Insanity Clinic For The Moderately Brandofandonitis Afflicted

Medium

2 hours ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Dreamscape: Sixth Archive

Calano shot back a quick thanks to Bookwyrm, then dashed towards his location, turning this way and that.

He soon arrived, also noticing Nameless and Thaidakar, deep in conversation. He turned to Bookwyrm.

"What have you found on Kaos?" He asked, eyes steely.

@The Bookwyrm

Dreamscape: The Sixth Archive

"I don't know yet," Bookwyrm said. He held up his personal tome. "But if this Archive has any information on Kaos, it's now in here, for us to access as needed."

He tucked the book away and turned to the group.

"We have what we came for. Let's get back to Ravelast."

@Thaidakar the Ghostblood @UnfortunatelyNamed @Shadowed

Just now, The Bookwyrm said:

"I don't know yet," Bookwyrm said. He held up his personal tome. "But if this Archive has any information on Kaos, it's now in here, for us to access as needed."

He tucked the book away and turned to the group.

"We have what we came for. Let's get back to Ravelast."

@Thaidakar the Ghostblood @UnfortunatelyNamed @Shadowed

"First... there is something we must discuss. Something I tried to mention before, but... it got lost among other things." THaidakar adjusted his glasses. "I am afraid that we have another enemy. And that enemy is called the Dark Entity. They... they are set on making me their avatar, their representative to the multiverses."

Calano nodded. "Whenever you're ready." He said to Bookwyrm, preparing to fall asleep and wake up at the same time.

Ravelast: Sixth Archive Gateway

"So sad," Layra said, pouting, "What happened to them. We can help you though."

@The Bookwyrm @InfiniteInsanity @The Wandering Wizard

1 minute ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

"First... there is something we must discuss. Something I tried to mention before, but... it got lost among other things." THaidakar adjusted his glasses. "I am afraid that we have another enemy. And that enemy is called the Dark Entity. They... they are set on making me their avatar, their representative to the multiverses."

Suddenly, one of Bookwyrm's visions of dread made sense.

Darkness is corrupting...

"I see," he said after a pause. "But we should talk about this back at the Clinic. Or at least somewhere safer and less...dimensionally unstable."

1 minute ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Calano nodded. "Whenever you're ready." He said to Bookwyrm, preparing to fall asleep and wake up at the same time.

Bookwyrm concentrated his mental powers and pulled himself out of the dream realm.

Bookwyrm snapped awake on the cold, hard ground. The storm-covered sky above swirled with powerful winds and the occasional burst of lightning, but it was calm here on the surface.

Bookwyrm stood up and turned to see a black dome of darkness. He felt three minds inside. One, completely unfamiliar. One, a twisted version of a soul he knew.

And one a close friend he didn't even remember how he met.

His eyes widened.

@InfiniteInsanity @The Wandering Wizard

Emma's eyebrows flick upwards and she shrugged as if to say she tried.

Lightning fast Emma teleports behind Insa, reaching out to touch her, her breath touching the back of Insa's neck.

"You'll thank us soon."

@InfiniteInsanity @CalanoCorvus

"Hold!" Layra shouted, sensing something. She grabbed Emma's arm.

"Listen, feel. Someone is near."

Calano opened his eyes, seeing the dome. And he sensed it too. The mind of someone he knew as an acquantiance.. and his wife. And sister.

But it wasn't them. He paled, his breathing slowing as time seemed to freeze.

Edited by CalanoCorvus

3 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Suddenly, one of Bookwyrm's visions of dread made sense.

Darkness is corrupting...

"I see," he said after a pause. "But we should talk about this back at the Clinic. Or at least somewhere safer and less...dimensionally unstable."

Bookwyrm concentrated his mental powers and pulled himself out of the dream realm.

Bookwyrm snapped awake on the cold, hard ground. The storm-covered sky above swirled with powerful winds and the occasional burst of lightning, but it was calm here on the surface.

Bookwyrm stood up and turned to see a black dome of darkness. He felt three minds inside. One, completely unfamiliar. One, a twisted version of a soul he knew.

And one a close friend he didn't even remember how he met.

His eyes widened.

"Wait, how do I get to Ravelast? What does it look like?" Thaidakar said.

@CalanoCorvus @Shadowed @UnfortunatelyNamed

Just now, InfiniteInsanity said:

Panic shot through Insa. She reached out mentally trying to find someone anyone. She found Bookwyrm. Get out of here. Get them all out of here. NOW.

