Insanity Clinic For The Moderately Brandofandonitis Afflicted

Medium

On 7/13/2023 at 9:06 PM, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Power warbled through the air as the sinuous figure of the Soulless, also known as a dragon, Thaidakar, glowing bright yet dark red, contrasting the other dragons flowing through the air around him. "Are you done yet?" He asked dryly. "We're on a timetable for this, and if you two could assist me and the Drifted ones in assaulting the other parts of the defense, that would be great."

@InfiniteInsanity @The Bookwyrm

52 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Near the Rampart

"Ah...Sorry. You're right."

Bookwyrm got to his feet, then looked to the top of the Rampart.

"A large portion of the army rests beyond this fortification," he said. "We can work to try and hold them back. Unless you'd need us anywhere else?"

As he spoke, a feeling of darkness came over him, and his mind was drawn towards the center of the battlefield. The center of the Dreamscape. A place where the soul of the Creator and the soul of Kaos were concentrated fully.

And something shifted.

No...

The fight is starting. It would be well for you to let him know that you are safe...give him Light. And Hope.

Bookwyrm reached out with his mind, and touched Calano's.

I'm back, he said. Don't lose hope. Whatever she said, all is not lost...

He sighed.

"Sorry. Just...taking care of something."

@CalanoCorvus @Thaidakar the Ghostblood @InfiniteInsanity

Insa frowned. "I'm ready to keep going but only if you," she pointed to Bookwyrm, "are absolutely certain you're okay and you're ready to go and you," she spun around to face Thaidakar, "keep in mind that we can and will do this without killing our friends."

15 hours ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Emma's eyes flashed onyx black and darkness rippled from her. Her hair blew back in an unseen breeze and a longsword rippling with darkness fell into her waiting hands.

Her seemingly soulless eyes stared at Calano and she bit off one last vengeful barb, "as you wish,  my crow."

@CalanoCorvus

3 hours ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Near the Rampart

"Ah...Sorry. You're right."

Bookwyrm got to his feet, then looked to the top of the Rampart.

"A large portion of the army rests beyond this fortification," he said. "We can work to try and hold them back. Unless you'd need us anywhere else?"

As he spoke, a feeling of darkness came over him, and his mind was drawn towards the center of the battlefield. The center of the Dreamscape. A place where the soul of the Creator and the soul of Kaos were concentrated fully.

And something shifted.

No...

The fight is starting. It would be well for you to let him know that you are safe...give him Light. And Hope.

Bookwyrm reached out with his mind, and touched Calano's.

I'm back, he said. Don't lose hope. Whatever she said, all is not lost...

He sighed.

"Sorry. Just...taking care of something."

@CalanoCorvus @Thaidakar the Ghostblood @InfiniteInsanity

Calanos heart swirled with conflicting emotions.

The rings have shattered. Whatever love she held for me is gone. It sure feels as if all is lost, old friend.

After delivering his message to Bookwyrm, he struck out with his sword, a blow aimed at Kaos’s side. A testing blow. His heart broke just a little bit more as he swung.

@The Bookwyrm @The Wandering Wizard

On 8/6/2023 at 8:35 AM, InfiniteInsanity said:

Insa frowned. "I'm ready to keep going but only if you," she pointed to Bookwyrm, "are absolutely certain you're okay and you're ready to go and you," she spun around to face Thaidakar, "keep in mind that we can and will do this without killing our friends."

"This war cannot be without casualties," Thaidakar said regretfully. "I will only kill those on the other side if it is completely necessary and there is no other way. If I had to choose between one of my friends dying or thousands of people that I don't even know dying... I would choose for my friend to die. But, sometimes, you don't get to choose and you end up freezing..." Thaidakar shook his draconic head. "We have to choose the lesser of the evils given to us. I, for one, would rather save the many than the few." 

@The Bookwyrm @InfiniteInsanity

4 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

"This war cannot be without casualties," Thaidakar said regretfully. "I will only kill those on the other side if it is completely necessary and there is no other way. If I had to choose between one of my friends dying or thousands of people that I don't even know dying... I would choose for my friend to die. But, sometimes, you don't get to choose and you end up freezing..." Thaidakar shook his draconic head. "We have to choose the lesser of the evils given to us. I, for one, would rather save the many than the few." 

@The Bookwyrm @InfiniteInsanity

India's expression darkened. "We can and will do this without killing our friends. If that means I have to keep an eye on you while simultaneously working my way through this I will. I have the adrenaline and energy to keep a storm up for a while. They've been very usefully in the past for keeping an eye on people. I can do and will do it if it's what's it takes to accomplish something I know is possible."

