• Tetrahedron???
    • Octahedron???
    • Dodecahedron???
    • Isodecahedron???
    • C u b e ? ? ?
    • I hate all of these options.

4 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

It would appear that we cannot find consensus

So the first order of business will be to come to a consensus on how to come to a consensus

I’ve been making executive decisions. It scares me. 

14 minutes ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

Facts: Archipelago. Medival. Islands where reality warps. Magical creatures.

Considerations: tetrahedral world; star-moon-sun based magic

Tetrahedral world:

For: Haly, Unknown Novel

Against:

Star-moon-sun magic

For: Justice, Wizard (I think, correct me if Im wrong)

Against:

—Kassy

—Kassy

Oh yeah! I can do that!

Beforehand, let’s make sure we got everything:

- Archipelago world (or at least country setting)

- The world’s a tetrahedron for some reason (I have cool lore ideas for that actually)

- Celestial magic system (sun/moon/stars)

- Magical island pocket dimension things

- Unknown’s mess of semicolons

- All of my dumb ideas (but mostly just the soul capture and pokemon knockoff)

- Wizard’s Walmart Pashendi

- Oh yeah and we’re pretty set on medieval fantasy rn

Edited by Channelknight Fadran

Just now, Channelknight Fadran said:

Oh yeah! I can do that!

- The world’s a tetrahedron for some reason (I have cool lore ideas for that actually)

- All of my dumb ideas

And don't forget my race/magic system of growing animal parts as magical armor, basically.

Poll one:

World shape:

Circle (boring, but sensical)

Flat (okay, but raises many complications)

Tetrahedron (fun, works well with essences)

Cube (like flat, but different, and just as weird)

Octahedron (fun, not too bad, works okay with essences)

Icosahedron (weird, works good with both essences and star-moon-sun magic)

Dodecahedron (fun, dnd, big, works horribly with magic systems)

Edit: Or we could just stick with tetrahedron.

Edited by The Unknown Novel

9 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Oh yeah! I can do that!

- Magical island pocket dimension things

- All of my dumb ideas (but mostly just the soul capture and pokemon knockoff)

- Wizard’s Walmart Pashendi

I'm pretty sure if we're going to have a weird shaped world, the magical warping is at the edges.

Just now, Channelknight Fadran said:

Alright y’all. I’ll be back in an hour or two for my next break. Please don’t make any executive decisions while I’m gone (Haly, you’re officially relieved of duty).

Fine, but you can't stop us from making unexecutive decisions. 

6 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Alright y’all. I’ll be back in an hour or two for my next break. Please don’t make any executive decisions while I’m gone (Haly, you’re officially relieved of duty).

Phew I don’t have to be scared now
Im for tetrahedral world 

—Haly

As an answer to how systems of govt. work, I would propose a meritocratic bureaucracy, with each island on our icosahedron having too many officials for their own good.

Also, what should our world be called? "The World" is already taken, so we can't do this.

Spoiler

The name of this mythical world is, for want of a better word, "the World." It's not really so much an official name as it is the nickname that has stuck to the entire place. When asked about its origin, most people will say something like, "That's what we call the place because... well, I guess you could say..." and eventually give up before coming up with anything more concrete.

It is permeated by many magical realms, each one different in some way from the others. This applies equally to the "human" worlds as well. The number of human nations in general is relatively small compared to other places, but each one has its own distinct culture. Of course, there are also countries and regions where humans have never set foot, no matter how far their borders extend.

So then, what is it called? What does this so-called "World" actually look like? In reality, there is only one world. But there are multiple perspectives on it, so there are several ways to think about it. For example, if you're talking with a group of adventurers, they might tell you that they plan to go "to the World," while if you were speaking with an artist, he or she would probably use the term "Worldscape." With all these names floating around, it can be easy to get confused, even when you know exactly which one you mean.

As far as the average person goes, however, the common name for the World is "the World." That's why if you ask someone to describe "the World," you'll generally just hear, "The World," and nothing else.

I'm for a globe world. No need to unnecessarily complicate things. Also, since we're deciding stuff, what are the major differences between the three types of Starmages? Is it merely the time of day that users are most powerful, or are there differences between the magic that you can use? Can Stellar mages draw energy from the earth? What happens in eclipses? How does the magic tie into the greater lore of the world? Can anyone learn magic? Do Starmages draw energy in a purely scientific manner, or are all the stars and planets 'alive' somehow, giving their power only to those they deem worthy?

I've seen a lot of RP's begin with a whole bunch of people throwing around ideas, votes, etc. I've never seen one get off the ground. To reiterate my earlier comment: if people spend too much time talking before they start roleplaying, they'll never get to the roleplaying.

