Channelknight Fadran

1 hour ago, xinoehp512 said:

Out at sea, a rowboat lowered to the waves and began rowing in. Yerik waved at the figure as it came into view- a gruff, bearded man.

The rowboat landed and the man stood up, regarding Yerik curiously. "Done already?" he commented.

"Yep!" replied Yerik with no further explanation. "Nice to see you, Geff."

Geff grunted as the three got on the rowboat. "It's been two days," he muttered under his breath, shaking his head and rowing them out to where the ship was waiting.

As the boat was lifted out of the water, it wobbled unsteadily.

Hyron grabbed the side of the boat and steadied themselves, willing themselves not to throw up.

Stalks, it was hard. They felt so sick to their stomach, it was like someone was squeezing it over and over, filling it with pain.

Hyron cursed. Rather loudly, too.

Miyako smiled, feeling the spray of water across her face. It had been to long since she had been at sea.

The main ship was approaching as the sailor, Geff, pulled them across the waves. When they finally got to the ship, the crew raised their boat out of the sea.

Miyako was the first to jump onto the ship, surveying her surroundings and the crew. She turned to Yerik and asked, "how long will it take to get to Orteo?"

22 hours ago, Mr. Misting said:

Miyako smiled, feeling the spray of water across her face. It had been to long since she had been at sea.

The main ship was approaching as the sailor, Geff, pulled them across the waves. When they finally got to the ship, the crew raised their boat out of the sea.

Miyako was the first to jump onto the ship, surveying her surroundings and the crew. She turned to Yerik and asked, "how long will it take to get to Orteo?"

22 hours ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Hyron said a mental prayer to the Moons that it wouldn't be too long, stepping gingerly onto the deck of the main ship. Already, they missed the trees, and the damp, crisp smell of the wood.

"Yes, how long?" They asked.

"Well, it took us about six weeks to get here, so I'm assuming it'll take about six weeks to get back! Assuming we don't run into any storms, of course."

Quest tripped over his own cloak, scrambling to get away from the wurm.

"STAB IT! Stab it dead Vance!" 

Quest began to summon fireballs. Hopefully they could finish this demon wurm off as they did the death bunny.

Because the universe decided that would be much to easy, Quest saw a women shrouded in a cloak behind the wurm, twisting her hands in arcane patterns. She seemed to have summoned the demon wurm.

13 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

“WURM!!” Vance shouted (somewhat unhelpfully), yanking Kealie away from it by the collar and nearly toppling backwards into Quest.

6 minutes ago, Mr. Misting said:

Quest tripped over his own cloak, scrambling to get away from the wurm.

"STAB IT! Stab it dead Vance!" 

Quest began to summon fireballs. Hopefully they could finish this demon wurm off as they did the death bunny.

Because the universe decided that would be much to easy, Quest saw a women shrouded in a cloak behind the wurm, twisting her hands in arcane patterns. She seemed to have summoned the demon wurm.

“WHAT IS THAT?” Kealie yelled. “WHO ARE YOU, WITCHY PERSON?”

5 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

"Well, it took us about six weeks to get here, so I'm assuming it'll take about six weeks to get back! Assuming we don't run into any storms, of course."

Miyako nodded. 

"Where are our rooms?"

1 hour ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

“WHAT IS THAT?” Kealie yelled. “WHO ARE YOU, WITCHY PERSON?”

The women turned to Kealie, looking at her. She was older, with graying hair tied in a bun. She wore a ragged gray and red dress and carried herself with a confident bearing. The women carried a iron lantern, burning with a hollow crimson flame and a thick tome under her other arm.

She sighed, "I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but one of you need to die," she stated. "It is absolutely critical for my experiment. Submit one of your party willingly or I will have to use force and all that."

6 minutes ago, Mr. Misting said:

The women turned to Kealie, looking at her. She was older, with graying hair tied in a bun. She wore a ragged gray and red dress and carried herself with a confident bearing. The women carried a iron lantern, burning with a hollow crimson flame and a thick tome under her other arm.

She sighed, "I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but one of you need to die," she stated. "It is absolutely critical for my experiment. Submit one of your party willingly or I will have to use force and all that."

