Rune

So, I don't know if this has been thought of before, but I have had a theory for some time that we will eventually see more orders of the Knight Radiants-or at least sub-orders.  Let me explain-we know that surgebinding is a result of Honor and Cultivation and that worlds with a invested shard have a magic system based at least partly off of the shard.  Odium has now started investing himself more and more into Roshar and we've seen the effects in the Fused and voidbinding.  Renarin, has bonded a spren corrupted by Odium and has manifested new variations (hence the sub-orders) on the original truthwatcher abilities.  He is still a truthwatcher in that he accesses the same surges, he just manifests them in new and different ways.  What are your guys's thoughts on this? Do you think that we could see sub-orders of the original Radiant orders?

5 hours ago, The Unknown Novel said:

I believe there's a WoB on Renarin, the Fused are in book confirmed Surgebinders. I may be misremembering the WoB though.

WoB - Voidbinding

Chaos

You've recently said that Rosharans call everything Surgebinding. So my question is: does Khriss call what the Fused do "Surgebinding"?

Brandon Sanderson

Yes.

Chaos

Interesting. We still don't know what Voidbinding is, but we'll get there eventually, I'm sure.

Brandon Sanderson

You will.

7 hours ago, Rune said:

What makes you say that?

It was said Fused use surgebinding. Venli even questions Raboniel why,  if Odium is their God, they practice with Honors and Cultivation Surges

However they fuel their Surges with Odium investiture (Voidlight)

I think the Unmade are the ones that actually use Voidbinding

10 hours ago, Rune said:

What makes you say that?

The others have pointed out why the Fused Surgebind

So here is some evidence for Renarin Voidbinding

Spoiler

Argent

Let's talk about Renarin, and Voidbinding. So, with that page we talked about, Renarin Voidbinds. I asked about visions, you pointed to Voidbinding chart, he Voidbinds. Is that using Stormlight to power abilities different from the Surgebindings we've seen?  

Brandon Sanderson

Yes. 

Argent

Is that what voidbinding is? 

Brandon Sanderson

No, but close. You're on the right track. We are gonna get into that, I'm not gonna tell you what the chart means, and things like that. But yeah, something really weird is happening there. 

Footnote: The chart referenced is the back endsheet in The Way of Kings.
Oathbringer Chicago signing (Nov. 21, 2017)

Argent talks more about his "Secret WoB" here

But it boils down to Argent asked Brandon about Renarin's visions, and Brandon pointed him to the Voidbinding chart.

Edited by Frustration

In terms of sub-Radiant orders, at the end of RoW, a bunch or spren are about to take the plunge and join the war effort. Some of those Spren might join the third faction.... the Listeners. Among the Listeners there are now a couple dozen fused. These Fused along with the remaining Listeners all could bound spren. Some honor spren may be drawn to the Leshwi and her companions. Their souls may not be as cracked as they think.