Insanity Clinic For The Moderately Brandofandonitis Afflicted

Medium

10 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

As Calano charged Emma, Bookwyrm burned Electrum and moved to dispatch Layra. He swung his sword at her legs.

At the same time, he gathered Light in his mind before shoving it into Insa, melting away the temporary corruption.

It would be harder than that to remove it.

Ravelast: Sixth Archive Gateway

Emma's sword flashed against Calano's. The blinding white flashing against the all consuming blackness. Raven against crow.

Her way of the Raven against Calano's way of the crow. She knew more forms that him and she used her powers of darkness to call upon a second form. Something that had been impossible before. Calling upon the way of the Cat along with the way of the Raven, Emma pressed hard against Calano. Her sword moving faster than thought, her instincts blocking blows before she even knew they were coming.

@CalanoCorvus

6 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

so there's a couple ways this battle could go.

You know that Emma's toying with you all right? She and Layra can retreat through the barrier while you all can't.

Edited by The Wandering Wizard

Calano whirled, the Light enveloping him against the ever pressing onslaught of Dark.

At this point, he had nothing left to lose. And Emma still had everything to lose.

So he whirled and struck and slashed and jabbed. A furious display of swordplay from the two of them.

He split the sword in two, dual wielding against the Cat and Raven. A crow had beak and talon.

Calano had beak and talon.

@The Wandering Wizard

i literally slashed my way in here with a sword of Light. I can follow Emma.

Layra jumped over Bookwyrms sword, hissing, but remained standing. Everyone else was in a very personal battle. Hm.

End it. A voice in Layra's head said.

End it now. The voice said.

Layra froze.

19 minutes ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

Ravelast Sixth Gateway Archive

Before Bookwyrm can answer her the darkness takes over Insa again. She swings her sword at him. "Where's the book?"

@The Bookwyrm

Scud, Bookwyrm thought as he dodged Insa's strike.

At least...she's holding out. No permanent corruption

"I'm sorry," Bookwyrm said to Insa. "This won't exactly be comfortable..."

Bookwyrm touched Insa's arm, and increased the gravity around her, forcing her onto her knees. He used that same gravity to restrain her arms, then knelt down and put his fingers on her temples.

Then, Bookwyrm pushed himself into Insa's mind.

@The Wandering Wizard

Is Emma ever going to try to make the corruption permanent?

7 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

i literally slashed my way in here with a sword of Light. I can follow Emma.

Your bodies were already inside of it. Though you probably could follow. 

The darkness demanded the blood of the Crow and Emma its willing servant.

She tapped into a third form, the way of the tortoise and gained a shield. She evolved another form, the cat into the tiger. 

Her feet flew across the floor, beating a tempo from the darkness. A final weapon, it nearly was too much, controlling Insa, keeping up the dome, and all the weapons, the sword, the shield, and the music. 

So dropped the dome, her fury undaunted, her sword raged against Calano. Seeking the deadly opening, until it found it.

@CalanoCorvus

1 minute ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Is Emma ever going to try to make the corruption permanent?

Yes, after this battle :P

Just now, InfiniteInsanity said:

Insa struggles trying to get up again. "Get out of my head."

@The Bookwyrm

Insa's Mind

A thick darkness covered everything, hiding memories and thoughts.

Bookwyrm gathered light and tried to push through.

Insa? Are you there? Can you hear me?

1 minute ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Yes, after this battle :P

I thought it would make things...interesting...if you did it right now, while Bookwyrm is actually in Insa's head.

Calano's soul thrummed with the Rhythm Of The Light, pulsing out against the Tempo Of The Dark emmited by Emma.

"Think, dammit!" Calano shouted, tears forming in his eyes, "You resisted so long! Why let go now?!"

He whirled, blocking attacks from all sides.

@The Wandering Wizard

"Get. Out. Of. My. Head."

Insa's Mind

Yes? The response is faint barely head through the darkness.

@The Bookwyrm

Insa's Mind

Bookwyrm latched onto that mental string, letting it pull him through the darkness. He sent out bursts of light, trying to clear Insa's mind.

I'm coming! he sent.

Just now, The Bookwyrm said:

I thought it would make things...interesting...if you did it right now, while Bookwyrm is actually in Insa's head.

Suggestion accepted :P

Each strike hammers at Calano. Intensifying with every word that spilled out of her mouth.

