Channelknight Fadran

3 minutes ago, Mr. Misting said:

The door didn't open, thought the runes on the door flared red.

"Hmmm, we would have to disable or overpower the magic somehow."

“Yeslakdefishemancy,” Kealie cursed. “Perfect.”

Having slithered into the wall, Eej began to expand.

Edited by The Halcyon Girl

On 11/3/2022 at 2:08 PM, xinoehp512 said:

Anikel jumped, watching Annimus warily as the churning of the corkscrew began to slow.

Annimus doesn't notice the watching eyes, absorbed by memories of the past and the pain he caused.

No, NO, NO, NO, "NO, NO, NO! NEVER AGAIN!"

@Channelknight Fadran @xinoehp512

16 hours ago, Mr. Misting said:

Yeah, by the argument scene I realized that Miyako was going to fall for Hyron. I thought to myself, this probably won't go anywhere. Next thing I know Calano has the exact idea and was implementing it. I am very interested to see where this goes.

She hasn't realized it yet, but I'm so ready for the awkwardness she will have when she falls hard for him.

this is gonna be hilarious :D (and if you keep incorrectly using Hyron's pronouns they're gonna violently correct you)

Hyron sniffed, staring at the sails of the ship as they billowed in the wind. They had gotten used to the speed and roughness of the ship, so seasickness was no longer a concern. What was a concern, was the anxiety of seeing the world. They didn't know much of the world, only that the Corners were dangerous, and Humans could rarely be trusted.

But, if it helped their people gain better relationships with society, and maybe become an integral part of society, Hyron was willing to try.

So that made it: 2 counts of anxiety, one about the world as a whole, and an unexpected second one about... Miyako.

Hyron still didn't understand what that was, and they weren't sure they ever would, so they just put it to the back of their mind for now.

13 hours ago, Mr. Misting said:

The witch flicked her hand and the runes on the door flashed red. The doors slammed shut with Eej and Vance trapped inside.
She beckoned for Vance to follow her, "This way please, lets not have this take all night."

3 hours ago, Mr. Misting said:

The lantern in the witch's hand suddenly burned bright crimson as the book in her other hand flipped open. The pages were covered with arcane script and circles, that were all glowing. She landed on a page and looked down, muttering something. One of the arcane circles at the top of the stairs also flared red. It became a red pane of light rather than a wooden wall and a large clawed hand reached out to grab at Eej and Vance. 

The witch sighed, "You can't run away from me in my own domain. Be a dear and come down."

"So what kind of ritual is this? Summoning? Appeasing? Experimental?"

2 hours ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Annimus doesn't notice the watching eyes, absorbed by memories of the past and the pain he caused.

No, NO, NO, NO, "NO, NO, NO! NEVER AGAIN!"

@Channelknight Fadran @xinoehp512

Definitely not over yet.

"Keep digging," Quendi said.

1 hour ago, CalanoCorvus said:

this is gonna be hilarious :D (and if you keep incorrectly using Hyron's pronouns they're gonna violently correct you)

Hyron sniffed, staring at the sails of the ship as they billowed in the wind. They had gotten used to the speed and roughness of the ship, so seasickness was no longer a concern. What was a concern, was the anxiety of seeing the world. They didn't know much of the world, only that the Corners were dangerous, and Humans could rarely be trusted.

But, if it helped their people gain better relationships with society, and maybe become an integral part of society, Hyron was willing to try.

So that made it: 2 counts of anxiety, one about the world as a whole, and an unexpected second one about... Miyako.

Hyron still didn't understand what that was, and they weren't sure they ever would, so they just put it to the back of their mind for now.

Sorry I keep forgetting. Though technically you have never told Miyako this and it might be fun if you have to correct her. Would you like Miyako to refer to Hyron as them, or have Miyako be foolish and refer to Hyron as him?

After two hours of cycling Miyako ended her workout with a soft sheen of sheet, breathing hard. Satisfied.

Hyron seemed to be over on the other side of ship doing something. She would talk to him later, but right now she just wanted to find Yerik and figure out where her room or hammock was. She walked around looking for the acolyte. 

@xinoehp512

5 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"So what kind of ritual is this? Summoning? Appeasing? Experimental?"

2 hours ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

"A new experiment. I hope to open a permanent portal for ease of travel. If you'll excuse me I need to deal with a few intruders momentarily." The witch replied, looking back towards the doorway. She opened her book.

2 hours ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

Kealie jumped backward. “Oh, hi…”

Quest had been inspecting the door, leaning in to read the script when the light had began to flare. The doors began to crack and he stumbled back. 

Quest blinked, looking at the gaping hole where the door had just been. Did Kealie just break the door with her mind? Who was this girl?

Inside the doorway a large room opened up. Circles and runes covered most of the walls and floors and it seemed well decorated and maintained. A large staircase trailed up to an upper hall and the larger room was mostly empty. A hallway branched off from the room, lined with doors marked with script. 

