Mid-Range Game 60: Overexposure

Archer

Sorry I haven't been here, my Father found a little plot of land in seattle that is like 2000 sq ft and i have spent the past few days with trying to design a little house to fit on the land as a little hyperfixation

Also just got off one of the most exhausting Elim games of my life even though Idk if i can say that when i was only alive 3 days

Low info kills are generally made when an Elim is widely village read/is very present in the game, and either those village reading them are widely village read, or they have teammates that are the same @Conquestor.

I still like Mat and Shining,

3 hours ago, Mark IV said:

Might have been wrong either way. :/

Yeah, though I am inclined to give shining a slight elim read. This stems most from the fact that I believe Mat is evil. 

First of all he is acting very similarly to how he acted in the recent QF 62. He is not really acting like he has when he's been village. And he hasn't posted his reads yet, which isn't really alignment indicative, but village Mat usually or sometimes will do it earlier. 

12 hours ago, Illwei said:

Sorry I haven't been here, my Father found a little plot of land in seattle that is like 2000 sq ft and i have spent the past few days with trying to design a little house to fit on the land as a little hyperfixation

Also just got off one of the most exhausting Elim games of my life even though Idk if i can say that when i was only alive 3 days

Low info kills are generally made when an Elim is widely village read/is very present in the game, and either those village reading them are widely village read, or they have teammates that are the same @Conquestor.

41 minutes ago, Illwei said:

Wot

Illwei, Mat, Shining elims confirmed!

1 minute ago, Illwei said:

Im just rly trying to get across my point ig

or my internet rly hates me

12 hours tho XD

5 minutes ago, Illwei said:

Mat did post reads yesterday, and they were incredibly in tune with my thoughts at the time which is why I think he's village. You seem a little all over the place this game though, wiz.

While I'm not saying there was a lot to do C1, all Mat did do (in terms of player analysis) was read Shining and then justify why he thought Shining was village. While I'm willing to give Shining the benefit of the doubt for the confvil plan idea, I don't see why that clears Mat?

While I can't really comment about Wiz's behaviour this game (vs their behaviour in other games), I found both Wiz's and Shining's gut votes right after JNV's post were reactionary enough to give me village vibes on them.

Shining did later explain his reasoning for voting for JNV and Wiz did mention he was looking for targets other than JNV to try and unbias himself, which I expect might seem like he was defending JNV instead (not voting for them even though JNV was acting fishy at the time). 

To me, it's really Mat's fixation with Wiz from last turn that's interesting, but I don't really know what to make of it. 

Just now, Mark IV said:

12 hours tho XD

While I'm not saying there was a lot to do C1, all Mat did do (in terms of player analysis) was read Shining and then justify why he thought Shining was village. While I'm willing to give Shining the benefit of the doubt for the confvil plan idea, I don't see why that clears Mat?

While I can't really comment about Wiz's behaviour this game (vs their behaviour in other games), I found both Wiz's and Shining's gut votes right after JNV's post were reactionary enough to give me village vibes on them.

Shining did later explain his reasoning for voting for JNV and Wiz did mention he was looking for targets other than JNV to try and unbias himself, which I expect might seem like he was defending JNV instead (not voting for them even though JNV was acting fishy at the time). 

To me, it's really Mat's fixation with Wiz from last turn that's interesting, but I don't really know what to make of it. 

to be clear I don't think it clears mat and I don't expect people to follow me on this read. I do think that it makes mat more likely village specifically to me, and therefore influences how i view the game from that.

Personally I don't see how voting in reaction to JNV's single post would be villagery, seeing as how I didn't really get anything bad off of it iirc

21 minutes ago, Illwei said:

Mat did post reads yesterday, and they were incredibly in tune with my thoughts at the time which is why I think he's village.

I am tired right now. I meant a more a reads list, as it was only Dannex and Me that he said reads on. Though full reads don't always come until later.

22 minutes ago, Illwei said:

You seem a little all over the place this game though, wiz.

I am a little scatterbrained right now. It mostly stems from me being really tired, the fact that I am trying a little different strategy, and the fact that I don't have any clear reads on anyone, all are a bit murky, except Mat, he's less murky than the others.

Coming back from XC to find posts is a nice surprise :P 

3 hours ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

First of all he is acting very similarly to how he acted in the recent QF 62. He is not really acting like he has when he's been village. And he hasn't posted his reads yet, which isn't really alignment indicative, but village Mat usually or sometimes will do it earlier. 

I completely disagree on your first point. Maybe it counts for less since I'm self-metaing but I was much more active as an elim since I was more invested in the game (especially as the only starting elim) and you'll notice that in the LG my activity matches closer with this game. Saying I'm not acting like v!me is great and all but I'll ask you for some semi-specific examples, not because I don't believe you have something in mind but because I'm genuinely curious xD (EDIT: Also, (and I make this point as a joke), but the goal is for my elim game to feel like my village game so maybe that's what's happening and you're just seeing the effects backwards :ph34r:)

And I mean. I thought I made it pretty clear I v read Shining and e read you, I mentioned a v dannex lean multiple times, and I don't think you can call me out on something no one else has done either, yourself included. I say the following without fact checking it, but I'd be willing to bet e!me in the QF posted a reads list before v!me in the LG did, anyway. Just based off my aforementioned higher engagement in the QF.