@The Bookwyrm

Just now, InfiniteInsanity said:

India's expression darkened. "We can and will do this without killing our friends. If that means I have to keep an eye on you while simultaneously working my way through this I will. I have the adrenaline and energy to keep a storm up for a while. They've been very usefully in the past for keeping an eye on people. I can do and will do it if it's what's it takes to accomplish something I know is possible."

@The Bookwyrm

"I don't want to kill them, Insa. But if it's the difference between killing them or more people dying... I'm sorry, I really am," Thaidakar stated. "This universe will be saved, no matter the method."

32 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

"I don't want to kill them, Insa. But if it's the difference between killing them or more people dying... I'm sorry, I really am," Thaidakar stated. "This universe will be saved, no matter the method."

"We won't have to kill them. Right Bookwyrm?"

@The Bookwyrm

44 minutes ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

"We won't have to kill them. Right Bookwyrm?"

@The Bookwyrm

Bookwyrm hesitated for a moment.

"Not if I can help it," he finally said.

On 8/6/2023 at 1:13 PM, CalanoCorvus said:

The rings have shattered. Whatever love she held for me is gone. It sure feels as if all is lost, old friend.

After delivering his message to Bookwyrm, he struck out with his sword, a blow aimed at Kaos’s side. A testing blow. His heart broke just a little bit more as he swung.

The rings...what?

No...that wasn't possible.

The magic, the bond...something that transcended normal existence, normal magic, transcended death. 

What has Kaos done to you, Emma?

Bookwyrm turned to Thaidakar. "There's an entire army of Kaos monsters up that cliff," he said, pointing towards the top of the rampart that sat atop the cliff. "We will hold them back, destroy as many as possible. As for Lark and TAAron...I can't sense them anymore.

"But," he added, "If you find them, contact me immediately. I know the technique of the Light Net; I can temporarily free them from Kaos's control. Hopefully that net will hold long enough for Calano - the Creator - to eliminate the influence of Kaos entirely."

@The Wandering Wizard @Thaidakar the Ghostblood

Hey, Wizzy, want to RP some crazy Kaos nightmare monsters for us to fight?

4 hours ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Bookwyrm turned to Thaidakar. "There's an entire army of Kaos monsters up that cliff," he said, pointing towards the top of the rampart that sat atop the cliff. "We will hold them back, destroy as many as possible. As for Lark and TAAron...I can't sense them anymore.

"But," he added, "If you find them, contact me immediately. I know the technique of the Light Net; I can temporarily free them from Kaos's control. Hopefully that net will hold long enough for Calano - the Creator - to eliminate the influence of Kaos entirely."

"I will do that... but... if you cannot take them away from Kaos's touch, I will be forced to either seriously injure them or..." Thaidakar trailed off uncomfortably, light glinting off of his scaly armor. "We have to win. And if we can't win because someone can't make themselves kill someone who used to be their friend...-" The Drifted sighed-"I will not blame them, but I would ask one question:

"Was it worth it? Was it worth sacrificing everyone's lives so that one person could live a few moments longer?" Thaidakar said, staring them right in the face. "I don't like it as much as you do, but it is better to confront the truth now instead of being forced to meet it when it is too late to find a proper solution."

Nearby, the air rippled, blue energy sparking into existence. Five serpentine beasts emerged, more Soulless Ones. Dragons. One swerved through the air towards Thaidakar, "More are on the way, what shall we do?"

"We're about to launch an attack on the cliffs," Thaidakar stated.

43 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

"I will do that... but... if you cannot take them away from Kaos's touch, I will be forced to either seriously injure them or..." Thaidakar trailed off uncomfortably, light glinting off of his scaly armor. "We have to win. And if we can't win because someone can't make themselves kill someone who used to be their friend...-" The Drifted sighed-"I will not blame them, but I would ask one question:

"Was it worth it? Was it worth sacrificing everyone's lives so that one person could live a few moments longer?" Thaidakar said, staring them right in the face. "I don't like it as much as you do, but it is better to confront the truth now instead of being forced to meet it when it is too late to find a proper solution."

Nearby, the air rippled, blue energy sparking into existence. Five serpentine beasts emerged, more Soulless Ones. Dragons. One swerved through the air towards Thaidakar, "More are on the way, what shall we do?"

"We're about to launch an attack on the cliffs," Thaidakar stated.

