Insanity Clinic For The Moderately Brandofandonitis Afflicted

Medium

3 hours ago, Random Bystander said:

Random finally made it out of the large pit she had fallen in. She had dubbed it the pit of inactivity.

welcome back. we're still crazy. there is quite a bit happening and I'm ignoring it. I'm basically doing my own thing in a corner.

5 hours ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

The Clinic: Thaidakar's Room

Thaidakar walked in through the door and paused. Glowglobes hung in the air, lighting the cluttered room. Conflicting emotions ran through him as he rubbed his hand on the wood of his desk. A layer of dust stuck to his palm and he didn't bother to wipe it off. He smiled as he turned his gaze to the familiar picture, not a painting, of... No. It was a picture of a man eerily similar to him kneeling towards the view of the painting, red light pouring around him in a perfect circle. It felt like a million knives cut through his mind, numbness spreading across his arms. He cursed, trying to pull himself out of it. The man in the picture looked up, it was the handsome, evil version of him. It grinned at him with a look that felt terribly familiar. "You are mine..." it mouthed. Thaidakar stumbled back, using the desk to steady himself. His hand searched for something on his desk, he grabbed a small, circular device and slapped it onto his wrist. He put snapped the two sides together and then moved it towards the painting. He smiled as he pressed a button on it. A charge of blue power launched from it, hitting the picture and turning it to dust. 

Thaidakar picked up his laptop and put it in the crook of his arm. He picked up a satchel from his bed and put a few books and small devices in it. THaidakar slung it over his shoulder and walked back out.

Telrao continued to watch Thaidakar as he went into his room. She sensed an... odd presence. She couldn't quite place her paw on what it was, nor why she could sense it.

The new Connection inside her thrummed happily after her use of the Light. She didn't even need time to recover. The power was... boundless. She smiled, then remembered what had happened to the person she'd shot at. How he'd exploded into shadow, red eyes shining...

That shadow... that presence was the one she could feel. It lingered in the air, like a bad scent. At that moment, Telrao made a decision.

I am going to stick with this being. He may need help...

But she wouldn't reveal herself. Not yet. The element of surprise may just come in handy.

@Thaidakar the Ghostblood

2 hours ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Clinic: Calano's Room

Calano did just that.

Considering he'd just spent hours crying a bit earlier, the pain Calano felt was much too expansive to truly cry it all out at once.

So, for the second time that day, Calano curled up into a small, fragile ball, and cried.

A voice spoke nearby where Calano lay.

"Do you blame yourself?"

1 minute ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

A voice spoke nearby where Calano lay.

"Do you blame yourself?"

Calano glowered at nothing in particular. "Of course not," He said, then paused, "At least, not entirely." 

Just now, CalanoCorvus said:

Calano glowered at nothing in particular. "Of course not," He said, then paused, "At least, not entirely." 

"Oh, but you do. At least a little bit. You know there was more you could have done."

1 minute ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Oh, but you do. At least a little bit. You know there was more you could have done."

"Of course I think that. There was always something I could have done more of." Calano said.

"But who are you to ask such questions?"

"Of course I think that. There was always something I could have done more of." Calano said.

"But who are you to ask such questions?"

I don't know if Calano is looking, but Malum does have a physical presence in the room.

"And to think... she might not have been lost. She might still be here with you now. If only."

14 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"And to think... she might not have been lost. She might still be here with you now. If only."

He's curled in a ball. He didn't notice. He will though, thanks for the tip. What does Malum's presence look like?

Edited by CalanoCorvus

Malum is standing in a corner of the room, twirling the corruption bolt Emma gave him in his fingers. He has made it appear like a rod or crackling energy, his own bright purple mixed with Kaos energy.

He has light skin and wears a white robe, and his hair is a glowing purple. His hands are covered in cuts emitting the same energy, and other than that he looks kind of like a typical angel, but without wings.

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Good to know.

Calano sat up, then looked around.

He locked eyes with the person in the corner.

"What do you know of her methods?" Calano spat, then saw the bolt. His eyes flashed. "Get that thing out of my sight." He spat, "Who are you to hold such a thing?"

Calano sat up, then looked around.

He locked eyes with the person in the corner.

"What do you know of her methods?" Calano spat, then saw the bolt. His eyes flashed. "Get that thing out of my sight." He spat, "Who are you to hold such a thing?"

"I spoke with her." The bolt crackled and flickered. "We made a deal." He smiled gleefully.

8 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"I spoke with her." The bolt crackled and flickered. "We made a deal." He smiled gleefully.

Calano stood, eyes wide and angry.

"I don't care," He hissed, "Get that bolt out of my sight, and get yourself out of my sight."

Calano thought of who could help. Matra had left...

Telrao.

Telrao could help.

@Telrao

Calano stood, eyes wide and angry.

"I don't care," He hissed, "Get that bolt out of my sight, and get yourself out of my sight."

Calano thought of who could help. Matra had left...

Telrao.

Telrao could help.

@Telrao

"Careful, now. I don't particularly want to use this on you, but I will if I have to. Then, you will not only be subject to Kaos, but to me as well." He sighed. "Do you know who I am?"

4 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Careful, now. I don't particularly want to use this on you, but I will if I have to. Then, you will not only be subject to Kaos, but to me as well." He sighed. "Do you know who I am?"

Calano stepped closer to him. "I think you misunderstand," He said, "Do you know who I am?"

3 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Calano stepped closer to him. "I think you misunderstand," He said, "Do you know who I am?"

"They call you Calano, do they not? The man who is almost a god, but couldn't even save his wife."

The Clinic: Hallway

Thaidakar left his room, trying not to think of the photo. He adjusted his glasses, they didn't need to be adjusted, but he liked to touch them. It was something familiar, something he really did a lot. Something about doing it helped him cling to reality. He patted his satchel and entered the library

@UnfortunatelyNamed @Aes Sedai