2 hours ago, Illwei said:

Im just rly trying to get across my point ig

or my internet rly hates me

Legit did not even notice until right now. I got the notification twice and still didn't notice :P.

2 hours ago, Mark IV said:

Hard for me to see it as a fixation when nothing fundamental has happened for me to want to change my mind :P Never got around to rereading (busy) and I'm okay keeping my vote there after his recent posts. But thanks for the reminder not to tunnel, I should get around to looking at C1 again and making a proper reads list.

Edited by Matrim's Dice

3 hours ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

I am tired right now. I meant a more a reads list, as it was only Dannex and Me that he said reads on. Though full reads don't always come until later.

I am a little scatterbrained right now. It mostly stems from me being really tired, the fact that I am trying a little different strategy, and the fact that I don't have any clear reads on anyone, all are a bit murky, except Mat, he's less murky than the others.

You do seem different from the other games.

Anything in particular you're trying here, or are you just going for different in general?

2 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

And I mean. I thought I made it pretty clear I v read Shining and e read you, I mentioned a v dannex lean multiple times, and I don't think you can call me out on something no one else has done either, yourself included. I say the following without fact checking it, but I'd be willing to bet e!me in the QF posted a reads list before v!me in the LG did, anyway. Just based off my aforementioned higher engagement in the QF.

I don't really know, which is why I said it was less indicative, and I meant a full reads list not just a few. And you were right about posting earlier in the QF, though that was because and I quote the "EarlyAndDubiousReads train". It's not really allignment indicitave. Yes I haven't posted a reads list, because it's basically purely null, though I need to reread threads, tomorrow, possibly, won't have much time though. 

48 minutes ago, Shining Silhouette said:

Anything in particular you're trying here, or are you just going for different in general?

Mostly different and a little more aggresive, also different than I usually play, because that doesn't seem to be working out, but neither is this.

46 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

I don't really know, which is why I said it was less indicative, and I meant a full reads list not just a few. And you were right about posting earlier in the QF, though that was because and I quote the "EarlyAndDubiousReads train". It's not really allignment indicitave. Yes I haven't posted a reads list, because it's basically purely null, though I need to reread threads, tomorrow, possibly, won't have much time though. 

Mostly different and a little more aggresive, also different than I usually play, because that doesn't seem to be working out, but neither is this.

why would you say it hasnt been working out? meaning how do you imagine things working? what are you not accomplishing with your other games that you think this will?

This is a genuine question btw

11 hours ago, Illwei said:

why would you say it hasnt been working out? meaning how do you imagine things working?

Trying to be more active, which I think is working and trying to go less off of gut reads, which isn't working as well. 

what are you not accomplishing with your other games that you think this will?

I'm not exactly sure, just trying out a new strategy and be more helpful to the village instead of a hinderance, which also isn't really working.

14 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

I completely disagree on your first point. Maybe it counts for less since I'm self-metaing but I was much more active as an elim since I was more invested in the game (especially as the only starting elim) and you'll notice that in the LG my activity matches closer with this game. Saying I'm not acting like v!me is great and all but I'll ask you for some semi-specific examples, not because I don't believe you have something in mind but because I'm genuinely curious xD (EDIT: Also, (and I make this point as a joke), but the goal is for my elim game to feel like my village game so maybe that's what's happening and you're just seeing the effects backwards :ph34r:)

It's a bit more of a vibe thing and also the way you word your sentances seems more like the QF than the LG. Which I suppose isn't really much, but it's kinda all I got right now. I might change after I reread some stuff, later.

Your more recent posts seem less like it now though, which is normal as I tend to read you elim and then it changes the second day. Mat.

Edited by The Wandering Wizard
Fixing spacing error

oop

forgot to follow the thread

rip

didn't miss too much, we're fine

min 5 hours left.

i believe the VC is:
Wiz (2): Dannex, Mat
Devo(2): Xino, Conq

that's not great
get your votes in people

Edited by dannnnnnex

1 hour ago, dannnnnnex said:

Devo (2): Xino, Conq

EDIT: This is untrue

In addition to this, Wiz is voting for Mat. 

A minimum of 3.5 hours to go, everyone!

Edited by Archer

Just now, Archer said:

In addition to this, Wiz is voting for Mat. 

A minimum of 3.5 hours to go, everyone!

Wiz canceled their mat vote:

2 hours ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Your more recent posts seem less like it now though, which is normal as I tend to read you elim and then it changes the second day. Mat.

1 hour ago, dannnnnnex said:

i believe the VC is:
Devo(2): Xino, Conq

that's not great
get your votes in people

The worst part about this is that neither Devo vote means anything