Vance blinked, then nodded and chuckled. "Oh! Okay. Sorry for the overraction."

He dropped stepped away from the others, turning back to them with a big smile.

"Seeya around! Good luck monster-hunting."

8 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

“WHAT?” Kealie turned on him. “You can’t just abandon us!”

8 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

24 minutes ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

"Umm Vance, could you please not leave us? We really need you right now."

On 10/31/2022 at 8:00 PM, The Halcyon Girl said:

“You don’t look good,” Nayka informed Whist. “You should have some root soup.”

Whist pulled herself up into a standing position with the help of a very kind wall. They were going somewhere right? Standing was hard, and the dizziness increased. She leaned her back against the wall before she could topple over. It took her a couple minutes to figure out Nayka was talking to her, but luckily the dizzy spell subsided and she heard most of it.

"soup . . . sounds nice."

Her head a bit clearer, she tried standing without the wall.

On 10/31/2022 at 3:56 PM, xinoehp512 said:

The corkscrew began to churn up the ground, spraying dirt and pebbles into into the air.

Annamus jumps and barely manages to avoid hitting his head on the tree branch above him. What in the world is that? I've seen some strange contraptions before, but this. This feels unnatural, but perhaps it is the way of life. Life evolves and changes and so do people and what they use. Hmmmm perhaps I could make them plant two seeds for the one tree that they cut down.

Purrhaps

What are you doing back?!?! I told you to leave!!!

I'm a part of you now, now and forever.

BUT WHY!

It has to deal with the ritual and what you did.

GGGRRRRRR! "RRRRRRROOOOWWWW"

@Channelknight Fadran @xinoehp512

Edited by The Wandering Wizard

18 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Hyron paled. "...Six weeks."

They groaned, sinking down to the floor. "Why did I agree to come with you two?"

Miyako patted Hyron on the head. "Stop whining, we are all in the same boat", she paused, tilting her head. "Literally I guess."

1 minute ago, Mr. Misting said:

Miyako patted Hyron on the head. "Stop whining, we are all in the same boat", she paused, tilting her head. "Literally I guess."

Hyron glared at Miyako. "Pardon, but I've never been on a boat, or the ocean, and I currently feel like my insides are being squeezed by creeper vines, then unsqueezed again, over and over. I'd shut up if I were you."

5 hours ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

5 hours ago, Mr. Misting said:

"Umm Vance, could you please not leave us? We really need you right now."

"Hm? Oh, no. I'm just letting this wurm eat me." He turned to the sketchy witch lady. "I take it that's what you mean, right?"

2 hours ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Annamus jumps and barely manages to avoid hitting his head on the tree branch above him. What in the world is that? I've seen some strange contraptions before, but this. This feels unnatural, but perhaps it is the way of life. Life evolves and changes and so do people and what they use. Hmmmm perhaps I could make them plant two seeds for the one tree that they cut down.

Purrhaps

BUT WHY!

Quendi steadied her grip on her staff, unconvinced that this Wanderer was done with them yet.

1 hour ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Hyron glared at Miyako. "Pardon, but I've never been on a boat, or the ocean, and I currently feel like my insides are being squeezed by creeper vines, then unsqueezed again, over and over. I'd shut up if I were you."

Yerik leaned over the deck, looking forwards at the open ocean ahead. Towards Orteo. Home, though it still felt a little strange to think of it that way.

He shot a glance back towards the shrinking island behind him. He'd fulfilled his duties. At least, he'd fulfilled them to the best of his abilities. Right?

The prospective recruits were looking around, seeming uncertain of what to do. One of them, the Hwindi, looked a little ill. Yerik turned and walked towards them. As he approached, the rocking of the boat seemed to cease.

"Welcome aboard!" declared Geff. "First time away from shore, either of you?"

@CalanoCorvus @Mr. Misting

3 hours ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Purrhaps

BUT WHY!

1 hour ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Hm? Oh, no. I'm just letting this wurm eat me." He turned to the sketchy witch lady. "I take it that's what you mean, right?"

Quendi steadied her grip on her staff, unconvinced that this Wanderer was done with them yet.

Anikel jumped, watching Annimus warily as the churning of the corkscrew began to slow.

Edited by xinoehp512