Insanity Clinic For The Moderately Brandofandonitis Afflicted

Medium

5 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

X stared into Matra's eyes without blinking. Then color began to return to his eyes. He blinked and glanced down, taking a deep breath. "Thank you."

@Shadowed

"X. Matra." He gestured to Matra as he spoke. "We want to help... somehow."

The Clinic: The Roof

Lyna studied their faces, then glanced towards the fight with the skeleton tigers. Her fingers itched for her gun, but she stayed them. "You both have the look of special powers about you," She said, turning back towards them. "What can you do?"

@Shadowed @xinoehp512

-----

Telrao watched as one of the tigers melted in a heated blast of flame. She bared her teeth and snuck closer to the tigers, beginning to draw an Aon Ehe with multiple modifiers to make the blast searing hot. She carefully added the final line and ducked away, letting the blast of white-hot flame hit a tiger dead-on. She then ran farther away from where X and Matra were hiding, drawing another Aon Ehe and blasting the tigers again.

@The Wandering Wizard

The Origin Sea

Calano looked down at the vast ocean of the Creators Light.

It expanded for... miles. Miles and miles and miles.

He looked up at Wizard. "I know." He said.

Then he sat down in the sea, laid back, and let his body get overtaken by the Light.

His face remained above the strange liquid Light, and he closed his eyes.

And he let go.

There was a whirl, and his mind appeared on the Path.

@The Wandering Wizard

Do you care if I do this mostly myself? Or do you also want a pretty big part in it?

Just now, CalanoCorvus said:

Do you care if I do this mostly myself? Or do you also want a pretty big part in it?

You can do it mostly yourself, though I might have a few things to throw at you. Wizard will appear to protect you and maybe Bookwyrm as well from the Kaos if it's needed.

27 minutes ago, Aes Sedai said:

The Second Archive

“Let’s go then,” Rue said. “Unless it’s a trick, which isn’t out of the question, this is probably where we’ll find it.”

The Second Archive

Nameless nodded, walking down the hallway. “Hopefully we can get what we need quickly.”

3 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Well, so much for that. Lerac surrounded himself with a small ring of tall flames, and immediately stumbled from the effort.

Warily a pack of tigers stayed to watch him, but the rest split off dashing away, preoccupied by something else and daunted by the ring of fire.

Just now, Telrao said:

Lyna studied their faces, then glanced towards the fight with the skeleton tigers. Her fingers itched for her gun, but she stayed them. "You both have the look of special powers about you," She said, turning back towards them. "What can you do?"

@Shadowed @xinoehp512

-----

Telrao watched as one of the tigers melted in a heated blast of flame. She bared her teeth and snuck closer to the tigers, beginning to draw an Aon Ehe with multiple modifiers to make the blast searing hot. She carefully added the final line and ducked away, letting the blast of white-hot flame hit a tiger dead-on. She then ran farther away from where X and Matra were hiding, drawing another Aon Ehe and blasting the tigers again.

@The Wandering Wizard

Quickly the tigers began to realize what Telrao was doing and they began to hunt her. Dashing after the scent of cat with their unnatural speed, claws digging gouges in the stone of the roof. A high pitched shrieking of metal on metal began to blast through the air.

1 minute ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Warily a pack of tigers stayed to watch him, but the rest split off dashing away, preoccupied by something else and daunted by the ring of fire.

Lerac sent out a wave of fire at the tigers, making it wide enough that it would be nearly impossible to fully escape. Then he collapsed in the midst of an inferno of deathfire, their cold flames not affecting him at all. He felt his vision begin to go dark. This might be bad.

Alright cool.

The Path

Calano looked around. Whirling nebulas of pinks and purples, blues and reds, and browns and blacks created a horizontal plane of cloudy nothingness.

In front of him lay a path of large stones, smooth on the top so he could walk across with ease. He set his foot on the first stone, and a large being appeared, shimmering into existence in front of him.

The being looked young, about his 30s, but when he looked down at Calano, his eyes spoke of millenia's worth of experiences. He smiled warmly.

Welcome. The being said, deep voice booming, even though his mouth did not move, Welcome to the Path. I am, I was, the Creator. This Path serves to train and test and prepare the next in line for this title.

Calano looked up at the Creator. Or, the avatar of the Creator.

"What must I do?" He asked.

Walk the Path. Face the Past. Acknowledge your Truth. Only then will you be granted the Light, in full.

Calano looked down, at the Path in front of him. It was long.

Best he got started. He took another step.

25 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Lerac sent out a wave of fire at the tigers, making it wide enough that it would be nearly impossible to fully escape. Then he collapsed in the midst of an inferno of deathfire, their cold flames not affecting him at all. He felt his vision begin to go dark. This might be bad.

Clinic: Roof

Lark saw Lerac collapse and leapt forward, placing himself in between the fallen man and the forces of Kaos.

Guys, I’m officially a Sanderfan now. My phone autocorrected Lerac to Lerasium.

Edited by UnfortunatelyNamed

48 minutes ago, Telrao said:

@Shadowed @xinoehp512

X sighed. "Nothing, really." He continued to stare at the ground. "Sometimes I go into this... state. I can't talk or make any sound. I feel like there's power there, but... I can't access it."

3 minutes ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

Clinic: Roof

Lark saw Lerac collapse and leapt forward, placing himself in between the fallen man and the forces of Kaos.

