Insanity Clinic For The Moderately Brandofandonitis Afflicted

Medium

Just now, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Thaidakar nodded, smiling as he walked into the hallway. He didn't notice Telrao. He passed Jimmy Thunder who gave him an odd look. "How're you doing?" asked Thaidakar.

"Say hello to your girlfriend for me." A long, dark sword appeared in Jimmy's hand as he swung at Thaidakar.

Thaidakar ducked just in time, the sword cutting some of his hair off. He cursed.

The Clinic

Telrao gasped softly as Thaidakar narrowly avoided being decapitated. She stepped forward to help, then stopped herself. He doesn't need help. She watched for a second longer.

The Light shall shine. You know what to do, Little One. A voice whispered, warm and soft like the sunshine of an Autumn day.

Telrao breathed deeply and quickly began to draw Aon Daa with her claw, lines in the air bursting to life, brighter than before. She finished adding the modifiers, then swiped the final line. The Aon shuddered and glowed brightly before releasing a pure beam of white light that hit the attacker's chest.

Man, guys, I'm beginning to regret this a little. RPing on your own isn't as fun.

Island on a Distant World

Bookwyrm continued his journey through the foliage. He wore sturdy black hiking boots, black cargo pants, and a black and blue jacket with a casual button shirt underneath. He had transformed his infinite pouch into a nice modern travelling backpack, because frankly it felt nicer. 

He adjusted his glasses and stepped out onto the beach of the lagoon. In the distance, he could see waves crashing against the barrier reef that marked the entrance into the bay, but the waves in the lagoon were calm and peaceful. They lapped gently against the shore with a hypnotic sound.

Bookwyrm paused for a moment. Well, I'm here. Now what...

Eventually, he decided to set up a base camp before exploring the island. He put up a small tent, dug a fire pit, and spend half an hour gathering wood and some strange fruit from the nearby jungle. After putting up some magical protections around the base camp, he went to go explore the island.

If I'm lucky I'll find something useful. The Archive wouldn't have information on this place for nothing.

2 hours ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Bookwyrm continued his journey through the foliage. He wore sturdy black hiking boots, black cargo pants, and a black and blue jacket with a casual button shirt underneath. He had transformed his infinite pouch into a nice modern travelling backpack, because frankly it felt nicer. 

He adjusted his glasses and stepped out onto the beach of the lagoon. In the distance, he could see waves crashing against the barrier reef that marked the entrance into the bay, but the waves in the lagoon were calm and peaceful. They lapped gently against the shore with a hypnotic sound.

Bookwyrm paused for a moment. Well, I'm here. Now what...

Eventually, he decided to set up a base camp before exploring the island. He put up a small tent, dug a fire pit, and spend half an hour gathering wood and some strange fruit from the nearby jungle. After putting up some magical protections around the base camp, he went to go explore the island.

If I'm lucky I'll find something useful. The Archive wouldn't have information on this place for nothing.

A familiar voice spoked from behind him. "Bookwyrm, we need to talk."

1 hour ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

Lark raised an eyebrow, scribbling something on his clipboard. "You're rather jumpy. Stressed about something?"

"Lark?! What are you doing here? How'd you get here?"

He sighed and dismissed his sword. "No, I'm not stressed. Too much. I'm jumpy because someone just appeared behind me out of seemingly nowhere on a remote island on a remote planet in a remote universe."

Just now, The Bookwyrm said:

"Lark?! What are you doing here? How'd you get here?"

He sighed and dismissed his sword. "No, I'm not stressed. Too much. I'm jumpy because someone just appeared behind me out of seemingly nowhere on a remote island on a remote planet in a remote universe."

Lark shrugged. "You missed your psych assessment, so I tracked your Wyrmhole to come find you and administer it." He examined Bookwyrm's expression carefully, jotting down some more notes.

4 minutes ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

Lark shrugged. "You missed your psych assessment, so I tracked your Wyrmhole to come find you and administer it." He examined Bookwyrm's expression carefully, jotting down some more notes.

Bookwyrm blinked.

"Ooookay, then...."

Really bad time for a psych assessment, he thought to himself, considering I just lost a few friends to corruption.

"Um...is there anything else you need to ask me?"

By the way, Lark will find that when he tries to teleport away, some strange force will stop him. He's stuck in this part of the multiverse for a while.

Unless that breaks what you have in mind, then Lark can figure a way out.

Bookwyrm blinked.

"Ooookay, then...."

Really bad time for a psych assessment, he thought to himself, considering I just lost a few friends to corruption.

"Um...is there anything else you need to ask me?"

"Questions? no, not really. I was thinking I'd do this assessment freeform." Lark glanced around the lush island flora. "Although I am curious as to why you're travelling alone, and why exactly you came to this universe."

That doesn't break anything.

2 hours ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

"Questions? no, not really. I was thinking I'd do this assessment freeform." Lark glanced around the lush island flora. "Although I am curious as to why you're travelling alone, and why exactly you came to this universe."

