Club for those who can't smell

Welcome fellow people that have hypsomia or ansomia. I can't smell anything and can only taste if something is sweet or sour etc. Anyone that can't smell can join and those that can't can still come in and learn about what it's like to not smell. I summons those that can't smell @Morningtide and @AonEne

Edited by The Wandering Wizard

My dad when we figured out that I can't smell, well him being my dad started finding all sorts of stuff that had a really powerful smell and I couldn't smell anything. It also explains why when my dad made egg plant parmesan and everyone though it tasted horrible, but it just tasted like nothing at all to me.

1 hour ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

My dad when we figured out that I can't smell, well him being my dad started finding all sorts of stuff that had a really powerful smell and I couldn't smell anything. It also explains why when my dad made egg plant parmesan and everyone though it tasted horrible, but it just tasted like nothing at all to me.

Fascinating. I've never had egg plant parmesan. It sounds terrible lol

Just now, The Wandering Wizard said:

It was only terrible because my dad messed up cooking it. My parents once said that we have eggplant parmesan on April 1st but we went out to eat instead. 

Ah makes sense. Like the pumpkin soup that my mom made, but messed up on so it tasted like burnt. It didn't taste burnt, it tasted like burnt. That was the only flavor. :lol:

Damn I'm sorry guys that sucks. I haven't been able to smell properly for almost two years, but I'm sure it will come back sooner or later. I can't imagine not being able to smell at all. That must be annoying.

Edited by Sequence

• 4 months later...

Didn't see this at the time of posting but hey!! I'm anosmic, have been my whole life, but a while back I started to smell orange chicken which was crazy. Like, scents are *that* far back in the nose? Weiiiiiiird. 

15 hours ago, AonEne said:

Didn't see this at the time of posting but hey!! I'm anosmic, have been my whole life, but a while back I started to smell orange chicken which was crazy. Like, scents are *that* far back in the nose? Weiiiiiiird. 

Can you taste anything?

I can differentiate between sweet, sour, and spicy, but that's about it.

2 minutes ago, Sequence said:

I know right? It's almost like people want to partake in one of life's best sensations.

I think it's tied with taste as the least valuable sense. It can be nice, but it turns against you so often it almost isn't worth it.

5 minutes ago, AonDoor said:

I think it's tied with taste as the least valuable sense. It can be nice, but it turns against you so often it almost isn't worth it.

Ah I see. That makes sense I suppose. I personally enjoy smell and taste, but you do you!