"It was corrupting me while I was using the powers. It was corrupting me to not use the powers. You knew this was coming. You knew."

@CalanoCorvus

Insa's Mind

The darkness inside intensified, sinking inside of Insanity's very being. Infecting every fiber of who she was with Kaos. A dark storm brewed on the horizon.

@InfiniteInsanity @The Bookwyrm

1 minute ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Each strike hammers at Calano. Intensifying with every word that spilled out of her mouth.

"It was corrupting me while I was using the powers. It was corrupting me to not use the powers. You knew this was coming. You knew."

@CalanoCorvus

Insa's Mind

The darkness inside intensified, sinking inside of Insanity's very being. Infecting every fiber of who she was with Kaos. A dark storm brewed on the horizon.

Insa's Mind

Bookwyrm understood the nature of this darkness.

Kaos was corrupting Insa's being. Not just her actions. Her very self.

No, he thought. I can't...I don't even know how I met you.

But I can't let this happen.

An idea formed.

It wasn't the best idea. But it was the only one he could think of.

Bookwyrm extinguished his light and instead turned on a power akin to gravity, pulling the Darkness towards him, clearing Insa's mind and soul.

Bookwyrm stared into Insa's eyes and gave a sad smile.

2 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Bookwyrm extinguished his light and instead turned on a power akin to gravity, pulling the Darkness towards him, clearing Insa's mind and soul.

Insa's Mind

The darkness refused to budge. It rejects his sacrifice instead continuing to infest Insa's mind.

@The Bookwyrm

Edited by The Wandering Wizard

5 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

@CalanoCorvus

Insa's Mind

"You wouldn't let me help!" Calano shotued, tears falling, "You sequestered it away, knowing it would come back to bite you, and didn't let me help you!! We could have shared the darkness. It would have been doable.." Calano said, resisting less and less, until he was knocked to the side by one of Emma's blows.

He looked up as she came nearer.

@The Wandering Wizard

Insa's mind

As the darkness grew so did Insa's panic and fear. And faintly Insa's voice came through again. Get out. I can't stop it. Get out.

@The Bookwyrm

Insa's Mind

Bookwyrm ignored her. He desperately tried to call the Darkness to him, trying to get it to leave Insa and enter him.

Please, he said. I can't...I can't lose you.

Insa's Mind

If you take it I lose you. They need you.

@The Bookwyrm

Insa's Mind

I...

The darkness continued to advance.

Logic spoke to Bookwyrm, and yet eluded him at the same time.

He froze in that moment as darkness enveloped the mindspace around him.

@The Wandering Wizard

Is Bookwyrm going to suffer repercussions for being in a mind as it's corrupted?

44 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

"You wouldn't let me help!" Calano shotued, tears falling, "You sequestered it away, knowing it would come back to bite you, and didn't let me help you!! We could have shared the darkness. It would have been doable.." Calano said, resisting less and less, until he was knocked to the side by one of Emma's blows.

He looked up as she came nearer.

@The Wandering Wizard

"I never let you help! You're the one who left me alone and in the darkness! You're the one who corrupted me!"

Emma's sword flashes downward and bites into a brilliant white shield which appears around Calano.

A pure white tiger flashes into reality, his brilliant white eyes flashing.

"Hello sister. It's been a long time."

@CalanoCorvus

What is Layra doing right now?

33 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Is Bookwyrm going to suffer repercussions for being in a mind as it's corrupted?

Yes, though not full corruption right away. He would suffer a very slow corruption over time.

funny mental things :]

"What?" Layra whispered.

Useless. The voice said, You can't do anything. You have no true power. Just end it.

Layra summoned a small dagger, and looked at it.

End it.

She brought the dagger up to her throat.

"I didn'-" Calano is cut off as the brilliant shield appears.

He curses.

@The Wandering Wizard

The Sixth Archive dreamscape

Thaidakar couldn't wait, so he tried to think of where Calano and Bookwyrm had gone... he tried to picture it. Revalast... 

He reached for something that wasn't there, eyes starting to glow light red... he sighed, "for the greater good." Thaidakar reached with the power and found the place he was supposed to go. "Well, time to go." He disappeared in a bright flash of red light. 

As he disappeared, he merged with his physical body.

Thaidakar appeared in a burst of red sparks and said, "what'd I miss?"

what does the gateway look like?