Lerac manage to pull himself away from unconsciousness, head spinning. He was briefly startled after realizing that he was in the fire, but it didn't hurt. It was just very cold. He stook up shakily.

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Lerac manage to pull himself away from unconsciousness, head spinning. He was briefly startled after realizing that he was in the fire, but it didn't hurt. It was just very cold. He stook up shakily.

Lark nodded to him. “See why I didn’t want you rushing in alone?”

13 minutes ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

Lark nodded to him. “See why I didn’t want you rushing in alone?”

"I'm... fine. I need to get to Wynn." He stumbled out of the flames and towards the group of corrupted.

@InfiniteInsanity @Ranryu @The Wandering Wizard

4200 posts! Sheesh.

Edited by The Aspiring Archivist

25 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

X sighed. "Nothing, really." He continued to stare at the ground. "Sometimes I go into this... state. I can't talk or make any sound. I feel like there's power there, but... I can't access it."

Lyna rubbed her chin. She glanced over and winced at the ongoing battle, hoping that the small Therapy Cat would be all right. "I don't have much experience with... power or magic. But what I do know is this - everyone, and I mean everyone has a ghost within them that they need to fight. This state you mentioned may be key to... something." She shook her head, again looking at the battle. "If you can get this state to happen, we will protect you and your friend."

52 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Quickly the tigers began to realize what Telrao was doing and they began to hunt her. Dashing after the scent of cat with their unnatural speed, claws digging gouges in the stone of the roof. A high pitched shrieking of metal on metal began to blast through the air.

Telrao's breath sped up as she heard the hellish shrieking behind her. She hissed, blue eyes wide, and began to draw a detailed Aon Edo on the ground, reinforcing it with multiple Aon Raos. The white bubble went up, and she began to draw a small Aon Tia beside an Aon Ashe. Her ears went back as she drew, hearing those claws come closer and closer.

@The Wandering Wizard

2 minutes ago, Telrao said:

Lyna rubbed her chin. She glanced over and winced at the ongoing battle, hoping that the small Therapy Cat would be all right. "I don't have much experience with... power or magic. But what I do know is this - everyone, and I mean everyone has a ghost within them that they need to fight. This state you mentioned may be key to... something." She shook her head, again looking at the battle. "If you can get this state to happen, we will protect you and your friend."

X exhaled. "Okay."

He stood up and stared at the battle- fire and metal and death, all backlit by the rapidly fading light of the pillar. This was his chance to do something. His heart began to race. Whatever the state was, it activated whenever he was in danger. So all he would have to do is step out from behind the cabinet, right? That would work. It had to. And yet, his feet stayed put.

No! he thought, beginning to panic. I have to do this! I have to-

A cold feeling washed over him. He sucked in a breath- a silent breath. His eyes shimmered with gray as the lines on his skin pulsed.

1 hour ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

The Second Archive

Nameless nodded, walking down the hallway. “Hopefully we can get what we need quickly.”

The Second Archive

“It would be ironic if we missed another battle while attempting to help.”

The Path

Calano's first step caused a memory to flash into his mind. The memory was cloudy, not fully there, but the Influence was.

Darkness. The first seeds of Kaos.

Calano took a deep breath. He'd buried this memory so deep, even when it was plucked from his mind, fresh as could be, he couldn't see it. But he knew.

He stared that memory deep, deep into it's core.

And he said, "I acknowledge you. I remember you. You were the product of a mistake. I made a mistake."

Light started to form in the center of the haze of memory, before burning through the entire memory.

Calano took a deep breath as he felt a tiny weight lift from his mind. He became aware of the larger weight, the weight of imperfection, of Kaos, of Darkness waiting idle.

That had been easy.

But he felt it would get much harder.

1 hour ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"I'm... fine. I need to get to Wynn." He stumbled out of the flames and towards the group of corrupted.

@InfiniteInsanity @Ranryu @The Wandering Wizard

A half melted tiger lunged out of the fire at him. Its paw swiping against the back of his leg.

1 hour ago, Telrao said:

Telrao's breath sped up as she heard the hellish shrieking behind her. She hissed, blue eyes wide, and began to draw a detailed Aon Edo on the ground, reinforcing it with multiple Aon Raos. The white bubble went up, and she began to draw a small Aon Tia beside an Aon Ashe. Her ears went back as she drew, hearing those claws come closer and closer.

@The Wandering Wizard

The first tiger slammed against the bubble, claws raking kaos against the bubble. The deadly corruption seeking entrance into the shield and Telrao.

19 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

The Origin Sea

Bookwyrm watched as Calano vanished into the Light. Then he turned to Wizard.

"Do I need to follow him? Or...is my own path somewhere else?"

@The Wandering Wizard

The Origin Sea

The tiger gestures at Calano's body in the sea of light.

"We must protect him and his body, if he is corrupted then all is lost. This is the first of three pools of light and the first of three trials that he must pass.

@The Bookwyrm @CalanoCorvus

Yes I did add more, but I want there to be a feeling of movement and the last one will require his physical body to go through.

27 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

A half melted tiger lunged out of the fire at him. Its paw swiping against the back of his leg.

He gritted his teeth as the claws cut flesh., blasting the offender back with more fire. He stumbled to a halt again. I can't heal it. Why can't I heal it? The wound in his leg lay open bleeding. Carefully, concentrating, he managed to release some life energy, beginning to heal it.

@The Wandering Wizard

Edited by The Aspiring Archivist