Insanity Clinic For The Moderately Brandofandonitis Afflicted

Medium

On 1/21/2023 at 8:07 PM, Telrao said:

The Clinic

Telrao gasped softly as Thaidakar narrowly avoided being decapitated. She stepped forward to help, then stopped herself. He doesn't need help. She watched for a second longer.

The Light shall shine. You know what to do, Little One. A voice whispered, warm and soft like the sunshine of an Autumn day.

Telrao breathed deeply and quickly began to draw Aon Daa with her claw, lines in the air bursting to life, brighter than before. She finished adding the modifiers, then swiped the final line. The Aon shuddered and glowed brightly before releasing a pure beam of white light that hit the attacker's chest.

12 minutes ago, Aes Sedai said:

The Clinic

Rue sighed and walked out. She headed in the direction she’d seen Thaidakar go earlier.

@Thaidakar the Ghostblood

The Clinic

Jimmy thunder was hit on the chest, or... was it Jimmy?

He seemed to turn into shadows as he was blasted into the wall. An earpeircing screech emitted from the odd shadow creature. Its eyes glowed red as the illusion flashed, half disappearing.

Thaidakar tilted his head, "who the storms are you?"

The shadow turned, smiling, "champion..."

Thaidakar's expression darkened. He kicked it in the head.

He turned, noticing Rue, "oh, hey."

Hm. I haven't posted on here since....

About page 75. Wow. Whelp. I have no idea what is going on, but who cares. I'll figure it out eventually. :P

Random finally made it out of the large pit she had fallen in. She had dubbed it the pit of inactivity.

Just now, Aes Sedai said:

The Clinic

“Hey? Are…is this…are you ready to go? And, uh, who’s that?”

@Thaidakar the Ghostblood

The Clinic

Thaidakar smiled grimly, "it's... a friend of mine, if friends try to kill you.'

Clinic: Calano's Room

Calano turned over on his bed.

He stared at the picture on his nightstand. It was of Emma.

A picture of her, taken candidly by Calano a week or two before their wedding. She was caught off guard, and the picture was perfect.

He smiled sadly.

He rolled over again, and began to think.

Where to start on the long journey ahead?

2 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

A picture of her, taken candidly by Calano a week or two before their wedding. She was caught off guard, and the picture was perfect.

He smiled sadly.

Would it be okay if Malum appeared to Calano briefly?

10 minutes ago, Aes Sedai said:

The Clinic

“Oh. Uh, yeah, I know the feeling. Do you need any help?” 

The Clinic

"We'll see... you'll probably hear more of it on the quest." he continued walking towards his room, "I'll just go fetch my laptop and a... certain watch."

21 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

He smiled sadly.

Matra peeked into Calano’s room. He had vanished after Wizard’s story and abrupt disappearance, and she hadn’t been able to find him anywhere.

A figure lay prone on the bed. Calano. Approaching carefully, to give him time to tell her to go away, she sat down on a chair beside the bed. ‘Are… are you okay?’

Such an inadequate question. None of them were.

’You don’t have to talk to me if you don’t want to, but I’m willing to listen if you do.’

I hope you don’t mind Matra visiting, since she is desperately in need of a purpose right now.

The Clinic: Thaidakar's Room

Thaidakar walked in through the door and paused. Glowglobes hung in the air, lighting the cluttered room. Conflicting emotions ran through him as he rubbed his hand on the wood of his desk. A layer of dust stuck to his palm and he didn't bother to wipe it off. He smiled as he turned his gaze to the familiar picture, not a painting, of... No. It was a picture of a man eerily similar to him kneeling towards the view of the painting, red light pouring around him in a perfect circle. It felt like a million knives cut through his mind, numbness spreading across his arms. He cursed, trying to pull himself out of it. The man in the picture looked up, it was the handsome, evil version of him. It grinned at him with a look that felt terribly familiar. "You are mine..." it mouthed. Thaidakar stumbled back, using the desk to steady himself. His hand searched for something on his desk, he grabbed a small, circular device and slapped it onto his wrist. He put snapped the two sides together and then moved it towards the painting. He smiled as he pressed a button on it. A charge of blue power launched from it, hitting the picture and turning it to dust. 

Thaidakar picked up his laptop and put it in the crook of his arm. He picked up a satchel from his bed and put a few books and small devices in it. THaidakar slung it over his shoulder and walked back out.

29 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

who is Malum again?

3 minutes ago, Shadowed said:

Matra peeked into Calano’s room. He had vanished after Wizard’s story and abrupt disappearance, and she hadn’t been able to find him anywhere.

A figure lay prone on the bed. Calano. Approaching carefully, to give him time to tell her to go away, she sat down on a chair beside the bed. ‘Are… are you okay?’

Such an inadequate question. None of them were.

’You don’t have to talk to me if you don’t want to, but I’m willing to listen if you do.’

Calano didn't answer, just continuted to face away from Matra, looking at the picture of his wife.

11 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Calano didn't answer, just continuted to face away from Matra, looking at the picture of his wife.