"You are forced to do nothing. There are other ways." Insa turned to Bookwyrm. "I've got the energy and adrenaline to keep a couple storms up for a while. But if I'm attacking on the ground and keeping up the storms in the sky one of the two is gonna suffer severely. So I'm gonna leave. Go somewhere safe and well hidden where I'll be able to keep the storms up here. I'll use the storms to attack and cause distractions. If you come face to face with one of our friends and your stuff isn't working send me a message. I'll knock them out or something like that and use the storm to move them to my location. I'll have all the tools I need to take care of them there. If at any moment Kaos decides that now would be a good time to cause a glitch I'll drop the storm before anything happens and it'll be back in a little bit. Sound good?'

@The Bookwyrm @Thaidakar the Ghostblood

On 8/6/2023 at 1:13 PM, CalanoCorvus said:

Emma smiled sweetly as her sword intercepted his stroke. Her sword sung as they clashed, humming its deadly song and she twirled in her dress as she moved. Almost it was an elaborate dance in formal clothes with blades acting as their hands.

Emma locked eyes with Calano over the dance blades and quickly broke eye contact. She shoke her head and resolved to focus on the blinding sword instead of his intoxicating eyes. This was the only way, wasn't it? Don't I have to destroy him?

@CalanoCorvus

On 8/7/2023 at 7:14 PM, The Bookwyrm said:

Bookwyrm hesitated for a moment.

"Not if I can help it," he finally said.

The rings...what?

No...that wasn't possible.

The magic, the bond...something that transcended normal existence, normal magic, transcended death. 

What has Kaos done to you, Emma?

A cold chuckle resounded around him.

"Boy you aren't going anywhere yet."

The ground rippled and thousands of twisted figures emerged from the earth infront of then. Their forms were haggard and their eyes gleamed with a purple light. At their head rested a figure in a dark violet suit of armor. The seamless quality seemed to boast shardplate but it glowed with an inner dark light. The man flicked open the visor to reveal Meridas Amaran albeit missing a few parts. Casually he flicked down the helmet and shouted "CHARGE!!!"

@Thaidakar the Ghostblood @The Bookwyrm @InfiniteInsanity (and anyone else who wants to pop in for a fun battle. Also anyone can RP the armies responses. I don’t really care, go to town on them and have fun!!!)

Edited by The Wandering Wizard

15 hours ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Emma smiled sweetly as her sword intercepted his stroke. Her sword sung as they clashed, humming its deadly song and she twirled in her dress as she moved. Almost it was an elaborate dance in formal clothes with blades acting as their hands.

Emma locked eyes with Calano over the dance blades and quickly broke eye contact. She shoke her head and resolved to focus on the blinding sword instead of his intoxicating eyes. This was the only way, wasn't it? Don't I have to destroy him?

Calano tried to plead with her to stop this with his eyes, but she looked away to quickly.

He could feel the turmoil inside her though. And inside himself, despite the rings shattering. So he did what he did best. He unsheathed his most powerful weapon.

Words. Backed by the Light and Truth of the Creator, his Words would be more than simple words. They were the Words to change everything. 

“Emma,” He said, swinging his sword to parry a blow from her own, the light and dark blades clashing beautifully in the small office, “I see your struggle. I know them intimately, as I know you intimately.”

“But you can be better,” He said, “You could fix it all. Please, Emma. My most beautiful raven, my adored wife, please. I still love you. I always have and I always will. That will never change, no matter what happens.”

Calano locked eyes with her.

”You can always come home to my arms.” He whispered.

@The Wandering Wizard

On 8/8/2023 at 0:47 PM, InfiniteInsanity said:

"You are forced to do nothing. There are other ways." Insa turned to Bookwyrm. "I've got the energy and adrenaline to keep a couple storms up for a while. But if I'm attacking on the ground and keeping up the storms in the sky one of the two is gonna suffer severely. So I'm gonna leave. Go somewhere safe and well hidden where I'll be able to keep the storms up here. I'll use the storms to attack and cause distractions. If you come face to face with one of our friends and your stuff isn't working send me a message. I'll knock them out or something like that and use the storm to move them to my location. I'll have all the tools I need to take care of them there. If at any moment Kaos decides that now would be a good time to cause a glitch I'll drop the storm before anything happens and it'll be back in a little bit. Sound good?'

@The Bookwyrm @Thaidakar the Ghostblood

Just now, The Wandering Wizard said:

A cold chuckle resounded around him.

"Boy you aren't going anywhere yet."

The ground rippled and thousands of twisted figures emerged from the earth infront of then. Their forms were haggard and their eyes gleamed with a purple light. At their head rested a figure in a dark violet suit of armor. The seamless quality seemed to boast shardplate but it glowed with an inner dark light. The man flicked open the visor to reveal Meridas Amaran albeit missing a few parts. Casually he flicked down the helmet and shouted "CHARGE!!!"

