Mistborn(era 1) vs Jedi

Mistborn vs Jedi  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Who would win in a 1 v 1 fight

2. 2. 2v2

Just now, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

the definition of Fullborn is one who has all 16 Feruchemical abilities, and all 16 Allomantic abilities.

TLR was insanely powerful. he used the Well of Ascension to boost his powers beyond even a Lerasium Mistborn,

2 minutes ago, Nameless said:

TLR was insanely powerful. he used the Well of Ascension to boost his powers beyond even a Lerasium Mistborn,

I realize, and he was probably a savant in all the metals he had access to. However, It is confirmed in Mistborn that he could push metals inside people, and I expect any high-powered savant in those could do that.

I realize, and he was probably a savant in all the metals he had access to. However, It is confirmed in Mistborn that he could push metals inside people, and I expect any high-powered savant in those could do that.

Well, in the case we're talking about, jedi have no resistance to metals in their body being pushed. We're talking about trace metals, like the iron in your bloodstream.

3 minutes ago, Nameless said:

Well, in the case we're talking about, jedi have no resistance to metals in their body being pushed. We're talking about trace metals, like the iron in your bloodstream.

Then the Jedi could definitely be pushed by those, Vin pushes a mass of pewter dust in the air.

Then the Jedi could definitely be pushed by those, Vin pushes a mass of pewter dust in the air.

We're talking microscopic amounts of metal here. Mistborn can't push off of trace metals in rock.

Just now, The Unknown Novel said:

Shouldn't this be in Cosmere Discussion?

Mistborn, but yes. I've already given the mods a heads up on it.

savants. Lerasium misting steelpusher savant.

Still probably not enough.

Edited by Frustration

6 minutes ago, Some Random Spren said:

That wouldn't be enough, you need a fairly big energy source like the mists or compounding in order to both push on trace metals and get past the "pushing inside a person" boundary

we are discounting any body resistance, or I do not know what is going on. (possible anyway)

we are discounting any body resistance, or I do not know what is going on. (possible anyway)

We are but trace metals are still outside of range of all but the most powerful of allomancers.

6 minutes ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

what i meant is that metals in a body don't appear in normal allomancy

edit: re-reading this message i think i may have misinterpreted what you were saying

Edited by Some Random Spren

I don't think we know enough about how the abilities interact. Does Copper shield against Jedi mind tricks? To what extent does Atium and Electrum disrupt Precognition? What is the terrain? What level of training are we talking?

I think it's reasonable to assume that to make this a fair(er) fight, that the Jedi and Mistborn have had equal time for training. If you break out Yoda, then you break out a similarly aged and experienced Mistborn by pulling out TLR but take away his Feruchemical abilities and dependencies. 

There's also issues of what canon of Star Wars you choose to use for this, because there is serious power creep and/or abilities only demonstrated in a single individual. There have been Jedi who can smash a Star Destroyer into a planet, run 100 m in a second, absorb most of a planet's worth of life, etc. The ability sheet on Wookieepedia has over a hundred abilities that different writers or game developers have thrown in over the decades never seen in the movies. Which ones are we giving to the Jedi in this hypothetical duel? Are we giving the basic power suite or the more unique skills?

Consider that some of the most powerful Dark Side practitioners we've seen - as in Darth Vader and Kylo Ren - have still a spark of light in them that they have to continually stoke their rage/anger over to suppress...

Maybe a Mistborn could duralumin Soothe/Riot them to flip them back to the Light Side.

Even if that doesn't win the fight right there, it should at least cause a moment of emotional turmoil that leaves an opening for a well placed coin to the head or something.

LOL

But yeah, on the face of it, completely open-ended, no-balancing-cost magic like the Force and the One Power in the Wheel of Time are inherently more OP than anything in the Cosmere that we've seen (possibly except for AonDor for an Elantrian on home turf, or a Connection hack thereof)

5 minutes ago, robardin said:

But yeah, on the face of it, completely open-ended, no-balancing-cost magic like the Force and the One Power in the Wheel of Time are inherently more OP than anything in the Cosmere that we've seen (possibly except for AonDor for an Elantrian on home turf, or a Connection hack thereof)

I'd go a step further and say that Mistborn are among the least powerful magic users in a high fantasy setting.

23 minutes ago, robardin said:

Eh. I’d like to see a normal Jedi go up against a flying, force-proof powerarmor wearing super soldier wielding a six-foot long sword that can cut through just about anything.

Yeah... on paper, Jango Fett, Boba Fett, Trade Federation troopers, droideka, etc. shouldn't give Jedi nearly as much trouble as they do. Upgrade her daggers and Vin could have utterly trashed most of the droid army in Episode 2. The limitation of only being able to affect metal can be an advantage in the right circumstance.

Edited by Duxredux

6 hours ago, Frustration said:

I don't think the systems should interact, or be forced to play by any rules other than their own. Jedi wouldn't count as invested, and the force would not count as investiture.

And this is why it's impossible to agree. We're measuring with two different systems.

5 hours ago, Frustration said:

That is true, but that assumes that the Jedi has those.

Belt buckles. Anything in their boots. Pant buttons and zippers. We humans use so much metal without even realizing it. I doubt the Jedi are any different.

When I was talking about the Mistborn jumping in ways the Jedi wouldn't expect, I was talking about them casually changing direction mid-jump.

But you're right about copper. I temporarily forgot how it worked.

5 hours ago, Nameless said:

And a Mistborn can use any metal embedded in the jedi's body against them. Tooth fillings, earings, robotic parts, all incredibly vulnerable to a Mistborn's attacks.

Metals inside bodies are hard to affect without duralumin