Matra followed his gaze to the photo of Emma on his bedside table. It hurt for her, and she had barely known her. What must Calano, who had married her, be feeling?

”Tell me about Emma. What was she like?”

1 minute ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

My evil god character.

well if you want Calano to kick his ass then by all means, but rn lemme do the stuff with Matra lmao

2 minutes ago, Shadowed said:

Matra followed his gaze to the photo of Emma on his bedside table. It hurt for her, and she had barely known her. What must Calano, who had married her, be feeling?

”Tell me about Emma. What was she like?”

"She was..." Calano started, and wondered where to go from there. Not because he had nothing to say, but because there was so much to say, "She was perfect. She was one of my closest friends when we were kids, and when we came here, the whole situation with the Nethergrim happened."

He smiles sadly. "Somehow she still forgave me for that. I didn't deserve it, and I tried hard to earn that forgiveness. I don't think I ever did earn it, but I don't think she cared."

"She was everything I wasn't," He continued, "What gaps were in my soul, she filled in. And the same goes from me to her. We both helped each other through so much. She literally brought me back to life."

Just now, CalanoCorvus said:

"She was..." Calano started, and wondered where to go from there. Not because he had nothing to say, but because there was so much to say, "She was perfect. She was one of my closest friends when we were kids, and when we came here, the whole situation with the Nethergrim happened."

He smiles sadly. "Somehow she still forgave me for that. I didn't deserve it, and I tried hard to earn that forgiveness. I don't think I ever did earn it, but I don't think she cared."

"She was everything I wasn't," He continued, "What gaps were in my soul, she filled in. And the same goes from me to her. We both helped each other through so much. She literally brought me back to life."

He's not really going to engage Calano, probably only speak to him. I guess we'll see if that turns into a fight.

8 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Matra shook her head sadly at the past tense. “You haven’t lost her, you know. Not really. 

“The day you lose her is the day you can’t tell me about her. The day you can look at that photo and feel nothing. The day… the day you forget her.”

Matra looked Calano in the eyes. “Until that day, the real Emma lives on.”

12 minutes ago, Shadowed said:

Matra shook her head sadly at the past tense. “You haven’t lost her, you know. Not really. 

“The day you lose her is the day you can’t tell me about her. The day you can look at that photo and feel nothing. The day… the day you forget her.”

Matra looked Calano in the eyes. “Until that day, the real Emma lives on.”

"And for as long as that is," Calano said, "The only thing I'll feel when I see her, or when I think of her, will be pain. I don't want to fight her. I don't want to have to do anything to her that I would hate myself for."

He sighed, on the edge of tears. "I just want my wife back." He whispered.

1 hour ago, CalanoCorvus said:

"And for as long as that is," Calano said, "The only thing I'll feel when I see her, or when I think of her, will be pain. I don't want to fight her. I don't want to have to do anything to her that I would hate myself for."

He sighed, on the edge of tears. "I just want my wife back." He whispered.

She sighed. No amount of forced platitudes would help, she could tell. His hurt was too deep, too raw. 

“You can cry. It’s okay.”

This is where you begin to tell that irl-me is really bad at comforting people :P 

27 minutes ago, Shadowed said:

She sighed. No amount of forced platitudes would help, she could tell. His hurt was too deep, too raw. 

“You can cry. It’s okay.”

You'd be surprised how often that line actually works IRL. I use that line all the time.

Calano did just that.

Considering he'd just spent hours crying a bit earlier, the pain Calano felt was much too expansive to truly cry it all out at once.

So, for the second time that day, Calano curled up into a small, fragile ball, and cried.

1 hour ago, Random Bystander said:

About page 75. Wow. Whelp. I have no idea what is going on, but who cares. I'll figure it out eventually. :P

Quick and dirty since I lost the description, Wizard died, Calano died. Emma is Wizard's twin and was corrupted so she can release a dark entity of formidable power and she can corrupt other people. She has not yet free the entity, but seeks to do so. And Wizard and Calano came back before she was corrupted. They tried to help prevent it but failed. 

Just to let you know we've adopted a strategy to help sort the different plot lines, by underlining and bolding the area that it's in.

Glad to have you back! Feel free to jump in with any plot line in the clinic you want!

2 hours ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

The Dreamscape

Insa's laughter died down a little as she turns to look around the room.

@The Wandering Wizard

The Dreamscape

The room was massive, shelves lined with books. A wealth of knowledge was stored within the shelves. 

What drew Emma's attention was that table and the chair in the center of the room. A rich mahogony table with intricate inlays sat in the center of the room. Occupying the space behind it was a massive, royal purple, arm chair. What truely drew Emma's attention was the crystaline dragon skull on the table.

It had a magnetic power, drawing her forward, until her hand rested ontop of it.

@InfiniteInsanity

11 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Calano did just that.

Considering he'd just spent hours crying a bit earlier, the pain Calano felt was much too expansive to truly cry it all out at once.

So, for the second time that day, Calano curled up into a small, fragile ball, and cried.

Are you done with the interaction or do you want it to continue for a bit?