The Boiling Isles - an RP

Channelknight Fadran

Power Scaling?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. How should the power levels scale?

• We're all weak witchlets just barely drawing our first magic circles
    • Accomplished witchlets, probably with palismans and everything
    • Fully-fledged warriors and witches
    • Beyond what the show does - we'd be kinda adult-ifying it
    • Literal. Freaking. Anime.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"So he's a mercenary. That we can work with, actually. Probably. If you wouldn't mind coming back to the precinct headquarters with me to answer a few questions, then we should go do that. It's going to rain soon, and we'd best be inside when it starts. I'll send some scouts to get this guy in a bit."

Alix uncoiled from Suv's wrist, and lengthened again. Suv boarded, and glanced at the small biped demon.

"What's your name?"

Suv landed at HQ, and thumbed back towards where he'd come. A couple of scouts flew off in that direction to retrieve the argan. Although he was so young, Suv had built up something of a reputation. He wasn't extremely powerful, but most people listened if he asked them to do something menial.

"If you could follow me inside, so I can write up a report. Don't worry about the Argan, he'll be in the Conformatorium for a few days, but he'll be fine."

Suv stepped up to the door just as the boiling rains started, and opened the door, beckoning Cricket inside.

Right on schedule, he thought to the rain.

"I'm here too much, so I don't like it, but thanks."

Suv wandered to a nearby desk, selecting a pad and paper. "So- You were after Sia Jergunstaink. You did a bad job. Argan got aggravated. Anything else?

Suv said all this as he wrote it down.

"So I gathered. Alright, if you want to stay here to wait out the rains, that's fine."

Suv finished writing stuff down, then ripped off the page, and set it on the desk.

"You got a sigil, Cricket?"

When does this take place? Before Luz, during Luz? Before or after the Day of Unity?

So... Belos is emperor, but he's just another leader during this time? No super big things yet? Gotcha.

Suv smiled, proffering his own wrist, showing his own Emperor's Sigil.

"Despite being in the Emperor's Coven, I specialize in Plant magic. I sometimes dabble in Construction magic, but I like plants, so."

Suv yawned as the rain pattered and hissed against the roof. Two scouts with holes in their cloaks dragged a grumbling Argan through the door. The Argan had some burns on him from the boiling rains, but he'd be fine after a once over by a member of the Healing Coven.

Suv nodded to him. "There's our guy. What's his name?"

Edited by CalanoCorvus

Kora scuffed the dirt with his purple boots, gazing at the door of the tea shop. He'd gotten back from school, and he knew he should go inside and either help with business or practice his chemical-altering whistles, but he just couldn't bring himself to. It'd been like this for weeks. Kora liked fast paces, he liked adventure, he liked getting swept up in things and going along with them. He didn't like weeks on end of the same, boring routine, which was what had been going on since the start of last semester. He knew it was stupid, to be annoyed that his life was going as usual, but he couldn't help it. Since he'd been little he'd always been getting into mischief. Never at anyone else's expense, until a harmless prank gone wrong last semester had got him in front of the principal and he'd been warned that if something like that happened again, he could be expelled. He'd never, ever been in trouble like that. And so close to graduation, to! He hadn't even known it was possible for someone to be allergic to griffin eggs. He'd been a wreck after, but cass had calmed him down. And ever since then, he'd been staying out of any trouble whatsoever and had been sticking to the routine.

But today... today he just couldn't. if adventure won't find me, i'll find it. He shouldered his bag, gripped his pailsman, and started down the road towards the city.

Edited by Szeth's Facepalm

On 8/1/2022 at 11:18 AM, CalanoCorvus said:

"I'm also 17. Graduated three years ago, when I was 14. I graduated early, if I remember what I was told. Still don't know why, they just shoved me into the Emperor's Coven so... Yeah."

"Interesting." Cricket's mind seemed a little off at the moment. "So you're considered to be powerful?"