Channelknight Fadran

On 10/29/2022 at 1:14 PM, CalanoCorvus said:

One of the officers shook his head. "No. You are lucky to still be alive, as it is. Remain outside the net."

They dragged him to the border of the net, where they lifted it and shoved him under. The magic of the net prevented Yerik from seeing in, but the officers remained there to watch him.

Yerik sighed. So much for that plan.

Resigned, he set off after Hyron.

On 10/28/2022 at 3:36 PM, Channelknight Fadran said:

Quendi ignored her companion, continuing to address the Wanderer. “You don’t strike me as the sort to respect something as simple as an understanding.  What proof do I have that you’ll keep your word?”

@The Wandering Wizard

On 10/28/2022 at 10:51 PM, The Wandering Wizard said:

"I won't kill you because you have my word, and I hate killing anyone. The voice in my head would love to murder you and if I break my word it will weaken things inside of me, letting the other side of me reign." Annamus shudders, "trust me, it's not something you want to happen."

@Channelknight Fadran

Anikel squinted. "So... can we dig?"

6 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

Yerik sighed. So much for that plan.

Resigned, he set off after Hyron.

Hyron finished packing their small pack, then slung it over their shoulder. They dashed out of their quarters, leaping off the landing, launching themselves down to the ground.

They fired a vine into the ground, then used it to slow their fall.

They landed softly, took a swig from the canteen at their hip, and walked to the edge of the net. They looked around, taking in the Domain for the last time before ducking under the net.

Hyron whistled, notifying Miyako and the other stranger that they were ready.

@Mr. Misting

1 hour ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Hyron finished packing their small pack, then slung it over their shoulder. They dashed out of their quarters, leaping off the landing, launching themselves down to the ground.

They fired a vine into the ground, then used it to slow their fall.

They landed softly, took a swig from the canteen at their hip, and walked to the edge of the net. They looked around, taking in the Domain for the last time before ducking under the net.

Hyron whistled, notifying Miyako and the other stranger that they were ready.

Miyako was in cleaning her blade when Hyron swung in. She sheathed her blade and stood up, shouldering her pack.

"Are you guys finally ready to go?" Miyako asked.

9 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

"I am," Hyron said, taking another drink from their canteen. They then grew a staff, a walking stick, to use on the journey, "Let's get going."

"Where are we going?" Miyako said looking at Yerik.

Edited by Mr. Misting

On 10/31/2022 at 2:49 PM, The Wandering Wizard said:

Annamus fades into the shadows of the trees, silently sneaking up the tree, watching with a profound curiousity.

The corkscrew began to churn up the ground, spraying dirt and pebbles into into the air.

@The Wandering Wizard @Channelknight Fadran

On 10/31/2022 at 2:45 PM, CalanoCorvus said:

Hyron followed Yerik, looking back to make sure Miyako followed.

The trio walked through the forest for some time, heading towards the coast.

At last, they broke through the trees, revealing...

@CalanoCorvus

Where would Yerik have landed?

Edited by xinoehp512

On 10/29/2022 at 1:35 PM, Channelknight Fadran said:

Vance was already squinting at the sight of smoke. "Doesn't look particularly out-of-place to me."

"But something had to have made it, right?" Quest replied, squinting at the thin line of smoke snaking across the horizon. 

Hey Achivist do you have a particular place in mind for where we are traveling or should we go check out the smoke? Sorry, I should have asked before I derailed us but I'm bad at this.

@The Aspiring Archivist

10 hours ago, justice_magician said:

The officer was awake.

oh well . . . Whist thought groggily, if we go to jail, Larsik can probably bust us out . . .

The others seemed to be talking but she had a hard time understanding the words. Her vision was so blurry . . . Whist searched in her pocket for her glasses, she seemed to have forgotten they were on her face. 

“You don’t look good,” Nayka informed Whist. “You should have some root soup.”

20 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

The trio walked through the forest for some time, heading towards the coast.

At last, they broke through the trees, revealing...

@CalanoCorvus

A beach of pale, cream colored sand. Dark blue water lapped gently at the shore. A few hundred yards to the right, a spire of rock jutted out of the unmarked sand.

Hyron breathed in, then recoiled slightly, coughing. "Ugh. Salt. I hate salt."

1 hour ago, CalanoCorvus said:

A beach of pale, cream colored sand. Dark blue water lapped gently at the shore. A few hundred yards to the right, a spire of rock jutted out of the unmarked sand.

Hyron breathed in, then recoiled slightly, coughing. "Ugh. Salt. I hate salt."

"Behold!" gestured Yerik to a rather medium-looking vessel. "Our ship!"

16 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"Behold!" gestured Yerik to a rather medium-looking vessel. "Our ship!"

"Eh. I've seen better" Miyako said, sizing up the ship.

Upon hearing Hyron she glanced at them; were they actually scared of the ocean, among all things? Tides, this Hwindi really needs to leave this island.

Edited by Mr. Misting

25 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

Out at sea, a rowboat lowered to the waves and began rowing in. Yerik waved at the figure as it came into view- a gruff, bearded man.

The rowboat landed and the man stood up, regarding Yerik curiously. "Done already?" he commented.

17 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Hyron took a deep breath to try to calm their quickly worsening nausea. And they weren't even on the boat yet.

Stalks, this was going to be a long trip.

Miyako responded to the man in the rowboat, "You got everyone your going to get off this island. Now let's leave, we can chat on the boat." Miyako was ready to leave the island; it did no one any good standing around, simply eating up time.

Miyako mercifully didn't laugh at Hyron, at least not yet. She should probably wait to tease them until they were off at sea.