I'll draw your RP characters

4 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Was a lot messier and looser than some of my other sketches, but I thought that'd be more true to his aesthetic anyways.

Well, I'm just happy my character has an aesthetic, Mr. Fadran.

2 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

hmm, welll...

I was gon show you how I start a sketch but then it occurred to me that I don't have paper or a pencil on me atm

...do you want a low-quality image with pen on a notebook page?

oop, sorry i didn't see this, my father summoned me so i had to go.

And sure! Anything would help me improve cause when i try to draw people from different perspectives they just look like flat boxes ;-;

25 minutes ago, Szeth's Facepalm said:

oop, sorry i didn't see this, my father summoned me so i had to go.

And sure! Anything would help me improve cause when i try to draw people from different perspectives they just look like flat boxes ;-;

Show me one of these flat box peoples. I'll see what things I can point out and mcfix

Would you maybe draw Mitis? She has choppy blonde hair that's short around her face and long in the back, so that from behind, it looks like a v shape. She wears a dark blue, dark green, or I dunno another color T-shirt, and then also jeans and faded red and white sneakers. Her eyes are green, and she has a leather bag stamped with dragons (you dont have to draw those). She has these four-sided dicey things, except they look like they're made of smoke. In case you want anything in her hand or something.

But hey, no pressure at all.

28 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Show me one of these flat box peoples. I'll see what things I can point out and mcfix

Spoiler

63bb6df823486_ninozzboiz.jpg.fd8a972c88ac9bb8125255863271ace8.jpg

(i promise this one looks a little better with non-horrendous lighting. at least the colors do.)

anyway they just look like weird blocks in this one. i couldn't figure our how to make them not flat.

Spoiler

63bb6e667e1d9_atomquoththeraven.jpg.fdac95b6cdb72c2b1514967629234ed7.jpg

i like really like this one *except* for the torso, which is the biggest part and looks like... well, like a piece of paper ;-; (also off-topic but i should have given that vest more character lol)

If it's not too much to ask could you draw Whist?? (from the archipelago rp)

Her character description is in her character sheet, but I can summarize here:

She has dark brown hair, light brown skin, and large round glasses. She's about mid-20's to 30's in age, and she wears girly clothing that tends to be yellows, and oranges. She usually has a backpack and a long staff/ walking stick thing.

I hope thats not too complicated ^^;

On 12/14/2022 at 5:28 PM, The Halcyon Girl said:

HALY CAN YOU DO HALY? PLEASE??

If so…

Hide contents

Light eyes, long brown hair, barefooted, tunic and leggings. She has a hair clip and she’s very smiley.

:D 

19 hours ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

Would you maybe draw Mitis? She has choppy blonde hair that's short around her face and long in the back, so that from behind, it looks like a v shape. She wears a dark blue, dark green, or I dunno another color T-shirt, and then also jeans and faded red and white sneakers. Her eyes are green, and she has a leather bag stamped with dragons (you dont have to draw those). She has these four-sided dicey things, except they look like they're made of smoke. In case you want anything in her hand or something.

But hey, no pressure at all.

VERY quickly doodled both these bois. T'was just a thing to do between classes, so both drawings are very very VERY rough and bad and such. If you want me to redraw them ever and make them bueno then I can totally do that. In fact I almost definitely will (for Haly at least, who is a person I know decently well (it's you. It's Haly) - Mitis maybe not so much 'cause I have absolutely no read on what vibes they have).

IMG_0228.jpg.c2ea29d49ea3b6ee76e833cd652a2dd1.jpg

I also included some process pics for Le Facepalme

Spoiler

IMG_0221.jpg.ef52b538808b32092f4a46b1e0d487f6.jpg

Turns out the first few size lines are absolutely crucial. I didn't do these for a few months, which was what experts call a 'mistake.' The middle line down the face aligns the nose (which I draw just beneath the hoizontal, where you put the eyes). Top circle is cranium, bottom triangle thingy is jawline. Remember that the neck comes up past the jaw (you'll probably never see me do any art where you see the neck's connection to the chin).

Middle line down the torso is... important-ish. Probably. Idk. It's the connection between the shoulders that's most important. It gives you a square of sorts, so you have Ultimate Broadness before slackening down from there. The slope of that line pretty much single-handedly determines the perspective of your drawing, so make sure you do it.

IMG_0224.jpg.be7ffe04f93deb8f651ade65edec59cd.jpgIMG_0225.jpg.f0fd8a91375534178a16d29648494b8a.jpg

Heads. I always save hair for last 'cause I like drawing it. How you slant the space between the eyes shows which way they're facing.

IMG_0226.jpg.6c65476fd88a4e2eef68b018ba76e45c.jpg IMG_0227.jpg.ae995a4218a2e66da08b702312637572.jpg

Clothings! Kinda. Always remember to draw the body first. It feels awkward to do (especially if you're a straight guy like me drawing a girl), but it's crucial. 

I've said the word crucial a lot.

Again, this was just a quick sketch in a pad I brought with me to do between classes. I didn't even bother with the hands or feet or even the legs for that matter.

If you want I can do the same thing but for an actually decent drawing at some point.