@The Bookwyrm

Bookwyrm heard the plea, but ignored it.

I'm not leaving you.

Bookwyrm left Ravelast, entering the interdimensional space for a brief second, before pulling himself back in; but this time, within the dome of darkness.

A sword of many forms fell into his hand; though at the moment it held it's general shape, forged of blueish black metal.

"Emma," he said, sadly. "What happened to you?"

@CalanoCorvus @The Wandering Wizard

1 minute ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

"Wait, how do I get to Ravelast? What does it look like?" Thaidakar said.

@CalanoCorvus @Shadowed @UnfortunatelyNamed

Whoops. I forgot Thaidakar isn't at Ravelast in actuality, instead using another gate to the Archive. Perhaps Nameless can make a Gateway for you...or something...

Edited by The Bookwyrm

1 minute ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Whoops. I forgot Thaidakar isn't at Ravelast in actuality, instead using another gate to the Archive. Perhaps Nameless can make a Gateway for you...or something...

lol 

that could work.

Calano watched Bookwyrm pop out of existence, then heard muffled voices from inside the dome.

He took a deep breath, summoned a sword of pure Light, and slashed his way into the dome. He saw Emma and Layra, standing over Insa.

"Get away from her," He said coldly to Emma and Layra.

Layra grinned, but stepped back. "Hello brother," She said.

@The Bookwyrm @The Wandering Wizard @InfiniteInsanity

5 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Bookwyrm heard the plea, but ignored it.

I'm not leaving you.

Bookwyrm left Ravelast, entering the interdimensional space for a brief second, before pulling himself back in; but this time, within the dome of darkness.

A sword of many forms fell into his hand; though at the moment it held it's general shape, forged of blueish black metal.

"Emma," he said, sadly. "What happened to you?"

1 minute ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Calano watched Bookwyrm pop out of existence, then heard muffled voices from inside the dome.

He took a deep breath, summoned a sword of pure Light, and slashed his way into the dome. He saw Emma and Layra, standing over Insa.

"Get away from her," He said coldly to Emma and Layra.

Layra grinned, but stepped back. "Hello brother," She said.

@The Bookwyrm @The Wandering Wizard @InfiniteInsanity

No! You need to leave. They'll get you.

Just now, InfiniteInsanity said:

No! You need to leave. They'll get you.

Bookwyrm met Insa's eyes.

I'm. Not. Leaving. You.

He turned his gaze to Calano for a brief moment and nodded his appreciation. Then he looked back to Emma.

"Why?" he said. "Why would you let this darkness corrupt your soul? For so long, you were able to wield it, as a tool, for good. Now you've become the weapon in the hands of something else. I thought you were strong, Emma. Why did you let yourself fall?"

2 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

"Hold!" Layra shouted, sensing something. She grabbed Emma's arm.

"Listen, feel. Someone is near."

"I know, but now we have a prisoner to force them to surrender."

A wicked grin spread across Emma's face and she wiggled her fingers near Insa's ear. A shot of darkness travels inside.

"You have your orders. Subdue them, and take that book!"

Turning to Calano she grins, "hello dear. What a lovely surprise it is to see you here."

The midnight sword falls into Emma's hands and she raises it in mock salute of the spars they had together, before her corruption.

It's not a corrupting bolt, but it will bascially allow Emma to control Insa. Temporarily "turning" her to their side, and her eyes would be solid black while she is under the influence of it. She can break free from it and it's not permanent like corruption.

Calano paused, then raised his sword in mock salute as well.

"My wife is truly gone then," He said, and his bracelet shattered. "You and me, Emma."

He hissed through his teeth, then launched himself at his once beloved.

Light Against Dark.

Ordur Against Kaos.

@The Wandering Wizard

Just now, CalanoCorvus said:

Calano paused, then raised his sword in mock salute as well.

"My wife is truly gone then," He said, and his bracelet shattered. "You and me, Emma."

He hissed through his teeth, then launched himself at his once beloved.

Light Against Dark.

Ordur Against Kaos.

@The Wandering Wizard

I wouldn't discount Bookwyrm's magic so easily...the connection still exists. They're still wearing their rings, the crow and the raven.

It may mean that darkness leaks into Calano...

But it could also mean that light filters through to Emma.

Just a thought.

As Calano charged Emma, Bookwyrm burned Electrum and moved to dispatch Layra. He swung his sword at her legs.

At the same time, he gathered Light in his mind before shoving it into Insa, melting away the temporary corruption.