Explaining ICMBAAOM (Insanity Clinic for the Moderately Brandofandonitis Afflicted *And Other Maladies*

Medium

Welcome to the ICMBAAOM Explained thread.

In this, I and other members of the ICMBAAOM thread will attempt to dumb it down for the general population to understand the absolute randomness that occurs in the thread.

We will try to go page by page, and every page should be limited to one paragraph. The format is as follows.

I should also say, the inspiration for the Clinic was brought by @Szeth's Facepalm, for reasons I do not remember.

Page 1:

In which Calano founds the clinic, and many patients test the limits of the facility and try to escape. They fail, and most return to their rooms to read.

Go crazy people! Paragraph per page, basic terminology, and page by page.

Have fun!

Edited by CalanoCorvus

I'll try to make a more detailed page 1 summary.

Page  1:

Calano founds the clinic as Doctor Doom (not the comic book character), and the first clients enter. They soon learn that they're not allowed to get out and random chaos starts. Both Tani and Frustration try to leave, in no avail.

2 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Page 5:

Frustration continues his studies in Investiture, Dr. Doom interviews Goob, Jimmy Thunder appears and advises Frustration, and Morningtide continues to read.

Don't forget the constant war over books. I believe such things repeated a few times during the running of the game.

Why am I trying to help summarize an RP I no longer play, especially the parts during which I wasn't present?

1 minute ago, Trutharchivist said:

Don't forget the constant war over books. I believe such things repeated a few times during the running of the game.

Why am I trying to help summarize an RP I no longer play, especially the parts during which I wasn't present?

Good question. War on books, got it.

Page 6:

No one wants to help Taln, Doomie informs Goob that the ICBAAOM does not hate Brandon Sanderson, Shadow makes an appearance, apparently having conspired against Goob in order to protect immortality. Doomie uses his avatar Dom to advise Frustration and solve a few disputes, some more book disputes happen, and @Thaidakar the Ghostblood makes the correct assumption that the thread is going to be around for a while.

Page 7:

They have an argument over characters, a book is thrown and obliterated by Tani. People have various reactions to the destroyed book and some more people come to the clinic. Morningtide has spiked cookies, but they are eaten by Jimmie thunder and replaced with non-spiked cookies.

Edited by The Wandering Wizard

Page 11:

Tani gets upset that other patients (Random Fellow in particular) read non-Sanderson books, Nameless first notices Shadow, causing him to become convinced that he is the main character and will soon gain incredible powers.

Morningtide steals a copy of AoN from Nameless and gives it to Tani in an attempt to cheer her up.

Frustration obtains a copy of Dragonsteel Prime, and Nameless wants one too.

Page 12:

Morningtide makes some copies of unpublished novels for Nameless to read. Tani is still in distress, and the full KotLC series supplied by Random Fellow only makes things worse.

Random Fellow argues with Dr. Doomslug the Destroyer about the fact that he's addicted to all other books, not just Sanderson, and that he can control that addiction.

Frustration complains about how the patients can't leave.

Nameless tries to figure out if he's a POV character.

Morningtide tries to help Tani out, and Nameless tries to prove that he's cured of Brandofandonitis.

Page 13:

Nameless successfully 'proves' himself sane, also proving himself (in his eyes) a main character. Thaidakar sees through this trick.

Tani examines some cookies for spikes, and Thaidakar attempts to snag some, leading to an altercation.

Nameless leaves the clinic intent on finding the nearest library and reading the entire SA back half, followed closely by Shadow. In this library is a book that apparently only Nameless can open, which Shadow attempts to get him to open, to no avail. Oh, and Random Guy pops up there for some reason.

Page 14:

Tani melts presumably after Shadow messes with Nameless' head. The fake Sanderson book changes hands, and an argument in the clinic lobby ensues after Dom scolds Shadow for tormenting people. Shadow gets fired, and Frustration wants to turn Shadow into fire with a soulcaster. Dom gets angry and confiscates Frustrations' soulcaster.

On 9/12/2022 at 11:42 AM, CalanoCorvus said:

Page 1:

In which Calano founds the clinic, and many patients test the limits of the facility and try to escape. They fail, and most return to their rooms to read.

Go crazy people! Paragraph per page, basic terminology, and page by page.

Have fun!

Don't forgor your inspiration lol

• 4 weeks later...

Page 15:

Frustration continues suggesting fire-related deaths for Shadow until Dom sends him to solitary confinement. Frustration eats his straightjacket and begins writing on the walls. Nameless gets scared of Shadow, and Shadow reveals his identity as Master Hivemind, a person who is allied with every government in the universe, to Dom. Nameless wants to get rid of Shadow, Frustration is still theorizing, and Random Fellow shows up again.

Page 16:

EmLee finished a Sanderson book and starts reading others, writing up a long essay on why Brandon's books are the best while eating cookies and carrots. Nameless finishes reading Dune and argues that WoT didn't copy all that much from it, starting a furniture/food/knife/finger gun/laser fight, and annoys Calano by aggressively seeking allies in new patients.