On 10/7/2022 at 8:26 AM, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

Charlotte grins “We could look for treasure, or for the legendary Xairim warriors. Or fight dragons, or go save the South from the Karcidonil.”

"Yes. All of those. Dragons? Can we have pet dragons?"

14 hours ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

“Of course! Pet dragons only appear around my home islands. But there are plenty of varieties there!”

Zephyr grinned. 

"Islands? Where are you from?"

Can we get some kind of monster or other catalyst in here to keep things from going stale?

Just now, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

“I’m from the sea. I’m Seafolk. I—“ Charlotte cut off abruptly as the ground rocked. “Chasms,” she cursed. “A dragon.”

Zephyr's smile bloomed even wider.

"DRAGON!?"

Her deformed wings flopped pitifully with excitement. 

3 minutes ago, Ookla the Obstinate said:

Zephyr's smile bloomed even wider.

"DRAGON!?"

Her deformed wings flopped pitifully with excitement. 

A deep purple shimmery dragon slunk out of the ground, the mud slid off her like water. Snakelike, she had no wings. “What are you doing here?” Her voice was rich and resonant.

Charlotte backed away and glanced at Zephyr. “Just passing through.”

Just now, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

A deep purple shimmery dragon slunk out of the ground, the mud slid off her like water. Snakelike, she had no wings. “What are you doing here?” Her voice was rich and resonant.

Charlotte backed away and glanced at Zephyr. “Just passing through.”

Zephyr couldn't control herself. She ran up and hugged the dragon.

"Can we fight? Can I ride you? How strong are you? Are you magic? How many dragons are there?"

5 minutes ago, Ookla the Obstinate said:

Zephyr couldn't control herself. She ran up and hugged the dragon.

"Can we fight? Can I ride you? How strong are you? Are you magic? How many dragons are there?"

Charlotte facepalmed. The dragon laughed in surprise. “You’re very bold. Certainly, we can fight. If you win, I suppose you could ride me once. I enjoy novelties. I’m very strong, I am definitely magical, and there are many dragons over the face of the world. If you want a pet, though, I’d recommend the Inertian Wilds.”

That went well, Charlotte thought. “Um, Zephyr? This isn’t a great idea.”

On 12/4/2022 at 8:47 PM, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

Charlotte facepalmed. The dragon laughed in surprise. “You’re very bold. Certainly, we can fight. If you win, I suppose you could ride me once. I enjoy novelties. I’m very strong, I am definitely magical, and there are many dragons over the face of the world. If you want a pet, though, I’d recommend the Inertian Wilds.”

That went well, Charlotte thought. “Um, Zephyr? This isn’t a great idea.”

Zephyr's awe was practically tangible.

"You're so cool... The idea of keeping a dragon as a pet seems stupid now." She ignored Charlotte. "Okay, let's fight!"

Zephyr darted to the side.

"You're so big... I bet you're pretty ticklish." 

She began tickling the dragon.

On 12/9/2022 at 10:10 PM, Ookla the Obstinate said:

Zephyr's awe was practically tangible.

"You're so cool... The idea of keeping a dragon as a pet seems stupid now." She ignored Charlotte. "Okay, let's fight!"

Zephyr darted to the side.

"You're so big... I bet you're pretty ticklish." 

She began tickling the dragon.

The dragon yelped in surprise and jumped away. “How very impudent of you. To be ticklish is undignified.” She swiped the back of her claws gently at Zephyr—not enough to do permanent damage, mind you.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/12/2022 at 8:45 PM, The Halcyon Girl said:

The dragon yelped in surprise and jumped away. “How very impudent of you. To be ticklish is undignified.” She swiped the back of her claws gently at Zephyr—not enough to do permanent damage, mind you.

"Impudent? Nooooo." Zephyr stumbled but caught herself. "Everyone deserves to be tickled. It's fun! You know what I think? Truly dignified people don't care if the things they do are dignified or not, because by doing the things, they become dignified. And you seem like a truly dignified dragon!" 

She flared her pitiful wings, pleased with her sound logic.

13 hours ago, Ranryu said:

"Impudent? Nooooo." Zephyr stumbled but caught herself. "Everyone deserves to be tickled. It's fun! You know what I think? Truly dignified people don't care if the things they do are dignified or not, because by doing the things, they become dignified. And you seem like a truly dignified dragon!" 

She flared her pitiful wings, pleased with her sound logic.

“You are a very dizzying person. Utterly confusing.” She tapped her claws against the ground, sinking into a ready defensive stance. “Then again, very few humanoids make sense.”

”Let’s stop bothering her,” Charlotte cut in. “We really should go.”

Just now, The Halcyon Girl said:

“You are a very dizzying person. Utterly confusing.” She tapped her claws against the ground, sinking into a ready defensive stance. “Then again, very few humanoids make sense.”

”Let’s stop bothering her,” Charlotte cut in. “We really should go.”

Zephyr looked sad, but realized that fighting a dragon was probably not a good idea.

"Bye awesome dragon lady. Maybe we can fight another time."

She fingered her flute sadly.

12 minutes ago, Ranryu said:

Zephyr looked sad, but realized that fighting a dragon was probably not a good idea.

"Bye awesome dragon lady. Maybe we can fight another time."

She fingered her flute sadly.

The dragon snort-laughed. “I’ll look forward to it.” She slithered off into the landscape.

”So you wanted a companion dragon. Right? Because we do have some tameable dragons near the isles.”

2 hours ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

The dragon snort-laughed. “I’ll look forward to it.” She slithered off into the landscape.

”So you wanted a companion dragon. Right? Because we do have some tameable dragons near the isles.”

"Companion dragon? More like I want to be a dragon companion. Where to next?" Zephyr grinned. "Where's the closest fun place?"

On 12/31/2022 at 3:05 PM, Ranryu said:

"Companion dragon? More like I want to be a dragon companion. Where to next?" Zephyr grinned. "Where's the closest fun place?"

“Closest fun place… depends on your idea of fun. We could go pick a fight with some underwater monsters, or look around in Javenaire. There are also some weird enchanted caves under the mountains to the south.”

28 minutes ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

“Closest fun place… depends on your idea of fun. We could go pick a fight with some underwater monsters, or look around in Javenaire. There are also some weird enchanted caves under the mountains to the south.”

"All of them, in that order! How do we get there?"

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/1/2023 at 7:02 PM, The Halcyon Girl said:

Charlotte thought. “Monsters thataway.” She pointed. “Just a day or two to the east.”

"Cool! Let's go!"

Time skip to something interesting? And we need to get a few more people on this. An antagonist, maybe?