Explain Your Username!

S. Stormy

When I joined I was so excited and I hadn't really explored the shard a lot, so I thought that lots more people would have usernames that are character names. I basically tried out a bunch, and some were taken but since it was right after I read RoW I chose The Sibling. It's kind of funny because most people's usernames are in fact, not character names, but oh well. I am a sibling in real life too, so I guess it makes sense. 

• 2 weeks later...

Long time lurker, first time poster, figured I might as well pitch in here since everyone else has haha. My name is fairly obvious, my favorite new(ish) cosmere magic plus 2 aons. But what is important to me is what two aons they are. For those unaware, Aon Edo is the one used to form a barrier, a protective wall. Aon Ati, on the other hand, doesn not seem to have a specific use in AonDor but instead has a more solid meaning, referring to Hope. I chose these two as they can be read as "Defender/Protector of hope" or "One who is protected by hope." I just think it's really cool, and I try to live up to the name as best I can! My profile picture (once I get around to setting it) is going to be an aon symbol I persionally made by combining those two aons. At some point when I know all the aethers I'm going to recolor and redesign it to be made out of that aether! Attatched is the full version of the photo I used

EdoAti.png

Edited by EdoAtiAether

• 1 month later...

well, I've really just had this username for awhile since I kept trying to have a spoilery username (I will not give details, not for the reasons you think. I doubt even Chaos knows the full story XD) and Chaos removed my ability to change it. so...

YARN | I couldn't undo it if I tried. | Hamilton | Video gifs by quotes |  233d7ea3 | 紗

Edited by Thaidakar the Ghostblood
forgot to add some stuff.

Aismeen is actually a character of mine in a story I plan on writing (after the story I'm currently writing lol). It's a sci-fi story, and she's the leader of a tiny planet country named Sthaa where everyone lives underground because the surface is uninhabitable. Her main problems are that the other planet-countries think that Sthaa is weak because it's so small and it just went through a civil war, and her people don't like her very much because she seized power in aforementioned civil war and brought a lot of changes to the government. Aismeen really just wants to be a scientist/engineer but she got into politics when she was young and now she's kinda good at it and she feels like she has to protect her country.

My name comes from a few places:

1. OneFin on newgrounds made this amazing song called Aeolia. Aeolia sounds pretty good (not my favorite). 
  2. Aeolia was gonna be my name because it had a strong connection to air, which is free and can do whatever it wants.
  3. The e at the end comes from the second point. Aeolia sounds like a female name, and since i identify as nb, I decided to add a vowel to the end to form a repeat pattern 
  4. Some people call me Aeo, which is similar to Teo, which is one of my favourite songs of all time.
  5. Aeoliae was chosen by me because I wanted a name that imposed a logical compision while being unique.

My othernames include Exotwo [old], Clearwater [discord2], Temperal [discord2], ClearwaterRiver [Geometry dash]

When I was about 7yo (1982 - yes I'm old) I played my first RPG - TMNT and Other Strangeness 1ed (for those of you counting, yes that was long before there was a mainstream TMNT anything*). At that point I had heard the name Tremaine (also Trumane/Tremayne) but had never seen it spelled. So my first character was Treamayne (mutant tiger).

Treamayne has also been a character of mine in Palladium's Heroes Unlimited, Villains and Vigilantes, OWoD (VtM, WtA, MtA, WtO), and a few other games that only lasted 1-2 sessions (AD&D, Call of Cthulu, Paranoia, etc.).

The name is spelled wrong, so it tends to be available everywhere - and I use it everywhere (forums, discord, email addresses, etc.) and have been using it since my old BBS days in the late 80s.

Spoiler

Kevin Eastman and Peter Laird were first publishing TMNT (comics and RPG) from Lanyo Ave. in Detroit which is near where I grew up.

Edited by Treamayne
Spoiler

• 3 weeks later...