Which is not to say that a single executive making every decision is a great idea either. Roleplaying is the most fun when you get to create your own stuff. Every time someone looks at the super cool idea you came up with and are super excited about and says "no, that doesn't work," it makes it a little less fun. (As an aside, I think that a less hard magic system would be better, to give more room for player creativity.)

I still think baseline rules are important, to be clear. Guidelines are essential in minimizing the risk of the ideas clash mentioned above. But those can be developed as you go along. Most important of all, if you want the RP to get off the ground, you need to start roleplaying ASAP.

My advice? Get a bare minimum something down. (A good idea could be a very loose elemental system, one broad enough to adapt to a wide variety of different ideas.) I like the idea of an archipelago world- something like that could have a lot of extremely different cultures, good for players who want to create that sort of thing. As much as the idea of an oddly shaped world intrigues me, I don't think that's necessarily the most important detail before the RP begins. :P

Kella shivered. The stars were bright tonight- not that it mattered much, since their light was as cold and empty as the sky that surrounded them. She drew deeper into her flimsy rag, trying desperately to conserve heat.

I wish I could just fall asleep, she thought. Wake up where it's warm...

Unbidden, the image of a crackling fireplace popped into her mind. She forced it away. Daydreaming wouldn't do her any good.

I don't know about a sphere world. I think that it would be fun to come up with a stupid justification for the world being an icosahedron, and it would be an interesting premise. 

As far as magic goes, I think that eclipses should have magical arcane implications that only appear during the climax. Same with the sentience of celestial bodies. Well, *I* want celestial bodies to be sentient, but I'm not sure about others.

We need a character sheet. (Cough Cough @xinoehp512) before we can really get the ball rolling. It should be fairly standard. Anyone want to make it?

Also, until anyone thinks of a better term, I'm going to start calling the budget Parshendi "Wanderers". Anyone else have an idea for more fantasy races? Personally, I think that birdfolk are always fun.

It looks like the poll indicates that we have some form of polyhedron. We'll work out the details.

I guess starmagic and elemental magic are two separate magic systems? It would be nice to figure out how they relate, but we can do that during the RP.

That's about it! We can work on the details as we play.

Edited by NerdyAarakocra

9 minutes ago, NerdyAarakocra said:

Also, until anyone thinks of a better term, I'm going to start calling the budget Parshendi "Wanderers". Anyone else have an idea for more fantasy races? Personally, I think that birdfolk are always fun.

I have an idea for them being a kind of tribal civilization that can be found in most places, they have secret communities where they live intune with nature and they gain their power to get magical armor from the wild, BUT anyone can receive this gift, very hard to do as most don't live with nature, but against.

8 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Xino, what did I say about making executive decisions while I’m away?

Also I’ll be making a separate thread for the RP itself

It's just suggestions I promise :ph34r:

If that's the case, you should make it now. 

10 minutes ago, NerdyAarakocra said:

I guess starmagic and elemental magic are two separate magic systems? It would be nice to figure out how they relate, but we can do that during the RP.

I was imagining starmagic as a subset of elemental magic, focused on the elements of Light and Darkness. (Starlight is light that passes through darkness)

13 minutes ago, NerdyAarakocra said:

We need a character sheet. (Cough Cough @xinoehp512) before we can really get the ball rolling. It should be fairly standard. Anyone want to make it?

That's probably @Channelknight Fadran's job.

Alright!

DOES ANYONE HAVE OBJECTIONS TO WHAT HAS BEEN LAID OUT SO FAR?

Because what I think is happening is:

We're on a tetrahedronal/icosahedronal archipelago world, with elemental magic, celestial magic, suns & planets that may or may not be sentient, budget Parshendi (that I'm calling Wanderers), bureaucratic government, weird wild magic zones, Humanoid birbs but with druid armor, forest elves but with magical healing breath, and a soul capture thingy.

This is just a loose collection of the ideas on this thread. It is in no way binding.

Also, ecology time! Yay!

@Channelknight Fadran@The Unknown Novel@Nameless@The Halcyon Girl@The Bookwyrm

Edited by NerdyAarakocra

Can we have a magical race of people who live in the forest, which most closely resemble elves with the skin of Singers, but instead of red black and white the colors are green, brown, and blue in neutral calm shades, and their breath has healing properties. And we can call them the Hwindi.

Please?

1 minute ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Can we have a magical race of people who live in the forest, which most closely resemble elves with the skin of Singers, but instead of red black and white the colors are green, brown, and blue in neutral calm shades, and their breath has healing properties. And we can call them the Hwindi.

Please?

I guess! I'll add it to my previous comment, in which I detail what we have so far.

Also, is that a reference to something?

Edited by NerdyAarakocra