IMG_0223.jpg

IMG_0222.jpg

5 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

VERY quickly doodled both these bois. T'was just a thing to do between classes, so both drawings are very very VERY rough and bad and such. If you want me to redraw them ever and make them bueno then I can totally do that. In fact I almost definitely will (for Haly at least, who is a person I know decently well (it's you. It's Haly) - Mitis maybe not so much 'cause I have absolutely no read on what vibes they have).

I also included some process pics for Le Facepalme

Hide contents

IMG_0221.jpg.ef52b538808b32092f4a46b1e0d487f6.jpg

Turns out the first few size lines are absolutely crucial. I didn't do these for a few months, which was what experts call a 'mistake.' The middle line down the face aligns the nose (which I draw just beneath the hoizontal, where you put the eyes). Top circle is cranium, bottom triangle thingy is jawline. Remember that the neck comes up past the jaw (you'll probably never see me do any art where you see the neck's connection to the chin).

Middle line down the torso is... important-ish. Probably. Idk. It's the connection between the shoulders that's most important. It gives you a square of sorts, so you have Ultimate Broadness before slackening down from there. The slope of that line pretty much single-handedly determines the perspective of your drawing, so make sure you do it.

IMG_0224.jpg.be7ffe04f93deb8f651ade65edec59cd.jpgIMG_0225.jpg.f0fd8a91375534178a16d29648494b8a.jpg

Heads. I always save hair for last 'cause I like drawing it. How you slant the space between the eyes shows which way they're facing.

IMG_0226.jpg.6c65476fd88a4e2eef68b018ba76e45c.jpg IMG_0227.jpg.ae995a4218a2e66da08b702312637572.jpg

Clothings! Kinda. Always remember to draw the body first. It feels awkward to do (especially if you're a straight guy like me drawing a girl), but it's crucial. 

I've said the word crucial a lot.

Again, this was just a quick sketch in a pad I brought with me to do between classes. I didn't even bother with the hands or feet or even the legs for that matter.

If you want I can do the same thing but for an actually decent drawing at some point.

IMG_0223.jpg

IMG_0222.jpg

Thank you they look great!!

I would certainly appreciate that, but no pressure! :D 

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, NerdyAarakocra said:

HI!

I was wondering if you could draw Il'anque's spirit from White Iron. Its color scheme is green and brown, and it looks like Il'anque only with barkskin and deer antlers.
Thank you so much!

IMG_0298.jpg.d36d8498bc92e6a126ad6eb91f534bb8.jpg

Is VERY experimental. First time using colored pencils in this textbook, and it turned out... okay. Kinda. It's really messy.

1 minute ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

IMG_0298.jpg.d36d8498bc92e6a126ad6eb91f534bb8.jpg

Is VERY experimental. First time using colored pencils in this textbook, and it turned out... okay. Kinda. It's really messy.

Cool!

Waitaminit--

1 minute ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

textbook

???

• 2 months later...

you might not want to do this, and thats fine so don't do it <3

so i have this rp character, Jinx (created in a d&d-esque fashion), who is male, with dark brown eyes, slightly tanned skin, brown hair to match his eyes, 5"8, and 120 lbs. Lean, muscular, slim, and lightweight. He has nothing to call his own, really, so his clothes are second-handed and dirty, but not too ripped or torn. This is very detailed, but it doesn't actually have to be complicated or anything. And, like I said, take as much time as you need to do it, if you even want to do it all.

here, i'll include a character bio for anyone who wants to read it lol (it's only hidden because it's sorta long)

Spoiler

I am a charismatic Sorcerer, sometimes called Jinx, but also under the alias of Kai, who’s chaotic neutral and very unwise but witty. I am in my early 20s but act naive sometimes, while I act older than my age at other times. I drink, but I’m not an alcoholic. I might cast spells (that don’t harm… too much) as pranks at others’ expense. But I also am loyal to my closest friends, even if I don’t trust them. I’ve been betrayed by my closest lover, Ace, so I have trust issues. If I ever encounter Ace again, he will attempt to kill me. Ace doesn't know that I'm still alive. I get myself in bad situations all the time, but can usually find a way out of them. If someone insults my friends, I’ll make that person regret it. I’m slightly egotistical, but I also bury my past and refuse to talk about the betrayal and before that for the fear of bringing up unwanted emotions. No one sees me cry. But I have a sense of humor and, like I said before, charisma! I don’t make friends easily, and I never can stay in a romantic relationship for longer than a week before I get bored and leave to go somewhere else. I’m gay. I am very popular wherever I go, but I always go under alias names, some of which are Kai, Jinx, Ore, Ink, Zane, and Yon. Everyone knows me, but no one knows me. For some unknown reasons, I can find the weirdest but most helpful connections. I always find some Inn to sleep in, because I’m known amongst most Inn or Tavern owners around the towns, but I never pay or have my own house. I’ve slept in very weird places before, such as under a Tavern bar, or in the attic of a potion shop. I’m an orphan, but I’ve been raised on the run, so that’s how I’ve made many connections. I overuse the word “mate," and do what it takes to survive. I have high charisma and dexterity stats, along with sleight of hand, survival, persuasion, stealth, and deception. I always cheat at cards, but never get caught :]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...