Just now, Shining Silhouette said:

How do the Silmarils enter the game if Feanor dies?

They enter if Finwe dies, not Feanor. (Dang confusing F names :P)

But I don't know; my guess would be RNG.

Da[n=?]ex 3 - Archer, Wizard, Bookworm, 

Conq 1 - Kas

JNV 2 - Conq, Shining

TUN 1 - Araris

Araris 1 - Mat

Wizard 1 - Da[n=?]ex 

I feel like the Dannnnnnnex bandwagon has two very big negatives, one that it came out of nowhere and with very little reasoning, and two that it came from people who weren't in danger. For me that means that if it were anyone in the bandwagon, that it would be Archer because I don't see Melkor throwing himself out there for no serious reason. I guess unless he thought that Da[n=?]ex is Finwe for some reason? Either way, the votes don't make sense for Dan (which is what I'll be referring to Dannnnnnnnex to from now on) to be Melkor, or Wizard/Bookworm. Also, it seems like we have a bunch of single votes, which I don't think is particularly helpful. 

Also....

23 minutes ago, SymphonianBookworm said:

I don’t really know the devious strategies for this game, and since I think role-claiming is allowed, I’m just going to say it. I’m Feanor! Yay.

Reveal hidden contents

Don’t kill me please-

I have so many conflicted feelings about this. If you are Feanor though, I wouldn't mind a shield or a Fell Sword or maybe even both.

Just now, Conquestor said:

I have so many conflicted feelings about this. If you are Feanor though, I wouldn't mind a shield or a Fell Sword or maybe even both.

*holds hands up* I’ve already gotten a request (from danex)... All in good time.

Is it possible for me to not vote?

3 minutes ago, SymphonianBookworm said:

*holds hands up* I’ve already gotten a request (from danex)... All in good time.

Is it possible for me to not vote?

Just be careful who you pass a kill to. Don't just give it to anyone who asks :P. Edit: Though I suppose it's only a kill in the hands of a Son of Feanor.

If you want your vote able to be manipulated by the Orator, sure.

Edited by Matrim's Dice

2 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

If it was because of his easy TUN vote and his otherwise missing-in-action nature, then we'd be in agreement.

Well, if nobody votes on people who are making obvious elim plays, then all of a sudden elims can afford to be more obvious. TUN basically said, "I'm not posting useful content now, and when I do post later, it will be rules analysis." Which gets him out of contributing for the entire day. 

As for me being MIA, I had fun things to do today, and it's C1 of a conversion game, so my motivation is slightly down.

My hottest take is probably that all the Danex votes (minus Archer, who is never to be trusted) are clean, since there isn't really a reason for Melkor to stick out like that. And I would say that even in a non-conversion game, a new player joining a bandwagon is more of a village play (in that they feel like they need to vote, but are still figuring out how to form suspicions).

And does anyone else agree with me on TUN? Or if they don't do you have a legit reason to vote elsewhere?

Nah, I don’t disagree about TUN. But I also know that he does that as a villager too, and assume you know that as well :P. Having fun things to do is always a good excuse for lower activity though.

I think I agree with the Dannex voter assessment…? Bookworm is an easy yes. Wiz I’m more conflicted, there’s a few things that make me pause (ie, the unvote but that’s not the only thing) and he’s not new new, and yeah Archer is never to be trusted :P.

Speaking of which @Archer is there a reason you’re still on dannnnex, and did you figure out what you wanted to vote Araris about? I’m leaning vil on dannnex atm.

JNV is a wild card right now and with his single post isn’t a terrible exe. Better than dannnex at least. TUN and Wiz are both only okay and Conq is a poke from Kas he never took back. Lowkey agree with whoever said they’re getting eh vibes from Kas, I’ve heard that more than once I know. Gonna explore that later. Even though the last time I said that he was elim and killed me before I could.

I think I’ll stay on Araris for now. I’ll vote JNV at EoD if the votes don’t change. 2 hours left, right?

4 hours ago, Archer said:

I like the strategy of hunting down the person who started as Malkor before hitting the potential conversion targets. Even with the possibility of conversion in play later, it makes sense to clear anyone who can have started as a villager.

Once you do get a convert, you'll be able to fakeclaim a role much more easily.

3 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Just be careful who you pass a kill to. Don't just give it to anyone who asks :P. Edit: Though I suppose it's only a kill in the hands of a Son of Feanor.

