The Dark Academics

A dark academic is a person who relates to dark academia which is an internet subculture that idealises a time when the higher classes of society focused on education in liberal arts

It's basically 

Poetry 

Donna Tart 

The secret history 

Sweaters 

Shirts 

Journals 

Writing 

Tweed 

Candles 

Books 

Classic literature 

Edgar Allan Poe 

Dracula 

Moody weather 

Gothic architecture

Studying in a library at midnight 

Spending hours in a bookstore 

Reading obscure books 

Coffee 

Tea 

Classical music 

If you identify with any of these, come join me

Edited by Elf

My friend.

I hope that you can welcome me into this guild you have created.

I pride myself on my writing, on my reading, on my stories.

On my worlds.

I live in my head.

My characters live alongside me.

What Oaths must I swear? Would you like me to come up with some?

I welcome you, my friend.

It would be awesome if you could come up with some oaths!

Edited by Elf

One big group, I say. That feels more fun 

Or wait. 

What do you think we should do?

Edited by Elf

All right, then one big group. Classifying it may leave out some people if they feel like they don't relate to it. I think just one group would be better! :))

The First Oath:

Academia Tenebrosa, the all holy Guild, to which I now belong always and forever, I do now, always, and forever swear fealty to thee, until my story ends, either in this Reality or in the Reality I craft. Academia Tenebrosa, Semper Et Aeternus.

The Second Oath (Story Based):

I swear, for as long as I am a part of this Guild, to craft a story worth reading, to craft a story worth crafting, regardless of time required, regardless of materials required, and regardless of assistance required.

The Third Oath (Character Based):

I swear, for as long as I am a part of this Guild, to create a character to which one can relate, to create a character which one will enjoy, and to create a character that lives as much as I live.

The Fourth Oath (Self Based):

I swear, for as long as I am a part of this Guild, to always strive to create the best work I can, to always strive to make it as believable as I can, to always strive to be the best Student Tenebris.

The Fifth Oath (Final Oath):

I swear to devote my life, and all that that may entail, to the Academia Tenebrosa. With this oath, I assume a position of Dux Tenebris, to guide my fellow peers and Student Tenebri in this great craft.

There you go, @Elf, The Five Oaths Of Academia Tenebrosa.

That's awesomeeee! Sounds super cool. I swear to all of them. 

Now let us wait and see who else joins us

Edited by Elf

Elf, you must type them to swear to them.

I will swear the first 2.

Academia Tenebrosa, the all holy Guild, to which I now belong always and forever, I do now, always, and forever swear fealty to thee, until my story ends, either in this Reality or in the Reality I craft. Academia Tenebrosa, Semper Et Aeternus.

I swear, for as long as I am a part of this Guild, to craft a story worth reading, to craft a story worth crafting, regardless of time required, regardless of materials required, and regardless of assistance required.

Huh 

Too much typing:/ fingers hurt 

Academia Tenebrosa, the all holy Guild, to which I now belong always and forever, I do now, always, and forever swear fealty to thee, until my story ends, either in this Reality or in the Reality I craft. Academia Tenebrosa, Semper Et Aeternus.

I swear, for as long as I am a part of this Guild, to craft a story worth reading, to craft a story worth crafting, regardless of time required, regardless of materials required, and regardless of assistance required.

Ok i swear first two as well.

Welcome! 

(Now I just gotta figure what we'll actually do here) 

(Maybe talk about poetry, discuss books, post aesthetic photos, talk about writing etc)

In one shot, I will swear the first three oaths, with mild personal modifications on the first.

The First Oath:

Academia Tenebrosa, the all holy Guild, to which I now belong, I do now, always, and swear fealty to thee, until my story ends, either in this Reality or in the Reality I craft. Academia Tenebrosa, Semper Et Aeternus.

The Second Oath (Story Based):

The Third Oath (Character Based):

I swear, for as long as I am a part of this Guild, to create a character to which one can relate, to create a character which one will enjoy, and to create a character that lives as much as I live.

On 5/17/2022 at 8:41 AM, Elf said:

Sweaters

Writing

Tea

Classical Music

Moody Weather

Tweed

I don't know anything about this so-called, "Dark Academics," but I love Sweaters, because they're the best, I love writing, even though I'm bad at it, I love Tea, because it's awesome, I love Classical music, because, come on, who doesn't? I love moody weather, because it's calming, and I have no idea what Tweed is but it sounds like a fun word.

25 minutes ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

Tweed is a type of cloth:

Spoiler

Harris Tweed Men's Jacket The Stromay : Clothing, Shoes & Jewelry

Ooooo. I like Tweed now too. That fuzzy/rough kind of jacket/coat stuff.

Edited by Sequence

I swear, for as long as I am a part of this Guild, to always strive to create the best work I can, to always strive to make it as believable as I can, to always strive to be the best Student Tenebris.

Oh yeh im moving up the ranks