Oldest Child Club

Ranryu

On 11/27/2022 at 8:21 PM, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

Same. I am quiet. Except when I’m around friends.

Indeed, I think there is definitely a distinction between naturally being a quiet person and having learned how to be quiet when necessary. Oldest children have, generally, had to learn the art of being quiet.

This is all very good. Thank you all for your input! I won't be publishing any papers on it but it has certainly helped toward cementing my theory.

@Arkangel Might be a little late to the train, but yeah, I have learned to be quiet and listen in some scenarios. If I didn't have to learn how to be quiet when younger siblings are sleeping or having their moments, then I'd be the loudest.....

I'd agree with your theory

18 minutes ago, Ookla the Unknowing said:

Cool, but you are aware that double posting is frowned upon, correct?

My siblings aren't that strange, I don't think, but they will sacrifice you to Barnaby, and we have extensive lore surrounding Bob Rich Guy.

I dont think this is a double post.

On 11/27/2022 at 8:14 PM, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

My youngest bro and youngest sis are practically joined at the hip. They’re always playing together and it does sometimes get loud. But I’m my family, the younger the kid is, the louder their voice is on average.

Kids just tell too much in general.

My brother literally has no sense of self preservation, common sense, or actually anything involving logic. Today, he pushed a stool to the edge of our staircase and stood on it. Directly after that, he tried on his brother's bow tie and almost strangled himself. When I took it away, he started screaming about an orange bow tie. We don't own any orange bow ties.  After that, he decided it would be fun to sit on our dining room table in only a diaper, eating from a huge pot of popcorn. Where he got so much popcorn, I have no idea. Oh, and the blinds were open so people on the street could see him.

I love my siblings, but they're a little crazy. Actually they're completely crazy. Dare I mention the time my oldest little brother decided that my name is actually a species name, therefore making me not human? 

Have any of you noticed that the oldest child in a family tends to be more responsible and... maybe a little bit bossy?

9 hours ago, Ookla the Obstinate said:

My brother literally has no sense of self preservation, common sense, or actually anything involving logic. Today, he pushed a stool to the edge of our staircase and stood on it. Directly after that, he tried on his brother's bow tie and almost strangled himself. When I took it away, he started screaming about an orange bow tie. We don't own any orange bow ties.  After that, he decided it would be fun to sit on our dining room table in only a diaper, eating from a huge pot of popcorn. Where he got so much popcorn, I have no idea. Oh, and the blinds were open so people on the street could see him.

I love my siblings, but they're a little crazy. Actually they're completely crazy. Dare I mention the time my oldest little brother decided that my name is actually a species name, therefore making me not human? 

Have any of you noticed that the oldest child in a family tends to be more responsible and... maybe a little bit bossy?

I mean, I don't know. I don't feel very bossy.

On 12/5/2022 at 11:06 PM, Ookla the Obstinate said:

I'm kind of bossy at times, but I think my second oldest brother (the sibling after me) is pretty bossy :lol:

Sorry to necropost (sort of), but I've been wondering what portion of the shard is the oldest child in their family (or if they have no siblings). Also, I want to know how many people identify as introverts, extroverts, or ambiverts and how birth order could relate to their personality. Should I create a thread for that?

Edited by Cone Slice