If you want your vote able to be manipulated by the Orator, sure.

Feanor can keep the kill for himself but that delays his roleclaim and makes him a conversion target.

It's good for there to be 1-2 people who don't vote so Orators can prove their role if they wish.

I think Archer is Melkor. I'll even say the name this time. Subtle complaining about losing exe immunity + discussing conversion times and targets + Finwe hunting.

12 minutes ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

It's good for there to be 1-2 people who don't vote so Orators can prove their role if they wish.

I think Archer is Melkor. I'll even say the name this time. Subtle complaining about losing exe immunity + discussing conversion times and targets + Finwe hunting.

Fair enough. There’s no elim vote manip today.

Hmm. Good of you to make this case sooner than five minutes before rollover :P I’ll look into it real quick, I’m not sure if the complaining about losing immunity should be a point for or against Melkor!Archer and it depends I think on how subtle it actually was. I think it’d be a point against if it wasn’t subtle though it would be funny if e!Archer said outright that elims will be subtle and then did the opposite.

19 minutes ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

Good point, with reasoning good enough for me after a couple rereads.

I'll move my vote from JNV to Archer.

Heh. Came by to give Devo credit for playing PM mind games, but I think I raised their hackles by appearing to try to pocket them. 

I'm sympathetic to Araris' defence. And I spent the day playing DnD so I don't have much more to go on than a gut twinge. 

So I think I'll split my votes. Symph will be voting for Araris if they continue to remain a no vote. And Dannex can have the other. I don't see JNV as being that suspicious. 

Yes, that's a provable villager roleclaim, so lets shift those votes elsewhere please and thanks

5 minutes ago, Archer said:

Heh. Came by to give Devo credit for playing PM mind games, but I think I raised her hackles by appearing to try to pocket her

I'm sympathetic to Araris' defence. And I spent the day playing DnD so I don't have much more to go on than a gut twinge. 

So I think I'll split my votes. Symph will be voting for Araris if they continue to remain a no vote. And Dannex can have the other. I don't see JNV as being that suspicious. 

Yes, that's a provable villager roleclaim, so lets shift those votes elsewhere please and thanks

To be clear, you're claiming Orator and that you're moving a vote to someone you're not particularly suspicious of?

Ah. That saves me the trouble of deciding whether or not I was confbaising my reread. Guess so :P.

I probably could come up with a way you’re lying (PMd someone who claimed Orator and v reads you enough to cover for you, while you quietly convert them today) but like Occam’s Razor and I’m not gonna exe and find out on that one, at least not right away. That theory is more than bonkers enough to discard xD

If you’re manipping that way I’m good to stay on Araris, then. Though I do request JNV over dannnnnnex.

2 minutes ago, Shining Silhouette said:

Well...guess I've erred then. I apologize. You could still be lying, but a dubious claim this early seems too risky for Melkor

Archer, back to JNV

To be fair, Melkor is solo rn and if they’re about to die nothing is really ‘too risky’ for them :P.

Edit: but I do agree Archer is likely village here

Edited by Matrim's Dice

13 minutes ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

To be clear, you're claiming Orator and that you're moving a vote to someone you're not particularly suspicious of?

Correct, and I'm suspicious of them without justification I can articulate well enough to argue for. So I'm bringing them into the mix, to apply pressure if they're the elim

4 minutes ago, dannnnnnex said:

17 minutes left

anyone got a VC? @Fifth Scholar?

You have at least one vote on you, and there's a vote manip vote that might come your way too. 

Edit: fully agree with Mat about the risks being acceptable if I were an Elim, but it'd be a stalling tactic to let me convert because a counter claim blows it out of the water. So if I'm lying, you'll get an elim next cycle, which is good progress 

Edited by Archer

27 minutes ago, Shining Silhouette said:

Good point, with reasoning good enough for me after a couple rereads.

I'll move my vote from JNV to Archer.

While I agree they are good points and that Archer could very well be Archer. Is there anything particular about JNV that you find weird? 

This leaves JNV and probably Dan tied for the exe with Archer pulling some weird vote manip that will result in Dan dying. 

Given wizard's current voting weirdness. I'm happy to place my vote on them next cycle, but given the fact that JNV is up for the Lynch and hasn't said anything is kind of interesting.