Rosharan or Scadrian Waffles

The Bookwyrm

Rosharan or Scadrian Waffles  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Which waffles are better?

• Rosharan Waffles
    • Scadrian Waffles

So, when @CalanoCorvus hit Scadrian Waffle Cook on the reputation ranks, it got me thinking. 

We know that Scadrial is slowly advancing to modernization, with the technology that its using being quite similar to what we have here on Earth. Because it's very close to Earth, there is a good chance that in the next few decades (relative to era 2) waffle technology will be developed, and Scadrial will be blessed with the wonderful tastyness of waffles. This inspired those who run the Shard to create the Scadrian Waffle Cook rank.

However, Roshar is also approaching modernization, but through a very different type of technology: Fabrials. Fabrials fundamentally run on very different principles, but the effects that you can produce with them mean that Roshar will one day most likely have a fully modern society, just powered by Stormlight instead of electricity. Based on what we can assume with this, in the next few years, Roshar could develop waffles by simply creating a waffle iron made of metal and then using a heating fabrial. The ingredients would be very different, but it would still be a waffle.

Here is the WoB about Rosharan Waffles: 

Questioner

Do you think Roshar will invent waffle technology?

Brandon Sanderson

Waffle technology, I think they will... definitely. There may be a little work left to go.

Questioner

Will it be in Lift's time?

Brandon Sanderson

*laughs* Yes, probably Lift's time. Yes, she would enjoy some waffles.

Now. Here comes the debate.

Which one is better?

I know @Boomerang Guy started a whole Wafflism thing, so I hope everyone who participated in that comes to see this. We're all Sanderfans, and most of us (I assume) like waffles. Which ones are better? 

Would you rather eat waffles that are made of ingredients from an alien world? Waffles that are cooked using energy from a tyrannical, constant, world-shaping storm and a piece of Adonalsium itself?

Or would you rather eat waffles cooked with technology that represents the overthrowing of a tyrannical god-king that ruled for a millenia? Waffles that showcase the ingenuity and perseverance of an entire world and people?

Pick your side, and let the debate begin!

Edited by The Bookwyrm

i'm dissapointed in all of you.

scadrian waffles are the equivalent of either WaffleLove waffles, or belgian waffles from a world fair.

rosharan waffles are NON-EXISTENT AND they'd taste like tallew, which would be ew.

scadrian waffle superiority.

18 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Start tagging those that might want to join the debate!

@Shining Silhouette @SymphonianBookworm @Morningtide @Landing Sequence @Nameless @Thaidakar the Ghostblood  @Szeth's Facepalm

I'm sorry if I tagged you and you'd rather not do this. Sorry to bother you.

I think I made my opinion on Rosharan Waffles clear,

We don't talk about those :ph34r:

So I'll have to say Scadrian. :rolleyes:

Edited by Landing Sequence

I'm going to go Scadrian, because of the ingredients issue.  If I'm remembering correctly, lavis and tallew are supposed to be similar to corn and rice, respectively.  I'm sure you could make a tasty waffle from corn or rice (cornmeal waffles are a thing, right?) but I prefer me some wonderful gluten filled wheaty waffle goodness.

1 minute ago, Jozomby said:

I'm going to go Scadrian, because of the ingredients issue.  If I'm remembering correctly, lavis and tallew are supposed to be similar to corn and rice, respectively.  I'm sure you could make a tasty waffle from corn or rice (cornmeal waffles are a thing, right?) but I prefer me some wonderful gluten filled wheaty waffle goodness.

Thank you!

7 hours ago, CalanoCorvus said:

i'm dissapointed in all of you.

scadrian waffles are the equivalent of either WaffleLove waffles, or belgian waffles from a world fair.

rosharan waffles are NON-EXISTENT AND they'd taste like tallew, which would be ew.

scadrian waffle superiority.

1 hour ago, Jozomby said:

4 hours ago, Quantus said:

Scadrian, because I can make reasonable guesses at what they'd be made from (and it's likely to be Wheat).  Rosharan food could be anything....

Well, worldhoppers could introduce them to wheat, plus don't you like trying new ways of things?

On 9/1/2022 at 9:55 AM, The Bookwyrm said:

Start tagging those that might want to join the debate!

@Shining Silhouette @SymphonianBookworm @Morningtide @Landing Sequence @Nameless @Thaidakar the Ghostblood  @Szeth's Facepalm

I'm sorry if I tagged you and you'd rather not do this. Sorry to bother you.

Sad feelings of loneliness because I didn't get summoned.

More importantly though, ROSHARAN WAFFLES.

That is all.