Bookwyrm grimaced.

"It was...perhaps a hasty decision on my part," he admitted. "Now that I think about it, it wasn't the smartest of moves.

"Insa and Emma have fallen to the corruption of Kaos. That...broke me. I lost rationality. But I had to do something. Information from the Sixth Archive led to this world, not giving much detail, but I know it has connections to Kaos, and perhaps another Archive. And so I came. To investigate. And, perhaps, to run..."

Bookwyrm grimaced.

"It was...perhaps a hasty decision on my part," he admitted. "Now that I think about it, it wasn't the smartest of moves.

"Insa and Emma have fallen to the corruption of Kaos. That...broke me. I lost rationality. But I had to do something. Information from the Sixth Archive led to this world, not giving much detail, but I know it has connections to Kaos, and perhaps another Archive. And so I came. To investigate. And, perhaps, to run..."

"I see." Lark shook his head, feather quill scratching across his clipboard. "Yes, this Kaos business is quite nasty. So you're going to investigate this place? Find whatever it is the Sixth Archive was hinting at?"

3 minutes ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

"I see." Lark shook his head, feather quill scratching across his clipboard. "Yes, this Kaos business is quite nasty. So you're going to investigate this place? Find whatever it is the Sixth Archive was hinting at?"

Bookwyrm nodded. "The only way to go is forward. Though what I'm looking for might end up being on another planet or in a universe close to this one..."

Out of curiosity, Bookwyrm expanded his sense to check the dimensional topography of the area. There were three major universes connected to hundreds of smaller ones. The entire structure was very close to Kaos's prison.

Bookwyrm suddenly noticed that a barrier of Kaos's energy surrounded the entire dimensional "archipelago". 

There was no way out.

"Uh oh," he said aloud.

Bookwyrm nodded. "The only way to go is forward. Though what I'm looking for might end up being on another planet or in a universe close to this one..."

Out of curiosity, Bookwyrm expanded his sense to check the dimensional topography of the area. There were three major universes connected to hundreds of smaller ones. The entire structure was very close to Kaos's prison.

Bookwyrm suddenly noticed that a barrier of Kaos's energy surrounded the entire dimensional "archipelago". 

There was no way out.

"Uh oh," he said aloud.

Lark raised an eyebrow. "What? Is this place more dangerous than you assumed?"

1 minute ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

Lark raised an eyebrow. "What? Is this place more dangerous than you assumed?"

"Probably," Bookwyrm said. "There's no way out. There's a barrier; I can't teleport us back to the Clinic. Or anywhere else." He sighed. "This is what I get for running off."

"Probably," Bookwyrm said. "There's no way out. There's a barrier; I can't teleport us back to the Clinic. Or anywhere else." He sighed. "This is what I get for running off."

"I suppose this means I'll have plenty of time to complete the evaluation." Lark put his clipboard in his pack. "So, you have any idea where that thing you're looking for is?"

On 1/20/2023 at 6:49 PM, InfiniteInsanity said:

The Dreamscape

Insa nodded. "Race you." Then she took off down the hall.

The Dreamscape

Emma grinned as the air began to pulse with power. Darkness trickles from her fingers, infecting the hallway, being pulled in a direction.

Dashing after Insa, Emma glories in the rushing wind in her face. The short contest is a thrill and a welcome rest from her burdens.

@InfiniteInsanity

Edited by The Wandering Wizard

Clinic: Lobby

Calano sat, one knee propped up, with his wrist resting on that knee. A relaxed, yet contemplative position.

His brow was furrowed, and he was thinking hard.

Wizard had told that tale for a reason. But... but what?

"Wizard," He said, looking up, "Why did you tell that tale? What information is it supposed to have that can benefit us?"

@The Wandering Wizard

The Clinic: Library

Nameless gave Rue an incredulous look. "You realize you're standing in an insanity clinic whose sole purpose is helping those with an unhealthy addiction to Brandon Sanderson books, right? Of course people will make a big deal out of books. I wouldn't be surprised if Thaidakar is currently trying to figure out how to fit his entire collection into his pack."

@Aes Sedai @Thaidakar the Ghostblood

“That’s absurd,” Rue said. “How could anyone grow addicted to books? If you’re going to waste time on objects, there are more useful ones than books. Weapons, for example, or ter’angreal.”

@UnfortunatelyNamed

Nameless snorted softly. "I don't know anyone else's story, but I got addicted to books, Brandon Sanderson books to be more precise, after I first left our homeworld. I ended up on a planet without magic, and I had no way to get back home. I didn't know how to make a gateway between worlds at first. That was something I only figured out recently. I was trapped in a hostile world alone, with no way to get home besides through the void between worlds, slowly losing..." He trailed off, staring at the book he'd been skimming. "Reading was the only connection I had to our world. Even still, I can't get back to it. Not my home."

@Aes Sedai