint red briefly. A faint seed of worry took place in his mind. He quickly buried it.

This is Thaidakar.

"To be honest, I'm not all that sure. We were mostly focused on finding the Archive, based on the clues we found in Tal'rin. The three of us were part of the expedition, but everyone else is still back on a planet called Ravelast, which holds one of the gateways into the Dreamscape. I'm sure they're up to stuff, but I've been a little focused on this."

40 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Bookwyrm saw Thaidakar's eyes glint red briefly. A faint seed of worry took place in his mind. He quickly buried it.

This is Thaidakar.

"To be honest, I'm not all that sure. We were mostly focused on finding the Archive, based on the clues we found in Tal'rin. The three of us were part of the expedition, but everyone else is still back on a planet called Ravelast, which holds one of the gateways into the Dreamscape. I'm sure they're up to stuff, but I've been a little focused on this."

He nodded, "alright. I have no idea where I am in actuality, one minute I was with the rest of you, the next I was drifting in my mind... I broke through something there and appeared in the field I mentioned." Thaidakar adjusted his glasses. 

4 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

He nodded, "alright. I have no idea where I am in actuality, one minute I was with the rest of you, the next I was drifting in my mind... I broke through something there and appeared in the field I mentioned." Thaidakar adjusted his glasses. 

Bookwyrm put a hand on his chin, thoughtful.

"I wonder if you somehow came here physically. Like...rather than your physical body being somewhere else and this just a manifestation of your mind and powers, this is somehow actually you standing here." Bookwyrm shrugged. "Though I don't know if that's even possible..."

Bookwyrm looked around the cavernous Archive. "By the way, do you know where the central Datacenter is? I want to download the information in this Archive into my tome like I did for the Fourth Archive. Besides knowledge of....personal value, there should be information on how to defeat Kaos."

@CalanoCorvus @Shadowed

Edited by The Bookwyrm

The forest

1 hour ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

Insa walked for a while before she saw a figure laying on the ground. "Emma?"

The figure on the ground turned and shifted, muttering in her sleep.

Suddenly a dome of darkness sprung up around the woman, trapping Insa inside.

How would you like to be turned :eyes:

@InfiniteInsanity

35 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

If Emma goes evil and turns from Calano, then the Stacis bracelets TAAron gave to both of them will shatter and burst. That is, unless her soul remains uncorrupted.

Yes and no :P