@Thaidakar the Ghostblood @The Bookwyrm @InfiniteInsanity

"I suppose, I-" Thaidakar raised a claw. "Drifted ones... let's get the job done." He turned to Insa and nodded, "I wish you luck. For the Creator. For the Clinic." And, with that, Thaidakar and the other dragons charged into the thousands, ripping through them with a combination of fire, claws, teeth and just smashing them to pieces. Thaidakar himself breathed a pillar of red energy down onto them, melting them. Of course, they weren't doing a very good job of taking out all of them, just a large chunk. 

In a distant place, a being sat down in a chair, it's mechanical suit scratching the stone. the creature smiled, or did as best it could to smile. It was hard to do so with a beak. King Chickeee was very much alive and planning. A voice whispered, "The war has begun... The target is almost ready to be attacked. Wait till the conflict is over. We must make their side win otherwise we will not have our chance."

"Yes, my lord..." the chicken said in the suit. "I will do what I must."

TAAron watched time accelerate around him at blinding speeds. It was all he could do to keep his cadmium burning, and himself suspended in the bubble, as the furious force inside him struggled for control. He couldn't let himself think, or he would give in to the thing inhabiting his mind. He just floated, waiting for something, anything to happen.

11 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

Probably not currently. You can join in season 2 which will happen... eventually? next year sometime? We were going to have Season two up by now, but season 1's finale is taking absolutely forever.

On 8/16/2023 at 2:10 PM, CalanoCorvus said:

Calano tried to plead with her to stop this with his eyes, but she looked away to quickly.

He could feel the turmoil inside her though. And inside himself, despite the rings shattering. So he did what he did best. He unsheathed his most powerful weapon.

Words. Backed by the Light and Truth of the Creator, his Words would be more than simple words. They were the Words to change everything. 

“Emma,” He said, swinging his sword to parry a blow from her own, the light and dark blades clashing beautifully in the small office, “I see your struggle. I know them intimately, as I know you intimately.”

“But you can be better,” He said, “You could fix it all. Please, Emma. My most beautiful raven, my adored wife, please. I still love you. I always have and I always will. That will never change, no matter what happens.”

Calano locked eyes with her.

”You can always come home to my arms.” He whispered.

@The Wandering Wizard

Hurriedly Emma began to wrap her mind in darkness, but she froze as she truly heard and felt his words.

This is what I want right? This...darkness and confusion?

Wasn't this so I could have a life and family with him? But wasn’t I already on that path? Why...why did I stray?

In that moment of pure light, Emma realized the greatest lie of the darkness. That there was no other way when there always was. He'd always been there showing her that there was another way, a higher, better way.

Already she could feel the darkness closing in again, trying to cloud her mind. Gritting her teeth she shoved all of the darkness out of her, letting it hover in the air.

"Destroy it!" Emma whispered, her voice raw with pain, Oh Wizard I'm sorry. "Destroy the dark with all of the light! It's the only way to free me! Please my Crow, free me!"

@CalanoCorvus

Edited by The Wandering Wizard

1 minute ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Hurriedly Emma began to wrap her mind in darkness, but she froze as she truly heard and felt his words.

This is what I want right? This...darkness and confusion?

Wasn't this so I could have a life and family with him? But wasn’t I already on that path? Why...why did I stray?

In that moment of pure light, Emma realized the greatest lie of the darkness. That there was no other way when there always was. He'd always been there showing her that there was another way, a higher, better way.

Already she could feel the darkness closing in again, trying to cloud her mind. Gritting her teeth she shoved all of the darkness out of her, letting it hover in the air.

"Destroy it!" Emma whispered, her voice raw with pain, Oh Wizard I'm sorry. "Destroy the dark with all of the light! It's the only way to free me! Please my Raven, free me!"

@CalanoCorvus

Calano shoved so much Light into his Lightsword he feared it would shatter, or he would faint. Maybe both.

He shouted, defying everything in his way, and plunged his Lightsword into the heart of the broiling mass of Kaos and darkness.

He willed Light into the mass, eating it from the inside. Light from the endless pool of his energy. Emma had only been an Avatar of Kaos, but even still, had been near to godhood herself. She’d been only days, perhaps hours away from becoming Kaos itself.

But Calano was a god. And a powerful one. So, he willed half of his Light, half of his energy, into the writhing orb of evil and Kaos.

The Light ate at the Kaos, destroying and transforming it into Light, until all was purged, and nothing remained but Light and joy.

He shoved the mass of Light back into Emma.

A ring of energy appeared, connecting both of them, and then blasted outwards, shattering the walls of the office in the fortress, and destroying anything else it came in contact with.

They both fell backwards onto the floor of the office, unconscious.

@The Wandering Wizard