Artemis Fowl

Elf

Totally not copying calano here 

This is for you to talk about all things Artemis Fowl because honestly, Artemis fowl, Harry Potter and Percy Jackson are the holy Trinity of middle grade fantasy 

To start off

Favourite character?

Mine is Artemis, obviously. He was one of those characters that walked so characters like Kaz could run

It's kind of weird with me, really... I'm not really a superfan of anything, but I've read quite a few books and remember them quite well. It's related because I've read Artemis Fowl, and it was... Nice, I guess (I especially like decrypting the writings at the bottom), but I don't really have a favorite character.

1 hour ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

I did before book six.

Ah i get that. That...scene was not cool. But hey it was the early 2000s I guess, and the books are a product of their time. 

1 hour ago, SymphonianBookworm said:

I love Artemis. He’s great. Who else ships him with Holly?

Also, Mulch is an icon. So is Foaly. And Butler. And… all the characters. 

I ship him with Holly! Okay, Symph here's a question for ya. It contains minor spoilers for SoC and book 3 of Artemis Fowl so I'll put it in a box. 

Spoiler

Do you think that scene in book 3 where Artemis wants to cut off that guys finger (Spiro, I think?) is strangely reminiscent of Kaz ripping out that other guys eyeball? Well, a way milder, much much tamer version but still. 

27 minutes ago, AonDoor said:

Isn't Holly hundreds of years old? Also, I've only read the first two books. (Don't hurt me.)

More like 80 years old  

But hey 

Need I say more than 

Edward and Bella? 

Damon/Stefan and Elena? 

Atleast holly 

Isn't 

Yk 

The living dead

Don't worry we won't hurt you 

Much 

:)

(Goes without saying/jk)

Edited by Elf

Oh that was a badass scene

Let's go Butler! 

Have you seen the movie 

On a scale of 0 to -10000, how bad did you find it? 

Not throwing shade on any of the actors (they tried their best with what they were given) but the...everything else could have been better

Edited by Elf

3 hours ago, Elf said:

Ah i get that. That...scene was not cool. But hey it was the early 2000s I guess, and the books are a product of their time. 

I ship him with Holly! Okay, Symph here's a question for ya. It contains minor spoilers for SoC and book 3 of Artemis Fowl so I'll put it in a box. 

Hide contents

Do you think that scene in book 3 where Artemis wants to cut off that guys finger (Spiro, I think?) is strangely reminiscent of Kaz ripping out that other guys eyeball? Well, a way milder, much much tamer version but still. 

Age? In a ratio to human years, Holly is about his age. Besides. I ship Jasnahoid and we don’t talk about the age difference there :P

wait a minute…. Yeah, it is…

14 hours ago, SymphonianBookworm said:

Age? In a ratio to human years, Holly is about his age. Besides. I ship Jasnahoid and we don’t talk about the age difference there :P

wait a minute…. Yeah, it is…

Well, Hoid is basically immortal, so it's impossible to make a ratio for that. Hartemis (can you think of a better name?) wouldn't last because Artemis would age way faster than Holly. Also, are you saying she's about his physical or mental age?

2 minutes ago, AonDoor said:

Well, Hoid is basically immortal, so it's impossible to make a ratio for that. Hartemis (can you think of a better name?) wouldn't last because Artemis would age way faster than Holly. Also, are you saying she's about his physical or mental age?

Wellllllllllllllllll, read more and you might understand a bit more.

One clarification 

I ship 15/18 year old Artemis (if you know what I'm talking about then you know) with holly. 

Not the 12 to 14 range one  

Cause that's just 

Plain weird

Edited by Elf

oh yeah that scene is in book six not 4.

Spoiler

its weird for it being a little non-con but artemis is 15 in it. And since they go back in time, artemis gets aged up to 18 and holly gets aged down to...younger, remember?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello I just recently re read the Artemis fowl series (it was my fav when I was 10) and I have definitely not been trying to do an Irish accent since, nor looking for merch.

On 13/9/2022 at 6:21 AM, Elf said:

Have you seen the movie 

On a scale of 0 to -10000, how bad did you find it? 

Not throwing shade on any of the actors (they tried their best with what they were given) but the...everything else could have been better

3/10000 I’m sorry it was terrible it wasn’t as bad as the Percy Jackson movie though 

• 3 months later...