"Ummm, what do we do now?" Quest asked, as all of the circles on the walls flared red.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Misting said:

"A new experiment. I hope to open a permanent portal for ease of travel. If you'll excuse me I need to deal with a few intruders momentarily." The witch replied, looking back towards the doorway. She opened her book.

"What? You mean kill them?" Vance seemed confused by this decision. "Why would you kill your first customers to your new portal?"

Just now, Channelknight Fadran said:

"What? You mean kill them?" Vance seemed confused by this decision. "Why would you kill your first customers to your new portal?"

"I don't do customers", the witch said grimacing at the word. "And they destroyed my door so I am not in a charitable mood."

1 minute ago, Mr. Misting said:

Sorry I keep forgetting. Though technically you have never told Miyako this and it might be fun if you have to correct her. Would you like Miyako to refer to Hyron as them, or have Miyako be foolish and refer to Hyron as him?

After two hours of cycling Miyako ended her workout with a soft sheen of sheet, breathing hard. Satisfied.

Hyron seemed to be over on the other side of ship doing something. She would talk to him later, but right now she just wanted to find Yerik and figure out where her room or hammock was. She walked around looking for the acolyte. 

@xinoehp512

Have her keep using 'he/him' and then have it slip in convo, it'll be funny for Hyron to correct her.

Hyron glanced at Miyako as she walked away. Then they stood and went to the center of the ship, near where Miyako had been doing her exercise, or stretching or whatever it was.

They sat down in the center of the deck, and took from theirt pack a pouch of soil. They spread the soil around themselves in a ring, then took a drink of water from their canteen. They placed their hand on the ring of soil, and turned the ring of soil into a ring of vines, with small pink budding flowers on them.

They sat cross-legged, then breathed deeply. At least they could still do their meditations, even if the salty made it difficult to connect smell made it difficult to connect with nature. 

Just now, CalanoCorvus said:

Have her keep using 'he/him' and then have it slip in convo, it'll be funny for Hyron to correct her.

Ok cool.

1 minute ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Maybe they just want to watch."

"They can watch your death if they want, though I will stay make then pay for damages."

12 minutes ago, Mr. Misting said:

@xinoehp512

Quest had been inspecting the door, leaning in to read the script when the light had began to flare. The doors began to crack and he stumbled back. 

Quest blinked, looking at the gaping hole where the door had just been. Did Kealie just break the door with her mind? Who was this girl?

Inside the doorway a large room opened up. Circles and runes covered most of the walls and floors and it seemed well decorated and maintained. A large staircase trailed up to an upper hall and the larger room was mostly empty. A hallway branched off from the room, lined with doors marked with script. 

"Ummm, what do we do now?" Quest asked, as all of the circles on the walls flared red.

“I don’t know…” Kealie backed away. “I wish I had useful magic, like being invisible or invincible or something.”

3 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Sounds good to me."

"Yes, ok. Let's please just get on with the sacrifice."

The witch's voice rang throughout the entrance hall. "Your friend has requested that you see his death. Go to the end of the hallway, last door on the left."

1 minute ago, Mr. Misting said:

"Yes, ok. Let's please just get on with the sacrifice."

The witch's voice rang throughout the entrance hall. "Your friend has requested that you see his death. Go to the end of the hallway, last door on the left."

“Now I REALLY wish I had useful magic,” Kealie muttered, then stepped inside and followed the directions. “So, uh, witch lady, what happened to your door?”

Just now, The Halcyon Girl said:

“Now I REALLY wish I had useful magic,” Kealie muttered, then stepped inside and followed the directions. “So, uh, witch lady, what happened to your door?”

Quest followed, both fascinated by the interior and terrified of what was happening. After reaching the end of the hallway and opening the door they saw the witch lady standing over a row of knives, with Vance besides her.

She glanced up at Kealie and responded, "Some vine nuisance, I am currently putting measures in place to trap it."

5 minutes ago, Mr. Misting said:

Quest followed, both fascinated by the interior and terrified of what was happening. After reaching the end of the hallway and opening the door they saw the witch lady standing over a row of knives, with Vance besides her.

She glanced up at Kealie and responded, "Some vine nuisance, I am currently putting measures in place to trap it."

“Vines?” Kealie gasped. Eej? Eej, what are you doing? Eej!

He informed her that she was being silly, and continued to grow, which (unless powerful enchantments) began to split the wood and weaken the wall, knocking it out in some places.

6 minutes ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

“Vines?” Kealie gasped. Eej? Eej, what are you doing? Eej!

He informed her that she was being silly, and continued to grow, which (unless powerful enchantments) began to split the wood and weaken the wall, knocking it out in some places.

The runes around Eej began to flare red. They became searing hot.

Edited by Mr. Misting